Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183366 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 12:00am On Jul 23, 2020
ednut1:
they said its acting o. But it looks too real to be scripted too

Lol. Acting or not, it happens for real.

Because all the conversation we've been having here, on abuse, it all stemmed from a Nigerian woman who landed in hospital following a thorough beating by her husband. She even had to be placed on whether na oxygen abi na drip. Woman tried to withdraw case, but police said it's a crime against the crown and can't be withdrawn by her.

So someone came here to warn us that we should leave our abusive behavior in Nigeria.

And all the discussing/argument started.

Last last, I will do all that's in my power to prevent my loved one from staying in an abusive relationship. Because this life, it's only one of it.

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by XX01(f): 12:07am On Jul 23, 2020
legionISproteus:

After all these things you wrote, AZeD1 will still say you support abusive marriages. He is from generation woke that makes drastic decisions without thinking it through. That's why I always encourage him to call the police anytime his wife abuses him, perhaps that's the only way he can learn.

These are the kind of psychos that you guys are listening to and liking their posts. They think by scaring people into not speaking up or looking for the best way out of their abusive predicament that they can continue their abusive behaviour.

legionISproteus:
As long as the bítch dies, best ending ever!

Canadian jails are waiting for your type.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 12:12am On Jul 23, 2020
XX01:

These are the kind of psychos that you guys are listening to and liking their posts. They think by scaring people into not speaking up or looking for the best way out of their abusive predicament that they can continue their abusive behaviour.

As long as she stays loyal and not dumb, there would be no need for that.

C'mon, you take away what a man has worked for for 20 - 30 years of his life and you expect him to fold his hands and cry? Because the law is on your side? You have only brought out the devil from that man and you will not live to tell the story. If you were planning to do this to your husband, I will advice you stop thinking about it.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by toboy: 1:34am On Jul 23, 2020
hinograce:
@einsteino Does this info go into your profile? Can a potential employer who does a background check see this traffic offence?

Just curious.
yes they can, if the job in ques requires you to drive or use a company car.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slushy: 1:49am On Jul 23, 2020
This was acted but it really happened. They just acted it based on the true story. Sort of bringing it to life.
ednut1:
they said its acting o. But it looks too real to be scripted too

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:18am On Jul 23, 2020
slushy:
This was acted but it really happened. They just acted it based on the true story. Sort of bringing it to life.
oh ok. Scary
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hinograce: 2:50am On Jul 23, 2020
Nice boss. Are you in Edmonton?
salford:

Only DUI offences would appear in background checks. However, employers often requests for driver's abstract. They could decide to hire or not hire based on your driver's abstract.

Check picture below. These are examples of 3 jobs recently advertised in Edmonton. All are requesting for driver's abstract.

note: Einstein case would not show up on a driver's abstract since it was a red light photo. Over speeding photo do not show on abstract too, but if you were handed a ticket by an officer, then it would show up.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nitrogen(m): 5:02am On Jul 23, 2020
legionISproteus:

As long as she stays loyal and not dumb, there would be no need for that.

C'mon, you take away what a man has worked for for 20 - 30 years of his life and you expect him to fold his hands and cry? Because the law is on your side? You have only brought out the devil from that man and you will not live to tell the story. If you were planning to do this to your husband, I will advice you stop thinking about it.

Just does not make sense. We all need to be careful. I dont think all the cases mentioned in the thread were about abusive relationships. Or why would a man bring his wife to NA, help her become a Nurse, hoping that they would improve their finances as a family, and then the woman started mis-behaving? I saw a video few months ago, a man and his wife were arguing, then she threatened to call the police, baba was angry, he could not understand why his wife would always threathen to call police on him. Naso the babe call police, she was crying on the phone. Fortunately for the man, one of the children (about 10 years old) told the truth when the police came.

Funny thing is, it's difficult to go through divorce, because you might lose everything you've worked for. This is scary!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by snowlordng(m): 5:46am On Jul 23, 2020
Good morning everyone please if you are looking for a childcare provider or home support worker pls let me know ..the person is a public/community health nurse with over 10 years experience and she's ready work with minimum wage, please help a sister she has been searching for childcare provider/home support worker job for over a year now .
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 23, 2020
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Uglyaddy: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
snowlordng:
Good morning everyone please if you are looking for a childcare provider or home support worker pls let me know ..the person is a public/community health nurse with over 10 years experience and she's ready work with minimum wage, please help a sister she has been searching for childcare provider/home support worker job for over a year now .

I don't understand.Is she in Canada?Is she eligible to work in Canada?
Does she have the requirement to be a care giver?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TobsA(f): 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hi, thank you to everyone to who contributes! Reading your posts really came in handy.

I recently landed and I’m looking to rent a Bedroom in an apartment in the North York or Etobicoke area. Preferably with female housemates and I’m available to move in August.
Please contact me if you’re aware of any available apartments.

Thanks!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by snowlordng(m): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
Uglyaddy:

I don't understand.Is she in Canada?Is she eligible to work in Canada?
Does she have the requirement to be a care giver?
she's not in Canada and she has the requirements to be a caregiver.... Caregiving work doesn't require LMIA under the new pilot program ...the only thing the employee needs in order to be eligible is prove of full-time employment offer

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Praia(f): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
XX01:

"As long as the bitch dies best ending ever"?! Oh my God! He certainly is an abuser and probably more.

Now I understand why he's so passionate about not getting police involved in abuse situations.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Praia(f): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
TobsA:
Hi, thank you to everyone to who contributes! Reading your posts really came in handy.

I recently landed and I’m looking to rent a Bedroom in an apartment in the North York or Etobicoke area. Preferably with female housemates and I’m available to move in August.
Please contact me if you’re aware of any available apartments.

Thanks!

I would be interested in sharing in North York. Incase, you find a 2 or 3 bed apartment and you need housemates. I'm female.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Linsigne(m): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
Pls wat skills can you advise one to learn before coming to Canada
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
nitrogen:

Just does not make sense. We all need to be careful. I dont think all the cases mentioned in the thread were about abusive relationships. Or why would a man bring his wife to NA, help her become a Nurse, hoping that they would improve their finances as a family, and then the woman started mis-behaving? I saw a video few months ago, a man and his wife were arguing, then she threatened to call the police, baba was angry, he could not understand why his wife would always threathen to call police on him. Naso the babe call police, she was crying on the phone. Fortunately for the man, one of the children (about 10 years old) told the truth when the police came.

Funny thing is, it's difficult to go through divorce, because you might lose everything you've worked for. This is scary!

If you remember this story (pic attached), you will know what women are capable of. Now imagine if there was no camera, or if your friend's 10 year old son did not speak up.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by savvy12: 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
kraits03:
Hello everyone,

So I joined a WhatsApp group for people trying to get to Canada created by Chioma (one of the organisers of the last trip). Send me a direct message or reply me here if you are interested in details.
please add me to the whatsapp group. I'm planning to migrate to Canada with my family and I need the step by step process.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SunshineD1: 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
savvy12:

please add me to the whatsapp group. I'm planning to migrate to Canada with my family and I need the step by step process.
l

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/667#down
This is your plug. Start from page 1

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dazzlinganio: 12:10am On Jul 24, 2020
Please is there any flight leaving from Abuja to Canada this July or Aug. I am interested. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Influential101: 12:46am On Jul 24, 2020
Dazzlinganio:
Please is there any flight leaving from Abuja to Canada this July or Aug. I am interested. Thanks
Heard Air France is leaving on 26th July from Abuja.. Call them to confirm
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purplerain(f): 2:39am On Jul 24, 2020
Hey Guys,

Can anyone please link me up with a driving instructor in Toronto. The guy I contacted is just doing shakara undecided

Please if you know anyone that's good and relatively affordable please recommend.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SusanDaves069(f): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2020
Hello NLers. Good morning,

Please Does anyone have idea on how to go about this ?

Situation is, my friend’s bf came to Nigeria for 2 weeks Jan, now he wants her to come over to Canada after Covid.
Please what Visa would he apply for her or how would he go about it, your responses are highly welcomed.

Cheers �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SunshineD1: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
SusanDaves069:
Hello NLers. Good morning,

Please Does anyone have idea on how to go about this ?

Situation is, my friend’s bf came to Nigeria for 2 weeks Jan, now he wants her to come over to Canada after Covid.
Please what Visa would he apply for her or how would he go about it, your responses are highly welcomed.

Cheers �

Visitor visa, I believe it's called TRV too.
Many resources online and on NL, use the search bar
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Homextras: 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
Hello House,

Pls any evacuation flight for August.. Date pls? Or watsapp group discussing this?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tofs2: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
Co ask
Homextras:
Hello House,

Pls any evacuation flight for August.. Date pls? Or watsapp group discussing this?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SusanDaves069(f): 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
SunshineD1:

Visitor visa, I believe it's called TRV too.
Many resources online and on NL, use the search bar

Thanks and God bless
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dazzlinganio: 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
Influential101:
Heard Air France is leaving on 26th July from Abuja.. Call them to confirm

Thanks, I did but the flight is full

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oginnite(m): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
Afternoon House, I have Cambridge IELTS 13, 14, 15 and 15(2020). Going by the current realities would that be sufficient to use for preparing for General Training test that will take place in 2weeks time or i need more?. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Babateemd: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
please i will like to know too.
tofs2:
Co ask
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Paccus: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
Thermodynamics:
Hello all, I have a B.eng in Mechanical/production engineering, I want to do my masters in Canada, but I want to optimize and get more value for my money by studying a course that is in high demand in terms of job after graduation in Canada. Please anyone in Canada who knows how the system works should make suggestions for me. Thanks.
salford

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64