Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2190279 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Admin9: 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
19CannyMum:

Cancel anything oil and gas from your list

please could you share more details?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Admin9: 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
AnthonyAk:

Oil is dead. Prolly won't be coming back anytime soon

so safety and risk is better?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AnthonyAk(m): 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2021
etrange:
Hi everyone!

Good morning from Toronto. It's been a relatively mild winter over here.

Please, I've got something to do that requires that I submit my fingerprints. According to the document, the fingerprints must be gotten from my local police station or authorised fingerprint agency.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Is there any authorised fingerprint agency here in Toronto (or GTA)? What are my options?

Thanks in anticipation!

Just goto any police station they will take either digital or a paper prints. I don't think its free either. Just call ahead
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AnthonyAk(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
Admin9:

so safety and risk is better?

Maybe not in the oil sector.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
Admin9:

please could you share more details?
are you not following current affairs Alberta pipelines project cancelled by biden and other news. Oil don cast

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Admin9: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2021
Lagbaja88:
are you not following current affairs Alberta pipelines project cancelled by biden and other news. Oil don cast

wow wow wow

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eilenora: 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2021
Please share details.

Kibjab:

Hello!
There are other options that take care of both mother and children.
The rate are friendly and it runs both on annual or monthly basis.
Is the C$870 a monthly or annual fee?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jerrysmallz: 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2021
step1:

I am composing it

How was your spouse the primary applicant when she is not working. What did she use for her work experience
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by step1: 10:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
Jerrysmallz:

How was your spouse the primary applicant when she is not working. What did she use for her work experience

She had a job in the past and that was what we used.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Funky123(f): 12:16am On Feb 13, 2021
step1:
My landing gist smiley please note grammatical errors.

I want to first of all give God all the glory.

My wife and myself started this journey 2020 first quarter, she was the primary applicant as I was very busy with work and she was not working. She wrote it 3 times and passed while i wrote it once.

Got ITA a week to her 30th birthday in March

Submitted application third week of April. The delay was caused by the pandemic.

Waited and waited, ACCRA VO

Had a baby in September so I needed to add him to our application.

Added within 4 days

Got PPR 2 days after my birthday in October Perfect birthday gift.

Submitted our passport 2nd week in November to Accra. Got passport back mid January 2021

Now the main gist. grin

I have been telling my wife we should travel that people are landing, she was saying she wanted to get Authorization letter. So we applied for AL and it never came.

On the 27th or so (Wednesday)after Canadian government announced new restrictions, I just woke her up and drove straight to MMIA, bought a ticket that same day to travel on Friday. We had just 48 hours to pack and prepare.

Did COVID19 test on Thursday

Friday the D-day

On my way to the airport, missed my way twice cry in fact I was just praying I dont miss this flight.

Got to the airport, I had no issues because I did not pack food and my wife and I have a decent visa history I guess.

Got to YYZ we were asked to remain on the plane. shocked my heart skipped as I thought they will be returning us to naija. They an announcement was made that they will only accept 50 at a time.

Ah God, what a relief.

Eventually we got out, got to the immigration officer. She stamped our CoPR and said the magic words "Welcome to Canada, congratulations you are now permanent residence of Canada. Your PR card should get to you in a couple of weeks"

Congratulations to you and your Family, please my question is that I will be rounding up with NYSC in few days from now, since you said your wife was the PA and not working at the time of your application......Is there anything you submitted because I also intend to Use my Previous work experience before gaining admission a d my one year NYSC experience. Can this Fly please

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by step1: 7:02am On Feb 13, 2021
[quote author=Funky123 post=99011479][/quote]

Well there is no law that prevents you not to.

All you need are

Your NOC
Submitted her past work experience which her previous boss signed.

Both of which must align

Also because of CRS scores, you might be needing Masters or french for FSW.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adanac13: 8:45am On Feb 13, 2021
I’m here already ooo and I’m here to stay lol, thank you so much
tysaxmalomo:

It's not like BC is hot either .... Lol. It's also cold. May not be as cold as calgary or whatnot, but if the idea is to run away from the cold. Canada isn't the place to try and run away to. Lol. But standard of living is a bit high. One of the most expensive places to live in Canada is BC, Vancouver.

Specifics would probably be better(as regards what you wanna know )
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Negevobino: 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
einsteino:
For Engineers who will like to join an Engineers whatsapp group for those yet to land or already in Canada, you may send me a pm.

I am interested in joining. I have been trying to reach you through the pm.

Email: o.uwabafor@yahoo.com

Looking forward to your reply
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Aisha2u: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hello all, pls I need a help, I have bn trying d Home Child Care pathway for a while now, my result is already evaluated by WES, hv my First AID nd CPR results from Nig Red cross, i had my 3 months course on HCCS,
am written my Ielts next month. All I need is a job offer, which seems lyk d hardest thing now, bt wht makes my own easy is dt my husband wil be paying my salary from here for d period of d 2 yrs bfor I will have my PR, because he wil not be following us, just me and my 1 kid, nd he wil luk for a place for us to stay. Pls anybody dt is a PR or a Citizen if u hv even if its only one child u r eligible for a Home Child care. Nd we r also willing to pay for d job offer. Pls anybody who is interested in helping or know anybody who can help should contact me via this no 08033910530. Thank u.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Funky123(f): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2021
step1:

Well there is no law that prevents you not to.

All you need are

Your NOC
Submitted her past work experience which her previous boss signed.

Both of which must align

Also because of CRS scores, you might be needing Masters or french for FSW.

Thanks for your response

I will be using the 2 or more certificate option and still under 30....Then we have 15points from husband siblings too
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Rochella: 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2021
A one bedroom, one bathroom is available in a Two bedroom, two bath apartment in Somervale Court, Southwest, Calgary. Will be available march 1st as the individual is relocating.The apartment has washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, medium sized refrigerator etc. It has a balcony where you can have barbecue with few friends( lovely view). It is 5 minutes walk to the train station with over 15 bus route. 5 minutes walk to the Library, banks, YMCA, walmart, best buy, sport check, tim hortons and a whole lot of stores. Has all utilities included( Hydro, electricity and heat) internet not included. 697.5 dollars per month. Single Female please. Kindly respond if interested.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Fabguen: 5:52am On Feb 14, 2021
Any inside knowledge of apartments for rent for a single guy around GTA Ontario or neighbouring areas. Or anyone looking to share.

Blessings. Male/Female all welcome.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Richdee1(m): 10:23am On Feb 14, 2021
Aisha2u:
Hello all, pls I need a help, I have bn trying d Home Child Care pathway for a while now, my result is already evaluated by WES, hv my First AID nd CPR results from Nig Red cross, i had my 3 months course on HCCS,
am written my Ielts next month. All I need is a job offer, which seems lyk d hardest thing now, bt wht makes my own easy is dt my husband wil be paying my salary from here for d period of d 2 yrs bfor I will have my PR, because he wil not be following us, just me and my 1 kid, nd he wil luk for a place for us to stay. Pls anybody dt is a PR or a Citizen if u hv even if its only one child u r eligible for a Home Child care. Nd we r also willing to pay for d job offer. Pls anybody who is interested in helping or know anybody who can help should contact me via this no 08033910530. Thank u.

Does Red cross trains for CPR and first Aid? and how useful is their certificate??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by LiquidMer: 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Kutynez:
Canadian dollar (CAD) available for sale to any Canadian bank at an affordable rate. Chat me up on Whatsapp if interested.

his a scammer be careful

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Embro99(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hello
Please I have some very Simple questions about this Canada of a country.

Question 1. Is it a must for anyone going to Canada to write Test of English Exams??

Question 2. How can someone register for this test of English language in Nigeria without much stress because I know everything in Nigeria Na Wahala. Also how much does it cost. Also how long before the result come out?

Question 3. Can someone with Visiting Visa work in Canada ?? Like temporary work or something like that.

Waiting for your response Sir/Ma.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2021
fatai4change:
STUDY, WORK AND LIVE IN CANADA!

No English Test Required

Call: 08131852588
but you and your siblings have not used it yet. Yeye dey smell

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
Embro99:
Hello
Please I have some very Simple questions about this Canada of a country.

Question 1. Is it a must for anyone going to Canada to write Test of English Exams?? Study visa no, permanent residency yes

Question 2. How can someone register for this test of English language in Nigeria without much stress because I know everything in Nigeria Na Wahala. Also how much does it cost. Also how long before the result come out? Visit mod idp or British council website

Question 3. Can someone with Visiting Visa work in Canada ?? Like temporary work or something like that. No, they dont give visit visa to just anyone.

Waiting for your response Sir/Ma.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Brokenvessels: 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2021
Rochella:
A one bedroom, one bathroom is available in a Two bedroom, two bath apartment in Somervale Court, Southwest, Calgary. Will be available march 1st as the individual is relocating.The apartment has washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, oven, medium sized refrigerator etc. It has a balcony where you can have barbecue with few friends( lovely view). It is 5 minutes walk to the train station with over 15 bus route. 5 minutes walk to the Library, banks, YMCA, walmart, best buy, sport check, tim hortons and a whole lot of stores. Has all utilities included( Hydro, electricity and heat) internet not included. 697.5 dollars per month. Single Female please. Kindly respond if interested.

Thank you.
Hi, sent you a PM
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Rochella: 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hi, I have responded to your PM.
Brokenvessels:
Hi, sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Embro99(m): 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
[quote author=ednut1 post=99064455][/quote]

Thank you so much for your response @ednut.
I really appreciate.

You mean I can't get a visiting visa to Canada? Even when I have family members over their willing to send me Invitation??

Study visa is very expensive I think. Cuz you must pay school fee in advance, which is usually huge.

I really need a clearer method of entering Canada without Test of English Exams stress.

My Target is really going and coming not necessary staying Permanently.

I need some advise.

Thank you for your time.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
Embro99:

Thank you so much for your response @ednut.
I really appreciate.

You mean I can't get a visiting visa to Canada? Even when I have family members over their willing to send me Invitation??

Study visa is very expensive I think. Cuz you must pay school fee in advance, which is usually huge.

I really need a clearer method of entering Canada without Test of English Exams stress.

My Target is really going and coming not necessary staying Permanently.

I need some advise.

Thank you for your time.

try your luck and apply for the visiting. Doesn't cost more than 60k. If you have no strong footing/ ties in Nigeria they will deny you noni. When you are serious about immigrating to canada you will go write the ielts like most people have or hustle school fees for study route.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ankaravillageng: 1:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
ednut1:
try your luck and apply for the visiting. Doesn't cost more than 60k. If you have no strong footing/ ties in Nigeria they will deny you noni. When you are serious about immigrating to canada you will go write the ielts like most people have or hustle school fees for study route.

Lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Embro99(m): 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
ednut1:

Lolsss @Ednut1. You finally vexed ....Lolss. Baba don't vex.. Lolss.

This one you don vex now.. To ask further question dey hard me ....lolss.
Make you no come deny me by yourself.

No vex oooo.
Na just advise and more knowledge I seek ooo

Thanks for your time though.

Really appreciate !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Beloveddd(f): 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good evening, please I'm new here. I want to apply for Canadian work visa/permanent residence, please which IELTS am I to write. Will the general IELTS give me the privilege to work in formal organizations or should I write the IELTS Ukvi exam?. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.