Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183223 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Boss13: 7:42pm On May 28, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Hello all, pls is it advisable for a newcomer to request for 2 credit cards from 2 different banks but at the same time? Any negative consequences?

Nothing wrong with having 2 credit cards. Faster way to build your credit. However, it requires financial prudence. Don't exceed 60% of the total credit sum. Always pay the outstanding balance and you are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 2:28am On May 29, 2021
Many youtube videos available to help you.

If you are relocating soon, please avoid the mistake I made in booking a hotel. Book the one that will refund you at least a night. There is a facebook group you can join for up to date info

BlestHanneSSG:

Please, landed and versatile seniors, help our ministry biko with respect to this inquiry. Personally, I've been searching everywhere in this thread with no success. As I was about giving up, I came across @Zodiacwarriors' post and that rekindled my quest. It makes it two people now who are in need of this info.

Kindly tag our posts with the exact page to go to. How I wish such info can be found on page 1 as we have in the FSW thread.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slydog(m): 5:45am On May 29, 2021
murashunsuke:
Canada is a great country to live in, have recently moved here with my parents. If you are currently moving or planning to move to Canada, I can recommend you this company https://highstreammoving.com/. It provides amazing services for decent prices, it saves a lot of time and nerves.
Congratulations, u wish I can do this for my entire linage. We no belong for Nigeria
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slydog(m): 5:49am On May 29, 2021
SKEPTA:

so sorry, Didn’t think it this way.
rate was 385.
I already sold it
I sincere apologize.
I started this journey when the rate was N285-N300 to CAD1
Now N385
Shows the level of deterioration of our currency and we think all is well with us.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by theodara001(f): 6:15am On May 29, 2021
I got laid off from my job today in Winnipeg for not performing COVID screening check before entering work. It’s been a hard one gathering myself together as I’ve put all my hope in it.

Please can someone help me with referral for a job in an organization. I am available for available job roles. From casual jobs to co-operate to healthcare.

I’ve got my checks and first aid/CPR. I am available to work remotely too.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 7:22am On May 29, 2021
theodara001:
I got laid off from my job today in Winnipeg for not performing COVID screening check before entering work. It’s been a hard one gathering myself together as I’ve put all my hope in it.

Please can someone help me with referral for a job in an organization. I am available for available job roles. From casual jobs to co-operate to healthcare.

I am so sorry about your ordeal today. This must be very painful considering that you have to pay bills.

You can check Walmart career sites and UPS, and the health sector in your region just to have something that brings money in pending when you get your desired career job. I am sure you will find something; just keep hope alive.

I will try to track your moniker, if i see any available roles, will send you a PM.

Cheers!

15 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by amstardi: 7:30am On May 29, 2021
NwanyiOkpa:
Good evening. I have been trying to get information bout this bothering question but I have not been able to get a straight answer.

If I get my permanent residency through the Atlantic immigration pilot program or PNP, and I am fed up with living in that particular province, can I relocate to another province? If no, what are the repercussions if I decide to leave the province for another province by myself?
which province are you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 9:39am On May 29, 2021
theodara001:

Hello,
I can't say I know how you feel but then, chin up.
If you are on Telegram, kindly send a PM so I can add you to a group I belong to for purposes of finding a job.

All the best as you figure out your next steps

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 9:49am On May 29, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Hello all, pls is it advisable for a newcomer to request for 2 credit cards from 2 different banks but at the same time? Any negative consequences?

Apart from the ding on your credit score from the inquiry that would be made when you apply for the card, there's really no negative consequences if you are approved and also if you utilize the cards properly as it helps you build your credit history.

If I may advise, Instead of taking a second credit card from the bank, why not consider one from either Walmart or PC financial (Superstore) or even Costco (Capital One) that way, you can either earn points or cash back as the case may be while you shop with the said card. They are usually easy to get and the limits are not high and can be easily managed.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ruonalee: 10:12am On May 29, 2021
nykbrown:
Kindly add me up the New Brunswick WhatsApp group for PNP
Good morning, please kindly add me up on any new Brunswick WhatsApp group please
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dumiel: 11:04am On May 29, 2021
slydog:

Congratulations, u wish I can do this for my entire linage. We no belong for Nigeria
grin
If every Nigerian should reason this your assertion, the country nor go get Citizens again o... save politicians, their beneficiaries and their families.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 11:29am On May 29, 2021
Hello Guys,

I am trying to book a flight from Lagos to Toronto airport.

From the research I have done so far, the price tickets seems to be cheaper on Wakanow website than the airline website.

My question now is, how reliable is Wakanow for booking flight ticket ?

Has anybody had any issue booking a flight with Wakanow ?

Is it better to just book from the airline website directly ?

From the airline websites, I got the prices below:

KLM Royal Dutch: Lagos to Toronto $797 wait 5hrs in Amsterdam
British Airways $675 wait for 11 hrs in London
Ethopian Airlines N317K wait 2hrs 45 mins in Addis Ababa and Dublin
Fly Emirates N494K wait 4hrs 10 mins in Dubai
Qatar Airways $824 Wait 3hrs 10mins in Doha Qatar
Lufthansa $847 Wait for 7hrs 35mins in Frankfurt Germany
Air Canada $1107CAD wait for 3hrs55mins in Frankfurt

From Wakanow, it is cheaper than the prices above except for Ethopian airline which is close.

So which is better and safer, booking through Wakanow or directly from the airline website.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 1:49pm On May 29, 2021
https://www./1145379402582610/?ref=share

I think Sheraton Gateway does one night refund. This is for Toronto. You can search within the group for refunds to see posts/comments.

Alchemist01:
@Ikigayana do you have a link to the Facebook group ?

What is the name of the hotel that refunds at least a night ?

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MystiqueTaurus(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2021
Hello everyone

One spacious furnished room in a 2 bedroom basement is available for a lease takeover from 15 June to 30 April 2022.

The unit is fresh and clean in the heart of downtown Mississauga. Walking distance to all you ever need.

Price is $795 inclusive of all utilities.

Please reach out if you’re interested.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 7:52pm On May 29, 2021
Hi,
Please if you have referral for any job a student can do e g Walmart, Popeyes, Tim Hurton etc, kindly help me with it. I need a part-time job. I'm in Windsor btw.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 10:51pm On May 29, 2021
Hello Guys,

From the research I have done so far, the price tickets seems to be cheaper on Wakanow website than the airline website.

From Wakanow, it is cheaper than the prices above except for Ethopian airline which is close.

So which is better and safer, booking through Wakanow or directly from the airline website.,,,
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by theodara001(f): 12:15am On May 30, 2021
olasubomy:

I am so sorry about your ordeal today. This must be very painful considering that you have to pay bills.

You can check Walmart career sites and UPS, and the health sector in your region just to have something that brings money in pending when you get your desired career job. I am sure you will find something; just keep hope alive.

I will try to track your moniker, if i see any available roles, will send you a PM.

Cheers!

Thank you so much. I’ve reviewed my resume and picked up myself back

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by theodara001(f): 12:17am On May 30, 2021
Godisincontrol:

Hello,
I can't say I know how you feel but then, chin up.
If you are on Telegram, kindly send a PM so I can add you to a group I belong to for purposes of finding a job.

All the best as you figure out your next steps

Thank you so much. This means a lot
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Admitwithschola: 12:22am On May 30, 2021
slydog:

I started this journey when the rate was N285-N300 to CAD1
Now N385
Shows the level of deterioration of our currency and we think all is well with us.

Hi - from where did you earn your PhD in economics? Do you do macro (DSGE style, i.e. solving FOC and programming models) and econometrics (replicating results in papers and producing new results)? Example - http://down.aefweb.net/AefArticles/aef210104MeiJiGong.pdf

If these are your areas and you're interested in a postdoc to work on certain projects, email: bt.devresearch@gmail.com, attaching your CV and sample paper.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Leemekzy: 6:50am On May 30, 2021
[quote author=Alchemist01 post=102182007]Hello Guys,

use wakanow you wont have issues.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sarpyro1: 11:30am On May 30, 2021
Goodday people,

I came across one travel agency recently and they promised to give me 2-5yrs Canada tourist visa, which allows me to work. Documentation fee 700k and visa processing 72k.

Please i would like to know how feasible this is.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by opomulero(m): 12:11pm On May 30, 2021
Sarpyro1:
Goodday people,

I came across one travel agency recently and they promised to give me 2-5yrs Canada tourist visa, which allows me to work. Documentation fee 700k and visa processing 72k.

Thank you.

bro...hmmmmm.......RUN
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dumiel: 12:22pm On May 30, 2021
Sarpyro1:
Goodday people,

Thank you.
Same question in all the threads. grin
Quite typical!
Well, I think you should give it a try and let the house have a feedback on how it turns out if you're really desperate to go to Canada. The other alternative is to go back to each of the threads you pasted this "enquiry" and read through their page 1s and follow the DIY steps highlighted there.

Good luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 1:45pm On May 30, 2021
Sarpyro1:
Goodday people,

Thank you.

Yes it is feasible. Lol.

Ask the travel agency contact , what he or she is still doing in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 7:16pm On May 30, 2021
Anyone coming to Calgary from Nigeria between June 1 and 5? I need help with luggage under 5KG (traditional clothes). Don't mind paying a fee. Please quote this message and I can DM.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 7:26pm On May 30, 2021
theodara001:

I'm so sorry to hear this. Don't think about it too much, it is just a passing phase. Wishing you all the best in the future.

If you're up for work in customer service, try to apply to Concentrix for a work from home role, they're always recruiting.

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 9:20pm On May 30, 2021
Ask the agent why he/she is not in Canada.
Sarpyro1:
Goodday people,

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 30, 2021
megastu:
Ask the agent why he/she is not in Canada.
Not valid. All Canadians are not living in Canada. But the poster get problem Shaa.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 30, 2021
Run how? Na agents fit cook up documents for am nao.
opomulero:

bro...hmmmmm.......RUN
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kayyyy(f): 1:12am On May 31, 2021
Please oh!!! I am looking for a female roommate in Calgary.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:52am On May 31, 2021
Kayyyy:
Please oh!!! I am looking for a female roommate in Calgary.
female at birth or...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.