Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2184515 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
megastu:
I do not think your mother qualifies as a member of immediate family relation as per their definition (spouse and dependent children), also pregnancy does not fall into the category of non-discretionary cases as per their definition.

Mother qualifies as immediate family

Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

spouse or common-law partner
dependent child (yours, your spouse’s or your common-law partner’s)
dependent child of a dependent child
parent or step-parent (yours, your spouse’s or your common-law partner’s)
guardian or tutor

Where did you get the information that pregnancy pregnancy does not fall into the category of non-discretionary cases?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Cuthbertola: 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
Cuthbertola:
Hello house,

I need to verify an information i got online from someone i just met. According to him he’s a citizen of canada that reside in calgary. I went to his inbox and asked him what i should study between nursing and software eng, he told me to go for nursing but i was afraid if i could cope with the high fee with just a 20hours/week job. So i told him about that(fee) and he said i should forget about the supposed fee(12000$ For int student) i saw on me
Memorial university school site(which he sent to me), that i will just be paying 2000$ per semester approx 4000$ per session. I was worried about the information so i felt i should ask here for verification.

Please house help me, before i start at all i need to verify this information to be sure i will not be in any problem.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
[quote author=Cuthbertola post=103603812][/quote]https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part ask in the correct thread, why not check the website of the school too.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ope2000(m): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
Good day. Please recommendations for a reliable and cost effective travel insurance to Canada. Planning to sign up for my parents for 8 weeks visit. Thank you. Saw some online quotes it was over 400 per month.
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
ope2000:
Good day. Please recommendations for a reliable and cost effective travel insurance to Canada. Planning to sign up for my parents for 8 weeks visit. Thank you. Saw some online quotes it was over 400 per month.
Thank you

If it's not supervisa they should get travel insurance from AXA Mansard or similar in Nigeria before coming.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2021
good evening house, Please for those that have gotten an upgrade in their IELTS score(MOD), Is the test result date the same or changed to the new date that the remark mail was sent? Trying to update Profile but a little bit confused since remark was done
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
Iamblessed007:
Hello house,

Please i need your help, I applied for a visiting visa for my mum and sent that email for the application priority, and also attached the proof of relationship which are my international passport, my mum birth certificate, her change of name docs, invitation letter and the doctor's letter for my pregnant wife.

I received this email from IRCC "Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.
Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted"

Please could it be because i didn't attach my PR card and my birth certificate. If yes, can any one suggest the docs they used for their proof of relationship. Thanks

What proof did you attach to show you are related? PR card and Birth certificate are obvious required proof.

Re-send the mail again and attach the proofs- Emphasize on the facts that she is coming to provide support for you guys as there are no other family members around.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2021
megastu:
I do not think your mother qualifies as a member of immediate family relation as per their definition (spouse and dependent children), also pregnancy does not fall into the category of non-discretionary cases as per their definition.

They qualify.

We got same exemption for my mom and a few others here also did.

The op should re-apply and include those required documents.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 12:47am On Jul 12, 2021
Please attach your PR card and birth certificate; hoping your mum's name as on her passport is listed there. If her name is different, get a notary public authorised document that she is one and same.
Iamblessed007:
Hello house,

Please i need your help, I applied for a visiting visa for my mum and sent that email for the application priority, and also attached the proof of relationship which are my international passport, my mum birth certificate, her change of name docs, invitation letter and the doctor's letter for my pregnant wife.

I received this email from IRCC "Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.
Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted"

Please could it be because i didn't attach my PR card and my birth certificate. If yes, can any one suggest the docs they used for their proof of relationship. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 12:48am On Jul 12, 2021
Second this
19CannyMum:

If it's not supervisa they should get travel insurance from AXA Mansard or similar in Nigeria before coming.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 12:55am On Jul 12, 2021
As far as you are fully vaccinated with evidence and travel 14days after your last vax, you are good to go.

I made a reservation at Towneplace suites for someone and found out later that there was no need to hotel quarantine since she had a positive covid result 14-90 days prior to her travel date and is now negative (with test result). I called the hotel and asked nicely that it should be cancelled as the person would not be coming again. And it was cancelled with no story.

Alchemist01:
Hello guys,

Does anyone know which of the Canadian government approved hotels allows people to make a reservation without putting my card details, and can pay in cash when I arrive ?

The reason why I am asking this question is because I am fully vaccinated. I got the second dose on June 18th. So I just want to have the hotel booking in case of incasity, as I may not need to stay in the hotel at all.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kyrie2018: 1:03am On Jul 12, 2021
Why not contact the school directly to confirm the fees? Also, being eligible to work 20hrs a week doesn't mean you will always have the time to work 20hrs a week. It all depends on the intensity of the program and how you're able to cope. So, take that into consideration when making your budget.

[quote author=Cuthbertola post=103603812][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kelvine95: 1:18am On Jul 12, 2021
NwanyiOkpa:
People of God.

Please, what is the best and same time affordable flight company to use? I intend landing in Montreal from Nigeria.

I used wakanow in booking my flight from Nigeria to Montreal(then to Halifax).
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ope2000(m): 2:22am On Jul 12, 2021
Thank you so much

If it's not supervisa they should get travel insurance from AXA Mansard or similar in Nigeria before coming.[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 9:25am On Jul 12, 2021
Hello guys,

I will be travelling to Canada on a Monday and arriving in Canada on a Tuesday. I am in a dilemma about when I should do my covid test. If I do it on Friday afternoon, by monday afternoon, 72 hrs would have elapsed. Is there any covid testing center that operates on Satuday or Sunday?

If yes, how much do they do the covid test ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
Download say, Dingtone and create an account. You will see where you can get a CA number based on province as each province have their area code. Several numbers are available, just choose the one that appeals to you.

You will be given a choice to pay for the number for a month or year. I can't remember if you need a Credit card now. You can buy top up credit in NGN.

Alchemist01:
Thanks @Ikigayana

But how do I get a Canadian phone number from here in Nigeria ?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikigayana: 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2021
Most centres will operate on weekends (at least for Lagos). Try giving them a call. Please make sure your passport details on your result is correct to avoid stories that touch.

I travelled on Friday (arrived CA on Saturday morning) and did my test on Wednesday afternoon. Got the results on Thursday morning showing sample date and time for Wednesday.

Alchemist01:
Hello guys,

I will be travelling to Canada on a Monday and arriving in Canada on a Tuesday. I am in a dilemma about when I should do my covid test. If I do it on Friday afternoon, by monday afternoon, 72 hrs would have elapsed. Is there any covid testing center that operates on Satuday or Sunday?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
@ikigayana

When you made the reservation at townplace suites, did you put your card details online ?

When you cancelled, were you charged anything on your card ?

Did you book on their website or you called them ?

Ikigayana:
As far as you are fully vaccinated with evidence and travel 14days after your last vax, you are good to go.

I made a reservation at Towneplace suites for someone and found out later that there was no need to hotel quarantine since she had a positive covid result 14-90 days prior to her travel date and is now negative (with test result). I called the hotel and asked nicely that it should be cancelled as the person would not be coming again. And it was cancelled with no story.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 3:21am On Jul 13, 2021
If you are in Lagos, do your covid test on Sunday morning by 9am... U can get it done at medbury Ikeja GRA, u will get your result before 7pm same day.

Alchemist01:
Hello guys,

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 5:28am On Jul 13, 2021
Oh, i see. I might have got it wrong. I thought I saw a list on their website. OP should re-apply and show more proof of relationship and why the visit is deemed non-discretionary.

Good luck.
maziude:

They qualify.

We got same exemption for my mom and a few others here also did.

The op should re-apply and include those required documents.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Zeetareal: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2021
Please who knows a good french tutor so i can ace TEF at first attempt. I know little or nothing in french. Also what is the cost implication please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mastravel: 10:24am On Jul 13, 2021
Zeetareal:
Please who knows a good french tutor so i can ace TEF at first attempt. I know little or nothing in french. Also what is the cost implication please.
we provide easy to self-study TEF material and give advice on how to study them. Text, audio lectures, past activities and answers, french mobile application for practice..o81o633769o
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ibukun2000: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2021
Good day
Anyone that needs a sharing accommodation partner at Ontario should msg me...a female precisely
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
Who wants to buy CAD I need Naira ??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
Malone122:
Who wants to buy CAD I need Naira ??

What's your rate?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
irijuola:

What's your rate?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
megastu:
Oh, i see. I might have got it wrong. I thought I saw a list on their website. OP should re-apply and show more proof of relationship and why the visit is deemed non-discretionary.

Good luck.
Exactly.

I just wondered why the OP didn’t include their PR card and other necessary documents…
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BlestHanneSSG: 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
mastravel:
we provide easy to self-study TEF material and give advice on how to study them. Text, audio lectures, past activities and answers, french mobile application for practice..o81o633769o

Lol.. How have you been able to help the OP?
Someone says he/she knows next to nothing in French and was asking for a Tutor who could help pass at a sitting. All you could do is selfishly advertise your product. Hehehe.. You think French is beans ba? How will he/she even "self-study" when she can't read the materials?? grin OP was in the wrong thread in the first place and he/she could have been directed to the appropriate one where all the info and help needed to succeed abound.

@zeetareal Kindly check the link below. It leads to page 1 of the TEF thread. You'll see different recommended tutors to patronise.

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BlestHanneSSG: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
Still searching for a functional one..
Cc: @19CannyMum @ednut1, @GraciousWords @maziude
BlestHanneSSG:
Good day everyone. To dear and ever reliable seniors, thanks for your help as always. Please, in case anyone has access to any Manitoba WhatsApp/Telegram group; either post-AOR or post-PPR or just any other that intending settlers might find useful, I would be glad to be linked up with such. Kindly indicate and I'll get in touch.

Thanks once again, in anticipation.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mastravel: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
BlestHanneSSG:

Lol.. How have you been able to help the OP?
Someone says he/she knows next to nothing in French and was asking for a Tutor who could help pass at a sitting. All you could do is selfishly advertise your product. Hehehe.. You think French is beans ba? How will he/she even "self-study" when she can't read the materials?? grin OP was in the wrong thread in the first place and he/she could have been directed to the appropriate one where all the info and help needed to succeed abound.

@zeetareal Kindly check the link below. It leads to page 1 of the TEF thread. You'll see different recommended tutors to patronise.

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

The material we provide come with English translation and anyone can self study to learn French language. You did French in school, right? We provide exact textbooks that teach basic French language. Audio lectures from TEF professionals and past activities. Tell me how this isn't a help

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.