Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,380 members, 7,826,489 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2198895 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
deepwater:

alaye just better come back to NIGERIA!
CANADA is not good for u, and this is obvious already from the bitterness that comes through your write up!
better come back, before u take frustration kill yourself over there.

living in canada, sleeping on Nairaland venting frustration on every post!
shame no dey catch u?

was canada made for u only ?
na ur papa get am ?

this same ego problem of urs caused problems with your brothers wife.....

u seriuosly need to be whipped back into line. enough of this madness!

lets all ignore the guy. Frustration is written all over him lol

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by finishedworks: 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please is there a list I can give someone that gives all the documentation they need to do as newly landed immigrants.
SIN
Bank account
Phone number
CCB
Please what else. Can't remember again. And where to do it.
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
kennyjoy:
Respect to everyone here, I will be coming to Canada by ending of this month, and here is the list of food items I intend to travel with, Pls I would like to know if there is any Addition or subtraction so as to avoid story that touch at the POE regard to my luggage.

Here is the list,

Beans powder,
Beans,
Rice,
Semo,
Wheat,
Garri,
Ground Pepper,
Egus i(grounded one)
Palm Oil,
Groundnut Oil,
Maggi,
Dry Catfish,
Salt,
Turning stick,
Shea butter (Ori).
Tomato paste.

Thanks in anticipation.

Whatever you carry, declare them because if them flag you for secondary and you get undeclared item…gbege…
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 11:02pm On Mar 09, 2022
ednut1:
lets all ignore the guy. Frustration is written all over him lol
Akin, I'm not a guy. But I no get your time.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by moneymagnetca: 11:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
Thossiey:
My Elders in canada, I greet ooo. I have a question. I increased my ita score claiming unaccompanied spouse. My score was low at the time. Now I've gotten ppr. If I land in Canada let say June 2022, how soon can I file application for spousal sponsorship. Or is it mandatory for me to wait for a full year by filing tax return before I can proceed. Please everyone with experience should help me.

What reason did you give in your application for your spouse not coming along? Why you have now changed your mind should be consistent with that reason and may determine how early you can apply. The reason needs to make sense.

Proof of Income is not required to sponsor spouse, but helpful if you already have a job.

If you land in June, you don't need to wait a full year.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by richie3384: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
Reedahbaby01:
hello everyone I'm a little bit young and it took alot of courage for me to post here
I'm 15 years old, my family is in this process is thought of helping my mum out with some infos here she's a busy person and she's already on numerous whatsapp and telegram groups already, we got ITA via MPNP our AOR is January 2022
I heard PNP application processing time is already back in the 6 months range, I just want to confirm that for my mum
Also, I'm in ss3 I want to know if it's better for me to go back to high school when we get to winnipeg or I should go to college straight away. but I want to go back to high school because I literally don't understand the context of Nigerian physics and chemistry
ps: I've been on this thread since 2019 I logged in 2022
your responses are highly appreciated
cheers!!

Since AOR is January 2022 and according to you PNP application processing time is in the 6 months range, which means u must have sat for your waec exam within may/June which is also within the 6 months range. Just focus on your exam and smash it like u don't want to resit. Remove going back to high school in Canada from ur mind because that will make u lose focus here. Just make your papers here so that when u get to Canada you will have two options of either going back to high sch or moving forward to university. just utilize your time well here as if you are not going to any Canada as this will broaden your options as against failing your exam here and having only one option of going back to high sch.

Boy u don looseguard, canny is in view now n u are now differentiating between Nigerian vs Canada physics n chemistry! U didn't study Canada physics in ss1 n ss2 and u passed them to get to ss3. Besides the laws of physics is universal perhaps it's the delivery you're having challenges. Face it & Overcome!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 2:52am On Mar 10, 2022
Thossiey:
My Elders in canada, I greet ooo. I have a question. I increased my ita score claiming unaccompanied spouse. My score was low at the time. Now I've gotten ppr. If I land in Canada let say June 2022, how soon can I file application for spousal sponsorship. Or is it mandatory for me to wait for a full year by filing tax return before I can proceed. Please everyone with experience should help me.
You can file spouse sponsorship application as soon as you receive your PR card but to avoid delay and eligible to sponsor you need Notification of Assessment from tax return and a source of income to guarantee that you can take care of your spouse if application granted. You might need to check spouse sponsorship application checklist on IRCC for better understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 4:05am On Mar 10, 2022
kennyjoy:
Respect to everyone here, I will be coming to Canada by ending of this month, and here is the list of food items I intend to travel with, Pls I would like to know if there is any Addition or subtraction so as to avoid story that touch at the POE regard to my luggage.

Here is the list,

Beans powder,
Beans,
Rice,
Semo,
Wheat,
Garri,
Ground Pepper,
Egus i(grounded one)
Palm Oil,
Groundnut Oil,
Maggi,
Dry Catfish,
Salt,
Turning stick,
Shea butter (Ori).
Tomato paste.

Thanks in anticipation.

The things I cancelled are available and affordable in regular supermarkets here.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Cutiepie123: 5:25am On Mar 10, 2022
Any female student looking for a shared accommodation in Saskatoon?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teau: 7:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Good Evening everyone

Please where can one change USD to CA at a good rate, all this rate CIBC,Scotiabank, BMO, HSBC etc too low.
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jerryval42: 9:23am On Mar 10, 2022
Good Morning everyone,

Please I still have a portion of my POF in Naira.

Please what's the best way to change it to CAD.

Cz I need to pay rent here and USD/CAD wey dey my hand will not be enough.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:56am On Mar 10, 2022
jerryval42:
Good Morning everyone,

Please I still have a portion of my POF in Naira.

Please what's the best way to change it to CAD.

Cz I need to pay rent here and USD/CAD wey dey my hand will not be enough.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate.
lemonade app, peer to peer

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kennyjoy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Thank you so much @maziude @19Cannymom.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kennyjoy(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to pay my second yrs tuition fee with FORM A while am in Canada?

Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hopesprings: 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hi All, Ill be moving in a few months with my family (Husband and 2 kids) and will be working in the North York area in Toronto and was hoping for suggestions in a good, reasonably priced family friendly neighborhood in the area keeping in mind commutes (don’t mind a 30 min/45min commute), school districts etc. Thanks for any help provided!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CharitMan: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hello, Good afternoon great people.

Please I would be glad if anyone here can help me with possible prizes of 1 bedroom apartment in Nova scotia(halifax). And how soon one can get job around this places.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ladygracy: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
19CannyMum:

The things I cancelled are available and affordable in regular supermarkets here.
what is semo called over there grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hopesprings:
Hi All, Ill be moving in a few months with my family (Husband and 2 kids) and will be working in the North York area in Toronto and was hoping for suggestions in a good, reasonably priced family friendly neighborhood in the area keeping in mind commutes (don’t mind a 30 min/45min commute), school districts etc. Thanks for any help provided!

Na the ‘reasonably priced’ be the wahala.

Reasonable price and GTA no Dey agree at all.

You may want to start with Google and read reviews on areas/locations.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hopesprings:
nothing is reasonable priced in the GTA, there are many applicants and landlords will generally chose old timers in the country over new one. So you have to apply to many places to even get one.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
CharitMan:
Hello, Good afternoon great people.

Please I would be glad if anyone here can help me with possible prizes of 1 bedroom apartment in Nova scotia(halifax). And how soon one can get job around this places.
Thank you in advance.
www.kijiji.ca

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hopesprings: 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
ednut1:
nothing is reasonable priced in the GTA, there are many applicants and landlords will generally chose old timers in the country over new one. So you have to apply to many places to even get one.

Thank you both, I guess we figure it out when we get there!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ladygracy:
what is semo called over there grin

Semolina. There's coarse, medium and fine durum.
I'll advise you go for coarse. It's at superstore and no frills. I haven't seen in Walmart.

Caveat: info is for Calgary

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onyexx: 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hopesprings:

Omo, start applying now…use kijiji and marketplace…house hunting is no joke…we landed exactly 2 weeks ago, finally got our rental application approved yesterday. From my experience I would say start applying like a month before your intended moving date because most apartments will tell you it will be ready in a month or two and not immediately. How we got ours within 2 weeks was just God’s Favour

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onyexx: 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
maziude:

Na the ‘reasonably priced’ be the wahala.

Reasonable price and GTA no Dey agree at all.

You may want to start with Google and read reviews on areas/locations.

In fact ehn! Bills upon bills since we got here…tenant insurance, phone bill, home internet, rent, hydro etc….I can’t wait to start seeing credit alert biko….it can just be overwhelming sha

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onyexx: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
Teau:
Good Evening everyone

Please where can one change USD to CA at a good rate, all this rate CIBC,Scotiabank, BMO, HSBC etc too low.
Thanks

Google bureau de change near me….you will get good rates from anyone of them. We changed with interchange financial currency exchange for 1.25
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 12:35am On Mar 11, 2022
Hopesprings:
A two bedroom apartment is available for rent from April 30th in Mississauga on Burnhamthorpe road west.. If you are interested, you can reach out to me.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 2:25am On Mar 11, 2022
Available for rent from April 30th 2022. Location Mississauga

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by specialguest(f): 4:41am On Mar 11, 2022
Hello, I would like to know how I can send Some money to a relative in Canada from Nigeria. Just about the equivalent of 800 Cad. I have Naira
I would appreciate a genuine recommendation please, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Reedahbaby01(f): 7:24am On Mar 11, 2022
richie3384:

Since AOR is January 2022 and according to you PNP application processing time is in the 6 months range, which means u must have sat for your waec exam within may/June which is also within the 6 months range. Just focus on your exam and smash it like u don't want to resit. Remove going back to high school in Canada from ur mind because that will make u lose focus here. Just make your papers here so that when u get to Canada you will have two options of either going back to high sch or moving forward to university. just utilize your time well here as if you are not going to any Canada as this will broaden your options as against failing your exam here and having only one option of going back to high sch.

Boy u don looseguard, canny is in view now n u are now differentiating between Nigerian vs Canada physics n chemistry! U didn't study Canada physics in ss1 n ss2 and u passed them to get to ss3. Besides the laws of physics is universal perhaps it's the delivery you're having challenges. Face it & Overcome!
Thank you (smiles) I believe in acing my waec papers then later when realisation comes it won't hit me hard, thank you sir/ma

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by specialguest(f): 10:58am On Mar 11, 2022
specialguest:
Hello, I would like to know how I can send Some money to a relative in Canada from Nigeria. Just about the equivalent of 800 Cad. I have Naira
I would appreciate a genuine recommendation please, thank you.

Can anyone kindly assist with the following enquiry?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
specialguest:

Can anyone kindly assist with the following enquiry?
peer to peer, apps like lemonade, dom account transfer, bureau de change

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
kennyjoy:

No vex grin
Since I don know that moniker for this thread, she no get joy. So whenever you see any of her comments, take the one that works for you and filter the rest. I wish you all the best.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (714) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: tensazangetsu20(m), Alday, Josh121(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.