Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,773 members, 7,837,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2209446 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by damidam(f): 5:09pm On May 11
Hello Canadian residents smiley

I have a question regarding heath care certifications.

I currently reside in England, and before I got any of the health care jobs when I initially arrived, I took some online health care courses.

My question

In Canada, are there also health care certifications courses available online that are easily accessible, whose costs are affordable? If yes, can anyone kindly recommend websites that provides online HCA certifications in Canada?

I tried googling but I was directed to uni websites and some websites whose fees were $5k or $6k.

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 11:42pm On May 11
As you are thinking this so hundreds are thinking too. They already know the format. They will delay you and either deport you back or you spend all your income on lawyers.
Kingzizu:
Please my people, I have never been this confused and bothered in my life.

I have a Canadian VV, I couldn't use it for the purpose I needed it as the visa came out some months later. I have relatives in Canada who are convincing me to come over and seek Asylum. It's new to me but I'm still trying to make some research about asylum seeking.

I graduated 2015 with a CGPA of 4.3 and since then I've not been able to get a good job.

Please, is it worth it considering the fact that Nigeria is getting worse by the day?

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by eRex(m): 2:46am On May 12
Kingzizu:

I have a Canadian VV, I couldn't use it for the purpose I needed it as the visa came out some months later. I have relatives in Canada who are convincing me to come over and seek Asylum. It's new to me but I'm still trying to make some research about asylum seeking.

I graduated 2015 with a CGPA of 4.3 and since then I've not been able to get a good job.

Please, is it worth it considering the fact that Nigeria is getting worse by the day?

share your contact
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maria96: 3:34am On May 12
Kingzizu:

which story do you want to give them that they haven’t heard before? (LGBT, Boko haram, bandit, female genital mutilation, domestic violence) . Your chances of getting it are slim. I know someone who came in 2019 her asylum was denied and her life has been in limbo since then. Do the right thing like people have advised.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gideon19: 4:51am On May 13
gideon19:

oh, really?

I would appreciate any recommendation from you, please.

and yes, it has been valid for more than 2 years.

hi all, can anyone help with DriveTest centres that still accept the FRSC extract, pls.

i already have my G1 licence [DriveTest - Toronto Downsview] but the centre requested i get my extract from https://nigeriahcottawa.ca/ which will cost me CAD 100
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by emmabongo(m): 2:29pm On May 13
Please I am urgently in need of accommodation/room for me and my daughter in either Halifax or Dartmouth Nova Scotia Canada.

I am currently in Ontario, hoping to come in to Halifax tomorrow, so any lead in getting this sorted out urgently will be greatly appreciated.

Please note, this is really so urgent!!! I will be studying at CBBC and would like room not to far from school.

if any, I can be reached via mail eguonookugbere8@gmail.com

Many thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 8:10pm On May 13
adanac13:
It has ended in praise guys!!! Today I officially became a Canadian Citizen!!! what started as a thought has become a reality. I give God all the praise!!! grin
Congratulations
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dayokunu1: 10:43am On May 14
Am currently bleeped as hell. Just landed here 6days ago with less than $1000 it a long story. Pls I do I get a job I need it badly.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dayokunu1: 10:49am On May 14
Maria96:
which story do you want to give them that they haven’t heard before? (LGBT, Boko haram, bandit, female genital mutilation, domestic violence) . Your chances of getting it are slim. I know someone who came in 2019 her asylum was denied and her life has been in limbo since then. Do the right thing like people have advised.
wasn't she asked too leave? Want too go that route. My eye don see pepper.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frelanhardware: 11:01am On May 14
In a small apartment in Brampton, a Canadian immigrant named Raj struggled to make ends meet. He had left his homeland seeking a better life, but the reality was harsh. Raj worked tirelessly at odd jobs, barely scraping by. One day, he stumbled upon an opportunity to start a lawn care service in bramptonhttps://vicescapes.ca/lawn-care-and-maintenance/. With hope in his heart, Raj invested his meager savings into equipment and flyers. However, luck seemed to evade him as competition was fierce and his lack of experience became evident. Despite his determination, the business floundered, leaving Raj disillusioned and disheartened. As the bills piled up, he realized that the dream of a prosperous life in Canada was slipping away, buried beneath the weight of uncut grass and unmet expectations.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bastien: 11:02am On May 14
Dayokunu1:
Am currently bleeped as hell. Just landed here 6days ago with less than $1000 it a long story. Pls I do I get a job I need it badly.
pls can you help me with process, step by step, I’m ready to leave naija I don tire cry cry
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dayokunu1: 11:02am On May 14
frelanhardware:
In a small apartment in Brampton, a Canadian immigrant named Raj struggled to make ends meet. He had left his homeland seeking a better life, but the reality was harsh. Raj worked tirelessly at odd jobs, barely scraping by. One day, he stumbled upon an opportunity to start a lawn care service. With hope in his heart, Raj invested his meager savings into equipment and flyers. However, luck seemed to evade him as competition was fierce and his lack of experience became evident. Despite his determination, the business floundered, leaving Raj disillusioned and disheartened. As the bills piled up, he realized that the dream of a prosperous life in Canada was slipping away, buried beneath the weight of uncut grass and unmet expectations.
what do u mean
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dayokunu1: 11:03am On May 14
bastien:
pls can you help me with process, step by step, I’m ready to leave naija I don tire cry cry
ok when am less busy.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by studycenter: 12:10pm On May 14
frelanhardware:
In a small apartment in Brampton, a Canadian immigrant named Raj struggled to make ends meet. He had left his homeland seeking a better life, but the reality was harsh. Raj worked tirelessly at odd jobs, barely scraping by. One day, he stumbled upon an opportunity to start a lawn care service. With hope in his heart, Raj invested his meager savings into equipment and flyers. However, luck seemed to evade him as competition was fierce and his lack of experience became evident. Despite his determination, the business floundered, leaving Raj disillusioned and disheartened. As the bills piled up, he realized that the dream of a prosperous life in Canada was slipping away, buried beneath the weight of uncut grass and unmet expectations.
This is not the end if Raj is still alive. Taking off is always hard cool

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maria96: 2:15pm On May 14
Dayokunu1:
they are usually slow in processing deportation orders. Also there are some kind of updates you dont ask from someone in that kind of situation.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dayokunu1: 2:49pm On May 14
Maria96:
they are usually slow in processing deportation orders. Also there are some kind of updates you dont ask from someone in that kind of situation.
Anybody who went that asylum root should be prepared for this day. At least she should have use that 5 years she was in the country chasing the asylum to prepare financially. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by id4sho(m): 3:38pm On May 14
Dayokunu1:
God be with you, it's advised severally to always go prepared and with enough cash.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Priscilliade: 5:19pm On May 14
Hello guys

I just collected my PR visa from the embassy

I will be coming into Manitoba, Winnipeng precisely in July

What are your advice for me in settling down pls?

God bless you guys for always.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 5:50pm On May 14
Dayokunu1:

Your eye don see pepper in just 6days?

Your joking right?

Explore student option
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ferfer(m): 6:01pm On May 14
Priscilliade:
Hello guys

Here goes -

1) Take a pen and a book, write down your definition of success as an immigrant. Let your spouse do the-same. If that definition is different for both of you, sit down and talk about it. Make sure you both have similarity, at least 75%, in what you both define as success. I would love to give you examples but this will defeat the purpose of this task.

2) If you have house help(s), then it is time to let them go, please do not forget to do so nicely, you will understand when you get to Manitoba. Both you and your spouse should be in charge of the day to day running of your home now - domestic chores, taking care of the kids and work. This is to prepare you for the days ahead.

3) Start applying for jobs.

4) If you will need to be licensed to work in your profession, then start talking to the licensing bodies and connecting with people who have gone through the-same process.

5)Connect with immigrant welcoming organizations. Their services are free, courtesy of the federal government. Also, if you wish, join the Nigerian WhatsApp group for your destination of choice.

6) Remember the son/daughter of whom you are. Remember that there will be a lot of information, both the ones you have asked for and unsolicited. Test every counsel, do not just accept any counsel/persuasion/advice hook, line and sinker because it's coming from Justin Trudeau. Shine your eyes.

May the land favor you and yours, amen. I have assumed that you are married and with kid(s), if not, please oblige my erroneous presumption.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dayokunu1: 6:29pm On May 14
oluayebenz:

Your eye don see pepper in just 6days?

Your joking right?

Explore student option
Bar no dey na
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 6:35pm On May 14
Dayokunu1:
Bar no dey na

Tor

It's well with you o

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dayokunu1: 7:14pm On May 14
oluayebenz:

Tor

It's well with you o
Any tips on job hunting?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 10:05pm On May 14
Dayokunu1:
Any tips on job hunting?

What's your status in Canada?
What's your profession?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Priscilliade: 5:56am On May 15
I just sent you a DM pls
ferfer:

Here goes -

1) Take a pen and a book, write down your definition of success as an immigrant. Let your spouse do the-same. If that definition is different for both of you, sit down and talk about it. Make sure you both have similarity, at least 75%, in what you both define as success. I would love to give you examples but this will defeat the purpose of this task.

2) If you have house help(s), then it is time to let them go, please do not forget to do so nicely, you will understand when you get to Manitoba. Both you and your spouse should be in charge of the day to day running of your home now - domestic chores, taking care of the kids and work. This is to prepare you for the days ahead.

4) If you will need to be licensed to work in your profession, then start talking to the licensing bodies and connecting with people who have gone through the-same process.

5)Connect with immigrant welcoming organizations. Their services are free, courtesy of the federal government. Also, if you wish, join the Nigerian WhatsApp group for your destination of choice.

6) Remember the son/daughter of whom you are. Remember that there will be a lot of information, both the ones you have asked for and unsolicited. Test every counsel, do not just accept any counsel/persuasion/advice hook, line and sinker because it's coming from Justin Trudeau. Shine your eyes.

May the land favor you and yours, amen. I have assumed that you are married and with kid(s), if not, please oblige my erroneous presumption.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jasperonyx: 2:09pm On May 15
oluayebenz:

What's your status in Canada?
What's your profession?
isn't obvious?
VV.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CornOak(m): 2:25pm On May 15
Priscilliade:
Hello guys

Priscilliade, kindly share your PR story with us.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Comfort0626: 10:36pm On May 15
Good evening guys, please I am currently in search of closed work permit group from Nigeria to Canada, I recently applied for my Lmia based work permit and waiting for approval, I just want to join the group to see other people’s timeline as I have search everywhere and I don’t seems to see any
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gretop86: 7:15pm On May 16
Ignore point #2 at your risk if you have house help and not involved in the day to day running of your home.

ferfer:

Here goes -

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gretop86: 7:22pm On May 16
Who linked told this Indian about Nairaland?(your email address gave you away) Indians do not share info freely with other race/country if you know what I mean.
Generalmerchant:
One Bedroom apartments for rent in Gull lake Saskatchewan. $750 monthly. Includes all utilities except electricity. Email gultan homes at Gmail dot com for details.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chelseaboi(m): 10:58pm On May 16
Priscilliade:
Hello guys

Make sure,you are coming with your original nigeria drivers licence.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 11:14pm On May 16
ferfer:

Here goes -

Beautiful piece! I wish everyone would take note of this as action items once they get their passport request, so they can start planning, instead of asking or worrying for the umpteenth time why their passport is taking forever to arrive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.