Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2197062 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Quindarrel: 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hi fellow centennial student
Omoba95:
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a one/two bedroom apartment close to Centennial college progress campus.

Move in date: July/August 2022

Budget : one bedroom - $600
Two bedroom- $1,500

Any leads will be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slimanyd: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
AirBay:

Northern state undecided

Not that far bro. I no wan mention the state here for security purpose. It takes around 8 hours from Ibadan to the state in question by road.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slimanyd: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
ridboy94:

Chai. How much go come be Benin Republic or Côte d’Ivoire passport wey strong pass naija own?
God help us in this country

It's pitiable bro. But u no at a point when u need something desperately. You gat ignore the odds o.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tundemk44: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
olasubomy:

I am wondering what could have gone wrong. Do you have a clue what could be the concern of the VO based on the interview questions you were asked?

You can keep building your ties in Canada like a job and try to apply again during your leave period. That would be strong evidence you are returning back to your job in Canada. I think you should give a little time before you apply again

Hopefully, you have this sorted.

Thank you!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
tundemk44:

Thank you!

You are welcome and you can also ask on USA Visit Visa thread. You could get better insight from them.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by versashee: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
stonecoldcafe:

Did you find a group or something? A friend is traveling there and is looking to connect with fellow Nigerians
i didn't yet
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ridboy94(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
slimanyd:

It's pitiable bro. But u no at a point when u need something desperately. You gat ignore the odds o.

God no go shame us!!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by starrez: 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
maziude:

You simply reapply again.

Being a PR here doesn’t give you added advantage.

Just apply again when you are ready.

You get 10 years, that’s an added advantage
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
starrez:

You get 10 years, that’s an added advantage

Not necessarily.

I know person wey get PR wey validity na 2 years dem give am.

Even me sef, na 2 years dem give me.

So that 10years advantage not necessarily true.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
tundemk44:

2 years and 8 months.

Next 4 month you go qualify to apply canadian citizenship .and by then process time will be one year and with ur canadian passport u do not need a usa visa ..but it strange to me becos many illegal immigrant cross from usa to canada for aslyum but u hardly people crossing illegal from canada to usa for aslyumm and green card holder do mot need a visa to come to canada,but why canada pr holder need a visa to go to usa..l still mot understand the unfair pattern

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Cherrymia: 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
tracy0803409:

Please @ednut1 does this child allowance apply to children of international student, thanks for your response
Yes,but it doesn't start immediately. It starts at the 19th month of your stay in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:04am On Jul 18, 2022
House34:

Next 4 month you go qualify to apply canadian citizenship .and by then process time will be one year and with ur canadian passport u do not need a usa visa ..but it strange to me becos many illegal immigrant cross from usa to canada for aslyum but u hardly people crossing illegal from canada to usa for aslyumm and green card holder do mot need a visa to come to canada,but why canada pr holder need a visa to go to usa..l still mot understand the unfair pattern
its not easy to get visit visa to Canada thats why people go through usa. There an Indian family who came to Canada and were crossing to usa but froze to death. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-investigation-canada-u-s-border-manitoba-1.6321602
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 3:58am On Jul 18, 2022
megastu:
lol. This made me laugh

He reach to laugh oh grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 4:06am On Jul 18, 2022
Quindarrel:
Please, if you've gotten to Canada can you please update us with port of entry experience

Okay, the port of entry experience was very smooth for me, didn't use up to 2 mins and i was issued my permits. I was just asked for my Passport, LOA and Tuition receipt. Also, the officer asked me what course am I studying.? And I told him ITI.

Btw, based on the post you quoted and for anyone that will find it useful, I flew Lagos-Toronto and booked a bus for $38 which took me from Toronto to London, the bus service is OnexBus, they are not so popular but the service was great. Anyone going to London, Kitchener, Waterloo etc from Toronto or the other way, can use it - very cheap.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 4:24am On Jul 18, 2022
House34:

Are you sure about the bolded.? I never knew! Is it visa on arrival or they don't need visa at all.?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 4:33am On Jul 18, 2022
No visa at all.
Afolavid:

Are you sure about the bolded.? I never knew! Is it visa on arrival or they don't need visa at all.?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 5:49am On Jul 18, 2022
Afolavid:

In most cases, they don’t.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/do-i-need-a-visa/

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by PERVERTKAP009: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2022
Quindarrel:
Hi fellow centennial student

Hi Good Morning. Please did you apply for your admission yourself or you made use of an agent?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
maziude:

In most cases, they don’t.

https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/do-i-need-a-visa/

megastu:
No visa at all.

Wow, good to hear that. Thanks for sharing
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Quindarrel: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2022
I used an agent
PERVERTKAP009:

Hi Good Morning. Please did you apply for your admission yourself or you made use of an agent?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by canadaishome: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
Good day

For those living in Saskatchewan, I have a question please
If one has the FRSC driving records, what level(s) can I skip during the driver's licence process?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lahips: 1:12am On Jul 19, 2022
For whoever is looking for an opportunity with an Insurance Company.

Never mind the French being an asset part.
Also the part that requires 1 year experience is Insurance is not a challenge, so do not be discouraged. Shoot your shot even without the Insurance experience.
Tips: Call Centre experience just might be an added advantage.

https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CUMIS&cws=38&rid=8604

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tempzi: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
tempzi:
Greetings to you all.

Please for those arriving Canada on a visitor Visa, is BTA/PTA still required at the POE? If so, how do one go about it urgently for a trip scheduled for next week? Thanks

It is always a different case at the border- totally dependent on the border agent you meet.

But the rule of thumb is to have your money in hand. You are a visitor, you said you have money when you applied, so be ready to show proof of such.

If them ask you and you no get proof—- back to naija.

‘Watch border services —cbsa’ to understand how far. And note this applies to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tempzi: 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
maziude:

It is always a different case at the border- totally dependent on the border agent you meet.

But the rule of thumb is to have your money in hand. You are a visitor, you said you have money when you applied, so be ready to show proof of such.

If them ask you and you no get proof—- back to naija.

‘Watch border services —cbsa’ to understand how far. And note this applies to everyone.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by M0001: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hi , please I am also going to Nova Scotia in September. Trying to book tickets too… Abeg let’s link up.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by M0001: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
Arike999:
Hello someone please help
Have been trying to book my flight but the cheapest am seeing is handled by kiss and fly and their rating is bad

How can I search for cheap flight to Sydney in Nova Scotia please

I am also going to Nova Scotia in September, yet to book my ticket. Pls let’s link up
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dfanz: 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hello, Anyone with a room to rent or wants to share a 2bd apartment in Regina, pls pm me. Preference is female. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eyegroup: 3:59am On Jul 20, 2022
Please who can help wit any visa that I can apply to get to Canada please giv some money to apply student visa since march telling me that September intake not going again even january upon now no good answer please can any one help me please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 4:29am On Jul 20, 2022
Eyegroup:
Please who can help wit any visa that I can apply to get to Canada please giv some money to apply student visa since march telling me that September intake not going again even january upon now no good answer please can any one help me please

www.cic.gc.ca

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aWITNESS: 4:38am On Jul 20, 2022
Backcheck:

Hello teejhaay! Congrats and welcome to UofC in advance. Are you coming for a graduate program? If yes, lets connect and get added to the group chat of great Nigeria students cool cheesy

Hello Backcheck, thanks for the heads up. I wish to be added to the group. I will be landing by the 28th of this month. I just sent you an email
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
tempzi:
Greetings to you all.

Please for those arriving Canada on a visitor Visa, is BTA/PTA still required at the POE? If so, how do one go about it urgently for a trip scheduled for next week? Thanks

Why a visitor need to carry cash,it not a requirement ..show ur bank card as ur means to support urself And i doubt any officer will ask you to show Bta/Pta ,they may ask how u plan to support urself ."l have my bank card with me amd that l will use" ..simple...na nigeria immigration dey complicate not canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.