Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2183267 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
Summer ride

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Contd

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jayzara: 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Allegory:
Please any tips for getting a house in Canada before landing. I have too many little kids so I’d prefer to get a house b4 we travel but I’ve been on Facebook marketplace and Kijiji for over two weeks now and all of them are asking for pay stubs, credit check and the rest, even when I say we can pay 2-3 months in advance. I’ve contacted some agents too, same thing. I need new ideas

If you have a family member or friend in the province you wish to land, they can be of help. I got an apartment before arriving Canada. My hubby’s friend did all the work.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Allegory(f): 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Jayzara:

If you have a family member or friend in the province you wish to land, they can be of help. I got an apartment before arriving Canada. My hubby’s friend did all the work.
He found a place then you rented? How many months upfront did you have to pay in place if paystubs, credit check and the rest
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kehmy(f): 6:41am On Jul 24, 2022
royalzee:
Good evening...

Anyone for KEYANO College? Hopefully come September, I should be there. I will be needing a 2 bedroom apartment or townhouse.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can progress with getting an accommodation while still in Nigeria?

Will appreciate a feedback from anyone who can be of help. Thanks

Hello,
I'm also for Keyano College but I deferred till January.
Pleased to meet you here. Hopefully, we'll see there.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:37am On Jul 24, 2022

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
ednut1:
https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/two-dead-one-injured-in-vaughan-nightclub-shooting

Shooting at a popular Nigerian club
I don’t know who go to these places. But whoever they are, they had better pen their wills before going. These are the most dangerous, low-life, life-sucking shitholes anyone can go to in Toronto or its environs. So, when they get shot in the head for trying to, then they are possibly only getting what’s coming.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
NuCypher:

I don’t know who go to these places. But whoever they are, they had better pen their wills before going. These are the most dangerous, low-life, life-sucking shitholes anyone can go to in Toronto or its environs. So, when they get shot in the head for trying to, then they are possibly only getting what’s coming.
unfortunately you made zero sense.

17 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
ednut1:
unfortunately you made zero sense.
who cares about your opinion? Why would you even imagine that was directed at you? Beats me...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tracy0803409: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please Family, what is the IRCC standard exchange rate of CAD to Naira and USD to Naira

Thanks for your responses
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RoyalDukeDon: 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please how can I join The nigerian association in new brunswick,as I'll be arriving in few weeks
olasubomy:

I would have advised you try to wait a little while in Nigeria and get it done once and for all but dropping the expiring passport is not an option since that's where your visa is stamped.

1. You can go ahead and travel with your passport. You will sought it in Canada. The Nigerian Association in New Brunswick do collaborate with the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa to assist Nigerians in the province who need to renew their passport. They just recently concluded an exercise but not sure when the next one will take place.

Once you get to New Brunswick and join the WhatsApp group. You will be informed when they are going to start another exercise.

2. Another option is you starting the online process in Nigeria as some guys have advised and then you come and continue in Canada.

You can weigh your options. All the best with classes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Creativebelle: 12:19am On Jul 25, 2022
Hello everyone,

Pls what type of house would you recommend for someone coming with her kids?

A children friendly home in Toronto

Also, is there any Nigerian community one can join to acclimatise..

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 1:28am On Jul 25, 2022
Creativebelle:
Hello everyone,

Pls what type of house would you recommend for someone coming with her kids?

A children friendly home in Toronto

Also, is there any Nigerian community one can join to acclimatise..

Thank you
It all depends on your personal circumstance:
1. How much rent can u afford monthly?
2. How many kids are u coming with?
3. How old are your kids?

Without these info, one can only guess..

Anyways I would say a 2 bedroom condo apartment would be ideal and this costs an average of +-2,500 per month

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 2:03am On Jul 25, 2022
RoyalDukeDon:
Please how can I join The nigerian association in new brunswick,as I'll be arriving in few
weeks

Send me an e-mail when you arrive New Brunswick. I will send your number to admin to add you on WhatsApp group.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Haircomb: 2:41am On Jul 25, 2022
Please who can add me to any whatsapp or Telegram group for Edmonton?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Creativebelle: 8:36am On Jul 25, 2022
1200 to 1500

Age 3 and 6

Oh wow..condos..are there houses lower than 2500?

Thank you
seunpinky:

It all depends on your personal circumstance:
1. How much rent can u afford monthly?
2. How many kids are u coming with?
3. How old are your kids?

Without these info, one can only guess..

Anyways I would say a 2 bedroom condo apartment would be ideal and this costs an average of +-2,500 per month
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 9:07am On Jul 25, 2022
Creativebelle:
1200 to 1500

Two kids

Age 2 and 5

Thank you

Based on the above info, u should be looking at 1+1 ( 1 bedroom and 1 den) If u seek accomodation in Toronto or within d GTA, then your minimum budget is from 2k. Except u don't mind a basement which would cost u btw 1,500 to 1,800.

Also be prepared to make a payment of 4 to 6 months rent

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 160485(f): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
Am a student of Centennial college, Toronto, Ontario. am studying Interactive media management. My program is for a year. What are the pathways of getting pr.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by miolad20(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
What Seunpinky said + go on kijiji.ca and filter to GTA to search for rentals that fit what you want. You'll get an idea of how much they're going for and how to adjust your budget realistically.

Creativebelle:
1200 to 1500

Two kids

Age 2 and 5

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
i will advise you get an AirBnB or a short let and then when you land use the full month to search for a suitable apartment that will suit your budget.
Creativebelle:
1200 to 1500

Two kids

Age 2 and 5

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2022
Yes, i saw your friend request. responded.
Marike2:

Pls I have sent you an email. Can you confirm if you have seen it?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Creativebelle:
1200 to 1500

Two kids

Age 2 and 5

Thank you
like seun has already mentioned you need a 1 bed plus den or 2 bed. Some landlords too will prefer going for other applicants without kids. This budget is too low for Toronto/ gta
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by blazetitov: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
RoyalDukeDon:
Please how can I join The nigerian association in new brunswick,as I'll be arriving in few weeks

The have an online platform. Just google them up.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Creativebelle: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
Okk..thank you
seunpinky:

Based on the above info, u should be looking at 1+1 ( 1 bedroom and 1 den) If u seek accomodation in Toronto or within d GTA, then your minimum budget is from 2k. Except u don't mind a basement which would cost u btw 1,500 to 1,800.

Also be prepared to make a payment of 4 to 6 months rent
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Creativebelle: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ok..thanks
megastu:
i will advise you get an AirBnB or a short let and then when you land use the full month to search for a suitable apartment that will suit your budget.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Creativebelle: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
Thank you
miolad20:
What Seunpinky said + go on kijiji.ca and filter to GTA to search for rentals that fit what you want. You'll get an idea of how much they're going for and how to adjust your budget realistically.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Creativebelle: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
Thank you..

Pls what's a den?
ednut1:
like seun has already mentioned you need a 1 bed plus den or 2 bed. Some landlords too will prefer going for other applicants without kids. This budget is too low for Toronto/ gta
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Creativebelle:
Thank you..

Pls what's a den?
mini space without windows. Some use it as a home office or an extra room

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Immortalregis: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
Good day house. Please what's the current realistic timeframe to get the PR card. It says 70 days on their website but can anyone tell if that's a fairly accurate timeframe or if it can take much longer than that. I landed on June 9 and I plan to travel back to naija for 2 - 3 weeks sometime in October. Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lastbornbuns: 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
megastu:
Yes DM for pictures. It is a good AirBnB to stay for a short time while hunting for a more permanent house. It is 600 CAD per week with further discounts if staying for 2-3 months. Fully furnished, room, sitting room, dining, kitchen, bathroom and toilet and all inclusive.
600 cad per week? 2,400 per month for 1 bed Basement apartment?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jayzara: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
Allegory:

He found a place then you rented? How many months upfront did you have to pay in place if paystubs, credit check and the rest

He used his own details (credit score etc). All we did was to pay one month rent and security fees equivalent to one month rent. Then d landlord said when we arrive we will pay 2 months rent in advance.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Allegory(f): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
Jayzara:

He used his own details (credit score etc). All we did was to pay one month rent and security fees equivalent to one month rent. Then d landlord said when we arrive we will pay 2 months rent in advance.
Ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.