Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2201100 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
dpete1:
How To Legally Relocate to Canada from Nigeria Within 3-6 months Using an Un-Tapped Visa Route!
Why Is this Visa Route Untapped?
https:///CanadaVisaEntry
you and your family members have not used the route. why una no dey tire for this mumu 25k ebook paroles ni

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCongo2: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2022
ednut1:
i dont usually agree with you but you are spot on. Its all mostly packaging. you can learn those things for free on the internet or paid sites like cousera. its just like those amazon guys on youtube telling you about their 5k courses, or those forex people in lagos training you on forex while they haven't made one kobo trading.

Just asked a friend who did it. Like I suspected na packaging. The guy and others he knows haven’t changed job still

What’s your opinion on those Amazon courses ? Do you know of anyone who took them ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Excessgrace1(f): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
ednut1:
his registration number is on his website why not check it out That they are licensed doesn’t mean your study visa is guaranteed too.

Plz don't be offended, how do I check it?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2022
TheCongo2:

What’s your opinion on those Amazon courses ? Do you know of anyone who took them ?
they are not making money from the amazon business itself that why they wanna cash out with training. There is someone in a whatsapp group i belong that did it, ended in tears as profit margin was too small after all the expenses involved. But hey mr trainer don cash out

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
Excessgrace1:

Plz don't be offended, how do I check it?
its on his website. The link to verify is there, find and click on it

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 12:48am On Aug 20, 2022
Afolavid:

Omoo!!! That's serious oh, most of those FRSC officials don't even know there's a document called 'driving extract'. I paid 20k for mine and it's out, but funny part is, it was also done via that frsc verification website. But if you do it yourself, they will ignore your submission. Nigeria may never be great again!

The bolded implies that Nigeria was once great, that's a lie, it never happened
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by einsteino(m): 2:47am On Aug 20, 2022
SlowlybtSurely:

This is all in your head! The few single ladies in my circle just want decent men and they understand that the aforementioned are just add ons. If you have a good head on your shoulders, have a plan for your future and you work hard, we all know these things are achievable in Canada. In this country, what you put in is what you get.

These women are not asking to be catered for. They are asking to be met half way by the men. What is so wrong with that? I noticed that many Naija men here have low self esteem because the ladies here seem to be doing well for themselves and are not begging you for money to buy cream as that was the bane of y'alls existence in Nigeria. Y'all are threatened by the women's successes instead of working hard to achieve yours.

Again, they've chosen to rather die single than settle for mediocre marriages. And I dare say, they have my utmost respect!

Those few single ladies must be really few or unattractive. Frankly, I have personally met quite a number out there that have me cackling. I wouldnt want to burn my time talking about the obvious but it doesnt even matter who is right or wrong. This is the one thing that I dont advise anyone on. Make every come and live out their convictions. Afterall no be me go help them cope with the outcomes. Life na per head.

It is fine to die single, its not a crime. So long as that is a choice one is happy with. Quite frankly, even some married people today would die single. So me no send who dey lonely or single or not.

What I personally take issue with is folks blackmailing guys with labels. As though we are somehow responsible for the inability of Nigerian ladies finding "decent guys". Last I checked, Nigerians are a minority here. If we are not decent, then they should please marry other nationalities. Afterall, say we come from the same country no mean say we dey betrothed to each other.

Men and women are free to create whatever standards they desire of a partner. Lets forget standards sef. In my experience, the actual problem is does the type of guy you want, want your type of woman? Get past that first. Lord knows there are decent men marrying every now and then in this Canada. I personally have many friends that have in the last 3 years.

You can write up a contract with any terms you fancy but you can not force anyone to sign it. Let alone one that only exploits them esp if they are better served elsewhere. Too many "me, me, all about me" out there and what is astounding is that they dont even notice it. Many atimes, they would rather pass the buck to us. Just like you would never find them ever say any of their past breakup was their fault. It is always somehow men's.

Again, if there are no decent Nigerian men, are Nigerian men the only men in Canada? Or are all the men of other nationalities also not decent? When Nigerian men(esp newly landed guys or guys yet to get a professional job) cant get a nigerian girl to take them seriously, they bite the bullet and go date/marry non Nigerians. No noise, no passing the buck. Same way when folks feel the pool here is too small to give them the exact type of lady they fancy, they go home to marry. Is it not the same permanent resident card that the guys have, our ladies have? Or does the pr card of women forbid them from going home to marry someone?

Dont even act like its a convenient choice for men. The total cost of going home to marry someone and sponsoring her pr, supporting her to find her foot here is downpayment foe a house in some Canadian cities. Mind you its also men that stand a greater risk of being ruined by marriage in Canada(Heck even Canadian men rarely marry these days). Yet, nigerian men take the more torturous route rather than have the ready made here, rather than label the women here. You really think all the men choosing to do that are not decent and do it for no reason?

Them no exile anybody come Canada, if e tire pesin make e go Naija or any country wey e feel say decent men/women dey in abundance.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 4:04am On Aug 20, 2022
einsteino:

Those few single ladies must be really few or unattractive. Frankly, I have personally met quite a number out there that have me cackling. I wouldnt want to burn my time talking about the obvious but it doesnt even matter who is right or wrong. This is the one thing that I dont advise anyone on. Make every come and live out their convictions. Afterall no be me go help them cope with the outcomes. Life na per head.

It is fine to die single, its not a crime. So long as that is a choice one is happy with. Quite frankly, even some married people today would die single. So me no send who dey lonely or single or not.

What I personally take issue with is folks blackmailing guys with labels. As though we are somehow responsible for the inability of Nigerian ladies finding "decent guys". Last I checked, Nigerians are a minority here. If we are not decent, then they should please marry other nationalities. Afterall, say we come from the same country no mean say we dey betrothed to each other.

Men and women are free to create whatever standards they desire of a partner. Lets forget standards sef. In my experience, the actual problem is does the type of guy you want, want your type of woman? Get past that first. Lord knows there are decent men marrying every now and then in this Canada. I personally have many friends that have in the last 3 years.

You can write up a contract with any terms you fancy but you can not force anyone to sign it. Let alone one that only exploits them esp if they are better served elsewhere. Too many "me, me, all about me" out there and what is astounding is that they dont even notice it. Many atimes, they would rather pass the buck to us. Just like you would never find them ever say any of their past breakup was their fault. It is always somehow men's.

Again, if there are no decent Nigerian men, are Nigerian men the only men in Canada? Or are all the men of other nationalities also not decent? When Nigerian men(esp newly landed guys or guys yet to get a professional job) cant get a nigerian girl to take them seriously, they bite the bullet and go date/marry non Nigerians. No noise, no passing the buck. Same way when folks feel the pool here is too small to give them the exact type of lady they fancy, they go home to marry. Is it not the same permanent resident card that the guys have, our ladies have? Or does the pr card of women forbid them from going home to marry someone?

Dont even act like its a convenient choice for men. The total cost of going home to marry someone and sponsoring her pr, supporting her to find her foot here is downpayment foe a house in some Canadian cities. Mind you its also men that stand a greater risk of being ruined by marriage in Canada(Heck even Canadian men rarely marry these days). Yet, nigerian men take the more torturous route rather than have the ready made here, rather than label the women here. You really think all the men choosing to do that are not decent and do it for no reason?

Them no exile anybody come Canada, if e tire pesin make e go Naija or any country wey e feel say decent men/women dey in abundance.
Na so I carry one give my guy Wey dey Naija. The lady, 28 is making excuses just because she can't sponsor a man. She still dey set standards with her gbaana smoking and knife-fight stories.

I have since told him to get into the pool, who knows, PNP fit smile for nwa IT.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 11:21am On Aug 20, 2022
einsteino:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by einsteino(m): 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2022
aestake:

Na so I carry one give my guy Wey dey Naija. The lady, 28 is making excuses just because she can't sponsor a man. She still dey set standards with her gbaana smoking and knife-fight stories.

I have since told him to get into the pool, who knows, PNP fit smile for nwa IT.

It is alright if she doesn't want to sponsor a man for whatever fears/reasons she might have, we all have those. So long as she doesn't wake up someday and blame it all on men, then that seems perfectly okay to me.

Its the growing trend of making men the fall guy for women's woes that disgusts me. I have met several ladies in Canada that start sentences with "Why are you guys not blah blah..." or "You Toronto guys are this and that", all the while I am standing there thinking you barely even know me. Then a few minutes into what is often the most illogical conversation, you realize she is partly responsible for her ordeal. When you provide honest answers she gets combative because it isn't soothing. It is just convenient for her to believe it is all our doing. These struggles are not exclusive to women, guys do have challenges in the pool here too. We just seem to be better at quietly rising to the occasion or coming to terms with what is within reach. Some of us do choose to die alone too than get married to what is out there! When a guy is having a hard time with women, it is his fault. When women are having a hard time with men, y'all make it the men's fault. Oh men have low self esteem, they are threatened by women, men are of such poor quality, women don't want to be in unhappy marriage blah blah. Please own your struggles, that's all I ask! Me wey be say I dey see how e dey be for some of my guys wey dey married for here, wey dey even make me thank God say I single. Na only for social media all married man dey happy and seem to have a wife who is a blessing, when you draw body na oppo, and high tension. Cos men no dey wan loud matters, e come be like say na only we bad? Abegi.

There are many reasons why finding your preferred husband/wife or any at all in Canada or the diaspora at large can be challenging (I can write a whole page based on my lived experience here). You either make the necessary concessions and re-adjustments or you hold to your gun and make your peace with the probable outcomes. I actually belong to the latter group but you don't see me blaming not having my pick of the litter on a lack of decent/marriageable Nigerian women.

There are tough conversations to be had in our culture and community that could help our single men and women better get along, and overall yield better outcomes, there is no doubt about that. However, that's never going to happen and if it does we would not change because we are an obstinate bunch. So, let's continue casting aspersions and deluding ourselves, like our men and women are completely different animal species rather than sexes.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
You’re funny o, you knew she was smoking and had knife-fight stories and still introduced her to your friend. It’s obvious your plan was to take advantage of her and she didn’t fall for it.
aestake:

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2022
temmitats:
You’re funny o, you knew she was smoking and had knife-fight stories and still introduced her to your friend. It’s obvious your plan was to take advantage of her and she didn’t fall for it.
You obviously didn’t get the memo that she was to be managed. They pitied her sorry as.s and thought to help her secure a bag, but, being the loser she was, she bungled it anyways. That wasn’t any surprising. These ladies are not known to be the best thinkers, always quick to wallow in imaginary thoughts of “doing him a favor” because they will be filing for him. That’s all well and good. In the future, she had better not blame her woes on men on her lowly subscribed YouTube channel which will remain her sole company till death!

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ciwi: 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
Wow… you really took this personal. So getting married is now securing the bag? Hmmmm

NuCypher:

You obviously didn’t get the memo that she was to be managed. They pitied her sorry as.s and thought to help her secure a bag, but, being the loser she was, she bungled it anyways. That wasn’t any surprising. These ladies are not known to be the best thinkers, always quick to wallow in imaginary thoughts of “doing him a favor” because they will be filing for him. That’s all well and good. In the future, she had better not blame her woes on men on her lowly subscribed YouTube channel which will remain her sole company to death!

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2022
temmitats:
No. I didn't know the depth. Na my friend tell me o. She said she go like know any of my friends not the ones in Canada. The ones in Canada with PR obviously no go send her nao... everyone takes advantage of everyone. That's fact!

I would like my guy to show up here on his own, we go see.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2022
ciwi:
Wow… you really took this personal. So getting married is now securing the bag? Hmmmm

Yes, for women, getting married is securing the bag. It’s what it is. I didn’t make the rules. Just telling it as it is. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be tons of YouTube channels of female Nigerian immigrants out there, nor would there be countless nights of incessant tears as they contemplate their missed chances and bungled romances. It’s what it is.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
I think she actually dodged a bullet, I really hope you find peace too, it can’t be normal to think like this.
NuCypher:

You obviously didn’t get the memo that she was to be managed. They pitied her sorry as.s and thought to help her secure a bag, but, being the loser she was, she bungled it anyways. That wasn’t any surprising. These ladies are not known to be the best thinkers, always quick to wallow in imaginary thoughts of “doing him a favor” because they will be filing for him. That’s all well and good. In the future, she had better not blame her woes on men on her lowly subscribed YouTube channel which will remain her sole company till death!

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
Okay look for another victim, since she didn’t fall smiley
aestake:

No. I didn't know the depth. Na my friend tell me o. She said she go like know any of my friends not the ones in Canada. The ones in Canada with PR obviously no go send her nao... everyone takes advantage of everyone. That's fact!

I would like my guy to show up here on his own, we go see.

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
YouTube channel is only for single people? shocked
How are you so sure they cry at night? You dey their house?
NuCypher:

Yes, for women, getting married is securing the bag. It’s what it is. I didn’t make the rules. Just telling it as it is. Otherwise, there wouldn’t be tons of YouTube channels of female Nigerian immigrants out there, nor would there be countless nights of incessant tears as they contemplate their missed chances and bungled romances. It’s what it is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
temmitats:
I think she actually dodged a bullet, I really hope you find peace too, it can’t be normal to think like this.
What are you on about, lmao!? Don’t get all snoozy. I’m at peace, always been.

Again, she bungled her chance. They delivered a man to her door, but she chose to entertain the weirdest thoughts. Maybe it was the weed. Sadly, something tells me that’d be her last chance. It doesn’t take much to figure out. I hope you got a lesson or two to grab from that for yourself. I can only hope because it doesn’t seem so to me.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2022
Lesson? From you? I’m good on that, thank you smiley
NuCypher:

What are you on about, lmao!? Don’t get all snoozy. I’m at peace, always been.

Again, she bungled her chance. They delivered a man to her door, but she chose to entertain the weirdest thoughts. Sadly, something tells me that’d be her last chance. It doesn’t take much to figure out. I hope you got a lesson or two to grab from that. I can only hope because it doesn’t seem so to me.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2022
temmitats:
Lesson? From you? I’m good on that, thank you smiley
Good girl. Way to go! I don’t give out lessons to women.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ciwi: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2022
temmitats:
YouTube channel is only for single people? shocked
How are you so sure they cry at night? You dey their house?

As in!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by canadaishome: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2022
NuCypher:

Really?
grin

Women are really underrated sha.
Na wa o

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2022
canadaishome:

Really?
grin
Yes, really.

What’s your own YouTube channel? Lmao. Or those of the two cacklebirds above? Just say it. You never know, you could increase your follower count by a few just mentioning it here.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2022
From what I’ve seen, the real anger comes from seeing that a woman would rather be single than get hitched with a man she doesn’t like and it’s become some men’s worst nightmare. Especially men that think they’re doing women a favor by marrying them.
ciwi:

As in!!

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2022
temmitats:
From what I’ve seen, the real anger comes from seeing that a woman would rather be single than get hitched with a man she doesn’t like and it’s become some men’s worst nightmare. Especially men that think they’re doing women a favor by marrying them.
You say it like there haven’t been millions of women who “got hitched with a man she didn’t like (sic)”. They are all over the place, so your argument holds no water. But why would it anyways? It’s not like you can really think as such, despite all the hopes I had for you. Shame!

As men, our ultimate goal is to avoid those who would become such nightmares in the end, merely because they have a Canada PR. Again, I’ll say it. That’s why droves of Nigerian men in Canada continue to head back home to pick an angel. And that’s how it’s going to be for a long time…

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2022
There’s no argument here, we were having a conversation but I understand why you would think it was one, you can’t stand to see a woman express her view without throwing a fit, I mean look at your response here, you’re the one that should be ashamed, not me.
NuCypher:

You say it like there haven’t been millions of women you “got hitched with a man she didn’t like (sic)”. They are all over the place, so your argument holds no water. But why would it anyways? It’s not like you can really think as such, despite all the hopes I had for you. Shame!

As men, our ultimate goal is to avoid those who would become such nightmares in the end, merely because they have a Canada PR. Again, I’ll say it. That’s why droves of Nigerian men in Canada continue to head back home to pick an angel. And that’s how it’s going to be for a long time…

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
temmitats:
There’s no argument here, we were having a conversation but I understand why you would think it was one, you can’t stand to see a woman express her view without throwing a fit, I mean look at your response here, you’re the one that should be ashamed, not me.
Who cares whether it’s a conversation or an argument? Express your view all you like and I’ll continue to poke holes in them, because there will be holes. I see why and I have said as much on that.

So, what’s that your YouTube again? Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ciwi: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
temmitats:

Please ignore that guy… he’s a troll

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2022
ciwi:

Look who’s talking, lol. Your YouTube? grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2022
Lol it’s obvious.
ciwi:

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
grin violence. Everyone go dey alright. Both men and women are lonely here .Make i go back to my bicycle . Toronto downtown to Scarborough bluff 30km to and fro.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (714) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: ferfer(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.