Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2207564 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (715) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2022
mrbenjame:

I think I’d investigate this. But by the way. After the biometrics what next? Because it’s one year already and nothing yet.

I asked you these questions earlier..

Na wa.
Did you apply to the job yourself or it’s through the agency?

When you applied for the visa, did you receive an application number?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
mrbenjame:

I think I’d investigate this. But by the way. After the biometrics what next? Because it’s one year already and nothing yet.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 message them with your application number for status
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Profgordons(m): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
mrbenjame:

Am tempted to say nothing is next. You can order GCMS notes just to satisfy your curiosity
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2022
ednut1:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 message them with your application number for status

I am not sure he has one.

Asked him about it.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Akaewu: 12:41am On Nov 25, 2022
Akaewu:
`I WAN BUY CAD...ANYONE SELLING

Anyone will to sell CAD for Naira at a good rate. I dey St John NL
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bezimo(m): 3:10am On Nov 25, 2022
ericman77:

please can l apply canada citizenship directly from nigeria instead of student visa??

and what the requirement ?

Offcourse you can.
Even prime minister Job sef, you can even apply for it..Lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mrbenjame: 5:02am On Nov 25, 2022
maziude:

I asked you these questions earlier..

Na wa.
Did you apply to the job yourself or it’s through the agency?

When you applied for the visa, did you receive an application number?

Sorry i did not apply for the job myself. All my details are with the agency. But I know I had a biometric appointment letter and instruction letter which I used to go to the embassy. My sister is the one doing it for me with her boss. She works with her bosses agency. Everything is controlled by her boss. I just don’t want to complain because I don’t want to believe I’ve been scammed.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mrbenjame: 5:03am On Nov 25, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:53am On Nov 25, 2022
mrbenjame:

Sorry i did not apply for the job myself. All my details are with the agency. But I know I had a biometric appointment letter and instruction letter which I used to go to the embassy. My sister is the one doing it for me with her boss. She works with her bosses agency. Everything is controlled by her boss. I just don’t want to complain because I don’t want to believe I’ve been scammed.
this is the modus operandi of these useless agents. They use pastors, Alfas, siblings, colleagues to get to you. The guy run you streets. He found job for you but they never did interview with you nor sent you official email.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 6:54am On Nov 25, 2022
mrbenjame:

You just might have been scammed.

Ask your sister for update.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by drealsahmy(m): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2022
It is a verified DLI

Checked that on ircc site to be sure.

Are you in Alberta?

Prettiepearlz:

Whatever you do, please ensure your school is a designated learning institute else you will be back home as soon as you finish your studies.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yeldey: 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2022
ednut1:
what is the agency name You started the process before getting a job offer or you got a job offer with the agency Hmmm

All these agents should be locked up and the keys thrown into the ocean. They are cashing out on desperate Nigerians. They are lot of information on how to apply for Canadian Work permit and Canadian PR online but I still can't fathom the reasons why people choose to go through these fraudulent agents.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yeldey: 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2022
mrbenjame:

Oga forget everything. It's already a dead end.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2022
yeldey:

All these agents should be locked up and the keys thrown into the ocean. They are cashing out on desperate Nigerians. They are lot of information on how to apply for Canadian Work permit and Canadian PR online but I still can't fathom the reasons why people choose to go through these fraudulent agents.
Most don't have the paperwork and cash, so agents fill that gap. Na only when e no work, agents are maligned. Indians have this problem too.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2022
yeldey:

extremely hard to get a job offer from Nigeria without pr. You can apply on indeed for a year and all you will get is unfortunately we cannot sponsor or we want people in Canada already. I tried it too in 2018 and got only one interview in new Brunswick. They later boned me. So people are tempted to go for agents who sweet talk them and scam them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 6:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
ednut1:
extremely hard to get a job offer from Nigeria without pr. You can apply on indeed for a year and all you will get is unfortunately we cannot sponsor or we want people in Canada already. I tried it too in 2018 and got only one interview in new Brunswick. They later boned me. So people are tempted to go for agents who sweet talk them and scam them.
It makes sense because they want workers right away. Workplaces always want new staffers largely because they can't retain folks. And some are tyrannic, if you criticize them a little, you are sacked. Meanwhile, they provided the board for complaints. I love as people move around workplaces here. My candid advice is get a job or skill that many people can't or don't have.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2022
drealsahmy:
It is a verified DLI

Checked that on ircc site to be sure.

Are you in Alberta?

Okay, good for you. No to your question.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanresz(m): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
The issue is that currently it is very hard for someone to get a job from Nigeria. Canadian immigration process is very long. Even if you have skills that no one has, how many employers are ready to wait for up to 6 months if not more for the process? I guess these agents are able to dupe our people because our people want short cuts. How many people get job without interviews and applying for the job? We must think we are so special that an employer will just offer us a job without us applying or interviewing for the job.

aestake:

It makes sense because they want workers right away. Workplaces always want new staffers largely because they can't retain folks. And some are tyrannic, if you criticize them a little, you are sacked. Meanwhile, you provided the board for complaints. I love as people move around workplaces here. My candid advice is get a job or skill that many people can't or don't have.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
lanresz:
The issue is that currently it is very hard for someone to get a job from Nigeria. Canadian immigration process is very long. Even if you have skills that no one has, how many employers are ready to wait for up to 6 months if not more for the process? I guess these agents are able to dupe our people because our people want short cuts. How many people get job without interviews and applying for the job? We must think we are so special that an employer will just offer us a job without us applying or interviewing for the job.

Guys just wanna run off Nigeria. Most ain't qualified, though. Wait time for Canadian visas are crazy, I know. I am a victim too!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanresz(m): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2022
I employed someone from Nigeria for the pilot child care program. They applied for the visa January 2021. Up till now, they have only done biometrics. They haven't got a permanent application number yet. By the time the application is approved, we may not need their services again.

aestake:

Guys just wanna run off Nigeria. Most ain't qualified, though. Wait time for Canadian visas are crazy, I know. I am a victim too!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
lanresz:
I employed someone from Nigeria for the pilot child care program. They applied for the visa January 2021. Up till now, they have only done biometrics. They haven't got a permanent application number yet. By the time the application is approved, we may not need their services again.

I got it. I got married at the same time with sb who is in the UK. He has moved on with a child and we have not seen the visa to get my spouse here.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vanessaokoh: 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2022
Hello good day everyone
I will be moving to Canada next year please what can I estimate on furnishing an apartment and where can I get affordable prices for beds table etc in Manitoba Brandon �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 4:19am On Nov 26, 2022
Vanessaokoh:
Hello good day everyone
I will be moving to Canada next year please what can I estimate on furnishing an apartment and where can I get affordable prices for beds table etc in Manitoba Brandon �
Furnishing in Canada can be very expensive if you are buying things new. Budget more than $1300 for a really good couch. Check prices on IKEA.ca. It will give you an idea what you need to budget for each furniture.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vanessaokoh: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2022
Okay thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jokerman(m): 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
Vanessaokoh:
Hello good day everyone

After voting Buhari, you are now running away from us... is this good,
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanresz(m): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2022
It depends in your taste. The price range is very wide. The best you can do is to search for cheap furniture stores in Brandon. You will get a lot of option. To get more options, you can search for stores in Winnipeg. Winnipeg is only 2 hours drive from Brandon. Also, check on kijiji and Facebook marketplace for used ones.

Vanessaokoh:
Hello
good day everyone
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jbelieve: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kyrie2018:
The paper application is currently faster. I applied online about 4 months ago and they haven't even started reviewing my application, no AOR. A friend who applied online in March just got invited to write the test after 8 months. Meanwhile, someone else who applied about the same time via paper has done oath-taking.

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by starrez: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2022
Akaewu:
`I WAN BUY CAD...ANYONE SELLING

Use Africhange
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
ednut1:
this is the modus operandi of these useless agents. They use pastors, Alfas, siblings, colleagues to get to you. The guy run you streets. He found job for you but they never did interview with you nor sent you official email.
grin grin grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by coolhayor: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hello house,

Has anyone evaluated their HND only (OND will not be evaluated) with IQAS before. What was the HND evaluated as. My brother wants to evaluate his HND only due to an issue at his OND school, he wants to do only the HND for now.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
coolhayor:
Hello house,

Has anyone evaluated their HND only (OND will not be evaluated) with IQAS before. What was the HND evaluated as. My brother wants to evaluate his HND only due to an issue at his OND school, he wants to do only the HND for now.

Thanks
you cannot evaluate HND without OND. Ond is 2 years diploma, HND is 3 years diploma. Making 2 or more degrees.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godpikin4: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
Good day

Please for those familiar with colleagues in Ontario, is Cambrian College okay?

I ask because I hardly see people apply there.

Any information will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (715) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: chuksnnaemeka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.