Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2201989 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WinterDreary: 5:38am On Nov 23, 2022
ednut1:
no, if vaccinated . Not sure of unvaccinated.But you need to get permit to travel ( its now free).
How do I get permit to travel?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2022
aestake:

Some people just want to come in. I had issues convincing sb, finally I failed and he is coming in for a non-DLI school and course. I don't know what is gonna happen.
If he doesn’t get a job that would help him to apply for a work permit visa, he will be back to his homeland in no time. Majority don’t know that Canada is not a country where they can disappear with their out of status situation.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ericman77: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
ericman77:

please am looking requirement to apply canadian citizenship from nigeria and l see you must have been physically in Canada for at least 1,095 days (3 years) during the 5 years before the date you sign your application.

but another part said "you can apply from outside Canada if you were a Crown servant or a family member of a Crown servant."

As Nigeria is member of commonwealth of nation family ...can l apply As a Crown servant or a family member of a Crown servant?
Yes, you can apply as crown house boy. Just go to the nearest Canadian embassy and tell them bubu sent you.

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
WinterDreary:

How do I get permit to travel?
google am o
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
ericman77:

please am looking requirement to apply canadian citizenship from nigeria and l see you must have been physically in Canada for at least 1,095 days (3 years) during the 5 years before the date you sign your application.

but another part said "you can apply from outside Canada if you were a Crown servant or a family member of a Crown servant."

As Nigeria is member of commonwealth of nation family ...can l apply As a Crown servant or a family member of a Crown servant?
reduce the meth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
ednut1:
reduce the meth
grin he should come and replace Ford.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
ericman77:

YOU CANNOT.

STOP LOOKING FOR SHORTCUTS.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
maziude:

YOU CANNOT.

STOP LOOKING FOR SHORTCUTS.

He is talking about crowns when they have been residents already. Pesin no be pr dey talk about citizenship.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by preshpearl(f): 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
tolupe1:
m

I hope to see you in Selkirk by January. Make we Nigerians flood here jare. Which program? I saw that you messaged me, kindly message me on tomigeye@yahoo.com .

Till we see in January by His Grace. Bye

Hi I want to apply into Selkirk college
Can I chat you on whatsapp please??

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Influential101: 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
ericman77:

Hi, you can only apply to be a permanent resident from Nigeria. Check this thread for information and read it from page 1. https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

After you've received your permanent residency and have lived the number of days specified above plus other conditions, you can then apply for citizenship.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Emiogakidneyoga: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hello everyone. I've always wanted to apply for conferences abroad especially in Canada but i don't seem to know how to go about it. Would love to apply for one that is related ro quality control.

Please, what are the basic requirements and how do I apply? Please, kindly respond. I'm a new member.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
aestake:

He is talking about crowns when they have been residents already. Pesin no be pr dey talk about citizenship.

The matter tire name sef.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
Emiogakidneyoga:

Hello everyone. I've always wanted to apply for conferences abroad especially in Canada but i don't seem to know how to go about it. Would love to apply for one that is related ro quality control.

Please, what are the basic requirements and how do I apply? Please, kindly respond. I'm a new member.

Google

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Inali: 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
I have read a lot about this pathway and found someone that wants to help me work it all out but I feel I've not found all the info I need so I need info from people that chose this pathway and how it has been for them.

My questions are:

- What is the maximum work permit duration for this pathway?
- Can one transition from TFWP to PR?
- Can a TFWP holder change jobs if he/she wants?
- Can a TFWP holder also study while in Canada?
- Which city is best for this Pathway?
- Hows life like as a TFWP holder?

Pardon me if my questions much but I need to understand all these before making my decision. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
Inali:

I have read a lot about this pathway and found someone that wants to help me work it all out but I feel I've not found all the info I need so I need info from people that chose this pathway and how it has been for them.

My questions are:

Pardon me if my questions much but I need to understand all these before making my decision. Thanks

What pathway?

Moreover if you found someone that wants to help you, don’t you think they will have the answers to your questions?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
Inali:

My questions are:

do you have a job offer with LMIA as applicable If not stop wasting your time and money. The agent or person you think will help you will scam/dupe you. Tfwr is usually for 2 years. At the end of the two years if you have enough points you can apply for express entry , renew the work permit or return home. To change job you have to get another job offer and apply for another work permit while the former one is cancelled ( highly unlikely in reality). You cant also study on work permit. Stay away from conmen agents.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mrbenjame: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
Please house help me. I need clarifications. I applied for a Temporary Foreign Work permit since January 2021. Though I used a trusted agency.

Around April I Flew from Portharcourt to Abuja for medicals because my name was in the appointment list when I got there. That’s IOM Abuja office.

I returned to portharcourt after the medicals and my medical result was sent to the Canadian immigration for documentation.

2 weeks later I got a job offer from Canada which I signed and sent through courier service to my employer.

October 28th same 2021 I returned to Abuja for my biometrics. At November 1 I submitted all my documents including my biometric letter of appointment and instruction letter. The biometrics was successful and I returned to portharcourt again. Although when I got back on the 14th of December I was congratulated by the VFS office where I did the biometrics that my biometrics was successful and has been submitted to the Canadian immigration that I should be very patient at this moment because they are not the ones to decide to give me the work permit or visa.

It’s a year now. I’ve not heard anything. Today is 23rd November 2022.

Please is there still possibility that it’s gonna work for me? I’ve waited too long. It is it how it works?

Please I need reply of who has succeeded to give me hope. Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
mrbenjame:
Please house help me. I need clarifications. I applied for a Temporary Foreign Work permit since January 2021. Though I used a trusted agency.

Around April I Flew from Portharcourt to Abuja for medicals because my name was in the appointment list when I got there. That’s IOM Abuja office.

I returned to portharcourt after the medicals and my medical result was sent to the Canadian immigration for documentation.

2 weeks later I got a job offer from Canada which I signed and sent through courier service to my employer.

October 28th same 2021 I returned to Abuja for my biometrics. At November 1 I submitted all my documents including my biometric letter of appointment and instruction letter. The biometrics was successful and I returned to portharcourt again. Although when I got back on the 14th of December I was congratulated by the VFS office where I did the biometrics that my biometrics was successful and has been submitted to the Canadian immigration that I should be very patient at this moment because they are not the ones to decide to give me the work permit or visa.

Please is there still possibility that it’s gonna work for me? I’ve waited too long. It is it how it works?

what is the agency name You started the process before getting a job offer or you got a job offer with the agency Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
Ontarioo:
No. Only user interface and user experience design (UI/UX)

Modified: Data science is available now

Please add me to the UI/UX group.pm.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 12:09am On Nov 24, 2022
mrbenjame:

Sir,how do you know a trusted agency or what qualify an agent to be trusted??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:22am On Nov 24, 2022
mrbenjame:

You want help but you are giving us incomplete information.

Agency no get name, employer no get name.
Hopefully the money you paid agent no plenty.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mrbenjame: 4:00am On Nov 24, 2022
ednut1:
what is the agency name You started the process before getting a job offer or you got a job offer with the agency Hmmm

I got a job offer after the medicals.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mrbenjame: 4:02am On Nov 24, 2022
[quote author=maziude post=118637596]

You want help but you are giving us incomplete information.

Agency no get name, employer no get name.
Hopefully the money you paid agent no plenty.[/quote

I paid them well o.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 4:41am On Nov 24, 2022
[quote author=mrbenjame post=118637785][/quote]
Na wa.
Did you apply to the job yourself or it’s through the agency?

When you applied for the visa, did you receive an application number?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:27am On Nov 24, 2022
mrbenjame:

I got a job offer after the medicals.
scam is written all over this. Without a job offer with approved LMIA if applicable. You cant start a work permit application na. And why courier to sign the contract when there are digital signature options.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jay35: 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2022
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion/566 see this thread. Even me I’m affected applied for a relative since april this year. No show even after contacting my MP.

Ooh goodness Gracious…
Thank you for this! I’ll follow the thread
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2022
ednut1:
scam is written all over this. Without a job offer with approved LMIA if applicable. You cant start a work permit application na. And why courier to sign the contract when there are digital signature options.
E never stops...fake agents dey Canada oooh. People!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Naijaforeigner: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2022
A room in a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment is available for short stay in London, Ontario, from 1st of Dec - 30th of Dec 2022.

Apartment is located in downtown, close to Fanshawe main campus and Western Uni.

The price is affordable and I dare say, cheap (compared to others)

If you are interested, please send me a DM. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Profgordons(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2022
mrbenjame:

Sorry about your loss. Move on
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Profgordons(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2022
ericman77:

Try clown � servant
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mrbenjame: 9:41pm On Nov 24, 2022
ednut1:

I think I’d investigate this. But by the way. After the biometrics what next? Because it’s one year already and nothing yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (714) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.