Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188866 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 6:53am On May 05, 2023
njambert:
Hello everyone;
Can I use my UBA visa card to do an ATM withdrawal while in Canada? If yes any limits of the amount one can withdraw at once?

No you can't. Naira cards don't work abroad again.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 5:41am On May 06, 2023
Never heard of Africhange before.

Tyola:

You can use Africhange or Lemonade. I find them to be safe, reliable and have fairly stable exchange rate.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NIKEDEEDS(m): 7:53pm On May 06, 2023
Sayo007:
Please we need someone to share a room in Calgary Canada if your interested kindly send a message

Hi

I am interested
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yeldey: 1:39am On May 08, 2023
AIRPORT PICK-UP FOR ANYONE LANDING IN EDMONTON, ALBERTA

Hello Everyone....

If you would be landing in Edmonton International Airport and need airport pick up services, look no further.

We are here because of you and to serve you best at affordable prices...

We offer pick up services at Edmonton Airport, to drop off anywhere in Alberta.

We are just phone call away on 587 882 4522
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mrczar(m): 8:19pm On May 08, 2023
Hi Guys,

please i will need your guide/advise on this; i just graduated from a college in Toronto ON (one year program). I am at a cross road of what next to do as my study permit expires next month.

Now i am thinking if i should embark on a second program or go ahead to apply for PGWP even though i am yet to secure a Job.

college fees are quiet expensive and i wonder the use of 2 PGC when it comes to career development.

PLEASE, IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSITION TO PR WITH JUST ONE YEAR PGWP? i will appreciate feedback from anyone who was able to do this or knows anyone who did.

THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:08am On May 09, 2023
mrczar:
Hi Guys,

please i will need your guide/advise on this; i just graduated from a college in Toronto ON (one year program). I am at a cross road of what next to do as my study permit expires next month.

Now i am thinking if i should embark on a second program or go ahead to apply for PGWP even though i am yet to secure a Job.

college fees are quiet expensive and i wonder the use of 2 PGC when it comes to career development.

PLEASE, IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSITION TO PR WITH JUST ONE YEAR PGWP? i will appreciate feedback from anyone who was able to do this or knows anyone who did.

THANKS.
for your question it depends on your scores in the express entry profile. To qualify for CEC class under express entry you need one year Canadian qualifying experience . You supposed to have gotten a job by now to be able to meet up . You cant try getting work permit, another program if your express entry scores are low.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by deyplay: 1:33pm On May 09, 2023
cntabs:

Download pesapeer. Great rates
please between Pesapeer and Africhange, which is better?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shindar: 9:11am On May 10, 2023
Hello, pls anyone use KLM recently? I booked one and after booking I discovered I need to pay for seats again. But that's not worst issue, now I see their baggage allowance and it says 12 kg for each passenger flying economy class. I'm I mistaken pls? I'm so unhappy right now. If you have any information that can help pls let me know
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Idamsel: 11:37am On May 10, 2023
Hello everyone.

I have a clarification to make. I am currently in Canada on a study visa and I want to work on my score for the express entry pool.

So I want to take ACCA.

I am confused as to what membership fee I should pay but I think I should be paying the Nigerian fee since I am a Nigerian. Please anyone have seen someone with this experience should kindly clarify
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Idamsel: 11:40am On May 10, 2023
Shindar:
Hello, pls anyone use KLM recently? I booked one and after booking I discovered I need to pay for seats again. But that's not worst issue, now I see their baggage allowance and it says 12 kg for each passenger flying economy class. I'm I mistaken pls? I'm so unhappy right now. If you have any information that can help pls let me know

You don’t need to pay for seat. You can choose your standard seats during your check in which is about 30 hrs before your flight.
As per baggage, please check your ticket very well. Your hand luggage is 12 kg in total. Confirm on your ticket if you paid for the 23kg baggage. The information is all on your ticket.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shindar: 12:14pm On May 10, 2023
Idamsel:

You don’t need to pay for seat. You can choose your standard seats during your check in which is about 30 hrs before your flight.
As per baggage, please check your ticket very well. Your hand luggage is 12 kg in total. Confirm on your ticket if you paid for the 23kg baggage. The information is all on your ticket.

Oh, thanks. I'll check right away
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 5:33pm On May 10, 2023
Shindar:

That only happens when you wish to reserve a seat. If the airline assigns you a seat on the day you're traveling then you won't pay. They do that to make money especially if the ticket is cheap.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by moneymagnetca: 2:05am On May 11, 2023
Don't make all your week about work work work. Take some time to enjoy the beauty around you.

View of Lake Ontario from the end of Hurontario St

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluwaVaz(m): 12:08pm On May 11, 2023
Good day everyone , the dob in my waec is different from the I have in my passport,but I have backed it up with affidavit, hope it won't be any problem while seeking for addmsion in Canada or during visa application..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Astrotaxi11: 10:06am On May 12, 2023
Living in Canada can be an exciting experience, with diverse cities, stunning natural landscapes, and friendly people. When it comes to getting around, there are various transportation options, including taxis.if you're in a Canadian city and need to find a taxi The Sherwood Park Taxi service will get you there safely and efficiently, while putting your comfort ahead of your safety.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aurorae1: 10:29am On May 12, 2023
Astrotaxi11:
Living in Canada can be an exciting experience, with diverse cities, stunning natural landscapes, and friendly people. When it comes to getting around, there are various transportation options, including taxis.if you're in a Canadian city and need to find a taxi The Sherwood Park Taxi service will get you there safely and efficiently, while putting your comfort ahead of your safety.

Comfort ahead of safety ke?

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tenderjunkie: 10:47am On May 12, 2023
aurorae1:

Comfort ahead of safety ke?
grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sirabbey(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2023
Fix it for you. Thank me later.
Astrotaxi11:
Living in Canada can be an exciting experience, with diverse cities, stunning natural landscapes, and friendly people. When it comes to getting around, there are various transportation options, including taxis.if you're in a Canadian city and need to find a taxi The Sherwood Park Taxi service will get you there safely and efficiently, while not compromising on your safety and comfort.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shindar: 5:22pm On May 12, 2023
Marpol:

That only happens when you wish to reserve a seat. If the airline assigns you a seat on the day you're traveling then you won't pay. They do that to make money especially if the ticket is cheap.
Thanks, I found out I didn't need to pay for seats
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shindar: 5:23pm On May 12, 2023
Idamsel:

I did. I thought the bag they indicated was the 12kg hand luggage. Thanks for clarifying
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tenderjunkie: 9:55am On May 14, 2023
Marpol:

No you can't. Naira cards don't work abroad again.
What about a UBA dollar card?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tenderjunkie: 9:56am On May 14, 2023
Please are Coursera certificates recognized in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Peacejoy199: 11:11am On May 14, 2023
I'm also applying for canadore college
Please kindly link me up with canadore college whatsapp group 08169561138
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Peacejoy199: 11:49am On May 14, 2023
I just pay part payment of my tuition fee to canadore college North bay
please kindly add me to their whatsapp group
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Johnsonifeoluwa(m): 12:53pm On May 14, 2023
How is life currently at Sydney nova Scotia? I gained addmision into Cape breton University. I will appreciate update as wait on my visa application
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shindar: 7:36am On May 15, 2023
Marpol:

Hello, do you know how much I'll need to pay for extra baggage on KLM pls? I have the allotted 12kg hand luggage and 23kg check-in baggage allowance. I'll like to know how much it cost for extra 23kg. I saw $90 online but i'll like to be sure. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shindar: 7:37am On May 15, 2023
Idamsel:

Marpol:

Hello, do you know how much I'll need to pay for extra baggage on KLM pls? I have the allotted 12kg hand luggage and 23kg check-in baggage allowance. I'll like to know how much it cost for extra 23kg. I saw $90 online but i'll like to be sure. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 6:46pm On May 15, 2023
tenderjunkie:

What about a UBA dollar card?

Dollar cards will work.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 6:49pm On May 15, 2023
Johnsonifeoluwa:
How is life currently at Sydney nova Scotia? I gained addmision into Cape breton University. I will appreciate update as wait on my visa application

Atlantic region is okay. Presently in Moncton NB to visit my family and the place is amazing, summer is gradually approaching and everywhere is bubbling with life. Attended Okey Bakassi show on Saturday and it was fun. Just create your own happiness and you will be ok.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 6:51pm On May 15, 2023
Shindar:

I paid 172k for extra and overweight bag on lufthansa from Lagos to Moncton NB. The bag weighed 29kg

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: aestake and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.