Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:44 AM

I Need Help With My Uk Student Visa Application :: Urgently! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Help With My Uk Student Visa Application :: Urgently! (1050 Views)

Please Help: How Can I Track My Uk Visa Application - Applicant Status / Renewing My Uk Visa! / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My Uk Student Visa Application :: Urgently! by megeness: 10:19am On Aug 08, 2010
I need help with my UK student visa application.I am resident in Dubai and I just finished my first degree in a British institution. I tried applying for a visit visa 3 months ago but i was denied and I want to apply for a student visa but i need to be sure before a make my application.

My situation is this, I already have CAS reference from the university and paid part fees,I received two statement of account, 1st is a current account of my dad's company with substantial funds to cover my expense in the UK along with a bank letter stating my dad is signatory to the account and the 2nd is my dad's savings account with gud money in it but he only sent this months statement which is less than 5 days. Please what are the odds of me securing the visa, please advise
Re: I Need Help With My Uk Student Visa Application :: Urgently! by donugapi(m): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2010
Check the home office website, The money neeeds to be in the account for at least 2-3 months
Re: I Need Help With My Uk Student Visa Application :: Urgently! by megeness: 10:29am On Aug 08, 2010
But can I still apply with the company account, its in my father's name, Someone advised that my dad gets a letter of credibility and a letter from d bank stating the fund will be available to him (this is for the savings account).
Re: I Need Help With My Uk Student Visa Application :: Urgently! by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2010
megeness:

But can I still apply with the company account, its in my father's name, Someone advised that my dad gets a letter of credibility and a letter from d bank stating the fund will be available to him (this is for the savings account).

You will be refused if you apply with that company's account, the money there is for the runing of the business and not for you to spend on education.

The savings account is ur best option IF the money there is enough to cover fees and maintenance fees AND the money has been there for 28days untouched.
Re: I Need Help With My Uk Student Visa Application :: Urgently! by coolier(f): 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
megeness:

I am resident in Dubai and I just finished my first degree in a British institution.

Are you resident in Dubai or on a student's Visa? because those are two separate things and if you're legally resident there I see no reason why the British High Commission would refuse you a visitor's visa to UK because you apply for a Visa where you live and if a student, I see why not, most especially as you're studying in a British institution.

But if on a student's Visa, UAE laws require that you leave Dubai on completion of your studies. 'Leave' translates to retun to your country, so if you have completed your degree programme, I take it you're out of status now, so it's time to pack your stuff and get out of there, you're not on transit and no Embassy would approve your Visa if you're in a foreign country illegally.

megeness:

But can I still apply with the company account, its in my father's name

A Company's account cannot be in your father's name, it can only be in the name of the Company, your father might be a signatory like you said.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Scholarship / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / Life In America For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.