Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 (36397 Views)

Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg / The Best Performing Banks In Nigeria In 2023 / Checkout The Best High End Gadgets Of 2018 And Their Bitter Rivals. (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Unionised(m): 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by elisha4gabriel(m): 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
what of heritage bank, I have an account with them ooo but have not unseen t for the past 6years...hahahaha
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Godmademan(m): 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
MykOnyxo:
Credit alert: 4000
balance : 3,900

and I ask where exactly in the air is 100 naira hiding.....

FCMB e kare.. only God can judge you for me
N100 transfer fee grin

1 Like

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
Unity bank!!!!!
Unless you guys stop stealing my #1,000 every month, you will always be at the bottom
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Alajiki(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
Anopheles:
Which one is Jaiz Bank?

Never seen it before

An Islamic Bank
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by maxymalik: 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
NIGERIAN BANKS AND HOW THEY FLEECE US.
I want to draw the attention of the general public to how our banks covertly and surreptitiously enrich themselves by pilfering and stealing from us without our knowledge.
ATM FRAUD
It is the duty of the bank to provide its customers with atm cards, yet we pay for it. The part the bemuses, befuddles and makes me livid is the expiry date attached to the cards. My question is this: Does my account have an expiry date? Does the money in my account expire? In saner climes your atm card is yours for life and no renewal charge.
Another aspect is when your ATM is swallowed up by an atm machine. Normally, if your card is swallowed up by the machine you walk up to the bank where it was seized to make a report and it's given back to you.
However in Nigeria every usual thing becomes unusual, every abnormal thing becomes normal,wrong becomes right, black becomes white and up becomes Dow. Here you are charged for the atm card again as though it was your fault that it was gulped by an atm machine; when it's issued after you being surcharged or debited, its expiry date is not extended.
On boxing date I had the harrowing and agonising experience of having to watch helplessly as an ATM � machine devoured my card. I walked up to the security to seek his help but he told me to go to my branch to get another one.
When I got to my bank the next day behold they were delighted to debit me for a new card.
UNNECESSARY DEBITS/DEDUCTIONS
It is not uncommon to observe incessant deductions on your account. This range from sms alerts, the use of other bank's Atm, money transfer using USSD CODE, internet money transfer just to mention but a few.
Remember this amount may seem Lilliputian to you but remember every sec people are being duped by these crooks.
How long shall we continue like this? Who will put an end to this rip off and fleece? When are we going to stand up to these capitalists and exploiters?
Ewedoma Isaac Maxwell

1 Like

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by deebrownneymar: 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Cordis92(f): 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
Genea:
Did you read that thing at all? It was ranked based on shares performance

He should quote their overall performance.
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Zupremo13: 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
FCMB... the worst bank on earth. nothing would ever take me back to that useless thieves again. you save 10k only to go back and see 9,720 in a span of 2 weeks. haba

2 Likes

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by U1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
Kylekent59:
First bank is the worst.

They froze my account for nothing. Just because I hadn't been depositing money there,i just left like 10k there.

Went to withdraw the money but I didn't succeed. They started telling me trash.

That was how my account was wiped.

Give it to Access and Sterling.

You mean you let the 10k go?

1 Like

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by U1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
maxymalik:
NIGERIAN BANKS AND HOW THEY FLEECE US.
I want to draw the attention of the general public to how our banks covertly and surreptitiously enrich themselves by pilfering and stealing from us without our knowledge.
ATM FRAUD
It is the duty of the bank to provide its customers with atm cards, yet we pay for it. The part the bemuses, befuddles and makes me livid is the expiry date attached to the cards. My question is this: Does my account have an expiry date? Does the money in my account expire? In saner climes your atm card is yours for life and no renewal charge.
Another aspect is when your ATM is swallowed up by an atm machine. Normally, if your card is swallowed up by the machine you walk up to the bank where it was seized to make a report and it's given back to you.
However in Nigeria every usual thing becomes unusual, every abnormal thing becomes normal,wrong becomes right, black becomes white and up becomes Dow. Here you are charged for the atm card again as though it was your fault that it was gulped by an atm machine; when it's issued after you being surcharged or debited, its expiry date is not extended.
On boxing date I had the harrowing and agonising experience of having to watch helplessly as an ATM � machine devoured my card. I walked up to the security to seek his help but he told me to go to my branch to get another one.
When I got to my bank the next day behold they were delighted to debit me for a new card.
UNNECESSARY DEBITS/DEDUCTIONS
It is not uncommon to observe incessant deductions on your account. This range from sms alerts, the use of other bank's Atm, money transfer using USSD CODE, internet money transfer just to mention but a few.
Remember this amount may seem Lilliputian to you but remember every sec people are being duped by these crooks.
How long shall we continue like this? Who will put an end to this rip off and fleece? When are we going to stand up to these capitalists and exploiters?
Ewedoma Isaac Maxwell

And did you bother at all to bring this to the attention of CBN?
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by lx3as(m): 7:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
williams85:
Ecobank should be the last.. their costumers care service is zero.

Ecobank mobile App, mobile banking and recharging are the worst in the world.

1 Like

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by charley94: 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
MykOnyxo:
Credit alert: 4000
balance : 3,900

and I ask where exactly in the air is 100 naira hiding.....

FCMB e kare.. only God can judge you for me
I swear FCMB can make deductions for Africa

2 Likes

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Accurate11(m): 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
First bank insurance scheme is useless and its also a scam used in stealing innocent Nigerian Money. I am a victim, my #2,500, 000 still with those criminals. Keep telling me "We will sort it out"

1 Like

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by jcbillion(m): 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
Kylekent59:
First bank is the worst.

They froze my account for nothing. Just because I hadn't been depositing money there,i just left like 10k there.

Went to withdraw the money but I didn't succeed. They started telling me trash.

That was how my account was wiped.

Give it to Access and Sterling.

I believe if u can provide a valid identity card, your account can be reactivated

1 Like

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Pigsandidiots: 10:20pm On Jan 01, 2019

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Ayobami7(m): 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
阮德英国加
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Pigsandidiots: 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
justbusy:
started a new year with jealousy: no time: oh, Nneka where my chicken?
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Panelbeater(m): 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Gtbank is the best..
Ecobank is plain useless, useless customer service officers, useless staffs ,always empty ATM and illegal deductions..

1 Like

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by chrizzyace: 12:33am On Jan 02, 2019
PanickMode:
Gtbank simply the best!
Getting interest of almost 3,700 bucks monthly from my savings account without actually saving grin

How’s that possible?? Abegii
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by san316(m): 6:35am On Jan 02, 2019
Where is heritage Bank?
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2019
Boleyndynasty2:

so it happens to you too? They way money disappears without trace is one in a million. You can never get a credit alert without them deducting #50

very annoying
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by superman1073: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
HAPPY NEW YEAR .

PLEASE I NEED URGENT INFORMATION ON WHICH BANK IS BEST TO OPERATE A COMPANY CORPORATE ACCOUNT. PLS BE EXPLANATORY ENOUGH TO HELP MAKE INRORMED DECISION. INFORMATION LIKE:
1. OPENING/INITIAL DEPOSIT
2. Monthly Maintenance charges
3. COT CHARGES
4. MINIMUM BALANCE
5. Loan facilities
6. Any other useful tips
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Jungpablo: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
Boleyndynasty2:

so it happens to you too? They way money disappears without trace is one in a million. You can never get a credit alert without them deducting #50

I can kiss you all day
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by henrygold100: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2019
MNDY:
Access Bank has very good prospects. Heard they are planning to merge with Diamond Bank. I love Access Bank, just that their charges are driving me crazy!

Plus network issues; you may either not get a credit alert or get a long delayed one, whereas money no even finish comot out of the ATM before a debit alert will ring your phone.
this is sooo true, still waiting for the alart of the money I paid in since
Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Viking007(m): 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
goldenval:
Zenith bank is the worst bank so far
Your two numbers are not reachable. Please try reach out when you see this.

1 Like

Re: Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 by Fireson: 12:06am On Apr 06, 2020
Access is the worst bank in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Sani: Shoprite Exit Will Help Local Supermarkets To Grow, They Can Go / Exchange Rates In Official And Parallel Markets Converge / Abia Mall Umuahia 90% Completed: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.