Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg (25589 Views)

Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg / Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency / Best And Worst Performing Banks Of 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:07pm On May 10
Nigeria’s naira has reversed recent gains and is now the world’s worst performing currency in the last month, increasing pressure on the central bank to keep raising interest rates.

The naira has slipped to 1,466.31 to the dollar, its weakest level since March 20, hurt by the local scarcity of the US currency which on Thursday halved from the day before to just $84 million.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-10/usd-ngn-naira-reverses-gains-as-outlook-dims-on-declining-dollar-inflows?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=africa&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-africa

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:07pm On May 10
Now that CardiB has exhausted all his ideas in giving Naira "Kung Fu" I wonder what will be the next line of action 😂.

Crypto Banned

Binance Banned too

P2P banned too

BDCs supplied with Dollars.

EFCC arresting BDc operators

Dear CardiB and Bulaba,

Who are we blaming this time?

My aged grandma?

489 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by obi4eze(m): 8:09pm On May 10
grin

Balablu magic.

When they were told to hold their dollars closely, imagine what these Tinubu propagandists were saying. I hope they are still here to see the magic their oga is performing on the exchange rate.

Who will they blame this time around? Of course they will surely blame Peter Obi who they are seriously teaching a lesson.

Propaganda is not governance. Fx rate is blind to propaganda.

269 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by AqualinaXYZ: 8:19pm On May 10
It will get more worse this I pray

Since we can’t gain reduction in price of goods then make we dey gain in dollars

2500 before end of next month

104 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Ancecoker(m): 8:22pm On May 10
The Nigerian Naira's recent performance as the world's worst-performing currency is a complex issue with various economic and political factors contributing to its decline. Some possible reasons include:

1. Economic challenges: Nigeria's economy has faced difficulties, including inflation, currency fluctuations, and a significant decline in oil prices (Nigeria's main export).
2. Political instability: Political uncertainty and instability can lead to a loss of investor confidence, affecting the currency's value.
3. Monetary policy: Central Bank decisions, such as interest rate changes or currency interventions, can impact the Naira's performance.
4. Trade and investment: Nigeria's trade balance, foreign investment, and remittances can influence the currency's strength.
5. Global market trends: Global economic conditions, such as currency fluctuations and investor sentiment, can also impact the Naira's performance.

It's important to note that currency fluctuations can have significant effects on a country's economy and citizens.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Administration1: 8:22pm On May 10
Hmmmm
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by NwaNimo1(m): 8:22pm On May 10

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by FactBoyz: 8:22pm On May 10
You and I did not vote for this disaster called Tinubu. A monumental disgrace to Nigerians

217 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by God1000(m): 8:22pm On May 10
Too bad, government should stop using cosmetic approach to stabilize naira and address the real problem

66 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Kpartners: 8:22pm On May 10
Before nko?
That award is for naira naa
I have said it before that they have run out of ideas, I use to believe that Asiwaju will assemble the best brains unlike Bubuu, but I can tell you that Bubuu will even be considered a technocrat compared to the performance of Asiwaju
It will only get worst so let us tighten our belt's. But my happiness is that we all are experiencing the terror going on in this country regardless of who you voted for

Using artificial intelligence, I can tell you that the future of this country called Nigeria is not bright at all

We have a long journey ahead of us

May God be our helper

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Father4all: 8:23pm On May 10
Before unko. Terrible country

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by APOPTOSIS: 8:23pm On May 10
The Lawless Society has assumed its rightful position.
It's officially genetic now.
You can't be lawless and senseless yet expect the benefits enjoyed by citizens of lawful societies.

35 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by shortgun(m): 8:23pm On May 10
Every reasonable person knew the "gain" was not sustainable.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by usecondom(m): 8:23pm On May 10
Wahala

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by jmoore(m): 8:24pm On May 10
Tinubu APC gangs in government are the one manipulating the fx.

They use propaganda to make dollar appear cheaper. Once they buy billions of dollars at cheaper price, they manipulate the price to go high so they can sell to make massive gains. And the cycle will keep repeating.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by iichidodo: 8:24pm On May 10
I have always advocated for the Nigerian Government to forward applications to Paris to utilize the CFAs in West Africa as these wild and volatile oscillations of the Naira is wreaking havoc in the economy and our collective psyche...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by MikeMicheal(m): 8:24pm On May 10
Make e continue to go UP.

When it went lower, traders refuse to adjust price, claiming old goods.

SO, NO POINT praying for a strong Naira.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by jaxxy(m): 8:24pm On May 10
Was bound to happen after the abracadabra

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by ChizzyBuna(m): 8:24pm On May 10
Ok
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Franklyspeakin: 8:24pm On May 10
Asiwaju, we can see your great works. Ride on

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by tername8600: 8:24pm On May 10
Wow... good news
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by id4sho(m): 8:24pm On May 10
Make una no kill Baba Akanbi with Nigeria problemsssssss

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by chido20(m): 8:25pm On May 10
Bought dollars when it was 1,000. Now I’m waiting for it to get to 2,500 or 3k before i sell. Propaganda doesn’t run the economy

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by graceypetee: 8:25pm On May 10
Wahala

What will common man do? If not to mk money

But why Nigeria come be like this? And nobody is talking

Check my signature if you want to learn and c out

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by chariiks(m): 8:25pm On May 10
Lizzysamuel:
Now that CardiB has exhausted all his ideas in giving Naira "Kung Fu" I wonder what will be the next line of action 😂.

Crypto Banned

Binance Banned too

P2P banned too
POS operator

BDCs supplied with Dollars.

EFCC arresting BDc operators

Dear CardiB and Bulaba,

Who are we blaming this time?

My aged grandma?
Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by omoredia: 8:25pm On May 10
Country of fake experts, worthless pdh holders and useless elders and leaders

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Joshy4u: 8:25pm On May 10
When illiterate criminals run a country, this is what happens. Even Onanuga say 0.5% is equal to 0.005%.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by CodeTemplar: 8:26pm On May 10
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

39 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Houseontherock1: 8:26pm On May 10
Voodoo economics undecided

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by Nahunger(m): 8:26pm On May 10
grin cheesy cheesy

E be like say na ogun go kill IMF and her sister agencies, they want to keep us impoverished so they can keep selling their lies globally...

Ogun how you and sango go just siddon dey look as these snakes wan bite IRON, dey want turn iron and fire to dust 😠

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Reverses Back As World's Worst Performing Currency — Bloomberg by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:26pm On May 10
Oh Lord, have mercy on Nigeria and bless us with competent and God fearing leaders that will take us to our promise land ijn

32 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ethiopia, Nigeria Swap $100M / 4 Sure Ways To Earn Extra Money As A Working Class Nigerian / Man Loses N180,000 To ‘magic’ Driver (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.