Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 - Business (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 (348354 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (339) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by redsox11: 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2019
Should you see this on EurGbp tomorrow, you know what to do.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2019
PJAMES1:

Stopped out.
Will keep watching.

All Gbp pairs are weak. I think the london bridge has fallen shocked

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by femora007(m): 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2019
Shevychen2:

This is also as rare as finding automated profitable trading. A good trader is a good trader whether automated or manual. No side of the divide is better. Some of the EA users still keep tweaking their EAs every time or even manually tampering positions opened by the EA.

Here are some consistent manual traders with far more history and I didn't even look too deep...
https://www.darwinex.com/account/D.58234
https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/ERQ.4.4/
https://www.darwinex.com/account/D.66738
https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/ODE.4.15/

Looking at the graph, it wasn't one bad entry that was the problem. It was the same old enemies we always talk about. The reality is that most people are not adequately prepared to handle them. You can see where I marked to highlight where he started gambling, probably to make as much money as possible from his investors for that month.Which reminds me of that pros and cons link I shared. The dots represent various positions so it wasn't a one trade issue.

Add the fact that he was trading without stop loss and also having as much as 20+ open trades and you can understand.

Bottomline, the crash has nothing to do with being a manual trader

please is it advisable to open two darwins, one for conservative trading other for aggressive trading? Hope it won't be a turn off for potential investors?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
bojbest:

All Gbp pairs are weak. I think the london bridge has fallen shocked

They have been falling for ages.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by ufotty2001: 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
please professional traders i have a questions ... is it right for a trader not to enter a trade because of upcoming news?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by meshpips(m): 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
ufotty2001:
please professional traders i have a questions ... is it right for a trader not to enter a trade because of upcoming news?

If the time of entry is too close to the news release period, it is advisable not to enter any trade.

It is noteworthy to state that most brokers will fill you in at the worst possible price during such periods. Slippage can get as high as over 30 - 40 pips. Price can run through your stop loss and the broker will not honour the stop loss causing losses to far exceed the calculated risk value.

The erudite trader will usually wait about 5 minutes after the release of the economic report before attempting to take any new position.

Why jeopardize the well being of your account over a few minutes of adrenaline pumping, emotion ladden and highly risky trading during news release period?

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 8:59am On Jul 17, 2019
You will take some Ls here and there
But these are the kind of trades that compensate and leave you with profits. More than 800 pips in profit. More than 400 pips already locked down. And will move SL to book more soon.
For learning purposes, we just starting can refer to the original post on GBPNZD for the analysis.

From looking at the picture.
There was a downtrend.. Then correction which formed a wedge pattern. Breakdown of the wedge pattern led to resumption of downtrend. That's what I think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2019
PJAMES1:
But these are the kind of trades that compensate and leave you with profits. More than 800 pips in profit. More than 400 pips already locked down. And will move SL to book more soon.
For learning purposes, we just starting can refer to the original post on GBPNZD for the analysis.

There was a downtrend.. Then correction which formed a wedge pattern. Breakdown of the wedge pattern led to resumption of downtrend. That's what I think.
brilliant, absolutely.

you should be a warded the best trader for the month

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
brilliant, absolutely.

I swear he is not a trader, he’s an Investor.

Na only Investors dey wait months before closing trades.

Everybody has his style sha. Someone shld choose which ever suits him or her

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2019
PJAMES1:

Do you have any Idea on NzdUsd?? Long or short?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by platoworks(m): 10:23am On Jul 17, 2019
Aged and verified localbitcoin account available
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2019
Xauusd is selling short term and will break the 1400 zone, look for buy opportunities around the 1391-1389 and 1386-1381 zones. My opinion
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 10:50am On Jul 17, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
brilliant, absolutely.

Thank you.
We keep learning and improving.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 10:53am On Jul 17, 2019
bojbest:

Exactly. I feel the long term pattern suits me better.
It's more relaxed. I found out that I get it right more times than wrong with my long term speculations.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2019
bojbest:

Do you have any Idea on NzdUsd?? Long or short?

Been long for some time.
Looking at 0.6930
But I may be wrong though.
I talked about NZD showing some strength. Looked at different pairs and it looked that way. So I have only been buying NZD. That's why I have sell positions on EURNZD and GBPNZD. And a buy on NZDUSD

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Mftivi: 11:06am On Jul 17, 2019
drpips1:

At least be decent or matured alittle, that is why i don't comment here mostly, you saw people in most forex tutorial videos, they are not acting like this, just because they want to pass their point, or at least do it with a statement of your account you are currently trading. You sound like someone to be avoided. Mr "I am correct"
I sound like someone who is a realist and stand on reality! Nigeria is very backward and you don't progress by condoning mediocrity. I don't mince words mediocrity is mediocrity and stupid is stupid, I used to be a mediocre and stupid trader about 10 years ago. If you blow account you are a mediocre trader and should goto bet9ja instead.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Mftivi: 11:10am On Jul 17, 2019
PJAMES1:

Great trade. True financial freedom through investing in the financial markets comes through understanding that wealth is patiently built over time.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Mftivi: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2019
Goldhomes:

You just spoke my mind, we try to learn not boast or brag.
A consummate trader knows humility is virtue in the market!
Humility is accepting that you were stupid for blowing up your account and not blaming the market. Traders should start there, my success in trading came from realizing my stupidity and mediocrity then worked hard to correct it. I have seen people blow millions of naira ranging from 10 to 50M all cos they never took risk management serious. Many of them still thinks they blew up their account because the market is bleeped up and not because of their stupidity.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2019
PJAMES1:

Been long for some time.
Looking at 0.6930
But I may be wrong though.
I talked about NZD showing some strength. Looked at different pairs and it looked that way. So I have only been buying NZD. That's why I have sell positions on EURNZD and GBPNZD. And a buy on NZDUSD

Shorting the pair Sha. But I tend to adapt to the market and leave with when my citerias are met

Citeria of exits are
1) Stoploss activated
2) 4hr rejections at previous 4hr low
3) daily rejections at 61% fibs of the daily uptrend then I join buyers.

If I’m wrong, citeria 1 will have been executed automatically

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by jamace(m): 11:53am On Jul 17, 2019
bojbest:

That is the way to survive in this game.

Gone are the days when I used to be a trader. As a trader then, I will make 100% in one week and get a margin call the next week. grin

I have discovered after many years in this business that my psychology can only withstand long term trades on higher time frames like 4 hours and above. I am no longer in a hurry to make millions. grin If I get 5% in a month, I see it as great success.

5 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by alphaNomega: 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2019
jamace:

Gone are the days when I used to be a trader. As a trader then, I will make 100% in one week and get a margin call the next week. grin

I have discovered after many years in this business that my psychology can only withstand long term trades on higher time frames like 4 hours and above. I am no longer in a hurry to make millions. grin If I get 5% in a month, I see it as great success.

Wisdom. Thumbs up

PJAMES1:

Exactly. I feel the long term pattern suits me better.
It's more relaxed. I found out that I get it right more times than wrong with my long term speculations.

Perfect boss. Even when one trade short term, having long term perspective helps make short term gains too
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
jamace:

There are different types of traders

1) scalpers ( 10pips trade, multiple entries)
2) Intra Day traders (closes positons within a day)
3) Position /swing trader ( Holds for 3-30days)
4) INVESTOR ( holds for 30+days)

Being an Investor you need huge capital $100 is small for a investor

Concerning returns.as forex traders we cant predict returns per month. This is why we dont trade to pay bills. Whatever comes in a month, we spend and compound to make more.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
bojbest:

Shorting the pair Sha. But I tend to adapt to the market and leave with when my citerias are met

Citeria of exits are
1) Stoploss activated
2) 4hr rejections at previous 4hr low
3) daily rejections at 61% fibs of the daily uptrend then I join buyers.

If I’m wrong, citeria 1 will have been executed automatically

You know that at the end of the day, it sometimes depend on how long you are looking to hold the positions. You know I tend to hold long term. There may be other tradeable movements which I tend to ignore. So won't be surprised if you are right.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2019
Mftivi:
Great trade. True financial freedom through investing in the financial markets comes through understanding that wealth is patiently built over time.

True.
Wealth is patiently built over time
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Necksonnel: 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
Abeg which trading broker is the best ? With good mobile app that has all the features incase am not with laptop ?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by PJAMES1(m): 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
infofirst:

Perfect boss. Even when one trade short term, having long term perspective helps make short term gains too

Thanks boss. True

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Shevychen2: 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
femora007:
please is it advisable to open two darwins, one for conservative trading other for aggressive trading? Hope it won't be a turn off for potential investors?

You can of course.. As long as they are both delivering, they will choose which one they want and in no time, the below will also be your portion smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
PJAMES1:

You know that at the end of the day, it sometimes depend on how long you are looking to hold the positions. You know I tend to hold long term. There may be other tradeable movements which I tend to ignore. So won't be surprised if you are right.

Yes! Traders choose to have bigger wins if they allow a winning trade to run and let a trailing stop decide when the run is over, rather than deciding based on a target, or Opinion

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Tiwasvibe: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2019
Goldhomes:

Have ever thought about good/respected traders who have blown theirs or company accounts.
Does that make them mediocre or ignorant or very stupid?
For example Victor Niederhoffer was world respected trader,but he blew his account in far away Thialand.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by currentprice: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2019
currentprice:

I am closing trade by 7pm to carry my kaya comot

grin grin grin

If I didn't close trades yesterday, could have given back to the mkt like 100pips. what am i looking for self, within 4 hours over 250pips! best is to close first, keep and analyse chart later.

greedy kills

Cc pinbar

grin grin grin

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by mrikay: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
jamace:

very well said sir... wisdom does come with age.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (339)

Football(+) Betting Season 6 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / MSME Survival Fund Registration: How To Apply As Portal Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.