Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 (349080 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (339) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Northeastern: 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
Karleb:

Seriously!

Why don't you get out of the position and re-enter after the news?

Is the risk worth taking?

Nope, it is a bet I have placed already. If it wins, fine, else I will cry and wait for another trade.

HFs place their bets before the Citrus numbers are released by the USDA. If it wins, you're happy, else you get your ass whipped big time.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Fxwarrior: 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
redsox11:

grin grin why do you think so? It could be cent account. Or it could be demo. smiley

Hehehe. This your "it could be" get as e be o.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Karleb(m): 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2019
Northeastern:

Nope, it is a bet I have placed already. If it wins, fine, else I will cry and wait for another trade.

HFs place their bets before the Citrus numbers are released by the USDA. If it wins, you're happy, else you get your ass whipped big time.

You are a wise man.

You seem to me like an individual who has tried his hands on sport betting. I was even thinking of something the other day: placing a simultaneous buy and sell signal on a pair few minutes to a high impact new, of course with an amount you are willing to 'throway' using high lots.

Maybe I'll try it someday.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Fxwarrior: 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
jimrealf:

What is babypips

Babypips is a resource center that offers you the basics of forex trading via its school of pipsology- the science of banking pips which translates to dollars. Its a profitable trader'$ first stop in the journey to achieving financial freedom. Its educative, informative and entertaining. They have forum, news and regular motivations at every site refreshment.

In fact its much more.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Fxwarrior: 6:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
Karleb:

You are a wise man.

You seem to me like an individual who has tried his hands on sport betting. I was even thinking of something the other day: placing a simultaneous buy and sell signal on a pair few minutes to a high impact new, of course with an amount you are willing to 'throway' using high lots.

Should forex be treated as a bet? Is it not better to trade trending pairs using daily candlestick formations than betting.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Northeastern: 6:21pm On Jan 15, 2019
Karleb:

You are a wise man.

In options trading, the trade you described above is called a straddle. In that case, you hope that the profits on one leg of the trade would be more than the premium paid in buying the option. It is done when you expect high volatility as this.

There is no point doing that here because you'll be set back by the bid/ask spread.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Northeastern: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2019
Fxwarrior:

Should forex be treated as a bet? Is it not better to trade trending pairs using daily candlestick formations than betting.

All trades are bets sir. You're betting on either a rise or a fall. His mention of sports betting is more related to my risk disposition than treating forex as sports betting
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Fxwarrior: 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
Northeastern:

All trades are bets sir. You're betting on either a rise or a fall. His mention of sports betting is more related to my risk disposition than treating forex as sports betting

Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Karleb(m): 6:28pm On Jan 15, 2019
Fxwarrior:

No sir! I strongly believe FX should never be treated as bet!

The illustration in my previous post is just a (crazy) way of joining the bad gangs during an high impact news using an amount a trader can afford to lose without batting an eyelid.

Of course there are many ways(better ways, I believe) a trader could trade the news, I'm not even talking about news like brexit here. Trading trending pairs using candlesticks pattern is always better.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by mrikay: 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
are you guys anticipating violent movement ? when will the results of the vote be out ?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Bolutumiii(m): 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
redsox11:
I think we have seen big improvement here. Hope everybody is getting carried along.

If and when you don’t understand something. Ask, I’m sure alot people here wants to help.

Forex is not so difficult. When I see people struggle now. I just smile and remember my journey.

You just need to do some few things the right way and you’re on your way to being profitable trader.

I have a feeling. I could make someone with 1-3 years experience very profitable.

Instead of going through the never ending journey and still turn out not profitable.

I’m not saying I’m going to though lol.
boss, Kindly Show us the way

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
I've been beating myself up a bit because of my early eu trade this morning. I closed the trade , waiting for a retrace to enter again BUT before I know it, the market just dropped without the retrace that I was waiting for. So today is so so day for me.

There was another entry after few hours, but I closed my broker already and didn't see that until now.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AmeLonRo(m): 7:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AmeLonRo(m): 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
The week so far.

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AmeLonRo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
Someone must have sniffed this info early reason why GU going down hours before release lol (Comment from forexfactory)

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Hopium: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
AmeLonRo:
Someone must have sniffed this info early reason why GU going down hours before release lol (Comment from forexfactory)

Buy the rumour, sell the news.

In the case of the Brexit vote today, sell the rumour, buy the news.

The majority knew that that Theresa May will lose the vote today, so the earlier drop was a confirmation that rumour was priced in already. High volatility for the cable was only to be expected if the vote result turned positive. At least, that was what I learned on one of the ForexFactory thread earlier today.

In summary, the world didn't end after all grin

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by ufotty2001: 9:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Drey143(m): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
please who uses metatrader5 here?? It is user friendly with a nice interface..I'm thinking of using it ...In addition the broker I'm using(XM) doesn't make crypto available for trade on mt4..only on mt5..

So can someone give me a cue on mt5??
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 5:00am On Jan 16, 2019
jimrealf:

What is babypips
It is a website that teaches you all you need to know about forex smiley
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 5:05am On Jan 16, 2019
redsox11:

grin grin why do you think so? It could be cent account. Or it could be demo. smiley
Lol grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by harizonal123(m): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2019
*Alert*
Buy
USD/JPY
Sell
GBP/USD
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Fxwarrior: 8:09am On Jan 16, 2019
I can't fathom any direction for the market now. Any alert I post before 10:30am is a mere gamble. Although my sentiment is bullish for GBP.

Even gold is stingy nowadays.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by harizonal123(m): 8:28am On Jan 16, 2019
My job is not to predict a future of a price movement. I just observe what's going on and decide if all criteria are fulfilled to take a signal or not.
~~Julian komar
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by TalkCity: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2019
Who's on any forex signal whatsapp group?. I want to join.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Hopium: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2019
Mid term outlook

Buy signal on usdjpy.

2-3 weeks hold.

Still waiting for entry
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by SayDeeJay: 11:18am On Jan 16, 2019
TalkCity:
Who's on any forex signal whatsapp group?. I want to join.

It is a smart way to make money if you join the good one BUT the best way to make consistent money is to learn to trade yourself.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Fxwarrior: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2019
Fxwarrior:
I can't fathom any direction for the market now. Any alert I post before 10:30am is a mere gamble. Although my sentiment is bullish for GBP.

Even gold is stingy nowadays.

It seems this week is just to decide market direction. No direction yet.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by redsox11: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
Announcement

Tentative GBP

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Fxwarrior: 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by ishow2005(m): 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
Market doing what it knows how to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (339)

Football(+) Betting Season 6 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / MSME Survival Fund Registration: How To Apply As Portal Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.