Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 - Business (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 (349750 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (339) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
AntiZombie:

Crude and Dow Jones only

10%+ monthly
Thats great which broke do you use
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AntiZombie: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
GladmanGoddey:

Thats great which broke do you use

Xm

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by steveblue: 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
HELLO fellow Traders can anyone assist me with a good News Indicator, that displays daily news event with their coreesponding Impacts
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by haon: 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2019
steveblue:
HELLO fellow Traders can anyone assist me with a good News Indicator, that displays daily news event with their coreesponding Impacts
news calendar u mean? visit forexfactory.com and click on calendar.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
AntiZombie:

Xm
oh ok. wat account types do you have with them?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AwesomeDuru(m): 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
WOW! WOW!! Look at all the mentions!! embarassed I really really appreciate everyone for looking out. Thread has done more than 40 pages too shocked

I have been away from this thread for 2 reasons.

First, I got a new job. 7am to 7pm embarassed Working in Nigeria is modern day slavery I swear, coupled with Lagos daily traffic! embarassed This will be a story for another day sha.

Second, my phone. On one of the usual early morning rush, while I struggled to get unto one of the few available buses, phone fell and smashed angry leaving only half the screen still operative. So while I could still browse and do other things, I could not type fully. I have gotten it fixed now embarassed

Phew! So where were we? My account, yes...

Blown embarassed embarassed embarassed

Not long after I started my almighty Live account than I realised I had just begun a totally different battle from what I was used to embarassed
Damn! if Forex was Pizza, all demo trading offered was a slice embarassed

Live didn't feel like trading at all, there was a lack of the usual adrenaline and happiness that came with trading demo. All I felt everyday I woke up to trade was gloom embarassed It Felt like there was a fcking axe (forgive my french) hanging over my head mehn. All I kept hearing in my heart was how 99% of every trader blows their live accounts undecided

And so I traded and traded. Should I even call that trading? NO! I totally ignored my trading system which stated that A + B = Entry Signal

Instead, I did everything opposite!

A - B became my best spots, I entered when I saw C Square + B-, there was no criteria for which I got into trades, I would open positions because I was happy, I got into trades because I simply felt like, other times, it would be just because I needed to have an open position. I scalped most of the time, an act I completely detested during my demo days. Emotion messed up my head pretty damn badly mehn embarassed

And Mr Market...Dear old Mr Market was passionately ruthless, it took my matter personal cheesy It bought when I sold, it sold when I bought. I would open a position at any little spike, hoping to scalp from it, only for the trade to immediately start going opposite my direction. Stuff of nightmares I tell you. And so I watched helplessly as my account dwindled and depleted before me to my utter dismay and horror.

I could go on and on and talk about the numerous ways emotion toyed with me, but then, that would not be the point.
One word to other aspiring newbies who haven't yet gone live: You see your first account? Especially the one you start with a tiny $100? You'll blow it (You can argue about it all you want). If you have a decent capital, and maybe a decent enough system you will adhere to, then maybe there's a slight chance you won't blow that first capital. Don't get me wrong, people work wonders with tiny capitals as small as that all the time, but those people are mostly not on their first live accounts.

So will I quit trading? Hell nah! I have actually come to love Forex. And so I will Demo trade again for the next 3 months. After that, I will go live again with a $100 and see how things play out. Hopefully, I will blow it again or not. But whatever happens, whenever I finally decide to trade profitably, I will go in with at least $800 to $1000. Because you see, Babypips was right, Fxwarrior was right, all those people you hear saying you should go in with a decent capital were all right. Tight stops are what will do you in with your tiny capital. Mr Market hates and punishes tight stop losses. And heaven help you if you keep having large stops with your tiny capital.

Wow! I haven't even looked at what is happening in the markets in over 10 days now shocked This week is gone already, I will open a fresh $100 demo account by Monday and get on with it. I can't wait to start really trading my system once again (I never for once traded it while on live.

Apologies to everyone I let down. Special apologies to Infofirst, I hope we still continue to be best buddies. PJAMES1 how are we doing? Femora congrats on going live, but since its not your first live account, I hope you do well, I am really rooting for you! Redsox11 you're really killing this market. Edd1e respects, I am also on your Telegram channel wink Seyiade how's the tiny live account you were practicing with? Benqozenero (hope I got this right) keep at it bro, you'll get there. Where's Pinbar? I see Currentprice and Tunderr are back too, nice smiley

Thanks everyone!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by pinbar(m): 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
AwesomeDuru:
WOW! WOW!! Look at all the mentions!! embarassed I really really appreciate everyone for looking out. Thread has done more than 40 pages too shocked

First, I got a new job. 7am to 7pm embarassed Working in Nigeria is modern day slavery I swear, coupled with Lagos daily traffic! embarassed This will be a story for another day sha.

Second, my phone. On one of the usual early morning rush, while I struggled to get unto one of the few available buses, phone fell and smashed angry leaving only half the screen still operative. So while I could still browse and do other things, I could not type fully. I have gotten it fixed now embarassed

Not long after I started my almighty Live account than I realised I had just begun a totally different battle from what I was used to embarassed

Live didn't feel like trading at all, there was a lack of the usual adrenaline and happiness that came with trading demo. All I felt everyday I woke up to trade was gloom embarassed It Felt like there was a fcking axe (forgive my french) hanging over my head mehn. All I kept hearing in my heart was how 99% of every trader blows their live accounts undecided

And so I traded and traded. Should I even call that trading? NO! I totally ignored my trading system which stated that A + B = Entry Signal

A - B became my best spots, I entered when I saw C Square + B-, there was no criteria for which I got into trades, I would open positions because I was happy, I got into trades because I simply felt like, other times, it would be just because I needed to have an open position. I scalped most of the time, an act I completely detested during my demo days. Emotion messed up my head pretty damn badly mehn embarassed

And Mr Market...Dear old Mr Market was passionately ruthless, it took my matter personal cheesy It bought when I sold, it sold when I bought . I would open a position at any little spike, hoping to scalp from it, only for the trade to immediately start going opposite my direction. Stuff of nightmares I tell you. And so I watched helplessly as my account dwindled and depleted before me to my utter dismay and horror.

I could go on and on and talk about the numerous ways emotion toyed with me, but then, that would not be the point.
One word to other aspiring newbies who haven't yet gone live: You see your first account? Especially the one you start with a tiny $100? You'll blow it (You can argue about it all you want). If you have a decent capital, and maybe a decent enough system you will adhere to, then maybe there's a slight chance you won't blow that first capital. Don't get me wrong, people work wonders with tiny capitals as small as that all the time, but those people are mostly not on their first live accounts.

So will I quit trading? Hell nah! I have actually come to love Forex. And so I will Demo trade again for the next 3 months. After that, I will go live again with a $100 and see how things play out. Hopefully, I will blow it again or not. But whatever happens, whenever I finally decide to trade profitably, I will go in with at least $800 to $1000 . Because you see, Babypips was right, Fxwarrior was right, all those people you hear saying you should go in with a decent capital were all right. Tight stops are what will do you in with your tiny capital . Mr Market hates and punishes tight stop losses. And heaven help you if you keep having large stops with your tiny capital.

Wow! I haven't even looked at what is happening in the markets in over 10 days now shocked This week is gone already, I will open a fresh $100 demo account by Monday and get on with it. I can't wait to start really trading my system once again (I never for once traded it while on live.

Apologies to everyone I let down. Special apologies to Infofirst, I hope we still continue to be best buddies. PJAMES1 how are we doing? Femora congrats on going live, but since its not your first live account, I hope you do well, I am really rooting for you! Redsox11 you're really killing this market. Edd1e respects, I am also on your Telegram channel wink Seyiade how's the tiny live account you were practicing with? Benqozenero (hope I got this right) keep at it bro, you'll get there. Where's Pinbar? I see Currentprice and Tunderr are back too, nice smiley

Thanks everyone!

Many congrats on your new job, hope it gives you opportunity for growth.

@ bolded, experience they say is the best teacher... but blessed are you if learnt from someone other than yourself, which makes the learning curve faster.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Shevychen2: 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2019
^^^Nice of you to return and report what happened to your live account but.. Not sure you should be focusing on the capital side. From what you just said, you couldn't keep the emotions under control, which is the biggest reason why forex is dangerous for 90% of people.. That feeling where you know what you are doing is wrong, but somehow you keep doing it..I mean you didn't even follow your strategy once according to you so how is it an issue of capital?

This is why I don't blame those that say demo trading is a waste of time because the emotions are never the same for the average person.

My first live account was $1000 at a time when dollar was 120. I still crashed it. Crashed a few more of varying sums too.. Emotional failure will happen even with $10,000 as long as you aren't properly equipped to withstand it.

So yeah, learn the real lessons.

11 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
Congratulations @awesomeduru.
You did great to have dropped those lines. We definitely will b pals. Like@Shevychen2 stated, it's the capital I disagree with. And like I have stated in the past, if you can not manage $100. Chances are that you will not be able to manage $10,000.
Its just that one is easier to blow than the other. Do not give up. It will get better over time.

Forex is that market that will push you to the extent that you will doubt if it's true some other people are able to withdraw....

7 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by femora007(m): 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
AwesomeDuru:

And Mr Market...Dear old Mr Market was passionately ruthless, it took my matter personal cheesy It bought when I sold, it sold when I bought. I would open a position at any little spike, hoping to scalp from it, only for the trade to immediately start going opposite my direction. Stuff of nightmares I tell you. And so I watched helplessly as my account dwindled and depleted before me to my utter dismay and horror.

So will I quit trading? Hell nah! I have actually come to love Forex. And so I will Demo trade again for the next 3 months. After that, I will go live again with a $100 and see how things play out. Hopefully, I will blow it again or not. But whatever happens, whenever I finally decide to trade profitably, I will go in with at least $800 to $1000. Because you see, Babypips was right, Fxwarrior was right, all those people you hear saying you should go in with a decent capital were all right. Tight stops are what will do you in with your tiny capital. Mr Market hates and punishes tight stop losses. And heaven help you if you keep having large stops with your tiny capital.

Thanks everyone!
congrat on ur new job. That is the spirit, never give up. There is always room for improvement

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by femora007(m): 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2019
infofirst:
Congratulations @awesomeduru.
You did great to have dropped those lines. We definitely will b pals. Like@Shevychen2 stated, it's the capital I disagree with. And like I have stated in the past, if you can not manage $100. Chances are that you will not be able to manage $10,000.
Its just that one is easier to blow than the other. Do not give up. It will get better over time.

Forex is that market that will push you to the extent that you will doubt if it's true some other people are able to withdraw....
lol @ the bolded. How has been trading this week
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by coolvibes: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
Shevychen2:
^^^Nice of you to return and report what happened to your live account but.. Not sure you should be focusing on the capital side. From what you just said, you couldn't keep the emotions under control, which is the biggest reason why forex is dangerous for 90% of people.. That feeling where you know what you are doing is wrong, but somehow you keep doing it..I mean you didn't even follow your strategy once according to you so how is it an issue of capital?

This is why I don't blame those that say demo trading is a waste of time because the emotions are never the same for the average person.

My first live account was $1000 at a time when dollar was 120. I still crashed it. Crashed a few more of varying sums too.. Emotional failure will happen even with $10,000 as long as you aren't properly equipped to withstand it.

shocked You've come a long way Boss, no wonder you're now a big man on darwinex. Pls show us the way o grin

@awesomeduru welcome back.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by infofirst(m): 11:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
femora007:
lol @ the bolded. How has been trading this week
Trading manageable so far. Chopin 20s pips from gu here and there. The up and down no let things move well. How is it from your end?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by JAkpayen(m): 2:36am On Apr 11, 2019
@AwesomeDuru,

You really disappointed badly and come here to blame Mr. Market for failure! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Your emotions is what betrayed you and nothing else. When it comes to trading, follow your head not your heart cool cool cool If you were doing this for a corporate firm, you will be fired a query and perhaps suspension.

Do not go back to start a demo because you won't be serious and it will never help you. You are trained and skilled already, so move on to the next level which is always tough.

Now I repeat the below again.

What works for you on demo will surely work out in live trading, but there is a last step you have not taken yet. Test of your emotions. Test out any amount you can afford to lose on a live trade, see how you feel when you are in greens or reds.

This will determine your emotional level to be a trader or not

5 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by JAkpayen(m): 3:18am On Apr 11, 2019
@Currentprice,

What's the latest on oil price? I'm looking forward to OPEC meeting next week and hoping they boost oil supply so that prices can start falling. We need oil glut.

I'm sorry to Nigerian FG pegging your budget benchmark at $60. We are speculators here and we need money to take care of basic things your are neglecting for us.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Shevychen2: 6:33am On Apr 11, 2019
coolvibes:

Pls show us the way o grin

I don dey show the way since nah. If your trading is decent, just go to the Darwinex website and create an account (just search online for their website. Not posting any links before some idiots say I am looking for affiliates chicken change). You can import your history from your current broker or start afresh.. If you get good scores in the attributes they measure, you are good to go. Apart from the around $30m their investors have, the company shares a maximum of €4.5m EVERY month to the top 60 traders for the month. The amount you will get is decided by how much deposit you have and the position you finish.

Funding is now easier than before for Africans too as they now allow credit cards and Skrill to fund. Minimum balance is still $500 though.

Took me just a few months to get over $100,000 in investment with them so you can see why I will never understand these people spamming everywhere looking for who to give them money.

Even if its $100 you have, remove your mind and trade it professionally with forextime or any of these small brokers for a year or so.. Ensure the drawdown is reasonable compared to returns, Take responsible risks, avoid martingale..Then when the money is $500+, withdraw it and send to Darwinex, import your history from the old broker. If you did all I said above and can maintain the discipline indefinitely, I can guarantee that three months from when you joined (performance fees are paid every three months), your first payment will be more than your capital. Then imagine where you will be in a year..This is a long term plan that is worth it..

Really sad to me when I see people putting pressure on themselves to make millions from their tiny <$1,000 account. All I can see is an account that will be crashed sooner or later 90% of the time.

Anyways, I have preached enough.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Benqozenero(m): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2019
what kind of Card works for deposit in Darwinex, is it the normal ATM card?
naira/dollar Card?
Shevychen2:

I don dey show the way since nah. If your trading is decent, just go to the Darwinex website and create an account (just search online for their website. Not posting any links before some idiots say I am looking for affiliates chicken change). You can import your history from your current broker or start afresh.. If you get good scores in the attributes they measure, you are good to go. Apart from the around $30m their investors have, the company shares a maximum of €4.5m EVERY month to the top 60 traders for the month. The amount you will get is decided by how much deposit you have and the position you finish.

Funding is now easier than before for Africans too as they now allow credit cards and Skrill to fund. Minimum balance is still $500 though.

Took me just a few months to get over $100,000 in investment with them so you can see why I will never understand these people spamming everywhere looking for who to give them money.

Even if its $100 you have, remove your mind and trade it professionally with forextime or any of these small brokers for a year or so.. Ensure the drawdown is reasonable compared to returns, Take responsible risks, avoid martingale..Then when the money is $500+, withdraw it and send to Darwinex, import your history from the old broker. If you did all I said above and can maintain the discipline indefinitely, I can guarantee that three months from when you joined (performance fees are paid every three months), your first payment will be more than your capital. Then imagine where you will be in a year..This is a long term plan that is worth it..

Really sad to me when I see people putting pressure on themselves to make millions from their tiny <$1,000 account. All I can see is an account that will be crashed sooner or later 90% of the time.

what kind of Card works for deposit in Darwinex, is it the normal ATM card?
naira/dollar Card?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by coolvibes: 7:51am On Apr 11, 2019
Shevychen2:

Thanks Boss. Super grateful for this.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by redsox11: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2019
Sluggish week, maybe this statement is going to work the market and produce some good move.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 11, 2019
Three things that will re define your trading

1. Emotion control - solution is : use a better capital. Don't borrow money or collect from people to trade.. Learn how to swing trade.. Don't trade everyday

2,..set monthly targets... Follow your plans

3...reduce your pairs . focus on 2 or 3

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 11, 2019
redsox11:
Sluggish week, maybe this statement is going to work the market and produce some good move.

GBP pairs have been a mess of recent ,, no more beautiful trends since this brexit stuff heated up
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by collitexnaira(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2019
Shevychen2:

Thanks for this info. Never new such opportunity exit. I have always have passion
for forex trading, even when i don't know it has so much benefits like this. The more i find out about all these benefits, the more i see forex trading as a career
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AK284(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2019
Sell
USD/JPY @ current market price
Stop loss:111.240
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2019
AntiZombie:

Crude and Dow Jones only

10%+ monthly
how is everyone doing here? una no dey ask for person as an upcoming trader abi?? How u guys coping with ranging and choppy market these days?

@antizombies and GladmanGoddey ,dow jones is not a commodities but indices (or indexes or futures on some platforms). When you learn how to trade dow jones (us30) and nasdaq (us100) , you will know the reasons why world top billionaires market shares are under them and they keep making lots profits year in year out. I always wondered while many traders always overlook them. It may be slow but easy to predict and scalp even from 1mins chat. Have you ever wondered why they are the most quoted stock in wall street? only deep traders understand this.
On the other hand, commodities as asked by GladmanGoddey, they are like cocoa, fruit and sugar (soft commodities ) while crude oil is hard commodities. The soft ones are less traded on the platform because of slow liquidity and seasonal price fluntuations. Many of us want fast money with less patience. So understand the differences.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by AK284(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2019
Shevychen2:

You have talked about this quite a number of times here. The first time I saw it here, I thought it was an exaggeration,but I have checked it, lo and behold it was very real.
Personally I have been working on my account to have a reputable history, like you advised after six months I will switch to Darwinex,they make alot of Sense.The challenge for me is to do my homework well then things will surely flow naturally, hardwork comes before money,Now it's a very serious vocation that requires all your mental and physical resources.
Thanks once again for bringing priceless information to us.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 11, 2019
redsox11:

Yesterday’s news report was good because on GJ, price formed an inverted hammer on daily retracements. Besides May released a video on Twitter why she wants to leave but she wants to leave EU with a deal.

In short the bulls will run soon.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by GladmanGoddey(m): 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
priceaction:

how is everyone doing here? una no dey ask for person as an upcoming trader abi?? How u guys coping with ranging and choppy market these days?

@antizombies and GladmanGoddey ,dow jones is not a commodities but indices (or indexes or futures on some platforms). When you learn how to trade dow jones (us30) and nasdaq (us100) , you will know the reasons why world top billionaires market shares are under them and they keep making lots profits year in year out. I always wondered while many traders always overlook them. It may be slow but easy to predict and scalp even from 1mins chat. Have you ever wondered why they are the most quoted stock in wall street? only deep traders understand this.
On the other hand, commodities as asked by GladmanGoddey, they are like cocoa, fruit and sugar (soft commodities ) while crude oil is hard commodities. The soft ones are less traded on the platform because of slow liquidity and seasonal price fluntuations. Many of us want fast money with less patience. So understand the differences.
I see thank you for educating me i really appreciate, am trying to add more instrument to my trading and not only focus on forex pairs because when market is choopy i cant make any decent profit. This week like this has been very annoying for me, i was only able to profit from gold and all the rest price is just dancing around my entry i dont know what he is waiting for. So to avoid doing some stupid decisions based on emotion i want to add more instrument to my trading list. Can you suggest some to me?

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Shevychen2:

funny enough i built my own trading discipline on larger accounts

cause maybe i was content with a few trades a month

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 by currentprice: 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
JAkpayen:
@Currentprice,

What's the latest on oil price? I'm looking forward to OPEC meeting next week and hoping they boost oil supply so that prices can start falling. We need oil glut.

I'm sorry to Nigerian FG pegging your budget benchmark at $60. We are speculators here and we need money to take care of basic things your are neglecting for us.

my brother oyel is poison to go more higher o,, as we know it not going to move on straight line. it will continuing providing menu falls on the road to the north

grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (339)

Football(+) Betting Season 6 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / MSME Survival Fund Registration: How To Apply As Portal Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.