Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,425 members, 7,958,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:41 AM

The Matter Of Homosexuality - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Matter Of Homosexuality (9462 Views)

Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality / Two Classes Of People Promoting The Abominable Act Of Homosexuality. / "My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
frosbel2:

Total BULLSH1T.

Yes, there are people who feel depressed because of the actions of a few lunatics, but the general and overarching trend is that Homosexuals want this life style to be taught to all children in schools and they also aggressively encourage the government to impose this on society in a sort of ' in your face manner ' . Any difference of opinion is made to sound like homophobia. Eventually people get fed up and 'fight' back.
At least we don't see them bombing and killing people.

They are even minority.

There might be homosexuals who are aggressive or fanatics, we have that in every group in the society.

Homosexuals have been oppressed and killed throughout history and every society, I don't see why they shouldn't protest for their right?

What's wrong with people protesting for their right? What's wrong educating people about sexual orientation?

No wonder we have so much homophobic people.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2019
tintingz:
At least we don't see them bombing and killing people.

They are even minority.

There might be homosexuals who are aggressive or fanatics, we have that in every group in the society.

Homosexuals have been oppressed and killed throughout history and every society, I don't see why they shouldn't protest for their right?

What's wrong with people protesting for their right? What's wrong educating people about sexual orientation?

No wonder we have so much homophobic people.

I don't want my kids educated about Sexual orientation. They are just happy the way they are.
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2019
frosbel2:

I don't want my kids educated about Sexual orientation. They are just happy the way they are.
Keep promoting homophobia.

I once hate homosexuals that I feel like they should never exist until I started reading about sexual orientations. And I changed my views towards homosexuals.

Let's inform our kids everything that's needed to be known.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
tintingz:

I once hate homosexuals that I feel like they should never exist until I started reading about sexual orientations. And I changed my views towards homosexuals.

Now you are intruding in my space - see what I mean ? My kids of course know about different sexual orientations from school but they also know that they prefer to be heterosexual.

Respect others and do your own thing. You guys are beginning to show signs of religious aggression.
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2019
frosbel2:

Now you are intruding in my space - see what I mean ? My kids of course know about different sexual orientations from school but they also know that they prefer to be heterosexual.

Respect others and do your own thing. You guys are beginning to show signs of religious aggression.
Ok.
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by CAPSLOCKED: 5:35pm On Jan 08, 2019
tintingz:

I DIDN'T NEED TO READ ANYTHING TO REALIZE THAT PEOPLE DESERVE LOVE AND THE FREEDOM TO BE HAPPY... ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T POSE ANY THREATS.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by tintingz(m): 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I DIDN'T NEED TO READ ANYTHING TO REALIZE THAT PEOPLE DESERVE LOVE AND THE FREEDOM TO BE HAPPY... ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T POSE ANY THREATS.
We all share different experience, mine has to do with indoctrination and society. You know when someone is ignorant of something such person can behave like barbarian. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

Gay rape is real.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Standozey: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2019
Senseless slowpoke, all you need to do is do some research and read scientific journals so you can understand that some people are born that way. It's not only humans, other mammals practice the act, a simple YouTube video will proof that to you. As an idiot you are, you will never study and learn. Why not go about killing homosexuals like your holy book commands abi you no won obey your God?
Shelumiel:
Shut up ! Idiotic fool . Why not go practice Sodomy and see how dysfunctional your lineage will be
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Shelumiel: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2019
Standozey:
Senseless slowpoke, all you need to do is do some research and read scientific journals so you can understand that some people are born that way. It's not only humans, other mammals practice the act, a simple YouTube video will proof that to you. As an idiot you are, you will never study and learn. Why not go about killing homosexuals like your holy book commands abi you no won obey your God?
It seems your mother slept with her sister to give birth to your sorry ass
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Shelumiel: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2019
Standozey:
It seems your mother slept with her sister to give birth to your sorry ass, right ? Mtchww. ...abeg pack well ! Gay nonsense like you
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Standozey: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2019
I'm not gay. Can't argue with an ignorant ass like you.
Shelumiel:
It seems your mother slept with her sister to give birth to your sorry ass, right ? Mtchww. ...abeg pack well ! Gay nonsense like you
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by MexManuel(m): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
One thing about homophobia is that people utilise religion as a weapon to put their hatred in action.

Understanding homosexuality from a religious viewpoint. Read homosexuality in Christianity and Islam on Wikipedia and then go back to the Holybook and read the reference you would find out (with an open mind) all of these hatred are uncalled for.

The Bible in particular never made direct statements against homosexuals and how they would burn in hell. Rather, the Bible condemned Sodom and Gomorrah due to the various atrocities taking place to which same sex might have been involved.
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Aaronsrod: 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
MexManuel:
The Bible in particular never made direct statements against homosexuals and how they would burn in hell. Rather, the Bible condemned Sodom and Gomorrah due to the various atrocities taking place to which same sex might have been involved.

False Christian!

More lies from the pit of Hell!!

Leviticus 20:13
If a man :also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

We are commanded to put them to death. Their blood must be shed!
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 8:04am On Jan 09, 2019
Michellekabod1:
Halo, how are you doing? Please can i know your take on homosexuality? Just asking..
Read along, you'll get a measure of of my take on easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour

Shelumiel:
Shut up! Idiotic fool. Why not go practice Sodomy and see how dysfunctional your lineage will be
SMH. You really have no idea. You really have no clue what the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was?

MuttleyLaff:
Its you who is possessed and you are infamously known for regularly feeding your demons

Wrong! The Bible never commands such! It's never the christian duty

There is nothing worse about a gay person.
An ignorant and uninformed person is worse than a homophobe
To be ignorant, uninformed person and be a homophobe is the worst

Shelumiel:
You must be foolish. Why not go and practice Sodomy.
You are not wise, clever and smart, if you already dont know that, by your rantings and ravings, with your infamous and uneducative anti-gay posts, by your conduct, especially towards easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour you are practising sodomy
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 8:05am On Jan 09, 2019
frosbel2:
Get a grip Pal.

Nobody here was even remotely bothered about what
Homosexuals do, until homophobia accusations starting flying around because of a difference of opinon. Surely people are entitled to their own opinion?
"These behaviours can be unlearnt, outgrown or in many cases can remain permanent."
- by frosbel2: 12:10pm On Jan 02

People like you frosbel2 become a suspect of homophobia when you start spouting rubbish like as in the above inverted commas quote and be advocating to unlearn something that is innately present and therefore wasnt at all in the first place learnt.

SMH. The greater the ignorance, the greater the homophobia.

Ranchhoddas:
Thank you. If you don't get on their perverse bandwagon, you are termed a homophobe.

Very silly.
You keep pussyfooting around when asked direct and pointed questions. You dont give a direct and outright response to the question, so I will, re-ask again here but in fitting manner with your above remark.

Now Ranchhodas, what is perverse in the lives of two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour?

There are a lot of hypocrites reading, contributing to and commenting on this thread.

Most hypocrites can be excused and Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing, but alas the hypocrite believers and Christians ought to know better. Same hypocrite believers and Christians that love their shrimps, their lobsters, their crabs etcetera which essentially are "vultures" of the sea. Oh, the hypocrite believers and Christians love their delicious catfish, catfish that has no scales, catfish that the Bible classed as an abomination but oh no, the hypocrite believers and Christians are more interested in the lives of two ordinary consenting adults, that are in a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour. Even when God specifically said eating catfish, bush meat shall be an abomination unto you (i.e. Leviticus 11:10, Leviticus 11:11, Leviticus 11:12, Leviticus 11:20 etcetera)

Now, I keep asking the frosbel2, Ranchhoddas, Shelumiel what is disgusting in, what is evil in, what is there to be frightened of, what's to be scared of, what is there to be threatened of or intimidated by, in two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour?

What is the abomination in two ordinary consenting adults, that are in a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour? No one has been able to come forth with what the abomination is, in two ordinary consenting adults, that are in a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 8:05am On Jan 09, 2019
HellVictorinho:
Gay rape is real.
It costed Sodom and Gomorrah their city

MexManuel:
One thing about homophobia is that people utilise religion as a weapon to put their hatred in action.

Understanding homosexuality from a religious viewpoint. Read homosexuality in Christianity and Islam on Wikipedia and then go back to the Holybook and read the reference you would find out (with an open mind) all of these hatred are uncalled for.

Aaronsrod:
False Christian!

More lies from the pit of Hell!!

Leviticus 20:13
If a man :also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

We are commanded to put them to death. Their blood must be shed!
Aaronsrod, and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

Put to death any Israelite that is having a sexual contact of a sexual nature as in sexual intercourse with other men, as a form of orgiastic religious, rite as was practised by neighbouring Canaanities in the land the Israelities inherited is what Leviticus 20:13 is saying

The hebrew word "zakar" (i.e. male) used in Leviticus 20:13 above, is usually a collective term used for men or male persons of all ages, so Leviticus 20:13 is against sexual promiscuity carried out in the name of temple or eligious rites believing such acts will garnish favour and blessings from God to perpetrators of the ritualised orgiastic sexual acts.

Romans 1:18-32, especially verses 24, 26 & 27, is a rehash of Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13, where at, Paul, is echoing what happened around when Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 were issued is prevailing again in his time. Incidentally, India is the last bastion of where that practice of temple male prostitution done by the Canaanites in Leviticus times and by the heathen gentiles in Paul's time is still done. There are extra-biblical records and museum artifacts corroborating this temple male prostitution cult, even the Bible when read in its original textual form before its numerous translations confirms the temple female and male prostitution cult and their promiscuities.

God, in effect, is saying, you are not participating and partaking in these acts on My behalf, I do not approve of the act, you can't obtain favour, blessing or anything good from Me for indulging in this acts because I find the sexual intercourses and other sexual activities performed in the name of religious rite or ritual repulsive. It is not fair, not right, it is an abomination. This deeds and all that sacred sexual rites act, is what God, says it is an abomination to Him. He doesnt find it appealing and doesnt find the thought of anyone believing they can curry favour with or through the act agreeable to

It is the purveyors of those services and those making use of it, that the bible said, should be put to death, when/if found. It isnt at all the death of easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour.

God doesnt find anything disgusting in the lives of two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour, if He did, Jesus had a golden opportunity to say so, but He didnt condemn nor condone the act, He just went about the usual Father's business.

This is no sophistry, my scoffer dear friend Ranchhoddas.

Dont get me wrong Ranchhoddas, I too, I am mystified by the idea of two men prefering themselves and not at all, find God's pièce de résistance sexually attracted to, all that rounding curves and bends, the moulds in the front, back and sides and wow, the blissful, attractive and desirable honeypot, doggone it, thats quite a lot of all woman, they're missing out on there but then I quickly "sọji" realised c'est la vie, and nothing strange with them, we live in an imperfect world afterall, so each loving, caring, truthful, honest, committed and faithful consenting adults in whatever life long sexual relationship there are in, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour to its own
cc: tintingz
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by bahtiyar(m): 8:35am On Mar 12, 2019
[quote author=HellVictorinho post=74443738]

The matter of homosexuality is a very complex topic. It is certainly very difficult to underline the exact reason for this matter. I think that even straight men sometimes practice homosexual activities for interest or lust.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
That is billyonaire for you budaatum, he talks like he's just pulled out of his rear back. You dont need evidence, your hunch is as good as gold

I first, didnt want to take kins25 serious, when he requested "Could you please educate me on the context the above verses portray. I await your response..." but after reading his subsequent comment, I've made up my mind to mention him when I do get to reply to solite3, frosbel2 and HellVictorinho abysmal, bigoted and homophobia responses to the questions I put to them
anyone that doesn't agree to your warped way is bigotted?

Don't try to twist the bible to cover up your antichristian and anti God stance.

God created Adam and Eve as a model for sexual relationship not the satanic concept of homosexual Abomination.
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2019
solite3:
anyone that doesn't agree to your warped way is bigotted?

Don't try to twist the bible to cover up your antichristian and anti God stance.

God created Adam and Eve as a model for sexual relationship not the satanic concept of homosexual Abomination.
Of course, yes, especially someone like you who should know better than to regard and/or treat these members of the human race with hatred and intolerance.

If I should ask you to tell clearly and distinctly, and without prevaricating, say what evil is there, in two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour, I bet you will shy and avoid reply to the question, huh?

You'll go underground and AWOL, if I am to ask you to tell me where in the bible homosexual is abomination, where and when homosexual is a word that is barely 200 years old. I am tired of all you guys who dont properly read the bible, dont rightly divide the word and accurately handle the word of truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by TV01(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
If I should ask you to tell clearly and distinctly, and without prevaricating, say what evil is there, in two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour, I bet you will shy and avoid reply to the question, huh?
Why would anyone shy away from this question? Shrouded in "worldly" wisdom, logic – and jargon - as it is, it presents no real challenge and is easily rebutted on its own terms, let alone biblically.

Why is there a need to qualify such a relationship so heavily? Almost as if to deflect from the intrinsic nature of a "same-sex" relationship, and focus on feelings, intent and motivation. That alone raises a number of questions;

1. How do you independently confirm, in addition to and, apart from testimony from, both parties, that, that is the exact nature of the "relationship"
2. Are SS or any relationships that fall short of your criteria above not moral or sanctified?
3. How do you define and determine harm to another? And why just “to another”? what about the bigger societal picture on what leads to a flourishing society?

And, to answer your question SS relationships are an abomination in the sight of God - evil - and being perverse by their very nature cannot by any means be made “moral” or otherwise sanctified from a Christian perspective.

MuttleyLaff:
You'll go underground and AWOL, if I am to ask you to tell me where in the bible homosexual is abomination, where and when homosexual is a word that is barely 200 years old. I am tired of all you guys who dont properly read the bible, dont rightly divide the word and accurately handle the word of truth.
There are a number of places in the bible - and both testaments - where it is clear that sexual relations between 2 people of the same (and not just for ritual purposes) is considered an abominable act. But let me ask you this.

1. Are SS attraction and SS relationships, part of Gods original creational intent?
2. If you respond yes to #1, could you advise what Gods intent for their unions would be
3. If you respond no to #1, kindly explain when such attraction and relationship appeared and, how we can confirm that God affirms them

I know you won’t shy away

Cheers
TV
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2019
TV01:
Why would anyone shy away from this question?
For once, someone baring his chutzpah made of steel. I hope you don't wince in pains by the time we are done on this interesting subject

Now please tell what the evil is, because you haven't at all answered my question before going on with your hump.

TV01:
Shrouded in "worldly" wisdom, logic – and jargon - as it is, it presents no real challenge and is easily rebutted on its own terms, let alone biblically.
Simply Bible and Spirit wisdom and logic bereft of ignorance and ill-informed jargons

TV01:
Why is there a need to qualify such a relationship so heavily? Almost as if to deflect from the intrinsic nature of a "same-sex" relationship, and focus on feelings, intent and motivation. That alone raises a number of questions
Well, it is to defensively block any space and all rooms for people like you to want to manoeuvre in

TV01:
1. How do you independently confirm, in addition to and, apart from testimony from, both parties, that, that is the exact nature of the "relationship"
By their fruit and entire context of how the question is asked

TV01:
2. Are SS or any relationships that fall short of your criteria above not moral or sanctified?
The entire criteria is relevant and applicable to heterosexual relationships too but those arent part of the discussion, SS is.

TV01:
3. How do you define and determine harm to another? And why just “to another”? what about the bigger societal picture on what leads to a flourishing society
" to another" encompasses and includes the bigger societal picture or wider community or society at large. It defines and determines what a neighbour is

TV01:
And, to answer your question SS relationships are an abomination in the sight of God and being perverse by their very nature cannot by any means be made “moral” or otherwise sanctified from a Christian perspective.
Are you 110% sure of this?
Do you have biblical backing of this ill-informed opinion you are trying to advance?
Are you ready and prepared to see to the end the fallacy of how you're erroneously interpreting, reading and understanding the two famous and well known verses I know you are about to wave around

TV01:
There are a number of places in the bible - and both testaments - where it is clear that sexual relations between 2 people of the same (and not just for ritual purposes) is considered an abominable act. But let me ask you this
1/ Why is it an abominable act then?
2/ To whom, specifically, is it an abomination?

TV01:
1. Are SS attraction and SS relationships, part of Gods original creational intent?
There are quite a lot of things that aren't part of God's original plan. Case in point, human being body with two heads, human beings with more than one type of genetilia etcetera. We live in an imperfect world, you seem to forget

TV01:
2. If you respond yes to #1, could you advise what Gods intent for their unions would be
Live life, accept what you are and exactly be all what is mentioned in the question

TV01:
3. If you respond no to #1, kindly explain when such attraction and relationship appeared
After the ground got cursed, abnormalities and whatnot soon reared their heads because the Pandora box was opened

TV01:
I know you won’t shy away
You know me, I am in love already and loving this

TV01:
Cheers
TV
Bottoms up. Let's do this often and so put the devil and liars to shame

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Of course, yes, especially someone like you who should know better than to regard and/or treat the members of the human race with hatred and intolerance.

If I should ask you to tell [b]clearly and distinctly, and without prevaricating, say what evil is there, in two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour, I bet you will shy and avoid reply to the question, huh?[/b]

I hate going in circles. mr mutty you are weird. How do you come to the conclusion that I HATE HOMOSEXUALS?

God hates homosexuality and called it abomination

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Jesus reiterated God's plan for sexual union

Matthew 19:4
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

God made sex for procreation.

God never created anyone homosexual, it is the result of the sin nature of man.

Paul records that homosexuality is as a result of depravity and a rejection of the knowledge of God.

Romans 1:25-28 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

muttylaff is not what humans want but what the will of God is.

human way no matter how elaborate, innocent, nice and harmless it may be, but the end of it is death.

Proverbs 16:2
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

I
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by TV01(m): 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
For once, someone baring his chutzpah made of steel. I hope you don't wince in pains by the time we are done on this interesting subject
Pain from revealed truth is ultimately that of growth and edification. But please calm yourself, this is not a 12 round professional championship fight. More like amateur novice level.

MuttleyLaff:
Now please tell what the evil is, because you haven't at all answered my question before going on with your hump.
SS physical intimacy is an abomination and against nature, as clearly stated. It’s against Gods will ergo, sinful and evil.

MuttleyLaff:
Simply Bible and Spirit wisdom and logic bereft of ignorance and ill-informed jargons
Well, it is to defensively block any space and all rooms for people like you to want to manoeuvre in
No, what it is, is obfuscation, designed to draw attention from the nature of the thing and deflect attention to peoples desires and feelings around it. And, you are looking for avenues in which to take the discussion, when it is simply “are SS intimate relationships moral and biblically sanctified”.

MuttleyLaff:
By their fruit and entire context of how the question is asked
Again, you are trying to wrap this in a pretty package and present the packaging itself as the determinant in whether the contents are good or bad, holy or evil.

MuttleyLaff:
The entire criteria is relevant and applicable to heterosexual relationships too but those are part of the discussion, SS is.
Fine. However, no one demands those when discussing OS relationships or unions. Why, if you consider SS relationships equivalent, are you introducing additional burdens?

MuttleyLaff:
" to another" encompasses and includes the bigger societal picture or wider community or society at large. It defines an determines what a neighbour is
Fine, although a minor point

MuttleyLaff:
Are you 110% sure of this?
Do you have biblical backing of this ill-informed opinion you are trying to advance?
Are you ready and prepared to see to the end the fallacy of how you're erroneously interpreting, reading and understanding the two famous and well known verses I know you are about to wave around
Yes, yes, and, if you are able, please do so.

MuttleyLaff:
1/ Why is it an abominable act then?
2/ To whom, specifically, is it an abomination?
Because sexual intercourse was designed as an act of congress between male and female. It is abominable to all. God, people and right ordered society

MuttleyLaff:
There are quite a lot of things that aren't part of God's original plan. Case in point, human being body with two heads, human beings with more than one type of genetilia etcetera. We live in an imperfect world, you seem to forget
Firstly, such imperfections, be that of the body or behaviour are called what they are. Secondly, I can’t tell, is this a yes or a no to SSA and SSR? Are they part of Gods original plan? Shying away already grin.

MuttleyLaff:
Live life, accept what you are and exactly be all what is mentioned in the question
This pre-supposes a “yes” to my first question. Are you saying God ascribes sanctity to SS relationships – with or without your heavy qualification?

MuttleyLaff:
After the ground got cursed, abnormalities and whatnot soon reared their heads because the Pandora box was opened
This indicates a “no” to the first question Was SSA and SSR as a result of this Pandoras box of abnormalities and curses being opened?

MuttleyLaff:
You know me, ]I am in love already and loving this
It’s not about the feeling, which appears to be an early point of departure for you. It’s about the facts and the truth.

MuttleyLaff:
Bottoms up. Let's do this often and so put the devil and liars to shame
+ ignorant join!

Cheers
TV

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by TV01(m): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
The terms:
Nobody is a “homosexual” as in a type of person. Human beings are - created - functionally male and female, and not in any ontological sense different types of male and female. Secondly, nobody is “gay” as in, has an identity of being “gay”.

The terms gay, heterosexual, homosexual, lesbian, trans etc. while potentially useful for discussion, will be avoided where possible and, are nothing more than social constructs, with no backing in law or biology.

People may be SSA or in SSR, but this is behaviour and actions. There is nothing “innate” or congenital about this. And, even if a link could be proven in part or in whole, biology does not determine morality.

The Bible:
Is clear, from OT to NT. Physical intimacy between SS humans is an abomination. There is no getting around that. No matter how one tries to minimise, deflect or cry hypocrisy.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (note v23 brackets this with bestiality. Further note that v24 that clearly states it is to defile oneself)

Leviticus 22:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

I’m happy to hear explanations as to what occurred inter-testamentally, or as a result of the saving work of our Lord that transmutes an abomination and being defiled into something holy and sanctified? Is bestiality now sanctified and holy?

In the New testament it is clear. In the run up to verse 26 of Romans 1, the narrative is unquestionably describing how the thoughts of those who turn away form God ultimately become darkened, with one of the inevitable outcomes being uncleanness and lust driven behaviour, evidenced by SS intimacy.

Indeed, God himself give such over to these “vile affections”. In both verses 26 and 27, this vile affection is clearly shown to be a change in the natural (creational) use, due to an uncontrollable burning lust (it’s not innate, but can be deeply driven). The very mind becomes reprobate, as they force out any notion of God and honouring Him from their minds. It's Judgement!!!

I could go on, with references to strange flesh and the like. But will cut to another point before I close this post. The bible is clear on SS intimacy. It is also clear that In Christ, God has made a way out of this mindset, out of this burning, out of this uncleanness and unnatural behaviour, and back to Him.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind...

...11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I would question how one who describes himself as honest, let alone a Christian, can read anything else into or, out of scripture. No matter how sympathetic, no matter how closely affected.

Further, it has to be questioned, in the light of scripture and the saving work of our Lord, how any Christian can champion SS intimacy as moral and sanctified, and acceptable in Gods sight. More so, when it is described as abominable, defiled and indicated as a form of judgement.

It is clear from the Romans 1 passage, which I have added below for completeness, that not only is this about a rejection of God – and not imagined differences between “loving unions” and temple rituals, or meaningless differences between the penetrated and the penetrator. That’s it’s about turning away from a natural (or creational) use to something deviant.

Romans 1
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Cheers
TV

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2019
TV01:
The terms:
Nobody is a “homosexual” as in a type of person. Human beings are functionally male and female, and not in any ontological sense different types of male and female. Secondly, nobody is “gay” as in, has an identity of being “gay”.

The terms gay, heterosexual, homosexual, lesbian, trans etc. while potentially useful for discussion, will be avoided where possible and, are nothing more than social constructs, with no backing in law or biology.

People may be SSA or in SSR, but this is behaviour and actions. There is nothing “innate” or congenital about this. And, even if a link could be proven in part or in whole, biology does not determine morality.

The Bible:
Is clear, from OT to NT. Physical intimacy between SS humans is an abomination. There is no getting around that. No matter how one tries to minimise, deflect or cry hypocrisy.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (note v23 brackets this with bestiality. Further note that v24 that clearly states it is to defile oneself)

Leviticus 22:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

I’m happy to hear explanations as to what occurred inter-testamentally, or as a result of the saving work of our Lord that transmutes an abomination and being defiled into something holy and sanctified? Is bestiality now sanctified and holy?

In the New testament it is clear. In the run up to verse 26 of Romans 1, the narrative is unquestionably describing how the thoughts of those who turn away form God ultimately become darkened, with one of the inevitable outcomes being uncleanness and lust driven behaviour, evidenced by SS intimacy.

Indeed, God himself give such over to these “vile affections”. In both verses 26 and 27, this vile affection is clearly shown to be a change in the natural (creational) use, due to an uncontrollable burning lust (it’s not innate, but can be deeply driven). The very mind becomes reprobate, as they force out any notion of God and honouring Him from their minds. It's Judgement!!!

I could go on, with references to strange flesh and the like. But will cut to another point before I close this post. The bible is clear on SS intimacy. It is also clear that In Christ, God has made a way out of this mindset, out of this burning, out of this uncleanness and unnatural behaviour, and back to Him.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind...

...11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I would question how one who describes himself as honest, let alone a Christian, can read anything else into or, out of scripture. No matter how sympathetic, no matter how closely affected.

Further, it has to be questioned, in the light of scripture and the saving work of our Lord, how any Christian can champion SS intimacy as moral and sanctified, and acceptable in Gods sight. More so, when it is described as abominable, defiled and indicated as a form of judgement.

It is clear from the Romans 1 passage, which I have added below for completeness, that not only is this about a rejection of God – and not imagined differences between “loving unions” and temple rituals, or meaningless differences between the penetrated and the penetrator. That’s it’s about turning away from a natural (or creational) use to something deviant.

Romans 1
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Cheers
TV
on point
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
solite3:
I hate going in circles. mr mutty you are weird. How do you come to the conclusion that I HATE HOMOSEXUALS?
solite3, please dont get your knickers in a knot over something as obvious as this now. Tell me, and that is if you are going to be honest, sincere and truthful, is there nothing in and/or about being homosexual you hate, huh? See?

solite3:
God hates homosexuality and called it abomination
I still dont understand where you guys find that God hates homosexuality and called it abomination. Are you 110% sure, are you really sure the verses you had in mind absolutely said this, huh?

solite3:
Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
I remember last year, asking you that, what does the original word (i.e. toevah) translated as "abomination" means and in what context is it, used with Leviticus 18:22 & Leviticus 20:13 but you dodged that question without replying to it. See now how, you can run from a question but you cant run for ever and hide from it. You are my customer daada ni

solite3:
Jesus reiterated God's plan for sexual union

Matthew 19:4
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

God made sex for procreation.

God never created anyone homosexual, it is the result of the sin nature of man.
We know all these, but yeah, its here, what we and you going to do about two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour, huh?

solite3, you continually refuse and still havent said what the evil is in two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour.

solite3:
Paul records that homosexuality is as a result of depravity and a rejection of the knowledge of God.
You this man, you have started with your proof texting again. Please provide this verse where and when Paul records that homosexuality is as a result of depravity and a rejection of the knowledge of God.

solite3:
Romans 1:25-28 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
You want to hear word, isnt it, and that hear word, I'll give you.

Now you would accept and agree that there was no such thing as woman lying with woman in Old Testament Biblical records, erh?

Fast forward to New Testament Biblical records, and boom! What have we? Women, now too, are doing the female equivalent of, man lying down with man. Women have joined gang. Have left ordinarily being a shrine prostitute, for services of just men, but now offering the similar service for female patrons too

So what is happening and/or what happened in Romans 1:25-28?
Well, for your information solite3, Romans 1:18-32, especially verses 24, 26 & 27 is a rehash of Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 with a twist

Paul, with Romans 1:18-32, especially verses 24, 26 & 27, is echoing what happened around when Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 were given. He then added the twist (i.e. Romans 1:26b: ... for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature) which is, the women too, have joined to be participants in the ongoing "detestable customs practised"

solite3:
muttylaff is not what humans want but what the will of God is.

human way no matter how elaborate, innocent, nice and harmless it may be, but the end of it is death.

Proverbs 16:2
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
solite3, there is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by MuttleyLaff: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
TV01:
Pain from revealed truth is ultimately that of growth and edification. But please calm yourself, this is not a 12 round professional championship fight. More like amateur novice level.
No pain, no gain and we soon shall see

TV01:
SS physical intimacy is an abomination and against nature, as clearly stated. It’s against Gods will ergo, sinful and evil.
An opinion advanced by you because of your presuppositions, intolerances, agendas, and/or biases.

What is sin and evil in and with two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour, huh?

TV01:
No, what it is, is obfuscation, designed to draw attention from the nature of the thing and deflect attention to peoples desires and feelings around it. And, you are looking for avenues in which to take the discussion, when it is simply “are SS intimate relationships moral and biblically sanctified”.
You either are trying to be machiavellian or maybe you really dont know the meaning of obfuscation. No one, not a sane and rational person, will ever accuse me of obscuring. I've made the question, very easy and simple, to understand

TV01:
Again, you are trying to wrap this in a pretty package and present the packaging itself as the determinant in whether the contents are good or bad, holy or evil.
You rather and prefer, I present a promicuous, cheating, dishonest, harmful, sexually transmitted disease huh? Remember, the entire criteria is relevant to heterosexual relationships too but though applicable to them, they unfortunately arent part of the discussion, it's SS that is.

TV01:
Fine. However, no one demands those when discussing OS relationships or unions. Why, if you consider SS relationships equivalent, are you introducing additional burdens?
If you really a good student of the word, you will ask of those qualities in heterosexual relationships too, just as in with a SS realtionship, that's between two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour.

TV01:
Fine, although a minor point
There is nothing like a minor point when it comes to neighbour. C'mon, you should know that much

TV01:
Yes, yes, and, if you are able, please do so.
What are you waiting for. Are you expecting me to grovel at your feet begging you to provide evidences of the biblical backing ni? C'mon chop-chop. Spill the beans and drop it like its hot

TV01:
Because sexual intercourse was designed as an act of congress between male and female. It is abominable to all. God, people and right ordered society
Please next time number your answers, so I know which question you replied to, OK?

TV01:
Firstly, such imperfections, be that of the body or behaviour are called what they are. Secondly, I can’t tell, is this a yes or a no to SSA and SSR? Are they part of Gods original plan? Shying away already grin.
You dont seem to get it, we have gone past God's original creational intent. Gods' original creational intent was before the fall in Eden

TV01:
This pre-supposes a “yes” to my first question. Are you saying God ascribes sanctity to SS relationships – with or without your heavy qualification?
If within those remit, you are good to go and God might even heal your partner, if so happens, to be ill and/or sick

TV01:
This indicates a “no” to the first question Was SSA and SSR as a result of this Pandoras box of abnormalities and curses being opened?
Human being body with two heads, human beings with more than one type of Instruments etcetera are as a result of after the ground got cursed, then abnormalities and whatnot soon reared their heads because the Pandora box was opened but life goes on

TV01:
It’s not about the feeling, which appears to be an early point of departure for you. It’s about the facts and the truth.
Exactly. Enjoying and loving the facts and truth dispelling the blinkers. One day the monkey will go to the market and it will not come back.

TV01:
Cheers
TV
Bottoms up!

1 Like

Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Aaronsrod: 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"These behaviours can be unlearnt, outgrown or in many cases can remain permanent."
- by frosbel2: 12:10pm On Jan 02

People like you frosbel2 become a suspect of homophobia when you start spouting rubbish like as in the above inverted commas quote and be advocating to unlearn something that is innately present and therefore wasnt at all in the first place learnt.

SMH. The greater the ignorance, the greater the homophobia.

You keep pussyfooting around when asked direct and pointed questions. You dont give a direct and outright response to the question, so I will, re-ask again here but in fitting manner with your above remark.

Now Ranchhodas, what is perverse in the lives of two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour?

There are a lot of hypocrites reading, contributing to and commenting on this thread.

Most hypocrites can be excused and Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing, but alas the hypocrite believers and Christians ought to know better. Same hypocrite believers and Christians that love their shrimps, their lobsters, their crabs etcetera which essentially are "vultures" of the sea. Oh, the hypocrite believers and Christians love their delicious catfish, catfish that has no scales, catfish that the Bible classed as an abomination but oh no, the hypocrite believers and Christians are more interested in the lives of two ordinary consenting adults, that are in a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour. Even when God specifically said eating catfish, bush meat shall be an abomination unto you (i.e. Leviticus 11:10, Leviticus 11:11, Leviticus 11:12, Leviticus 11:20 etcetera)

Now, I keep asking the frosbel2, Ranchhoddas, Shelumiel what is disgusting in, what is evil in, what is there to be frightened of, what's to be scared of, what is there to be threatened of or intimidated by, in two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour?

What is the abomination in two ordinary consenting adults, that are in a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour? No one has been able to come forth with what the abomination is, in two ordinary consenting adults, that are in a caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving, lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour

Fool!!

If we see this people walking freely and we do not kill them as the Bible commands us to do, the evil spirits which possess them will travel from them to us and turn all Africa men gay.

This is part of Satans Master Plan to destroy Black people.

Na waa!!
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Lightangel65: 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
Gay and homosexuality is wrong, but we have no right to put them to death, why kill people when you cannot create a life. It's better for God to do the judgement.
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
solite3, please dont get your knickers in a knot over something as obvious as this now. Tell me, and that is if you are going to be honest, sincere and truthful, is there nothing in and/or about being homosexual you hate, huh? See?
Are you in bondage to homosexuality or you know of anyone in that sin ? God can save you, yes he can! I don't hate homosexuals but rather I seek the salvation of their souls. the power that brought dead Lazarus back to life can save you from any sin but first stop justifying it. Turn to Jesus Christ for your deliverance.

I still dont understand where you guys find that God hates homosexuality and called it abomination. Are you 110% sure, are you really sure the verses you had in mind absolutely said this, huh?
Here you go again! you read it yourself

I remember last year, asking you that, what does the original word (i.e. toevah) translated as "abomination" means and in what context is it, used with Leviticus 18:22 & Leviticus 20:13 but you dodged that question without replying to it. See now how, you can run from a question but you cant run for ever and hide from it. You are my customer daada ni
ok I probably didnt read it! yea here is the what you seek;
. The English word "abomination" refers to a thing which is revolting, repugnant, disgusting. An abomination is something that you back away from with horror or dread. It is something so revolting that it causes you to vomit. This is the idea which is expressed in English with the word "abomination," and I have found that this is the same concept which is expressed in Hebrew with the word "toebah."
There are many passages of Scripture which use the word "toebah" in a manner that does not refer to pagan temple practices but rather to things that are revolting. For example:
Deut 24:4 says that it is "toebah" for a woman to divorce one husband, marry a second husband, and then divorce the second husband and remarry the first. This passage has nothing to do with pagan temple practices. It is merely describing something that God finds disgusting.
Deut 25:16 uses the word "toebah" in reference to cheating someone in the marketplace. The context has nothing at all to do with pagan temple practices. It is simply describing something revolting to God.

Psalm 88:8 speaks of God making a man a "toebah" to his own acquaintances, even while he was calling upon the Lord for deliverance. Would God actually make someone become involved in pagan temple practices?

Prov 11:1 refers back to Deut 25:16 and repeats the fact that unjust practices in the marketplace are "toebah" to God. There is nothing here about pagan temple practices. The same could be said of Prov 20:10 and 20:23.

If "toebah" refers to pagan temple practices, then Prov 13:19 becomes nonsensical. This verse speaks of a fool's revulsion to departing from evil. It has nothing to do with pagan temple practices.

Similarly, Prov 29:27 would mean that the upright are pagan temple practices to the wicked if that is the proper understanding of "toebah." It is much more sensible to view this passage as saying that the righteous are revolting to the wicked.

And when we consider the use of the word “taab” which is the verb form of "toebah," the meaning of revolting, repugnant and disgusting becomes even more apparent. For example:
If "taab" means "to make like or view as a pagan temple practice," then Deut 7:26 would essentially be telling the Jews to not bring a pagan temple practice into their homes but rather view it as a pagan temple practice. It makes much more sense to understand this verse as saying that the Jews were not to bring something revolting to God into their homes but were instead to view all such things as revolting to themselves also.

Deut 23:7 would make no sense at all if "taab" were to be translated as "to make like a pagan temple practice." Did God really feel the need to tell the Jews not to view the Edomites and the Egyptians as pagan temple practices? Or did He actually tell them that they should not view the Edomites and the Egyptians with revulsion or disgust?

And what could Job 9:31 possibly mean if "taab" refers to making something a pagan temple practice? Could Job's clothes really treat him in that manner, or is he instead saying that he had become revolting?

And what of Job 19:19? Jobs inward friends turned against him by viewing him as someone disgusting and by staying away from him rather than by viewing him as a pagan temple practice.
The pagan temple practice view of the word "taab" would make Psalm 107:18 say that fools draw near to death because they view eating meat as a pagan temple practice, but viewing "taab" as meaning "revolting, repugnant or disgusting" would make a lot more sense.
Isa 49:7 uses "taab" to speak of the pagan nations finding Jesus disgusting. It makes no sense whatsoever to say that the pagan nations found Jesus to be a pagan temple practice.
Similarly, Amos 5:10 and Micah 3:9 both speak of the wicked viewing the righteous and God's judgement as something repugnant and revolting. Neither passage would make sense if this term referred to pagan temple practices.
These passages and many more reveal to us that the Hebrew word "toebah" does not refer to pagan temple practices as many defenders of homosexuality claim. It is true that many of the uses of "toebah" in the Bible occur within the context of pagan temple practices, but that is because many of these practices (such as tossing living children into a fire to be burned to death) are repugnant and disgusting in and of themselves. The association with paganism is incidental to the revulsion.

It makes much more sense to view "toebah" as a reference to something revolting, repugnant or disgusting, and this is how the term has been consistently understood for thousands of years. The claim that it refers to pagan temple practices is merely an ad hoc response from the modern homosexual movement to passages describing homosexual intercourse as "toebah." In reality, these passages are claiming that such intercourse is revolting, and so it is.

We know all these, but yeah, its here, what we and you going to do about two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour, huh?
fornication can between two consenting two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal relationship but not married yet it is a sin!

solite3, you continually refuse and still havent said what the evil is in two easy going, ordinary consenting adults, minding their own businesses enjoying a life long caring, faithful, committed, truthful, honest, loving each other lasting that's life-long and loyal same-sex relationship, that has no detriment to another person, no betrayal of another person, or no cheating on another person, and not harmful to an object or neighbour.

You this man, you have started with your proof texting again. Please provide this verse where and when Paul records that homosexuality is as a result of depravity and a rejection of the knowledge of God.

You want to hear word, isnt it, and that hear word, I'll give you.

Now you would accept and agree that there was no such thing as woman lying with woman in Old Testament Biblical records, erh?

Fast forward to New Testament Biblical records, and boom! What have we? Women, now too, are doing the female equivalent of, man lying down with man. Women have joined gang. Have left ordinarily being a shrine prostitute, for services of just men, but now offering the similar service for female patrons too
read the above article on toeba
women lying down with women were not uncommon around those territories surrounding Israel, God uses the practices of the pagans that that were practiced around to teach the Israelites something.

So what is happening and/or what happened in Romans 1:25-28?
Well, for your information solite3, Romans 1:18-32, especially verses 24, 26 & 27 is a rehash of Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 with a twist

Paul, with Romans 1:18-32, especially verses 24, 26 & 27, is echoing what happened around when Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 were given. He then added the twist (i.e. Romans 1:26b: ... for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature) which is, the women too, have joined to be participants in the ongoing "detestable customs practised"
Mr muttylaff God didnt create anyone a homo, Homosexuality is as a result of a degenerate society that rejects God.

solite3, there is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.
you can't be in christ and be sinner.
Re: The Matter Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
I don't support the death of homosexuals or any sinner. christ died for them too, they deserve to be set free and live a free life.

Jesus didnt condemn that woman caught in adultery but he condemned sin in all ramification.
the problem many are supporting sin and justifying their sin.

the thief on the cross never justified his sin he said

Luke 23:41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

you don't go about justifying your sinning, God will not hear you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? / What Does Heaven Look Like? / Why The 'Daddy' Craze In Our Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.