Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? (9324 Views)

Entering A Terrible Convenant With Satan By Singing Dorobucci / My Encounter With Satan / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by drake99: 11:03am On Apr 05, 2012
An atheist friend of mine so much belief that God does not exist, but when something happens he will shout "OH MY GOD" sometimes he shout chinekemeee, yet he will defend it by saying its just a word so I always let him win, yesterday he was talking about church of satan and I asked him "I taught you don't belief in GOD's existance then why satan? He said atheists only disagree with GOD's existance not devil's, pls how true is that?..... I need atheists to answer this
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by mkmyers45(m): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2012
He is a joke. atheism is non-belief in deities and satan is a deity. Shouting sentences containing the word God are most times sub-concous

4 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by harakiri(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2012
drake99: An atheist friend of mine so much belief that God does not exist, but when something happens he will shout "OH MY GOD" sometimes he shout chinekemeee, yet he will defend it by saying its just a word so I always let him win, yesterday he was talking about church of satan and I asked him "I taught you don't belief in GOD's existance then why satan? He said atheists only disagree with GOD's existance not devil's, pls how true is that?..... I need atheists to answer this

I was raised in a deeply religious household and there are times when i make such comments subconsciously e.g "Good god" or "Good lord" or "What in god's name is wrong with you" etc. These are things that are already embedded in me and even though they don't recur as often as before, it does happen from time to time. That doesn't mean i believe in such things but it's already a part of me.

For instance, there are times when Christians curse each other and say "Go to hell" without knowing/meaning what they are saying. It's like that. Furthermore, anyone who has belief in Satan or any deity is NOT an Atheist. Atheism is simply the disbelief in supernatural forces and religion in general.

Period! ! !

4 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by mazaje(m): 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2012
Satan is another mythical construct. . .Atheist do NOT believe in satan. . .

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by Enigma(m): 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
@OP

I'm aware of at least one atheist on this forum who believes in juju. I think it was the thieves sweeping with brooms or pouring water into a basket thing.

cool
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by tellwisdom: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2012
I no fit shout undecided undecided
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by hrhobi1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2012
anybody who doesn't believe in God Jehovah Elohim ,Jehovah El-swagger is blinded by satan.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by harakiri(m): 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2012
hrhobi1: anybody who doesn't believe in God Jehovah Elohim ,Jehovah El-swagger is blinded by satan.

And how do you know this?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by eghost247(m): 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2012
Subscribing
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by Enigma(m): 1:54pm On Apr 05, 2012
By the way, a possible variant of the question in the OP is whether atheists, especially evangelical atheists, believe that there is such a thing as evil!

cool
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by maclatunji: 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2012
mkmyers45: He is a joke. atheism is non-belief in deities and satan is a deity. Shouting sentences containing the word God are most times sub-concous

LWKMD, there is nothing like a subconscious, prove to me there is a subconscious. tongue
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by aboyaji(m): 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2012
i thought the people who are supposed to respond this post should be atheists. I am proud to be a christian. Just follow me to the church and have your eyes opened to the promises of GOD to man.

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by hrhobi1(m): 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2012
harakiri:

And how do you know this?

God says in Hosea 4:6, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." If we don’t know what God says, we are going to be destroyed or lost for our lack of knowledge. It is sad to say but the vast majority of people are illiterate of God’s word. They don’t really know what the Bible says., So my friend Harakiri, you are blinded By SATAN LUCIFER DEVIL ESU.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by moderattor: 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2012
sub concious ko
subtancious ni
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by Mavrick2012: 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2012
If "God created everythin" dat mins he equaly creatd "satan".d foundamentalist argue dat God creatd satan clean but satan became "corupted",for goodnes sake how can satan 4m no where sudenly bcom curupted(wen "evil" existd nowhere in d whole univers),wat it mins is dat God depositd evil insid him(since satan couldnt hav conjure evil 4m nowhere),i.e God can deposit evil, God creatd evil,God contains evil,God is evil.to cut d whol story short,d concept of d origin of evil in satan is logicaly absurd,so i dnt believ in bot.
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by hrhobi1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2012
[When people are ignorant of God’s directions on how He is to be worshipped, they wander in spiritual darkness. Our Lord says in Matthew 15:14, "And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into the ditch." We must first have a desire to know the truth of God's will and then be willing to change when we find we are wrong and are not worshipping according to His truth. Jesus says in John 8:32, "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." Only the truth can make us free, otherwise we are still under the bondage of sin. We may be sincere in our worship, and we must be, but if we do not worship God "in truth", that is as God directs, then our worship will be vain and unacceptable to God.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by mkmyers45(m): 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
Mavrick2012: If "God created everythin" dat mins he equaly creatd "satan".d foundamentalist argue dat God creatd satan clean but satan became "corupted",for goodnes sake how can satan 4m no where sudenly bcom curupted(wen "evil" existd nowhere in d whole univers),wat it mins is dat God depositd evil insid him(since satan couldnt hav conjure evil 4m nowhere),i.e God can deposit evil, God creatd evil,God contains evil,God is evil.to cut d whol story short,d concept of d origin of evil in satan is logicaly absurd,so i dnt believ in bot.
The thing perplex me ooo
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by hrhobi1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2012
Mavrick2012: If "God created everythin" dat mins he equaly creatd "satan".d foundamentalist argue dat God creatd satan clean but satan became "corupted",for goodnes sake how can satan 4m no where sudenly bcom curupted(wen "evil" existd nowhere in d whole univers),wat it mins is dat God depositd evil insid him(since satan couldnt hav conjure evil 4m nowhere),i.e God can deposit evil, God creatd evil,God contains evil,God is evil.to cut d whol story short,d concept of d origin of evil in satan is logicaly absurd,so i dnt believ in bot.

Isaiah 45:7 states that God is in fact the very one who created evil. However, we will see that the verse really speaks of God’s creating of this ability to choose. Notice the parallelism between the forming/making of light/peace and also creating darkness/evil. Thus according to the verse, God is in fact the one who created “evil”.

I form the light, and create (בֹורֵ֣א) darkness:

I make peace, and create (בֹורֵ֣א) evil (ra’ רָ֑ע):

I the LORD do all these things, (Isaiah 45:7 KJV).

My Brother my friend maverick, fear God , and worship him in truth and you shall be set free from your current bondage.

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by mkmyers45(m): 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2012
hrhobi1:

God says in Hosea 4:6, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." If we don’t know what God says, we are going to be destroyed or lost for our lack of knowledge. It is sad to say but the vast majority of people are illiterate of God’s word. They don’t really know what the Bible says., So my friend Harakiri, you are blinded By SATAN LUCIFER DEVIL ESU.
Quiet! make we hear word. No be God create lucifer?
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by mkmyers45(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
maclatunji:

LWKMD, there is nothing like a subconscious, prove to me there is a subconscious. tongue
Ever heard of fight and flight? Sleepwalking? Dreaming?
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by maclatunji: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
mkmyers45: Ever heard of fight and flight? Sleepwalking? Dreaming?

Ever heard of freewill and then there's Free Willy as well. grin
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by hrhobi1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2012
So who is Satan according to the Scriptures? The Bible teaches that Satan is the adversary or foe of every Christian. He is the initiator of sin in the Garden of Eden and he is the Antichrist which everyone fears will be a human being of super magnitude. He is the progenitor of false gospels along with being the progenitor of false teachers. He does not have the authority to do as he pleases as he is still under the authority of God and the Lord Jesus Christ. He is not omnipotent nor omniscient and does not possess the ability to indwell a believer since the Holy Spirit indwells the believer. The Bible also portrays him as a defeated foe which has been judged and will be cast into the lake of fire for eternity on the last day along with unbelievers. One grand scheme Satan has is to deny his own existence which, if successful, will free him up to do his work of deception. Remember during the early years of the FBI when J. Edgar Hoover refused to believe the Mafia existed? His refusal to acknowledge their existence for many years allowed them to become very strong and well entrenched in many areas of society. So this is Satan’s strategy also. If he can convince people he does not exist, he will become strongly entrenched in the world and not only the world, but in the church as well, where many are denying his existence already.

HRH OBI1
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by Ojukwu24(m): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2012
Did someone say subconscious? Na wah o. I just pray you know what you are doing. If you don't believe in God, then everything God should be wiped from your subconscious and let what should remain there be your unbelief. But I want you to stop deceiving yourself and seek the truth about God.

You don't believe God but He is still in your subconscious. I no fit shout! cheesy
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by hrhobi1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
mkmyers45: Quiet! make we hear word. No be God create lucifer?

READ MY POSTS ABOVE, STUDY THEM CAREFULLY, IT WOULD ALLEVIATE YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by Emylexray(m): 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2012
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
There is GOD!
*SMH*
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by jackkyy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
Ojukwu24: Did someone said subconscious? Na wah o. I just pray you know what you are doing. If you don't believe in God, then everything God should be wiped from your subconscious and let what should remain there be your unbelief. But I want you to stop deceiving yourself and seek the truth about God.

You don't believe God but He is still in your subconscious. I no fit shout! cheesy

this your first sentence get as e beoo! e dey make obama lose focus for hereoo!
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by pafm247: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
Atheists: Sick people!

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2012
Thank God for showing me the right path in life.
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by kuss: 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2012
THE PEOPLE THAT RUN NAIRALAND ARE ATHEISTS[/size][size=8pt][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by POTUT(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2012
I began replying to an earlier post. Halfway, I found out I had written a lot and people for which I was writing could sleep off reading it. So I summarized it below:

The person who says there is no God (sovereign Creator of the Universe whose powers, wisdom and understanding are infinite and who is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent) is like one who believes the world did not exist until he was born.

I was born in 1978, sometimes I wonder with awe and reverence that all the activities in the world prior to 1978 went on without my presence. Where was I then? My inner man which forms the basis of my understanding. When I die, where will all that understanding go to?

Another grand question I have for atheists is this: what do you do differently from Christians (or anyone else who believes in the existence of God)?
Will you kill? Will you rape? Will you give birth and not feed and nurture your baby? Would you take another man's estate just because you are stronger than him? Would you do other vices? If there is something restraining you from doing that apart from the law, what is that thing? What do you think it is?
I am waiting for an answer...which will lead us to my next question. BTW, there is nothing wrong with being an atheist, as long as you ask questions. The questions you ask will lead you to the illuminating light. We all need to be illuminated at some point in our lives.
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
drake99: An atheist friend of mine so much belief that God does not exist, but when something happens he will shout "OH MY GOD" sometimes he shout chinekemeee, yet he will defend it by saying its just a word so I always let him win, yesterday he was talking about church of satan and I asked him "I taught you don't belief in GOD's existance then why satan? He said atheists only disagree with GOD's existance not devil's, pls how true is that?..... I need atheists to answer this

Your friend is a confused atheist. The metaphysical constructs of 'God' and 'Satan' are fundamentally related and mutually inclusive; if one does not exist, then there would be no basis for the other to exist. In the same vein, if you do not believe in one, you necessarily do not believe in the other. Since God and Satan are both supernatural entities whose origins (in theory) are traceable to the same theological and epistemological source(s), it is illogical to believe that one exists and the other does not exist. If a person claims to doubt God's existence and yet expresses a belief in Satan's existence, it simply implies, as counterintuitive as it may seem, that he believes in the 'God' construct (i.e. an immortal supernatural entity) - just that he prefers to believe that Lucifer (as opposed to Jehovah) is indeed God. . .or so it seems #confused face#

Well, I am also as confused as you are, but then, that goes to show how illogical your friend's viewpoint is.
Re: Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? by Koolking(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2012
Ojukwu24: Did someone said subconscious? Na wah o. I just pray you know what you are doing. If you don't believe in God, then everything God should be wiped from your subconscious and let what should remain there be your unbelief. But I want you to stop deceiving yourself and seek the truth about God.

Just imagine the hypocrisy of atheism. Let they continue to delude themselves. Living in denial in the face of stark evidence. Am outta here joor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Lord Giveth And The Lord Taketh? / Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? / Frankmishael1 Its April Already (your God Didnt Kill Me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.