Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 (12558 Views)

Adelabu to Nigerians: Expect Improved Power Supply Between Six Months and a Year / NERC To Nigerians: Expect Improved Electricity Supply From July 1 / High Profile Corruption Cases Nigerians Expect In 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by mayprince(m): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2019
The new year poll report released by NOIPolls indicating the areas needing Government's attention,see the top three below

SURVEY FINDINGS

The poll results revealed that a higher proportion of Nigerians (49 percent) want the government to focus its attention towards improving the quality and standard of education in the country given the current state of the sector. Similarly, 44 percent expect the government to drastically improve the security situation in the country considering the challenges faced in these areas in 2018. This is followed by 36 percent who cited electricity supply. Other areas that Nigerians wants the government to focus its attention on in 2019 include ‘Economy’ (32 percent), ‘Agriculture’ (29 percent), ‘Job creation’ (26 percent), ‘Infrastructure’ (22 percent) and ‘Health care’ (18 percent) amongst others.

Further analysis by geo-political zones revealed certain peculiarities across geo-political zones regarding the areas Nigerians expects the government to focus its attention on in 2019. For instance, while education (64 percent) and security seems to be a priority for residents from the North-West and North-East zones, electricity appears to be a more pressing issue for Nigerians in the South-South zone. Similarly, residents in the South-West zone indicated that economy as the most pressing area where the government should focus its attention on in 2019.

In conclusion, the poll has revealed that the quality and standard of education is Nigeria is unacceptable as most Nigerians task the government to improve the sector in 2019. Also, Nigerians lamented over the state of internal security in the country in 2018 hence 44 percent specifically mentioning that the government should tackle security challenges in 2019. Despite the current 7,000 Mega Watts (MW) of electricity being generated, 36 percent of Nigerians want the government to improve the sector so as to empower SMEs and other ventures to grow their businesses. It is therefore the responsibility of the government to listen to the demands of its citizens and work to improve in these areas to ensure a better quality of life for the average Nigerians. Finally, it is advised that the government put an end to the various security challenges that pervaded Nigeria in 2018 so as to attract more investors.

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.noi-polls.com/root/index.php%3Fpid%3D527%26parentid%3D14%26ptid%3D1&hl=en-NG&tg=81&pt=2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by mayprince(m): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2019
METHODOLOGY

The Poll was conducted in the week commencing December 17th, 2018. It involved telephone interviews of a random nationwide sample. 1,000 randomly selected phone-owning Nigerians aged 18 years and above, representing the six geopolitical zones in the country, were interviewed.
Although the sample size is small,the selection of the sample from the six geopolitical zone will lead to accurate results.

NOIPolls is a polling service across west african that delivers forward thinking research & relevant data on public opinion and consumer markets, enhancing the activities of decision makers across all the vibrant sectors of the Nigerian economy

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Raphaelmary(m): 12:58am On Jan 02, 2019
Afonjas too...they are our major problem in this country....the government should look into them too...
quote me at your own peril
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 02, 2019
[quote author=Raphaelmary post=74366361]Afonjas too...they are our major problem in this country....the government should look into them too...
quote me at your own peril[/quote
Lolz
waiting for typical pigs that will now come and be liking this one now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by chiommy123(f): 5:16am On Jan 02, 2019
Security, infrastructure and good job creation BTW we should stop this tribal nonsense its no longer funny abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by helinues: 5:27am On Jan 02, 2019
Electricity should be major priority

5 Likes

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Biodun1929(m): 9:37am On Jan 02, 2019
Hmm
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Sellfish(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2019
I am more concerned with the Government delivering a free, fair and violence-free election smiley

Let's survive this election first before talking about education and other stuff

Please buy my Hp envy M6 with 2gig dedicated graphics...i need money urgently pleasecry....please check my profile for details

2 Likes

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by ainas247: 9:38am On Jan 02, 2019
Good Job should be toping the chart..

Local SEO put your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see results
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2019
Meaning Nigerians are not in surppot of fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by pythonkid(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2019
Raphaelmary:
Afonjas too...they are our major problem in this country....the government should look into them too...
m
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2019
security, education, electricity and Agriculture and we are the next big thing...
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by spafu(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by hisexcellency34: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2019
My expectation is that Buhari wins and handover to Tinubu in 2023
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2019
1. Electricity
2. Electricity
3. Electricity

4 Likes

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 9:41am On Jan 02, 2019
[quote author=SalmanRushdie post=74366421][/quote]try to be sensible nwa nnem,na new year we dey Biko...

1 Like

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2019
All these are being work on at the moment.

Baba is on top of the matter.

All duly NOTED!

Nigeria will be great again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Blue3k(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2019
For instance, while education (64 percent) and security seems to be a priority for residents from the North-West and North-East zones, electricity appears to be a more pressing issue for Nigerians in the South-South zone. Similarly, residents in the South-West zone indicated that economy as the most pressing area where the government should focus its attention on in 2019.

These stats are very telling for any candidate. Ithink populist candidate that focus and jobs and law and order would have best shot. A candidate should wrap electricity into overall infrastructure policy. Focus should also be given towards economic polies and security.

Education is big issue northern state governments should address. They can talk about how they want to fund it.
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by shams040(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2019
Infrastructure is cloudy which could range from education, health, power, road etc from my view what we need is a better infrastructures and a reform in the education sector.
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Auladimeji1: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2019
Raphaelmary:
You brought your stupidity to 2019

3 Likes

Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Biodun1929(m): 9:48am On Jan 02, 2019
Okay
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Randy100: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2019
Changing of Buhari and his cabals.
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by drshrewd: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2019
shocked
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by olan4ward: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2019
Employment should be the major priority. If this could be tackled ,it will enhance security because devil always find works for idle hands.
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Chukazu: 9:51am On Jan 02, 2019
Buhari busy doing the wrong thing

"The only thing he knows about is "fighting Kwarupsion" and yet his busy enriching himself and his family Cabals
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by FunctionX(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2019
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by Realdeals(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2019
Can anyone Atiku or Buhari supporters highlight their candidates plan towards solving these issues?

The only candidate that I know talking directly and espousing his plan on all these issues is Sowore.
Re: Top Three Areas Where Nigerians Expect Government's Attention In 2019 by slawomir: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2019
Isoright

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari’s Aides, Ex-govs, APC Bigwigs Intensify Lobby For Ambassadorial Appointme / My Husband Won’t Be Distracted By Current Challenges – Oluremi Tinubu / DAWN DG, Dipo Famakinwa, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.