Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! (6279 Views)

Osita Iheme's (paw Paw) New Photos / How I Cope With Stardom - Osita Iheme (Paw Paw) / Aki And Paw-paw.will Any Girl Say Yes To Them In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by HighChief4(m): 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2010
Osita Iheme a.k.a Paw-paw may have forgotten this story, but the fact remains that the diminutive actor may have robbed himself the rare chance of being nominated for the National award.

Paw-Paw’s screen twin, Chinedu Ikedieze popularly known as Aki was one of the distinguished Nigerians who were accorded recognition some Thursdays ago by the Federal Government.

A gesture which generated controversy as many stakeholders in the movie sector blamed the government for failing to extend the same treatment to the other actor.

It was however the stakeholders’ conviction that both diminutive actors started off their careers same time, featured in the same movies and won many laurels together and therefore desire to be honoured jointly.

But a new twist to the story is the fact that Paw-Paw is now being held responsible for his own misfortune as far as the nomination for the award was concerned.

A woman who wouldn’t want her name in print, after reading Aki’s award story which was published last Saturday has narrated an incident that happened early this year, which is believed to be the reason he could not be accorded the same honour.

In a text message sent to HVP, the source alleged that Paw-Paw snubbed her husband while the latter was trying to introduce him to their state Governor for possible recognition.

The woman narrates the incident this way; “I and my hubby sighted Paw-Paw at the Excellence Hotel, Ogba, Lagos. My hubby quickly called on our state Governor and notified him of his intention to invite Osita to come to our oil rich state to perform, and also to draw him close to the government.

But surprisingly, when my hubby advanced to greet Osita he snubbed him outrightly. My hubby is a very wealthy man, well-connected and kind-hearted.

He felt so bad on that day. Don’t blame the government, Aki might be better off than Osita”

The woman, however declined further comments, when HVP contacted her for more clarification.
Also, on his own, Paw-Paw denied knowledge of such incident, saying “I’m not aware of it.”
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by sandee575(f): 11:35am On Aug 09, 2010
rubbish
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Greycells(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2010
grin grin grin grin National award na by recommendation and nomination.
So Osita snubed d man who would have gotten him one grin grin grin
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by cyril10(m): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2010
People should not destroy the good relationship between this two actor friends. Award or no award life continues.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Ben13: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2010
I wonder why poeple still dwell in this issue. We'll soon get to hear another reason why he wasn't awarded.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by dustydee: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2010
nonsense
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by matiltomd(f): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2010
ok!! undecided undecided
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Utaroz(m): 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2010
cyril10:

People should not destroy the good relationship between this two actor friends. Award or no award life continues.

True
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2010
yeye story embarassed
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by pendusky(m): 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2010
I dont fink this story is true,
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Teminio: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2010
Whether this story is true or not, it is good to be good to people at all time.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by kaiosama(m): 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2010
the story is f, cked. damn!
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by franctony(m): 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2010
and this made the homepage, na wa ooo
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2010
angry the story has bite. i mean WTF does Paw Paw think he is anyway. angry He is not the only one who can act short. I can too. and so can MI. grin what is his problem!! haba his attitude is getting in my hairs imagine him snubbing a whole wealthy-man who knows the governor, I mean everyone knows that governor's wives love Africa Magic and that is their most favorite channel next to Big Brother Africa angry what is Paw Paw's problem anyway. ennh

n mind me, i just dey beef d guy for no good reason.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by kingrhirhs(m): 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2010
cheap story! His it by who u know or who recommend u dat u get the award.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by nomoneydow: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2010
nonsense
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2010
what exactly is bad on losing out on the chance to be lumped with such illustrious nigerians as ms etteh and onovo
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by spikedcylinder: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2010
I thought the awards were based on achievements and contributions to the society as a whole and not the snubbery of a particularly small minded gentleman?
Gives one a better idea on what the 187 (?) other people who were awarded did to get their own awards.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2010
Nonsense!
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by harpo(m): 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2010
Total CRAPPPP Aki could even be worst of but got the award

CRAP
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by chiogo(f): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2010
Haha, naija people always sitting on a high horse. "Snubbed my husband. . my husband is very wealthy" Tsk tsk!

Arrant nonsense.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by clemcykul(f): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2010
lmao! dat woman is nuts!!

who da hell does she think her yeye hubby is

PAW-PAW did well by snubbing the riches out of the hubby's head lmao! grin
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I thought the awards were based on achievements and contributions to the society as a whole and not the snubbery of a particularly small minded gentleman?
Gives one a better idea on what the 187 (?) other people who were awarded did to get their own awards.

i am giving you blood kidnappers 24 hours to release those journalists. . .or else GEJ will sack me . . .i take God beg una - no fall ya broda hand

i am stepping down after being busted in a bizarree contract inflation scam .i'm back to the salon making that hair.

thats how u win a national award
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by nollyfan: 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2010
grin grin grin

I want an award next year, so I will be greeting every big man and his wife/wives as from now on!

I can't say who will land me the award!

Naija for life! grin
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by andyanders: 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2010
I don't think this is a true story. You may say because of his height, he did not notice the so called man. If the man is rich,paw-paw too is rich and then? Paw-paw is a celebrity and the man is not. From my own thinking , the story looks too good to be true.
His knowing the State Governor, does not make him wealthy.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2010
chiogo:

Haha, naija people always sitting on a high horse. "Snubbed my husband. . my husband is very wealthy" Tsk tsk!

Arrant nonsense.

You ain't see nothing yet!

I had a commissioner give me the 3rd degree last week for not respecting her enough, just because I asked someone to deliver a message to her! As improtant as she was, I should have come myself instead of 'sending' someone! *rooolz eyez*

High_Chief:

Osita Iheme a.k.a Paw-paw may have forgotten this story, but the fact remains that the diminutive actor may have robbed himself the rare chance of being nominated for the National award.

Paw-Paw’s screen twin, Chinedu Ikedieze popularly known as Aki was one of the distinguished Nigerians who were accorded recognition some Thursdays ago by the Federal Government.

A gesture which generated controversy as many stakeholders in the movie sector blamed the government for failing to extend the same treatment to the other actor.

It was however the stakeholders’ conviction that both diminutive actors started off their careers same time, featured in the same movies and won many laurels together and therefore desire to be honoured jointly.

But a new twist to the story is the fact that Paw-Paw is now being held responsible for his own misfortune as far as the nomination for the award was concerned.

A woman who wouldn’t want her name in print, after reading Aki’s award story which was published last Saturday has narrated an incident that happened early this year, which is believed to be the reason he could not be accorded the same honour.

In a text message sent to HVP, the source alleged that Paw-Paw snubbed her husband while the latter was trying to introduce him to their state Governor for possible recognition.

The woman narrates the incident this way; “I and my hubby sighted Paw-Paw at the Excellence Hotel, Ogba, Lagos. My hubby quickly called on our state Governor and notified him of his intention to invite Osita to come to our oil rich state to perform, and also to draw him close to the government.

But surprisingly, when my hubby advanced to greet Osita he snubbed him outrightly. My hubby is a very wealthy man, well-connected and kind-hearted.
He felt so bad on that day. Don’t blame the government, Aki might be better off than Osita”

The woman, however declined further comments, when HVP contacted her for more clarification.
Also, on his own, Paw-Paw denied knowledge of such incident, saying “I’m not aware of it.”

Bloody hypocrite! He denied someone of his award and she still calls him kind-heared!
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by HighChief4(m): 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2010
The truth is that I prefer Paw-paw to Aki, he acts better than Aki(IMO), but if this was why he was not given the award that means its a very sad one, snubbing or not,he shuld have gotten one too
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2010

This sounds like a personal issue. Why can't Nigerians separate personal issues from their profession. And did "her" husband work with the peeps giving the award or did he bribe someone not to give paw-paw the award? But  This is ridiculous. . . . anywaz, money talks money walks.
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by HighChief4(m): 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

You ain't see nothing yet!

I had a commissioner give me the 3rd degree last week for not respecting her enough, just because I asked someone to deliver a message to her! As improtant as she was, I should have come myself instead of 'sending' someone! *rooolz eyez*

Especially d women, i have an aunt that changed totally immediately she got a political appointment. SMH, thats why I won't be surprised if it was this woman that instigated her hubby to ensure Paw-Paw got no award, which is evident by her sending a text to explain why paw paw did not receive an award. I expected her to calm the situation but she seems jubilant that the hubby has paid him back
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by papaejima2: 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2010
How did this rubbish ever get to the front page? Are Nairaland moderators toddlers?
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by HighChief4(m): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2010
papa ejima:

How did this rubbish ever get to the front page? Are Nairaland moderators toddlers?

U call it rubbish, but things like this happen everyday in Nigeria. sounds stupid but even messier situations like this happen on a daily basis. This story was culled from a Nigerian dailies, will post link when i get home
Re: Why Paw-paw Lost Out On National Award ! by snowdrops(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2010
papa ejima:

[size=18pt]OMG. My exact sentiments. Nairaland is getting more ridiculous by the day.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gaga Pull Out A New Hair Style ,reveals Stretch Marks On Her Boobs / PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards / Watch Full Uncensored Ghana Movie 'the Table' For FREE [18+ Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.