Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram (35347 Views)

Yakubu Fanami Dies With Female Suicide Bomber In Borno While Trying To Stop Her / Soldiers Had An Accident In Borno While Rushing To Rescue Civilians (Video) / The Crowd That Came To Vote In Borno While The Military Kept Watch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Antheus: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2019
BH didn't shoot down any choper, our service chiefs and high ranking men has sold the aircraft to the insurgent group...Nonsense.
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Fourwinds: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2019
I
FindX:
The chopper have been sold.
grin grin
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Fourwinds: 8:58am On Jan 03, 2019
meobizy:
Na today? Boko Haram has had all the time in the world to think up countermeasures to anything the NA conjures. At this point in time even if a nuke is set off the sect will still remain gallantly.
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:06am On Jan 03, 2019
Shey Na On Air The Chopper Got Missing Abi Na Boko Haram Hire Am??
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by akinbode1(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2019
frankfrancis871:
sad

I pray Nigeria gets missing too!

Nigeria is missing already.....
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by eluelu: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2019
Nigeria Army will come and deny it. The have success to manage information not the war
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2019
A military helicopter would at least have some location reporting systems inbuilt that can transmit the GPS of the craft and other info like fuel level, autitude, weather, pressure and general diagnosis continously.

I expect a team of IT personals in the Nigerian army that sits in a radar enabled base and watch affairs remotely.

This setup isn't complicated at all. They have been pumping money into the army and they can't just enable tracking every mission.

Helicopters can also be used for surveillance apart from dropping troops.

It appears computer gamers are doing better then the Nigerian army regarding strategizing missions to take out hostiles. They are acting like animals placed on driving seats.

I guess this is the part I admit the influence of politics. But I can be very wrong. It may simply be illetracy and pure ignorant.

Think of how our primary and secondary school teachers punish us for speaking out natives (which they regard as VERNACULAR). Our own language and in our land.

I remember my secondary school locked up hundreds of computers and robotic equipments that the federal government provided for us throughout my 6 years there rather than bringing them out for out use. You can't blame the government for this.

I decided to check my TV remote yesterday and I discovered there are some useful keys I never saw. Like subtitle. I had always hated watching movies from USB because the subtitle isnt loaded. But it's been right there on my remote.

An average Nigerian is not curious. Once we've found an okay spot, we rest and won't try to improve the situation until when there is no way.

Yoruba says, "do it just the way you've been doing it; so that it results just the way it has always been resulting."

This culture of not trying out what's even in the box is killing us. It's killing our innocent soldiers. I think they need more trainings and even ACCESS TO THE AVAILABLE EQUIPMENTS.

Edit
It just occurred to me that language barrier might be the cause of the mishaps that plague the Nigerian Air force or army.

Just like tractors and ships, vehicles bought from language crazy countries like Russia and China would have many significant features operated only in their language and not English. The same would apply to the software that works with the vehicles.

I don't know if the Nigerian army are being trained in understanding basic Russian or Chinese depending on where they bought the crafts from. This might be the problem fellas
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by CarlosTheJackal: 9:17am On Jan 03, 2019
abbeg:
So you're saying 20000 bh can overrun around 194000 Nigerian soldiers with tanks and manageable ships and aircraft along with other nations support?you people over rate bh and under rate Nigeria army.In a full on fight bh can never,ever overrun Nigeria army.Why do you think it's always ambush or surprise attack?Even they know it's impossible.
Go check how ISIS overran Iraq army that's more sophisticated than NA
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by abbeg(m): 9:29am On Jan 03, 2019
CarlosTheJackal:
Go check how ISIS overran Iraq army that's more sophisticated than NA
Are ISIS and bh on th same level? And they didn't overrun them,they lost(mostly US help)Nigeria is also ranked higher than Iraq in firepower.Fact is bh can not beat Nigeria in a full on fight.That's why they use guerrilla tactics.Stop overrating them.That's what's giving them mind.
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Mbediogu(m): 9:57am On Jan 03, 2019
zoedew:

Sheik Dauda Onyeagocha.

You are correct! Dauda is the name of both strong men in IMO and Ebonyi. Is it coincidence? Dauda means David, and the biblical David was one man whose hands were so blood stained and so dirty that God stopped him from building His temple.
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Geesaintagape: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2019
The wicket northern Nigeria has succeeded in destroying Nigeria.
BH was invented to overthrow GEJ today BH has gone beyond what they bargain for.
Woe to Buhari
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Mitchewww(m): 10:20am On Jan 03, 2019
abbeg:
So you're saying 20000 bh can overrun around 194000 Nigerian soldiers with tanks and manageable ships and aircraft along with other nations support?you people over rate bh and under rate Nigeria army.In a full on fight bh can never,ever overrun Nigeria army.Why do you think it's always ambush or surprise attack?Even they know it's impossible.

That's guerilla warfare.

You figures are largely assumption even though I never said they over ran the Army.

Am pointing out that its now too bad that more manpower is being required from the police while the scare manpower we have will be scattered all over the country all on the name of python dance.

Fighting BH started with JTF which comprise eveb the NPF and some paramilitary. But the tactics they use made Nigeria give the task to the Army alone.

Don't you think that if we are going back with all these escalated killings that there is a problem?
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Gandollar(f): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2019
MorbidAngel7:
It Will Eventually Consume Them.Karma Walks On 3 Legs
4 sef!

1 Like

Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by toplinetrtrend: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2019
Oblang:

Always seeing everything from the angle of north and south...the alliance ur forefathers form with same north still dey hunt u abi...

Do you realize why the IG denied that those policemen absconded from training? It was discovered that they were mainly southerners and Christians.

Please stop being dumb. There is a north/south division in this country.
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by bilulu(m): 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
Jonathan:
I see some bastards rejoicing about this on the thread .
Some people are just so useless
they are not rejoicing rather they re calling on Buhari to do the job he was elected for.....
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Jonadull: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2019
bilulu:

they are not rejoicing rather they re calling on Buhari to do the job he was elected for.....
Shut up your mouth
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by PurestBoy(m): 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Gandollar:
So you want me to be crying because you are crying? When you people were emboldening BH with words and actions, was I there.
When your Messiah was realising their members and commanders and dashing them millions of euro to acquire more weapons, was I Gandollar there? Mtcheeeew

Especially this

1 Like

Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Jaqenhghar: 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
madridsta007:

Lol.
I don’t expect you to understand.
Go and read books and come back. I would advise you on books to read to gain understanding on the geopolitical nature of terrorism.

Lets hear it. Whoch books do you reccomend O wise one
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by WilyWily: 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
I'm loving it.
This is the type of News that gives me Joy.
Haaahaaa, Dirty Stinking Nigeria Soldiers are crying like Goat.
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by MONIKERREVEALER: 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
FzanyAjibs:
A military helicopter would at least have some location reporting systems inbuilt that can transmit the GPS of the craft and other info like fuel level, autitude, weather, pressure and general diagnosis continously.

I expect a team of IT personals in the Nigerian army that sits in a radar enabled base and watch affairs remotely.

This setup isn't complicated at all. They have been pumping money into the army and they can't just enable tracking every mission.

Helicopters can also be used for surveillance apart from dropping troops.

It appears computer gamers are doing better then the Nigerian army regarding strategizing missions to take out hostiles. They are acting like animals placed on driving seats.

I guess this is the part I admit the influence of politics. But I can be very wrong. It may simply be illetracy and pure ignorant.

Think of how our primary and secondary school teachers punish us for speaking out natives (which they regard as VERNACULAR). Our own language and in our land.

I remember my secondary school locked up hundreds of computers and robotic equipments that the federal government provided for us throughout my 6 years there rather than bringing them out for out use. You can't blame the government for this.

I decided to check my TV remote yesterday and I discovered there are some useful keys I never saw. Like subtitle. I had always hated watching movies from USB because the subtitle isnt loaded. But it's been right there on my remote.

An average Nigerian is not curious. Once we've found an okay spot, we rest and won't try to improve the situation until when there is no way.

Yoruba says, "do it just the way you've been doing it; so that it results just the way it has always been resulting."

This culture of not trying out what's even in the box is killing us. It's killing our innocent soldiers. I think they need more trainings and even ACCESS TO THE AVAILABLE EQUIPMENTS.

Edit
It just occurred to me that language barrier might be the cause of the mishaps that plague the Nigerian Air force or army.

Just like tractors and ships, vehicles bought from language crazy countries like Russia and China would have many significant features operated only in their language and not English. The same would apply to the software that works with the vehicles.

I don't know if the Nigerian army are being trained in understanding basic Russian or Chinese depending on where they bought the crafts from. This might be the problem fellas

you oyorubas should cease with this una "we go die here for inside one nigeria" mentality!

cant you fellows survive outside "one nigeria"?

cmon!

you guys should let go of this unworkable contraption and forge a new path for yourselves in your own republic.

people are dying everyday in droves in this "one nigeria"!

let a referendum be declared for as many a people as need it.

if the northern moslems, who are already practicing sharia criminal codes and destroying countless crates of beer the southerners living in the north bought for their own Christmas enjoyment, want, they can form a country/countries of their own.

not everybody loves to follow a secular constitution. stop forcing people to live under your "one nigeria" constitution!

even if nigeria divides into 500 countries, as long as there will be peace, LET IT DIVIDE!

countries like iceland, of which I am sure you will not reject emigrating to if given appropriate papers, has a population under 400 thousand!

stop deceiving people with that useless giant of Africa bullcrapp! the highest populated poverty infested country on earth is what nigeria is!

and no neighboring countries can attack any of the newly formed countries out of nigeria because the other sister countries of the former nigeria will band together to fight them off!

we shall still ALL be friends, yet even as good friends make good neighbors don't forget that good fences make good neighbors!

everyone should stay on their own!

nigeria, if not divided, is sitting on a massive nuke about to explode!
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Okwyjesus(m): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
Deathstroke00:

Everybody prayes when bad things happen, it dosen't matter if it was the past administration or not, people are dying for gods sake. Stop the hate. We are all humans, dont you have a soft side?

Soft side Kee. When the same army was killing in Afara Umuahia and overrunning human with military tank where was your soft side. Hypocrites.
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by zoedew: 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2019
Mbediogu:

You are correct! Dauda is the name of both strong men in IMO and Ebonyi. Is it coincidence? Dauda means David, and the biblical David was one man whose hands were so blood stained and so dirty that God stopped him from building His temple.

David means “beloved”. He is a type of the typical human whose hands are so blood stained and dirty God ceased to be involved with him until the blood of Jesus made him beloved of God! The mercies of God indeed transcend all human understanding!!
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Chill2: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
[qquote author=Jonathan post=74396152]I see some bastards rejoicing about this on the thread .
Some people are just so useless [/quote]Some people are indeed very useless using national security issues to score political points
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Askme8: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
donaldeke:
A helicopter of the Nigerian Air Force deployed for attack in the fight against the Boko Haram insurgents has gone missing in action, with fears that the aircraft had crashed at a yet-to-be-ascertained location.

The NAF confirmed the missing aircraft in a release around 10.30pm on Wednesday, noting that the helicopter was lost in combat while providing close air support to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State.

Read the rest HERE
https://www.reporterswall.com/just-military-attack-helicopter-fighting-boko-haram-goes-missing-borno/
sometimes I wonder if Nigeria military can with stand a full flange war,I I agree with those who said if not for Britain and the Western powers Nigeria could not have defeated Biafra who were I'll prepared for a war
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Chill2: 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2019
Am convinced Boko Haram is a political tool in the hands of some military Generals/ Political elite. Trust me, after the general elections the rate of attacks will reduce drastically. This country shouldn't have existed. Spits!
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:

you oyorubas should cease with this una "we go die here for inside one nigeria" mentality!

cant you fellows survive outside "one nigeria"?

cmon!

you guys should let go of this unworkable contraption and forge a new path for yourselves in your own republic.

people are dying everyday in droves in this "one nigeria"!

everyone should stay on their own!

nigeria, if not divided, is sitting on a massive nuke about to explode!

While your comment have little to do with my comment, I still verily agree with you on the division.

We can easily divide into 3 or into the 6 geo political zones. That makes perfect sense.
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by MONIKERREVEALER: 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2019
FzanyAjibs:

While your comment have little to do with my comment, I still verily agree with you on the division.

We can easily divide into 3 or into the 6 geo political zones. That makes perfect sense.

ROGER THAT

CHEERS

OVER AND OUT!
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by Ayobami7(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
好朋
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by abbeg(m): 12:14am On Jan 04, 2019
WilyWily:
I'm loving it.
This is the type of News that gives me Joy.
Haaahaaa, Dirty Stinking Nigeria Soldiers are crying like Goat.
Very unpatriotic of you! Soldiers counted a loss against terrorists that want to enslave you and youre happy? Why?I don't know why you guys act like Nigeria is the worst country on earth.There are far worse countries and yet they still stand.Only Nigeria that you see one minor problem people will start shouting "Nigeria don spoil" "secession today!" If superpowers like USA or Russia disbanded with every problem you think they would have any say today? It's normal for countries to have problems.All part of development.Meanwhile here soldiers are fighting terrorists and yet citizens side with the terrorists? Chai! sad sad When govt doesn't send troops you will shout govt is bad now they responded you are mocking them.Do you expect them to respond next time?
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by johnaruson(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
chiedu7:

Mumu na IPOB dey murd person?
, Your father wasted his sperm on you.
Re: Military Helicopter Goes Missing In Borno While Fighting Boko Haram by chiedu7: 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
johnaruson:
, Your father wasted his sperm on you.

Ur village is a waste of space.

They should have aborted all ur forefathers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Rescue Colleague Held In ISWAP Captivity For Over 3 Months (Video) / Senator Abu Ibrahim Escaping Lynching In Katsina (Video) / Wike: Suspension Of Ekiti EXCO Is Rubbish, Battleline Has Been Drawn

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.