Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,434 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

Church: And The Idiocy Of The Nigerian People - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church: And The Idiocy Of The Nigerian People (1891 Views)

The Idiocy Of Attacking Oyedepo On CAMA, By Emmanuel Onwubiko / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Can It Get Any Lower? (religious Idiocy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church: And The Idiocy Of The Nigerian People by kkins25(m): 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2019
frosbel2:
This an African man problem as he practices his own brand of Christianity.

Some of the best schools ever built and maintained in Nigeria were church schools, one of which I attended for my secondary school education. My dad also attended a Catholic school , one that has produced some of the very best Nigerians. These churches also built hospitals and carried out huge works of charity.

In the west and other places, this is still the case - some of the best schools worldwide are church schools.

Coming back to Africa, please forgive me , but our church leaders and their cohorts are too greedy, narrow minded , fraudulent and dishonest to ever want to help anybody . Typically , the Pastor or Priest will divert funds for his personal gain and use the rest for church BUILDING ( people do not matter ) to the glory of their ego and pride.

When I visit Nigeria on holiday, these church men shamelessly beg for money about 4 times in a single service. Alas, the money is NEVER used to better the lives of the people , rather it is used to promote the church leaders self indulgence and pride in standing up new buildings to the glory of MAN and not GOD.

Churches in the past have really really tried and I don't mean the Pentecostal houses of shame, I mean churches like the Catholic , Methodist and Anglican.
True.
Re: Church: And The Idiocy Of The Nigerian People by johnydon22(m): 11:12am On Jan 07, 2019
Seun lalasticlala epp us
Re: Church: And The Idiocy Of The Nigerian People by toyosi20188(m): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
@OP. To be honest, your observation is quite correct. Many so-called men of GOD today are serving their bellies. Their only desire is to project the image of their churches, so to speak. However, all these have been foretold in the Bible. Men of GOD have exempted love from the doctrines of Christ. Even Jesus fed his hungry listeners while preaching, but these "men of GOD" only care about their 'establishments' thus scattering the sheep. GOD never categorically stated that we must build edifices in order to worship Him. The modern church is crumbling because they failed to emulate the apostles.GOD is not to blame(He is perfect anyways), neither the 'poor people' cos they are ignorant. Of course I know I am not making sense to you cos you are an anti-theist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church: And The Idiocy Of The Nigerian People by MrPresident1: 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2019
johnydon22:
Seu.n lalasticl.ala epp us

Please change the title of your thread, the people are not idiots, they only need help and direction

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Rumour, Ow True Is It? / Miracles Are Still Real (crippled Up Then Healed) / Atheist, Please Help Me Stop Smoking Hemp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.