Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help (30065 Views)

Help! My Wife Easily Quarrels And Keeps Malice With Me. / Help Anytime I Get Angry I Destroy Things / My Wife And I Are Keeping Malice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Mosco100(m): 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
You need to be born anew; that is, of the Spirit of God. By believing in the word of God, the Son if God, Christ that He came to die for your sins. Accept a him in your heart as your Lord and saviour. Then study the word of God often and pray to God the Father that you want His sanctification; where you have a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36 :
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And receive the Holy Spirit.
Have faith in God

2 Likes

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
IamD18:
You don`t have a problem.

Getting angry and keeping malice are damn common with introverts.
You are wrong please.

3 Likes

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
Daeylar:
This is very wrong. What kind of rubbish is this?
Armchair psychiatrists, diagnosing rubbish for people. undecided
Alpha001
Please ignore this post and any other person trying to diagnose trash for you.

[s][/s]

Go eat poo. Ass face
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by TheWalkingMind: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
babeosisi:

You tried it and it didn't help you
I know Christians suffering from things like this sir. While the power of regeneration in Christ can't be underscored, I must tell you regeneration is something to be embrased in knowledge which given someone's life to Christ doesn't address. I doubt if OP has not given his life to Christ already. In constrast, there are people who have gone through these stages and have seen people through these stages, let them render their help to him. There is a reason we are social beings, it's so we can lend helping hands to one another in practical ways.
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2019
Philpham:

Sharrap, what do you mean, how can u compare his symptoms with that of a schizophrenic. He just needs anger management and a little bit of psychotherapy.

Get a dictionary dumbo angry
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Ramos16(m): 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2019
Agboki:

Nothing like medical help here,oga get issues wit em self esteem, na 4 relationship wit d opposite sex e dey even vex am pass,I was once lyk u,although when I was abt ur age and its affecting me till date but mine na only towards ladies and few males.as u dey grow u go dey improve.

You are absolutely right, it is kinda psychological too. If growing up you were never allowed to express yourself, people always shut you down when you try to speak, one will most likely grow up to be like the OP has described. If one grows up amongst teenage older brothers, you will find yourself in such a situation, since they are also passing through a stage of life where they want to always show dominance and independence.

OP, It is good you are able to identify your problem, it means you already know what you can do to help yourself. If not, what you can try to do is interact with people more, do not feel pressure to contribute in discussions, contribute when you are absolutely sure you need to, it will remove some pressure from you. Some of the anger the OP feels come from not being able to express himself properly, he feels he will be judged.

Speak up more when someone offends you. I know how hard that can be, but do it bit by bit. Do not try to do that when you are angry else you might stutter and look stupid, or not come up with reasonable points why you are pissed, walk away come back then have a discussion with whomever you are upset with.

There is nothing terrible really wrong with you OP, let someone you are close to know how you feel, someone you can trust, a sibling or parent, friends can use it against you when your relationship falls apart. If you have a friend you absolutely trust, you can speak to them to help support you. This is the most important step, it will help you think of this person when you start getting angry, and you will easily calm down.

From what you described you might also have a problem speaking in public, that goes with age and practice, you are at the prime of your life now and something like this can be a big hindrance to your career, do small practice with small groups and then scale up, don't start too big it will be overwhelming to handle, even professionals have issues with big crowds.

Overall you just need to practice those things you find difficult, trust me the anger will die down, people will find you more interesting and you will become a happier person.

3 Likes

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2019
englishmart:

Have you ever killed someone? Just asking for the ex of my ex.
Very good question
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by HerMoney: 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
As much as you think this isn't a spiritual problem, it very much is. Don't let the devil deceive you by telling you its not because by refusing to acknowledge your real problem, you remain in bondage without solutions. This is how satan works my brother. He is subtle in his approach at keeping people chained. I agree with abiding by practical solutions to solve problems, however, when you tackle a problem spiritually, you destroy it from its roots and can enjoy lasting victory as a result.

What you are dealing with is a spirit of offense and pride.

This is at the root of your malice, resentment and unforgiveness towards people. This spirit has taken advantage of and twisted your sensitive nature, which God gifted you with to be loving and considerate of others. So my brother, if you are a christian and a believer in Jesus Christ, this is the year to surrender your life to Him and let His love and power transform you and change your heart. It is possible with the word of God and with faith because whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world and this is how we overcome, with our faith. I am very sure you are also struggling in other areas of your life in addition to the one you mentioned which is developing meaningful relationships. Do you know this is one way satan has stolen your peace and joy? So you see the effects are ripple. Unforgiveness blocks blessings in one's life.

Begin to study, meditate and speak scripture over your life specifically those that deal with love, anger, peace and forgiveness. For instance, Proverbs 17:9 says -"Disregarding another's faults preserve love." Read that, meditate on it, let it seep into your spirit, speak it over yourself and in little time, your mind will be renewed in this area. You will begin to notice you are less offended and less prone to malice because it is the offense that provokes the malice. There is power in God's word but we'll rather look for solutions outside because people are afraid of spiritual things or look down on spiritual matters. This is not saying self-help materials and mental health options don't work, they do but they are still founded on wisdom found in God's word.

On a practical note, you must be mindful of your own imperfections when relating with others. You keep malice because you are proud and ignorant of your own faults which others may be tolerating. So, who are you to hold theirs over them?

The good thing is you admit your problem and have a desire to change and be better. This is the starting point for change. Take your hearts desires to God in prayer and tell Him you are ready to be a more loving, patient and forgiving person. He will send His Holy Spirit into your heart to begin the work. Your part is to cooperate by doing whatever He tells you. E.g. He may prompt you to come out of your room in the morning and ask someone how their day went. Or to be more understanding of a person's point of view. Little things like that will become easier for you as you yield to Him. As you keep this up, you will become a big giant ball of love I promise you. It is real.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Exodora: 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2019
Seriously am having same issue with this guy oooo I need help too.
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by 1Sharon(f): 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alpha001:

Sir, i don't believe I will get better with age. It's even getting worse. It's not just with opposite sex but with everybody including my family.
I can be with my family for days and the only words they hear from me is greetings. This is killing me inside.

Even some extroverts are like that when angry, giving the silent treatment. Don't feel too bad about that
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by JhyMedex: 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
GODPUNISHUNA:

You need medical help. Seriously jokes aside, you are not normal.

You display signs of schizophrenia. It's a mental illness

If you don't get treated you will find it hard keeping friendships or relationships. You are a perfect example of a loner and it's not a good thing
Ehn ? straight to schizophrenia..hw did u come to dis diagnosis o..

where r d core features of schizophrenia u picked out from his write up..

1 Like

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Manwisdom: 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2019
I want to ask u first if u know God, if yes apply you offend me I ask u, whether ur excuse is genuine or not I let it Go and clear my mind.
If u don't know God yet I ll like to let u know that He loves u, be Deliberate in finding Peace with God then , learn to Forgive and Always tell yourself this issue doesn't Worth my annoyance .
Then seek counsel. It's well with you bro

2 Likes

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by vjohnson: 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2019
You will easily die
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by kpolli(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alpha001:
Happy new year NL.
I am posting this here because i really need help and i know a lot of people visit this section. Please i need urgent help as i don't want to continue like this in this 2019. Don't come and start insulting me please.

My problem is that i easily get angry and my anger doesn't go away easily. Very little things make me angry. Things that are not supposed to make me angry.
I can live in a room with a person for one year or even more without saying a word to the person just because he/she angered or did something bad to me.

I'm a quiet guy. People say i'm an introvert. I always try my best to avoid trouble. I am in my mid twenties buy have never been in a relationship.

This my problem of easily getting angry and keeping malice has been troubling me. I don't like it but still can't stop it. It is affecting my relationship with my family and close friends. And how can i even go into a relationship with this issue i'm having.
I find it very difficult to completely forgive.
I always envy those who are sociable and who don't easily get angry. I always wish to be like them.

Please i need your help/advice. Please this is not a spiritual problem, so don't start telling me about deliverance.
I would appreciate if this can be moved to the front page.
Thanks.

You need to pray more and learn to let go of things.... I used to be like you but have learned the more you let things go, the more at peace you're

2 Likes

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Sheun001(m): 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
Whenever you are angry find the nearest wall and punch it real hard till you punch and yourbone cracks maybe that'll help you from vexing unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by amjokes(f): 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
The kind comments I dey read so, e get as e be
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
JhyMedex:

Ehn ? straight to schizophrenia..hw did u come to dis diagnosis o..

where r d core features of schizophrenia u picked out from his write up..

Withdrawal from personal relationships, delusion, anger, irritability, depressed mood
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Mbryt: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
A problem identified is half solved

1. If you are introvert you will keep reminding what hurt your earlier
For my own perspective try to be a little extrovert and everything will go
I guess

2. Try to laugh everything off

3. You need some inspirational quote
4. Read more of the word of God
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alpha001:

Okay sir. Thanks a lot

I have this to tell you, the person you quoted got it very wrong. There was nothing schizophrenic about your post. With that serious diagnosis off the menu, your problem is easier

I have only “trite” words for you, but don’t knock the advice yet, maybe try it first, who knows? (Shrugs)
-being positive (every day list 10 things for which you are grateful/that you like about your life, especially about your relationships (family and friends if any). Do this everyday
-Secondly, practice deep breathing
-Then, try meditation, nature contemplation, affirmative declarations to your God if any
-Music helps too, find your type. You are young, I do not know what you will think of 80s and 90s RnB. Naija music might just set you off, the sheer noise, you know? cheesy
-Step outside of your comfort zone, approach a girl and tell them you wanna be friends. Tell them about your anger issues and ask them to always call you to order /bear with you regarding it. A playful contrast to your person should do it

I am assuming that there is no mental illness. Approach this mindset change with excitement. Who knows, you might just be fine
Good luck. Happy New Year kiss

1 Like

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alpha001:
Happy new year NL.
I am posting this here because i really need help and i know a lot of people visit this section. Please i need urgent help as i don't want to continue like this in this 2019. Don't come and start insulting me please.

My problem is that i easily get angry and my anger doesn't go away easily. Very little things make me angry. Things that are not supposed to make me angry.
I can live in a room with a person for one year or even more without saying a word to the person just because he/she angered or did something bad to me.

I'm a quiet guy. People say i'm an introvert. I always try my best to avoid trouble. I am in my mid twenties buy have never been in a relationship.

This my problem of easily getting angry and keeping malice has been troubling me. I don't like it but still can't stop it. It is affecting my relationship with my family and close friends. And how can i even go into a relationship with this issue i'm having.
I always envy those who are sociable and who don't easily get angry. I always wish to be like them.

Please i need your help/advice. Please this is not a spiritual problem, so don't start telling me about deliverance.
Thanks.
To solve this problem you must come out of your shell. To do this, when you get angry or you are offended, let it out. Tell the person offending what's in your mind and watch how this problem dies slowly. As for malice, just have a thought that if you keep malice for long you would be at the loosing end. It will affect your psychological thinking and may end up dying. This thought alone would do.
These are not just words but they are the reality of life

1 Like

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2019
Sarah20A:
Try to keep a sociable friend who doesn't get angry and can't stay without talking.this kind of people will always talk with you even when you are moody .u need funny troublesome people who are always happy.hope you are not violent?you can write me privately if you are ready to make friends undecidedam very troublesome so be warned

What a beautiful heart!
I like you already! Thank you for the gesture, and many blessings to you
Dear OP, see the kind of girl I told you about tongue

1 Like

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by oloriLFC(f): 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2019
GODPUNISHUNA:

You need medical help. Seriously jokes aside, you are not normal.
Don't know why I laughed so hard when I read this grin
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Abcruz(m): 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alpha001:
Happy new year NL.

Thanks.

Hear the word of the SOVEREIGN LORD O simple one:

He who is slow to anger is better than a warrior, and he who controls his temper is greater than one who captures a city.--proverbs 16:32

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,--Galatians 5:22

Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way all will be well with you--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproves of life abides among the wise!!!
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Uniquequy(m): 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2019
James 1:19 says "Swift to hear and slow to speak" Think before you speak. In the heat of the moment, it's easy to say something you'll later regret. ...
Once you're calm, express your anger. ...
Get some exercise. ...
Take a timeout. I.e work away from the scene
Stop blaming others: We blame other people or external situations for having caused our loss, for taking advantage of us unfairly. The blame often only resides in our heads and is a product of our imagination. We fail to see things from other people’s perspectives. We become deeply selfish.

note: Anger causes bitterness and it's harmful to your health. Please, be wise. Life is simple.
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by stanley000: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
My brother you don't have any problems. I am also like you and I can tell you I love my life this way. As long as it doesn't affect your income you are just fine. Bru friends are liabilities, some will eventually hurt you on the long run, there are alot of ways to catch fun these days without being with some retarded beings called friends. You are doing just fine unless byou see it as a fault

4 Likes

Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
vjohnson:
You will easily die
Are you normal
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by WilliamsNedd: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
emmabest2000:
Drink kerosene any time the urge to become angry surface

Thank me later

Bobby didn't give a flying fuvk.
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by islandmoon: 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
I was just like you, but after spending 3 months in Abuja Hostel in University of Jos, I became the life of the party!

Great Josite!!!!

a school with great social lifestyle.

UJ burn fire ..party every night in the hostel.
Babylon , Naragutta D block, Abuja hotel D and E block..

the denial of ones right is an invitation to fight for it, Great Josite. no introvert.
we are socialites.
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Gokoyer0(m): 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
Read Spirit-controlled Temperament written by Tim Lahaye, and thank me later. I think you are completely phlegmatic/an introvert. All the four temperament have their strengths and weaknesses.
Alpha001:
Happy new year NL.

Thanks.
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by islandmoon: 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
Abcruz:

Hear the word of the SOVEREIGN LORD O simple one:

He who is slow to anger is better than a warrior, and he who controls his temper is greater than one who captures a city.--proverbs 16:32

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,--Galatians 5:22

Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way all will be well with you--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproves of life abides among the wise!!!

please how did you make your signature color green? pls
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Agboki: 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alpha001:

Sir, i don't believe I will get better with age. It's even getting worse. It's not just with opposite sex but with everybody including my family.
I can be with my family for days and the only words they hear from me is greetings. This is killing me inside.

U go certainly get beta maybe when u even leave ur family house.
Re: I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help by Repentoday: 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alpha001:

. There is nothing too hard for GOD to do. Just surrender your life to Jesus Christ, ask Him to change your life style and cleanse your heart, only Jesus can help you. He will change you totally and transform your life. He did it for me and now iam a change person. Just surrender your life to Him NOW, with the whole of your heart. God bless you as you do that NOW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? / Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.