Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone (8525 Views)

Please Recommend A Good Phone For Me.50-60k / How To Get GLO 50 Thousand Free Airtime / See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by Macaulish(m): 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
Dantedasz:

Luxury tax.
Customs tax starts from 5%-35% and sometimes up to 100% if the government is trying to discourage importations of certain items.
Like I said before Alli customs officers used their discretion to wave duty for certain importations of single goods.
Now with the change regime no officer is ready to take that chance and lose his job. Even the courier company could lose their license to import.
It's not encouraging but that is the present reality of Nigeria today.

Hmmmnn.

Thanks for the info
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by Dantedasz(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2019
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by obichiddy(m): 11:04am On Jan 11, 2019
Compliments to everyone. Pls can someone help me on what to do.... I bought an item via Ali express and through tracking the item has been with my local post since 19thDec, 2018. Till now at Enugu Nipost, I have been going to get other items as at when called but this item which is a handheld sewing machine hasn't arrived yet. Told them the tracking number and they said it should get to their office and when it does, I'll be called. But Pls can I call Lagos and would it be of help? Just don't know what to do. Pls kindly advice\help...thks
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by ABMC(m): 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2019
obichiddy:
Compliments to everyone. Pls can someone help me on what to do.... I bought an item via Ali express and through tracking the item has been with my local post since 19thDec, 2018. Till now at Enugu Nipost, I have been going to get other items as at when called but this item which is a handheld sewing machine hasn't arrived yet. Told them the tracking number and they said it should get to their office and when it does, I'll be called. But Pls can I call Lagos and would it be of help? Just don't know what to do. Pls kindly advice\help...thks

Worry not!! Your item is coming but with custom duty charges I guess. I'm also their victim. They charged me N8, 608 for a phone of $206 worth.
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by obichiddy(m): 11:15am On Jan 12, 2019
ABMC:

Worry not!! Your item is coming but with custom duty charges I guess. I'm also their victim. They charged me N8, 608 for a phone of $206 worth.

Na wa! Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by BHANKYPSALM: 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
Good evening NLDs,
I'm planning to import goods worth 625kg, can I use NIPOST, if not which one can you recommend and is it possible to avoid custom fee, if I can't avoid it what will be the range of the fee?
Looking forward to everyone's advice
Thanks
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by CodeTemplar: 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
BHANKYPSALM:
Good evening NLDs,
I'm planning to import goods worth 625kg, can I use NIPOST, if not which one can you recommend and is it possible to avoid custom fee, if I can't avoid it what will be the range of the fee?
Thanks
Wow that's a lot but I am waiting for replies equally as I am interested in the answers.
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by fibonacci2526: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
BHANKYPSALM:
Good evening NLDs,
Thanks

Use shippers here on NL, not advisable to use NIPOST.
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by docsholz(m): 1:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
Just got my phone today, no custom charge sha, the nipost guy said I got lucky
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by BHANKYPSALM: 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Use shippers here on NL, not advisable to use NIPOST.
Thanks for the reply. can you refer anyone here on NLD that do sea shipping/ flight but sea shipping is more preferable
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by wink2015(m): 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
Custom duties.
Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by sulasa07(m): 8:49pm On Dec 12, 2019
obichiddy:
This is a serious issue nowadays at Enugu. They said they were given that mandate Oct 17th 2018, by the new boss in charge to be collecting a charge for every item weighing above 0.2kg.
#200 for range 0.2kg - 0.4kg
#500 for range 0.4kg and above.
Then for the heavily weighted items, I have no idea yet. But of a truth someone came to collect a phone and was asked to pay 8k. The weight of the phone I don't know but it should not be more than 2kg. I am so scared cos I'm presently expecting a handheld sewing machine. God help us in this country.
Be ready to pay 50k

Re: Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone by sulasa07(m): 8:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
docsholz:
Just got my phone today, no custom charge sha, the nipost guy said I got lucky
Na lie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was Your First Mobile Phone ? / New Arrival: Itel It1409 / Twitter To Cover Legal Fees Of Users Treated Unfairly By Employers Over Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.