Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme (7850 Views)

Donald Trump Arrest: Trump Claims Innocent Over Hush Money Scheme / Kaduna State Adopts Measures To Respond To Looming Economic Crisis / Photos: VP Osinbanjo Commissioning The "Trade Money" Scheme In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:15am On Jan 04, 2019
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by duality(m): 8:16am On Jan 04, 2019
@op, stop this crap.

Over the years, Delta state has had one empowerment scheme or the other.

There is nothing empowering about trader Money.
It is vote buying and it's unfortunate that state resources are being used for political party vote buying.

When Osinbajo came to delta state he was going about the money sharing with Ogboru and other APC chiefs.

Trader money is Vote buying.

Now the state government want to out buy APC in the state.

Let's say the truth at all times. These money can be better utilized.

But if you think this is the way to go, the masses will be the ultimate losers
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by eendy(f): 8:17am On Jan 04, 2019
philfearon:
All the people that say TraderMoni is vote buying because it's APC, what of now that A PDP governor has adopted same?
I'm happy the petty traders are at least getting something no matter how small.

it's still is Vote buying... why is the vice president going from state to state and doing it himself... where are his ministers and economic team...
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by eendy(f): 8:17am On Jan 04, 2019
philfearon:
All the people that say TraderMoni is vote buying because it's APC, what of now that A PDP governor has adopted same?

it still is Vote buying... why is the vice president going from state to state and doing it himself... where are his ministers and economic team...
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Btruth: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2019
If only Ogun state governor can borrow a sense from this program nii? instead of wasting our money on dead project of APM winning the governorship election in Ogun state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2019
coolsheyi:
It might be little for some people, but it goes a long way to assist those mentioned and intended to give. Do the little u can and let common man on the street feel the positive impact of governance before and after election.
why wait till a few days before election? we deltans have decided that okowa should also go back to his Owa-Alero as buhari is going to Duara

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by philfearon(m): 8:23am On Jan 04, 2019
Mk17:

both okowa and buhari know their time is up so they are doing all they can to impress and confuse voters. don't let them confuse you with their campaign money or else the suffering in another four years will be worst.
how many pot of soup can 10k cook in today Nigeria that 10k is being given to market women?
It doesn't matter... What matters is that the traders got the money.
If government decides to build a forgotten road cuz of election, who gained? The masses!!!
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by urbobo20(m): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2019
Pdp , you can go and rest for at least eight. 20 years is not a joke look at how u have turn my dear state to

1 Like

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by wesley80(m): 8:25am On Jan 04, 2019
duality:
@op, stop this crap.

Over the years, Delta state has had one empowerment scheme or the other.

There is nothing empowering about trader Money.
It is vote buying and it's unfortunate that state resources are being used for political party vote buying.

When Osinbajo came to delta state he was going about the money sharing with Ogboru and other APC chiefs.

Trader money is Vote buying.

Now the state government want to out buy APC in the state.

Let's say the truth at all times. These money can be better utilized.

But if you think this is the way to go, the masses will be the ultimate losers
It's not crap if it creates a means of livelihood for impoverished individuals. The timing is secondary, what is important is that people that need these monies receive them and improve their lives. There was a time these amounts would've been squandered especially with the run up to elections, so why won't anyone in his right senses recognize this is a marked improvement from the norm?
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Printerscanner: 8:26am On Jan 04, 2019
So the PDP state has started hawking money like our erudite Professor. What a shame! PDP now copying a Scheme it has been criticising since. Kudos to Professor (Pastor) Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), Sai Baba. 4 + 4 = 8

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by goodlifehyd(m): 8:27am On Jan 04, 2019
adioolayi:
This time..what do we call this since it is not APC, it is not vote buying ...."Smart Money"
This is coming just few weeks to elections, thats the main definition of vote buying.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 04, 2019
wesley80:

Is the PDP now seeing sense in FG's social protection programmes?

At least they copied well grin grin grin that is the beauty of democracy.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Tonytonex(m): 8:32am On Jan 04, 2019
franklypaen:
Ftc

I feel like crying so I finally made it to ftc grin grin angry grin
2019 go good
Pls what do one stand to gain for been FTC?
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by bender79: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2019
The real election will be in 2023 if you doubt me ask real politicians like Wike
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by bigstan11787(m): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2019
Idiot people.. Can these so called politicians give thier children 10k for upkeep in a day? Buh dy see it like millions in the hand of family women..may God hv mercy on dem
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by 7lives: 8:39am On Jan 04, 2019
philfearon:

Good move, no more chop alone.
You chop alone, you die alone
Some families don't even work in some.foreogn countries, yet their standard of living is higher than those who work hard in Nigeria.
Ten thousand may be small but, to a woman selling ugwu leaves, pepper, onions, egusi, oporoko, dried fish, and as we call it in Lagos here. gbanjo and other hustle business, it's a lot of money.
Let senators and other governors join this laudable project.
People are not smiling, the era of settling few friends and cronies are long gone.
You don't care about the people, don't expect much from the people simple.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2019
philfearon:

It doesn't matter... What matters is that the traders got the money.
If government decides to build a forgotten road cuz of election, who gained? The masses!!!
and if you return them back because of this useless 10k, you suffer for another 4years.
Good leadership is our God given right. removing only buhari will not solve everything for us in Delta here. we can't afford another four years of non-payment of salaries.
okowa must join buhari

1 Like

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by kumakunta: 8:41am On Jan 04, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
That's the way governance should be. Not leaving everything to the Federal govt. The fed govt initiated it and of every state can adopt it, poverty level will be greatly reduced in this country. Most of those market women you see in these markets don't even have stock up to 5000 naira. So empowering them with 10000 N
Naira goes a long way for them. The money might not mean anything to some of these internet warriors. Although most of them their mothers are languishing in poverty in those markets. Kudos to the delta state govt. I hope other states are touching low scale businesses as well.
I laugh when people call trader money scam and being too small for a trader . I have a friend who run a domestic loan platform . He gives out loan ranging from 5k to 20k with interest on it and you need to see how these traders rush and queue to get this loan .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by 7lives: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2019
Jungpablo:
okowa and his cohorts are mad na now when election dor reach e work do this one abi... he must leave 2019 thank God I'm in the state lemme see how many Petty traders will even get this money.

Dem Dem, he will win.
Any politician who has the interest of the masses at heart will always win.
The greedy and the selfish exploitative ones, who uses their position to amass wealth, at the expense of the governed, shall no longer win election in this country.
Citizens are NOT anyone's property, whoever wants their votes should treat them well simple.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by babamadiba(m): 8:53am On Jan 04, 2019
kyaagbanairaland:
10,000 though small but will go a long way for the petty traders.
abi o, not small for Petty traders who's total cos of goods sold are not even upto 3,000.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by gmacnoms(m): 8:55am On Jan 04, 2019
philfearon:
it's still vote buying and means to put cash out for electioneering. Money actually disbursed won't be more than 10 percent
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Bluntemperor: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2019
we Nigerians should appreciate good things when we see it not to politicize them.
For example,the Railway being revitalized all over the Country should be applauded for it will reduce heavy traffic on our roads,especially when they are used to carry Oil,Agriculture products etc which eventually make the roads last longer.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by seunmsg(m): 8:59am On Jan 04, 2019
eendy:

it's still is Vote buying... why is the vice president going from state to state and doing it himself... where are his ministers and economic team...

So, if a minister is the person going about promoting the tradermoni, it is no longer vote buying, right?
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Jungpablo: 9:01am On Jan 04, 2019
7lives:

Dem Dem, he will win.
Any politician who has the interest of the masses at heart will always win.
The greedy and the selfish exploitative ones, who uses their position to amass wealth, at the expense of the governed, shall no longer win election in this country.
Citizens are NOT anyone's property, whoever wants their votes should treat them well simple.

maybe he has their interest at heart but that is where it ends.... in his heart!
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by 7lives: 9:11am On Jan 04, 2019
Kamxin:
This has being in place since the days of ibori to uduahan to Okowa as Empowerment of cooperative societies via SME loan.

But Buhari started his own 4 month to election, so thats vote buying in with hijab cover.

Stop crying Ok?,
If Goodluck had done this before election, may be he would have won.
Instead he was dashing millions to his friends and cronies, which I believed includes you or probably your relatives, of which you are a beneficiary, if not you won't be this bitter after four years.
Ohun to bo sonu l'owo yin o se fi epe wa.
Now how many members of the public benefitted from the millions given to Jona's cronies?.
Una NEVER see anything, the battle is between the PRIVILEGED and the UNDERPRIVILEGED.
Unfortunately for the privileged, the underprivileged are many.
God purnish the devil, make people dey suffer, make una dey party with people:s money, like say una get two heads?.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by philfearon(m): 9:11am On Jan 04, 2019
7lives:

Good move, no more chop alone.
You chop alone, you die alone
Some families don't even work in some.foreogn countries, yet their standard of living is higher than those who work hard in Nigeria.
Ten thousand may be small but, to a woman selling ugwu leaves, pepper, onions, egusi, oporoko, dried fish, and as we call it in Lagos here. gbanjo and other hustle business, it's a lot of money.
Let senators and other governors join this laudable project.
People are not smiling, the era of settling few friends and cronies are long gone.
You don't care about the people, don't expect much from the people simple.
This is what a lot of people fail to understand...
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Indispensable85(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2019
Hahaha. ...... pdp called trader money votes buying.So what is smart money?Pdp is so confused, they're smelling defeat like fried rice.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by 7lives: 9:19am On Jan 04, 2019
Btruth:
If only Ogun state governor can borrow a sense from this program nii? instead of wasting our money on dead project of APM winning the governorship election in Ogun state.

You are a patriot.
God bless you bro
Former senator, who became a governor and later became a nuisance.
The people gave him the opportunity, he is now having the feeling of entitlement, the people will deal ruthlessly with him.
I trust my people.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by ezebunafo(m): 9:20am On Jan 04, 2019
mknigeriagreat:
That's the way governance should be. Not leaving everything to the Federal govt. The fed govt initiated it and of every state can adopt it, poverty level will be greatly reduced in this country. Most of those market women you see in these markets don't even have stock up to 5000 naira. So empowering them with 10000 N
Naira goes a long way for them. The money might not mean anything to some of these internet warriors. Although most of them their mothers are languishing in poverty in those markets. Kudos to the delta state govt. I hope other states are touching low scale businesses as well.
my wife started her jewelry Biz with 5000 naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by duality(m): 9:37am On Jan 04, 2019
wesley80:

It's not crap if it creates a means of livelihood for impoverished individuals. The timing is secondary, what is important is that people that need these monies receive them and improve their lives. There was a time these amounts would've been squandered especially with the run up to elections, so why won't anyone in his right senses recognize this is a marked improvement from the norm?

You are destroying our electoral culture the more, even when we want it to improve.

You think it's just about giving people free money?

How then do we stop money politics.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by Btruth: 9:47am On Jan 04, 2019
7lives:

You are a patriot.
God bless you bro
Former senator, who became a governor and later became a nuisance.
The people gave him the opportunity, he is now having the feeling of entitlement, the people will deal ruthlessly with him.
I trust my people.
a nuisance indeed. I never knew he could turn out like this. I regretted ever casting my vote for him. Gbenga Daniel on the long run was better than him.
Re: Delta State Adopts Buhari's Market Money Scheme by wesley80(m): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2019
duality:

You are destroying our electoral culture the more, even when we want it to improve.

You think it's just about giving people free money?

How then do we stop money politics.

It's called social protection.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Not Accept Any Rigged Election Results – Secondus / Tribunal Judgement Is Sign Judges Cannot Be Intimidated, Says BMO / Does It Mean, The Map Of Biafra Has Been Technically Drawn Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.