Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police (90135 Views)

The Moment Dino Melaye Lifted Tambuwal Up For Stepping Down For Atiku / The Moment Dino Melaye Arrived At His Polling Unit As People Rushed Him / Ekiti Election: Woman Rolls On The Floor As People Celebrate Polling Unit Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by madridsta007(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2019
Kusetic:

Actually they have a warrant for his arrest, they invited him for questioning and he refused to show up. Personally i detest all politicians because they flout the laws of our nation and they purposely destroy the institutions we have for their own benefits and many of us the citizens support them blindly in destroying the system just cause of pittance. So we can talk all we want, until the average citizens refuse to be sentimental in situations like this, we are going nowhere

Ah OK.
The Police and their Media team haven’t been able to show any warrant of arrest as at today. This isn’t a private document. Hence my worry about the purported “warrant of arrest”— which I’m just hearing from you.

Of course if they have one, and they’ve served him and he refuses to honour the invitation they are within their rights to attempt an arrest.

If they do no have one then there’s a problem. And this is my concern.
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by madridsta007(m): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2019
BluntBoy:

You people reading meanings to every arrest are the problem of this country.

Should we be wondering about the motive for the arrest or whether Dino is guilty?

If not that people have become blinded by their party affiliations, why should they be more concerned about motive than how the accused pleads.

It shouldn't matter to you whether Dino is arrested on election day. What should matter to you is whether he is guilty or not.

Buhari arrests this person, you all shout that Buhari arrested him because the person is PDP. You call it witch hunting.

Shouldn't it matter more to you that at least one corrupt person has been arrested?

Even if Buhari is witch hunting, is he witch hunting innocent politicians?

For me, the motive does not matter. Whether a politician is arrested for electoral reasons does not concern me. What concerns me is whether he is guilty or not. If he is guilty, I'm happy.

This is how Nigerians should think. Party politics is killing Nigerians. Even Saraki, whose family impoverished Kwara state, is a god to some people simply because he appears to dislike Buhari who they love to hate.

I’ve addressed this above, sir.

If they have a warrant of arrest, gotten from the courts— they can arrest him if he has refused to show up on the date on the warrant of arrest given. Institutions that work have a process. Following the process deepens democracy in any society. Flouting the process— synonymized as the “rule of law” crashes institutions and ultimately the society. Like I said, politicians don’t feed me so I don’t really emotionally care about their alleged crimes.

If they haven’t and they’ve barged into his house— whether APC or PDP or an SDP Senator, this is wrong for democracy. Totally, totally wrong. Unless we want to officially declare that Nigeria is a military state, this is wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by emmylight4u: 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]

Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by Jloveme(m): 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
alsudan:
Some sick souls think this is cool because their supreme Jihadist is the one enforcing it.

If a Senator of the Federal republic is treated in this manner, then what's the hope of the common man?

Should this kind of man be a senator making laws for u and i You better wake up..go to your ward andstart getting recognized so that we can fight this course together!! Well...thats if yiu are not like him anyways!

1 Like

Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by obailala(m): 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2019
jaxxy:

Yes Dino is wrong and same as the police. That is my point. This same police has disregarded court orders in favor of Dino and also disregarded invitations by the senate. Who hold the police accountable now? The people who should obey the law are actually the ones behaving like Demi gods.

If the police were credible or professional Dino wouldn’t have to be in hiding or disregard their invitations. Do u uphold the law by disregarding it?
Okay the Nigerian police is indisciplined and it's IG has at some point ignored senate invite, so therefore that is a good justification why Dino should also disregard court and police summons.... Okay, I get your point now. After all, it's a jungle we live in.
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by elijahkayode(m): 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Politics in Nigeria is in total turmoil, officials are being teargased in broad daylight, herdmens are still killing our siblings in the east, and president buhari despite his best has failed in his quest to reduce corruption and terrorism because he's yet to come up with a solution to Nigeria problems. Blame games don't cut it anymore, it's time to Reform the government.
Reforming The government would require them to serve voters, not corporate or special interests. I.e (president Trump might be controversial but he's delivering on his promises to his voters and the Americans love him for it)
Public Citizen will also work to empower ordinary citizens, reduce the influence of big corporations on government, open the government to public scrutiny, and hold public officials accountable for their misdeeds.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/reforming-government-first-requires-understanding-it/521004/
The objectives of the reform should be:
1. Establishing a Government System with More Effective Political Leadership
2. Federal Government should only focus on foreign policy
2. Restructuring of National Administrative Organs
3. A More Transparent Administration which would be a major win for the current government policy
4. Streamlining of the Government.
There will be no more regional killings (christians and Muslims will know their rights)
Donald Trump recently Discuss Christian Killings With President Buhari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6VwjX617g
Am sure you will agree with me that the Nigeria government is just like a bloated android device, trust me there are some Federal agencies out there that should be merged which will help save budget, and we will be able to secure our borders and harmonize our identity as a nation, no nation on planet earth survives without a proper citizen data which is a shame cause we don't have one in Nigeria.
Our government will be able to serve the Nigerian populance way better in this 21st century than it's current state afterall the US has a Congressional oversight program that review, monitor and supervise federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation and it has been in existence since 1816 and moreover president Trump has agreed to Reform United States government for the 21st century
https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/management/government-reform/
Nigeria will be 68 be years in a couple of months and this will show that as a nation we are progressing and moving forward. President Buhari should think of this as a birthday gift to us.
Am trying to get this message across to everyone of us who believe in the brilliant future of this great country called Nigeria.
Give us "Hope" in this country, we all deserve it
sign the petition
https://www.change.org/p/muhammed-buhari-nigeria-next-president-must-agree-to-a-total-reform-of-the-government
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by GambaOsaka: 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2019
DINO..... Ajeku iya ni o je grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by SirBunky85(m): 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
fuckerstard:
Lol he dead!

I have no iota of pity for any yeye politician in 9ja..

[img]https://i./2uJz.gif[/img]

Do you think these guys care about the common man?
don't mind dat efulefu of a guy.
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by willyo(m): 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2019

Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by bantudra: 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
fee dee fee must go....
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by BluntBoy(m): 12:39am On Jan 05, 2019
madridsta007:

I’ve addressed this above, sir.

If they have a warrant of arrest, gotten from the courts— they can arrest him if he has refused to show up on the date on the warrant of arrest given. Institutions that work have a process. Following the process deepens democracy in any society. Flouting the process— synonymized as the “rule of law” crashes institutions and ultimately the society. Like I said, politicians don’t feed me so I don’t really emotionally care about their alleged crimes.

If they haven’t and they’ve barged into his house— whether APC or PDP or an SDP Senator, this is wrong for democracy. Totally, totally wrong. Unless we want to officially declare that Nigeria is a military state, this is wrong.

They had a warrant. The police have said this countless times.

When Dino continued to ignore their invitation, they got a warrant and came to his house but he refused to let them in, lying that he was not at home.

Respected lawyers like Falana had earlier advised Dino to surrender. Evidently, the police had a warrant.
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by Ghokes(m): 12:39am On Jan 05, 2019
This guy has talent for Nollywood
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by cardoctor(m): 5:24am On Jan 05, 2019
Too much drama
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:43am On Jan 05, 2019
alsudan:
Some sick souls think this is cool because their supreme Jihadist is the one enforcing it.

If a Senator of the Federal republic is treated in this manner, then what's the hope of the common man?
So someone that is flaunting and displaying his set of Ferrari, Porsche and displaying his garage upandown care about the common man
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 05, 2019
alsudan:

if a senator can shoot to kill a armed police officer, then what is the hope of the common man.
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by aku626(m): 8:25am On Jan 05, 2019
Kobicove:

So you actually believe he fainted...

The guy was just acting grin

I don’t believe either but how do you prove he’s just acting if he sues? You’ve put him under siege for days he can claim so many things. All the process would prolong a court verdict at the end who’s smarter?
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by aku626(m): 8:28am On Jan 05, 2019
Ivoryd1:

I wonder may be some of u guyz still have brain inside ur skull.....common sense dictates d@ he's just acting drama and u are here saying ambulance should be brought for a shameless senator...... Smh for u

So when he sues and prolongs court verdict is better? You’re rash.
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by Kayrich(m): 9:00am On Jan 05, 2019
blessedweapon:
Abeg wetin Dino do sef?

One of his thug on entourage shoot a police at a checkpoint and died. He should go and answer the case.
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2019
Believe me I detest intimidation if any kind by whoever to whoever.
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by MacArthurjohnson: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2019
soberdrunk:
Another blockbuster from Dino Melaye Productions!!! The only thing that annoys me more than "cowardice" after chest beating is homosexuality........ angry
Are you well at all? what has homosexuality got to do with Dino. It can annoy u till thy kingdom come l
Re: The Moment Dino Melaye Fainted, Dragged On The Floor As He Surrenders To Police by adoniza(m): 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2019
sinaj:
Why is this old man like this sef.
Always disgracing himself
Because the current government itself lacks shame.
The entire country is shameless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results / CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender / Snail Seller Meets Governor Akeredolu, Her Customer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.