Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Choosing A Right Career Path For Success - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choosing A Right Career Path For Success (393 Views)

Work-life Balance In A Remote Workplace: 7 Strategies For Success / How To Choose The Right Career Path / How To Choose The Right Career Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing A Right Career Path For Success by Smicks(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hello nairalanders, I am an undergraduate of fuoye studying computer sci 100l going to 200l to be precise but I later noticed csc is kind of like waste of time going to study in institution so I am considering changing my course to mechanical engineering. Plz i need advice on this which has the best prospects in Nigeria In terms of versatility, salary, and employment opportunities. Help me on this. God bless.
Re: Choosing A Right Career Path For Success by walex2bad(m): 2:23am On Jan 05, 2019
Oga stick to your computer science and learn all you can. It's not a waste compared to studying engineering in Nigeria. Nigeria is not an engineering society and we are not ready for it yet. All you do is theory, the few practicals you get to do in school is obsolete when comparednto what you require in the real world.
That's why you find most engineering students delving into programming, and IT generally in order to help themselves.
Sometimes I wish I studied 4 years doing computer science than 5 years doing engineering.
Re: Choosing A Right Career Path For Success by Smicks(m): 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2019
Thanks op. Really appreciate your contribution.
Re: Choosing A Right Career Path For Success by Smicks(m): 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2019
@walex2bad what can you say about the flexibility btw mechanical engineering and computer science in Nigeria. I personally love working in the oil company but they hardly recruit csc grads.
Re: Choosing A Right Career Path For Success by Smicks(m): 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2019
More comments to this needed.... Nairalanders!!!
Re: Choosing A Right Career Path For Success by ruthxzy(f): 12:34am On Jan 06, 2019
I studied computer science, you are right studying computer science in Nigeria is a waste of time but there is a lot of opportunity in computer science if u develop yourself in one area of CSC. So my advice dont change course just develop yourself in one field of computer science

(1) (Reply)

Jeff Bezos Leaves $137 B On The Line Without Prenup In Divorce / Adogho Ogenefejiro Josephine Is An N-power Beneficiary In New Era Primary School / Wealth Advantage Wealth You Can Utilise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.