Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) (33400 Views)

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate / El-Rufai Builds Kabala Costain 230m Bridge (Kaduna Urban Renewal Project) / New Images From Kaduna Urban Renewal Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 10:23am On Jan 05, 2019
PROPHETmichael:

I did my NYSC in Eket and from what I learned, Ibeno used to be called Uquo Ibeno and was under Eket but due to constant war (as per who is the rightful owner of the oil), the men in uniform had to separate them. Brigadier general UJ Esuene died in that war in 1993 after using his influence in the Nigerian Army to mobilise men of the Nigerian Army in conjunction with Eket, Esit Eket and Onna to attack Ibeno who also had Eastern Obolo, Andoni on their side. UJ Esuene and his boys met with superior powers from the waters that Ibeno people acquired (A lady with one eye, one leg, one breast etc). It was not long after that war that Ibeno gained their freedom.

I also notice that despite being the number one oil producing local government in the state, Ibeno hardly get any meaningful development other than renovation of primary schools etc and this trend is still on going (from your other post https://www.nairaland.com/4941036/gov.udom-release-3.5yrsreport-card-projects)

Now my question is, why is this so? Considering the fact that the face of Onna and Eket has received a major boost from Udom (most especially Onna where the governor is from).

Not true, the 19.5km Eket - IBENO DUAL carriage way was commissioned 2018.
The ongoing 55.1km super highway start from upenekang junction in Ibeno to east west road in Oron
This is the most ambitious road project in the country expected to service the ibom deep seaport..

Quantum petrochemical owned by Zenith bank chairman ovia is in ibeno.

Black rhino is building 600MW power plant in ibeno.

Dangote underground gas pipeline first tie in is in ibeno

The biggest of them all the ibom deep seaport is in ibeno and Mbo LGA.
Land in Ibeno, eket esit eket, mbo oron onna etc is hot cake at the moment, investors pouring in by the day. They know what most Nigerians dont know.
Onna industrial corridor attracting investment every day.
Many more things are happening in ibeno. You just dont know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by bravetentewa(m): 10:27am On Jan 05, 2019
Rubbish... You are only posting duplicated pics of one single place. Atabong Roundabout.

That road has been under construction since his tenure started. The stadium has been abandoned, Onna roundabout & Onna head bridge abandoned, all the roads in Eket are very poor state due to Zero maintenance. Ekpene Ukpa road was last week tarred because the traditional ruler of Ekid ( Obong Abia) spoke on the poor state of the road during the Eket day celebrations.

Oga shame on you for marketing failure...

Udom is working but he can do better with resources available to him..

Peace

6 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by na2016: 10:27am On Jan 05, 2019
I have said it before on other threads that this @Atouke is a paid PDP agent from Akwa Ibom state. What worries me more is the fact that he eulogizes a governor whose first term performance is below average all because He (atouke) is from Eket Senatorial district. People like you are the reason the state governor has refused to see that he has failed the common man. Aren't ashamed to be posting repeated shits, mushroom, abandoned looking projects of your pay master here? How does that rubbish you call stadium in Eket compare with GOA at Uyo? Is the state not supposed to be moving forward? It is really sad how a young man has refused to get skills and work to earn a living. Instead you have resorted to cheap media hype of a failure just to get food on your table. How long will you and good number of Akwa Ibom youths keep doing this rubbish? Sad!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Mosminic(m): 10:28am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:

You think this is a local project. Google Yiwui international trade city project and you will be proud that this project has arrived Nigeria. This is going to be probably the largest trade investment in Nigeria .

If Udom was the boasting type of governor. This project would be trumpeted every second because its bigtime.
OK but my observation is that it looks abandoned. Any words on that?

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 10:31am On Jan 05, 2019
Mosminic:

OK but my observation is that it looks abandoned. Any words on that?

You are welcome to visit the site the Chinese builders are very friendly they will answer your questions. The project is very fast in my estimation .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Mosminic(m): 10:32am On Jan 05, 2019
bravetentewa:
Rubbish... You are only posting duplicated pics of one single place. Atabong Roundabout.

That road has been under construction since his tenure started. The stadium has been abandoned, Onna roundabout & Onna head bridge abandoned, all the roads in Eket are very poor state due to Zero maintenance. Ekpene Ukpa road was last week tarred because the traditional ruler of Ekid ( Obong Abia) spoke on the poor state of the road during the Eket day celebrations.

Oga shame on you for marketing failure...

Udom is working but he can do better with resources available to him..

Peace
That was my observation exactly, the projects look very abandoned even from his pictures.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by abiaumo(m): 10:32am On Jan 05, 2019
Chai!! I miss home.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Mosminic(m): 10:32am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:

You are welcome to visit the site the Chinese builders are very friendly they will answer your questions. The project is very fast in my estimation .
OK thank you
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by 2sexycom(m): 10:33am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:

How many industries did Akpabio build in 8yrs?
How many jobs did Akpabio create in 8yrs?
Udom had built 15 functional manufacturing ventures in 3.5yrs with attendant jobs.

Akpabio did well with infrastructures. Udom is building on the foundation that Akpabio started.
Govt. Is a continuum. Lean to give credit where it is due.

If udom had the kind of money Akpabio had in his first 4 yrs the whole akwa ibo. Will have been dubai by now.
okay thanks for the education. I am not from there, neither do I live there. Akpabio did well, even though I do not like his recent romance with APC and I hope Akwa Ibomites do not give APC the chance to get hold of that state.

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 10:38am On Jan 05, 2019
na2016:
I have said it before on other threads that this @Atouke is a paid PDP agent from Akwa Ibom state. What worries me more is the fact that he eulogizes a governor whose first term performance is below average all because He (atouke) is from Eket Senatorial district. People like you are the reason the state governor has refused to see that he has failed the common man. Aren't ashamed to be posting repeated shits, mushroom, abandoned looking projects of your pay master here? How does that rubbish you call stadium in Eket compare with GOA at Uyo? Is the state not supposed to be moving forward? It is really sad how a young man has refused to get skills and work to earn a living. Instead you have resorted to cheap media hype of a failure just to get food on your table. How long will you and good number of Akwa Ibom youths keep doing this rubbish? Sad!!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/4941036/gov.udom-release-3.5yrsreport-card-projects

Here is a link to all the projects that Gov. Udom is carrying out in eket and all the 31 LGAs.
Check it out and sort out the duplicate, then thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 10:39am On Jan 05, 2019
Mosminic:

OK thank you
Yw
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by na2016: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:

Here is a link to all the projects that Gov. Udom is carrying out in eket and all the 31 LGAs.
Check it out and sort out the duplicate, then thank me later.

See, I have more important things in my life to do. Keep singing praise of Udom on nairaland so you can put food on your table. You can only decieve indigenes of another state and not those enlightened ones from Akwa Ibom state!

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Liquid2Metal: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2019
Somehow I still believe this guy could have done better than this considering the amount of resources at his disposal.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by wingmanII: 10:52am On Jan 05, 2019
2sexycom:
to be honest, Udom is far behind in terms of what Akpabio did in his first 4 years. This was exactly my worry when Akpabio was there; who will take over from him and do twice or as much has he did.

Akpabio only built roads in Uyo and his hometown, ikot ekpene. He looted twice the money. Also he had so much more money to play with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 10:57am On Jan 05, 2019
Liquid2Metal:
Somehow I still believe this guy could have done better than this considering the amount of resources at his disposal.

Wbat you are seeing here is highlight of what he is doing in just one Local govt area out of 31 LGAs in the staate.

Here is a list of what he is doing in all the 31 lga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by nuelyoyo(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2019
Ogaga87:
Sometimes I wonder if they are the only oil producing state in naija.. My own State is not as juicy as this state in terms of infrastructural development... But thanks to my sitting governor who is gradually changing things..

Nice work Udom
who is ur sitting governor?
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by obi58: 11:10am On Jan 05, 2019
Atouke:
Its difficult to imagine now but in the late 80s and 90s Eket use to be the place to be. It had more going for it than Uyo or any other city in Akwa ibom

What a bunch of Propaganda because election is around the corner.

Posting pictures of work of 2016 in 2019.

Madelyn hotel that was opened since 2015 na which you dey advertise as just opened.

Haba.

Easy with the propaganda
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 05, 2019
Xander85:
Anything more besides this roundabout?
ZB hope you saw the "more" you asked fir!
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by senatordave1(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2019
obi58:

What a bunch of Propaganda because election is around the corner.

Posting pictures of work of 2016 in 2019.

Madelyn hotel that was opened since 2015 na which you dey advertise as just opened.

Haba.

Easy with the propaganda
All these propaganda and elephant projects will not stop udom from being voted out
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Reference(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
Perhaps my destination for the next holidays. 2017 was in Calabar for the carnival, disappointed. Last year was in Lagos for Christmas... couldn't wait to return... just terrible. Nigeria is a tough place to live in. Certainly not tourism friendly. But I will keep at it.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by B2mario(m): 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2019
Very wonderful. Small Eket of yesterday. Udom has done well.

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Itydee(m): 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2019
This is a most shameful propaganda from you. I'm so ashamed of traitors like you who claim to be from EKET. Going through your posts and others I have discovered you are an Obote man from Onna. How wicked of you to come mock Eket people with false and un-dignifying pictures of Udom's Failures in Eket.
Is it enough to show us drone image of a roundabout that was started in 2007 by Akpabio, Abandoned and Udom has been struggling to build that roundabout for four years now. Do not come to fool us here. The insult and marginalization is too much.
How can you build a 17000 capacity Stadium with direct Labour and no defined plan?
Who is the architect? Who is the Electrical Engineer?. Who is the Mechanical and Structural Engineers for the Project?.
The Commissioner for Sports has squandered all the monies for the Stadium and is building himself an Empire. The same goes for the sitting Governor. Same for the Commissioner of Works.
They want what happened to Bishop Weeks Church to happen to Ekid Sons and Daughters in that death trap of a Stadium. We are watching. I wonder if the Nigerian Society of Engineers and other Engineering Societies are aware of the atrocities Committed and Enforced in that damned Stadium Projects.
All the Roads in Eket are dilapidated and not worthy of use. its sad and unfortunate the Governor rode on the back of being an Eket Son into Power.
I hope he wins an completes his second Term. The God of Justice is starring him in the face.
God will vindicate the just. I think he has come cap in hand begging for a second term. in his mind Eket people are a given.
I wish him Luck in in imaginable places. If he has not placated the fingers that fed and made him Sorry for his future aspirations.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by slimfit1(m): 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2019
YorubaMuslims:

YOU REASON LIKE PROPHET MUHAMMED THE PIG PROPHET

ARE FULANIS TRYING TO RECOVER THEIR LAND FROM MIDDLE BELT NIGERIA?

Ok you don't need to bring Prop Muhammed into it.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Jerom101: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2019
The whole place looking very dirty
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
Nothing spectacular. An earlier thread was opened about same projects 2 years ago and I can't still see any improvement on the stage of works.
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Abia1stboy: 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
Akwaibom is making tremendous progress. Good job

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by gameboyo: 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2019
2sexycom:
to be honest, Udom is far behind in terms of what Akpabio did in his first 4 years. This was exactly my worry when Akpabio was there; who will take over from him and do twice or as much has he did.

What did Akpabio did?
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Pyrusdrago(m): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2019
2sexycom:

Wetin em do all those years for Eket
That you won’t allow us hear wad
No be Uyo and ikot ekpene em zone on...
Na now we come know say Na overhype e been be. but still he did something no Govt has done in AKS.
Exclude corruption n he would Av turn AKS to mini Dubai n not pack our moni go dump dey.
But after em leAve Wetin happen? state broke...

Make Udom develop that side too...the metropolitan is already getting congested.

1 Like

Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by gameboyo: 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
Itydee:
This is a most shameful propaganda from you. I'm so ashamed of traitors like you who claim to be from EKET. Going through your posts and others I have discovered you are an Obote man from Onna. How wicked of you to come mock Eket people with false and un-dignifying pictures of Udom's Failures in Eket.
Is it enough to show us drone image of a roundabout that was started in 2007 by Akpabio, Abandoned and Udom has been struggling to build that roundabout for four years now. Do not come to fool us here. The insult and marginalization is too much.
How can you build a 17000 capacity Stadium with direct Labour and no defined plan?
Who is the architect? Who is the Electrical Engineer?. Who is the Mechanical and Structural Engineers for the Project?.
The Commissioner for Sports has squandered all the monies for the Stadium and is building himself an Empire. The same goes for the sitting Governor. Same for the Commissioner of Works.
They want what happened to Bishop Weeks Church to happen to Ekid Sons and Daughters in that death trap of a Stadium. We are watching. I wonder if the Nigerian Society of Engineers and other Engineering Societies are aware of the atrocities Committed and Enforced in that damned Stadium Projects.
All the Roads in Eket are dilapidated and not worthy of use. its sad and unfortunate the Governor rode on the back of being an Eket Son into Power.
I hope he wins an completes his second Term. The God of Justice is starring him in the face.
God will vindicate the just. I think he has come cap in hand begging for a second term. in his mind Eket people are a given.
I wish him Luck in in imaginable places. If he has not placated the fingers that fed and made him Sorry for his future aspirations.

Which of the round about was started by akpabio in eket? Pls mention it
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
Udom is working
Re: Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) by Atouke: 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2019
Abagworo:
Nothing spectacular. An earlier thread was opened about same projects 2 years ago and I can't still see any improvement on the stage of works.
See who follow join mouth for conversation. What Gov.Udom has done in one LGA is better that what Okorohausa has done in his whole state in 8yrs.
You can take that to the bank.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okada Rider With 4 School Children While On Phone Call (Photos) / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail / 6 Die In Fatal Accident In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.