Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

I Think I Need Some Business Partners! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Think I Need Some Business Partners! (3569 Views)

I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Some Business Opportunities In The Downstream Oil And Gas Sector / Some Business Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 25, 2007
Seun:

I think I'll just spend the rest of my life moderating Nairaland. I can't seem to succeed at anything else. Cheers!
I read your last post and all I can say to you is not to lose your dream(s) because of the responses we are giving you. You can succeed at anything you set your mind on and I believe you are too young to think otherwise.According to David Brinkley,a successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her. We are not trying to kill your dreams, we are just trying to rub minds with you! Don't give up on your dreams,if you can dream it you can do it!
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by freelance(m): 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2007
I think I'll just spend the rest of my life moderating Nairaland. I can't seem to succeed at anything else. Cheers!

Seun by the grace of God you would still succeed at many more things. You have simply learnt one more way the business won't work. That does not mean it won't wuk but it means it might not wuk using that method. Just try and change the method and sure it wud wuk.

Don't get discouraged or lose focus

Why noy just try and use freelance writers for a start and let's see the way things go.

After using them for a while and the blog becomes successful by God's grace then you can employ more full time writers.

There wud be a way out!!!

Wish you all the best and if i think up anything wud let you know!!

Take care and God speed!!!!
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Rlst84sale(m): 12:46am On Apr 26, 2007
Seun

I just stumbled into this thread as I was getting ready to leave the office. Have you considered having investors come on board and arrange some compensational plans for partners that are full time?. Contact me on this and I can shed few more lights on how this could be better structured.
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Orikinla(m): 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2007
Seun,
I would have taken up your challenge, because I am sure of your success.
But as you already know, my hands are full online.

I wish you all the best in your new ventures.

Cheers and God bless.
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Analytical(m): 9:04am On Apr 30, 2007
@Seun,

I was keeping tabs on this thread and was getting encouraged until I came to this line of yours:

I think I'll just spend the rest of my life moderating Nairaland.  I can't seem to succeed at anything else.  Cheers!

Now, that is not the spirit!  Others may not understand you, but you will be doing yourself a disservice if you choose not to understand yourself.  Keep the spirit high and the dreams coming, bigger, brighter and refined!  Joseph was a dreamer and when he was discouraged, he kept dreaming more dreams until one day. . . and his dreams spoke!

Cheer up Seun and dream more dreams!!  Fine-tune and refine it if you have to, but by all means, don't give up!

See you at the top!
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Orikinla(m): 5:59am On May 03, 2007
How many original articles do you want daily?

I can write five articles on a daily basis and pay me whenever we make profit.
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by shinystar(m): 12:48pm On May 04, 2007
I really think Seun deserves all the bashings. He needs to be told the truth: he is too overbearing.

People like him cannot run a partnership but sole-ownership. So I will say he should just hire someone he can fire as soon as he wants. Otherwise a smart partner that he is seeking for will end up a thorn in his flesh.

You have my best regards and wishes
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Seun(m): 2:28pm On May 04, 2007
I don't really feel I've been bashed, neither do I feel I'm going to have any difficulty recruiting intelligent partners.
The sort of person who will say, "everybody bashes Seun so I can't join him" is not my type of person anyway!
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by ajayi1(m): 2:30pm On May 04, 2007
@Seun Just hold on for your dream,
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Rlst84sale(m): 9:51pm On May 04, 2007
When people bash and celebrate your work and achievement show that your stock is rising. When u run into a wall, u should either go through it or improvise a way around it. Keep the ball rolling.
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Seun(m): 10:17pm On May 04, 2007
Thanks, guys. Here's my off-the-cuff writing test:

1) Can you send me a 400 word review of Indomie Noodles?
2) A short article about whether Yar'adua deserves to rule?
3) A short essay about the most embarrasing day of your life?
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by cheexy: 1:11am On May 05, 2007
Seun,
People were just trying to advice you but maybe you did not understand what they were saying. Personally, when i read the first post, i thought "Who is this guy?" ,"Does he want to be a task master or something?" and i am so sure that 90% of anyone that has either viewed this thread or contributed to this thread thought the same way.

The issue is that you did not present your proposal well and now that we (at least i) understand you mean, it seems less "taskmasterish". You are good, no doubt, nairaland is wonderful, cool, but the lesson here is to always consider what the other person might think when reading or listening to whatever you are writing or saying. Nobody hates you or wants to "bash" you. (I am not sure i really know what that slang means). It is just that in everything, the manner of approach matters. Partnership proposals should make the "lower partner" feel like he has a say. This is just a humble piece of advice and i hope you take it so that you don't lose any other profitable business plans you may have in future due to your manner of approach.

Personally, i think the idea is tight.
All hail the gracious and merciful owner of the land!!!
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Seun(m): 1:43am On May 05, 2007
so that you don't lose any other profitable business idea you may have in future due to your manner of approach.
So you think I have "lost" this business? You must be joking. You can't "lose" business ideas like a quiz or exam.
I don't need to be told to use what I've learned from this discussion to improve future discussions. It's automatic!

Having said that, I am mixing up this idea and my web-forum idea to come up with something that is a full expression of all the ideas I have for web-based business. It's something in-between a blog network and a mega-forum. wink
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by anizzle(m): 8:26pm On May 07, 2007
I completely agree that seun set up nairaland and now it is a success!
thats fine but dat doesnt make him what he is actually thinking himself to be.
as far as i know, smf(d nairaland script) is free and hosting cost next to nothing.
it would have just been impossible for a hard worker not to make nairaland work.the script virtually runs itself but the way my brother seun's head has been exploding would make you think he wrote this script.
you were the first nigerian to find it. dats fine and your own luck.do not insult your fellow nigerians with such a lousy deal .cos you have one working site dat you do nothing to keep going.
if you are such a BUSINESS GENIUS, you should show us just one other project you have been able to pull off.you just sit down and discourage people who come with great ideas.

check the post by the fellow that talked about starting a fan club? but seun will hear nothing of it come he is afraid that he might probably be voted out of its presidency.
SEUN smf is the script not NAIRALANDERS. please open your eyes and learn.

And dont you think your not been able to make everyone see how right u "always" are does mean something about the way you think.
if you want a partner, be ready to sit down and talk till you come to terms.
its called NEGOTIATION not dictating.you dont just become administrator because you installed the script.
you are sitting on a gold mine but ur immaturity,paranoia and egocentricity is blinding you.

Thanks for bringing us smf but always remember that it can be larger than what it is now BUT the magic might just not come from you.
loosen up and learn man
all the best
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Seun(m): 9:13pm On May 07, 2007
If you have any writing talent, please display it. What does any part of your rant have to do with this topic? Thanks.
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 08, 2007
Why not?

1. Create a new thread where you possibly will post in different topics(weekly or bi-monthly) and encourage interested fellow members to send in their articles based on the said topic.

2. From their consecutive replies you could detect those with good writing skills and have a dialogue/negotiation with them.

3. Just take your time and keep on dreaming big, you're really doing a GREAT job with script or no script/smf[i][/i], though not everybody'd appreciate this.

4. Lastly You need not re-act/reply to every criticism.

"Criticism: If RIGHT mend your ways, But if WRONG forget it"
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Nobody: 11:59am On May 10, 2007
@ Seun
Try to take alook at this Forum site i just stumbled across(http://www.visordown.com/forums/)it looks similar in structure to yours(nairaland), try and check out the section for Articles, Forum etc. There might be some useful hints.

Best wishes.
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by Seun(m): 2:13pm On May 10, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I will look for a way to sweeten the deal I'm offering to make it more attractive.
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by freelance(m): 4:27pm On May 10, 2007
@ Seun cheesy

That is a good step in the right direction wink

Wish you all the best.
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by ajayi1(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2007
Just do the best of yours.

CHeers
Re: I Think I Need Some Business Partners! by mustapha3(m): 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
i've been real mad lately over selecting a suitable business i could plant my money in but it has never been that easy man!!! Just yesterday the idea of surffing the net poped in my brain. I hanged some posts on the net to get some assistance and by browsing through than tumbled on your post. Well i have little idea of using distance,market and scarcity as a means to an advantage i.e what is cheap and aboundant in my area could be scarce and lucrative in your area but yet not appeling to businessman but to consumer and vice versal. If we can sit and talk in and through some one or two things i think it could be a new beginnig of a pertnership.
Borno State.
almukhtardir@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hallmark Bank Is Back As Ecobank / Whatsapp Group For Builders, Engineers, Plumber,electrician Etc / Needed Urgently For Purchase!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.