Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? (6819 Views)

Poll: Should boys cook?

Yes: 87% (57 votes)
No: 12% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Why Do Some People Like Using Much Seasoning(maggi) In Cooking / Maggi, Knorr, Doyin,vedan, Ajinomoto, Iru: Which Tastes Better In Cooking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Hell yes. Not because of these silly gender-equality drama, but for their own good.
There is going to be atleast a decade from when they leave home for college to when they find a woman. Between those years, they'll need to survive on their own cooking, not buying useless fast-foods up and down. They'll need to survive on their own.

I mean, ladies, why wont you want to train your sons to become wonderful chefs?
Now that is very sensible and pragmatic.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2010
Meklex:

in this economic situation?? They should find a better job a good paying one at that and leave chef work for the woman,
I did not mean they should train them into a career path, but as a mother-Child training. Not every wonderful female cook [like myself] is a chef.

dayokanu:

And where in my post did i suggest boys should not KNOW how to cook or girls should not KNOW how to fix cars.

There is a difference between knowing how to and doing it in the family setting.

If you know how to and you find yourself alone wont you do it?

In Nigeria I can seen couples when their cars break down, the man gets down and start fixing the car or pushing it, while the woman just stand around, The same woman would now complain about equality when it comes to kitchen duties.

Before you married the guy, He was obviously not starving and he can cook what he would eat.

Never said you did, you were leaning towards the usual boring gender-conversation. "should women cut trees and lift weights" yada yada.

Even in a family setting. . . . it doesnt matter what sex tries to get the work done, as long as it is accomplished.

Yea, in Nigeria shoit happens because of their "gender-characteristics" mentality, a lot of that needs to change.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I did not mean they should train them into a career path, but as a mother-Child training. Not every wonderful female cook [like myself] is a chef.

Even as a career it could be extremely rewarding. Gourmet Chefs can make a lot of money these days if they know how to market themselves.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2010
tensor777:

Even as a career it could be extremely rewarding. Gourmet Chefs can make a lot of money these days if they know how to market themselves.
True. And its all worthwhile when you know what's in the food you eat lol,
I've been to restaurants, and I've gotten sick the day(s) after.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by tpiah: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^ in nigeria, right.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by dayokanu(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2010
Tpiah do you want men to do the cooking also? Or you prepare a cooking roster with your husband
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by mamagee3(f): 7:48pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^Is Tpiah male or female?
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Ranoscky(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2010
^
Question! grin grin hehehe. . . me self, i tire o!
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Nayah(f): 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
LOL Vanpee sorry I don't have mobile chicken honey but maybe one day if I come out there in Nigeria I'll cook ndolè for you lol wink but be ready for help oh!
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2010
There is no big deal if the man or boy cook, is not a woman thing only, so guys be warned. As a matter of fact, my husband cooks for the family. So loving!!! Try ittttt jaree
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by mamagee3(f): 12:25am On Aug 11, 2010
STACYM:

There is no big deal if the man or boy cook, [size=25pt]is not a woman thing only[/size] , so guys be warned. As a matter of fact, my husband cooks for the family. So loving!!! Try ittttt jaree
Don't be confused, cooking is a womanly thing but a woman shouldn't be the only one to cook.

Men should also learn how to cook as well that's why boys are given homec classes in schools today.

Even boys/men should help out in sewing clothes and washing dishes.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Akosbaba(m): 2:40am On Aug 11, 2010
Homeboys better learn how to cook,so Good home made meals can be prepared even in the absence of the women
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by manny4life(m): 3:58am On Aug 11, 2010
Hmmm thank GOD for the training my mom gave me. I've been on my own since I entered college, now I live alone, do all myself, and I mean everything including cooking my meals and putting them into storage containers that last for about two weeks. Well that's with few exception that we all go over to mom's house for the weekend and she cooks and bakes for everyone, other than that, shoot, I cook all my food including soups. When I see my friends go over to them Safeway and all those stores to go buy prepared packed meals, and they spend a good money on them, I laugh at them. They won't be spending all that if they knew how to cook, while me I'm saving because I cook, they spend because they don't
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by tyxtyx1: 4:14am On Aug 11, 2010
If the Angels are going to make a significant move before that non-waiver trade deadline on July 31, Napoli could be part of the cost. His power and relative affordability (he is making $3.8 million this year and has not reached his free-agency years yet) combined with the Angels' depth at catcher (with Jeff Mathis and Bobby Wilson at the major-league level and top prospect Hank Conger at Triple-A) make Napoli one of the more moveable trade pieces on the Angels' big-league wholesale jerseys roster.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by HellaBella(f): 5:11am On Aug 11, 2010
Of course boys should help out. All these "traditional" rules sef?

And yes, girls do help out with "manly" chores even when they have brothers.

For example, in the winter time, I sometimes help my brother shovel snow- especially if it is a lot and very cold out. I don't mind helping him. (I've even helped him to mow the lawn!) And usually if I cook, my brother washes the dishes. And he has even cooked when I am at home. Guess what? It hasn't harmed either one of us to do these opposing chores.

People should be reasonable with these things. It doesn't make you less of a man or woman if you do the chores "designed" for the opposite gender once in a while. Geez!
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by crownie(m): 8:14am On Aug 11, 2010
, whats the big deal?
@poster, stop being lazy, go in there once in a while and help out!
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by anamaboy(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2010
boys are to help in cooking, though in the surface you see it as nothing but in future you will see and also reap the benefit, for instace when you eventually become a bachalor, must you depend on eating outside?
or will you allow your girl friend to cook for you? when you know how to cook, you eill cook your meal the way and manna you like it.
please consider that.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by 2sleek2NV(m): 8:40am On Aug 11, 2010
there is nothing wrong in a BOY cooking. while growing up, dad would send everyone to the kitchen to keep mum company whenever she is cooking. in the process, we all learnt how to cook.
As time went by, whenever  mum is coming in late from work, she'ld call and ask us to make (semo, amala, etc this includes soups and stew.) for everyone so it saves her the stress when she gets home. this was like in JSS 2 / 3. we took it in turns (my siblings and 1). it is called HELPING / ASSISTING.

its not a monopoly by the women. its like washing the dishes everyone uses after the meal while my elder and kid sis seats watching TeeVee or browsing. ANYONE DOES ANYHING IN MY HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by mystikal(m): 11:23am On Aug 12, 2010
Don't they already.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Ranoscky(m): 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2010
hmmmm
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2010
mama-gee:

Don't be confused, cooking is a womanly thing but a woman shouldn't be the only one to cook.

Men should also learn how to cook as well that's why boys are given homec classes in schools today.

Even boys/men should help out in sewing clothes and washing dishes.
the mama pls don't contradict my statement am still in line with the majority
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by chamotex(m): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
I'm a beast in the kitchen . . . . please call me the black JAMIE OLIVER
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by aieromon(m): 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2010
Thank God i learnt how to cook through trial and error.I have a lot of male friends that cook so i had no choice but to develop an interest.I really don't see anything wrong in it,knowledge gained can never be wasted time.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Ranoscky(m): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2010
Dis topic has made me false myself to learn how to cook n i can't belyv dat i prepared a delicious stew dat is kiss!!!

(((((Kudos to d poster)))))
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by spikedcylinder: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2010
Big fat yes.
Otherwise that dude won't fry me plantain with one side burnt, the other side fresh. angry
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by TeeJay6(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Big fat yes.
Otherwise that dude won't fry me plantain with one side burnt, the other side fresh. angry

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by zenatta: 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
[[center]font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Y                             E                              S[/font][/font][/center]

[center]They have mouths don't they[/center]
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by newmi(m): 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2010
If this were euro then this question would have been much more appreciatively logical, but be that as it may though because of the pride and ego of many boys today culmiating in their refusal to humbly help out at the kitchen questions like this one has become relatively necessary. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by newmi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2010
zenatta:

[[center]font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Y E S[/font][/font][/center]

[center]They have mouths don't they[/center]

Sure they do and very big ones at that, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
and perhaps significantly big, razor sharp, skin-piercing and born cracking teeth too grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by newmi(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
l've often thought that one of the best and effective means for a man to win the admeration and affection of his spouse is for that man to possess a good skill at preparing dishes.

Most ladies are always more than ready to show-off their man who has great pedigree in the kitchen perhaps for a good number of reason, one of it could be that in the event of their pregnancy or eventual delivery such skill would prove to be immensely important and l do share their thoughts.
Re: Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? by Ladytemi(f): 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2010
Don't know why some fathers think that if their son is learn to cook, then he is being girly. There is nothing wrong with a boy learning to cook, a boy who can cook will grow to be a man who can fend for himself,this is also a skill which will make them more attractive to the opposite sex.
Cooking is not simply a "womanly thing", there is nothing wrong with a husband and wife cooking together, or the husband cooking dinner to help out his wife.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Women Even Cook Anymore / Rice Cooker,Deep Fryer And 2Big Size Pots. Reduced Price 5K,8K and 10K..SOLD / Mouth Watering Jollof Rice + Seafood In Easy Steps ;)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.