Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

"I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks (26711 Views)

Bolaji Abdullahi: Why The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari / Pastor Canon Iyke Egbuonu Says "The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari" / The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari - Fani-kayode Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by naptu2: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2019
I’m not Buhari’s relation – Amina Zakari speaks

ON JANUARY 5, 2019
6:54 PM
By Nwafor Sunday

The newly appointed head of election collation centre for the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for the 2019 elections, Mrs. Amina Zakari has denied having a consanguinity relationship with President Muhammadu Buhari.

Her appointment has generated myriads of criticisms and arguments from opposition’s political parties, Nigerians and Presidency.

Zakari is a princess of Jigawa State. She was born on June 23, 1960 to the late Emir of Kazaure, Hussaini Adamu.

She completed her elementary education at Shekara Girls Primary School, Kano in 1971 and had her secondary education at Queens College, Lagos.

Amina Bala Zakari was the former Acting Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Her appointment took effect from the directive of the President Muhammadu Buhari following the expiration of the tenure of her predecessor, Attahiru Jega on July 30, 2015.

However, since her appointment, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has delved into captious publications, insisting that she has a blood relationship with Buhari.

Presidency yesterday refuted the allegation and noted that Buhari and Zakari do not share a family relationship. In a statement disclosed by the Senior Special Assistant to Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, Presidency averred that “An inter-marriage occurred in their extended families, so the imputation of blood relationship between the President and the electoral commissioner is a simple lie”.

Suffixing on Presidency postulations, Zakari in an interview with BBC News Igbo distanced herself from the niggling allegation that she is bloodily related to Buhari.

Her words, “I am not his niece, I am not his cousin. I was appointed on this same particular job by Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan in 2010. Prior to that I was appointed an A.S to former president Olusegun Obasanjo, and I did my job perfectly”.
Watch video below:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/im-not-buharis-relation-amina-zakari-speaks/

Watch the video here

https://www.facebook.com/BBCnewsIgbo/videos/2006155876135944/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by naptu2: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2019

Amina Zakari: "I'm not his niece, I'm not his cousin and on this job I've been appointed by President Goodluck Jonathan since 2010 and prior to that I was SA to President Obasanjo and I've done my work conscientiously over the years as a patriotic citizen of Nigeria and I don't think I should be distracted now that elections are coming.

BBC But what exactly is your relationship with President Buhari?

Amina Zakari President Buhari is my president, as everybody else's president. He's not my uncle. He's not my cousin, as is being claimed. That's all I can say.

I've been on this job since 2010 and this same president lost an election. The people that are complaining have worked closely with me. They have not in any way accused me of any wrong doing over the years.

I have done my work diligently over the years. I was in charge of political party monitoring for 4 years, from 2010 to 2014. There was not a single scandal to my name and nobody can claim to have paid me or asked me to do anything wrong. And if they have, I would love them to come forward and prove it to the nation and to the world at large.

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by madridguy(m): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2019
WHO IS THIS BUHARI THIS BUHARI THAT, I BELIEVE WE NO LONGER HAVE BUHARI BUT JUBRIN FROM SOUTH SUDAN cry WAILERS SHOULD LET PERSON HEAR WORD.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Shikini: 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2019
Madam,

1) Wasn't Buhari's elder sister married to your father?

2) Didn't Buhari spent part of his growing up in your father's house with you?

3) Are you and Buhari not sister/brother in-laws?

Stories about you marrying Buhari's son are all APC's fabrications to confuse and distract Nigerians. For godsake Buhari has only one son who is about 25yrs old. Is it him you should be marrying?

GEJ appointed you we know, but your term had since expired and Buhari renewed it and secretly wanted to make you head of INEC until your ties with him leaked to the public. You have family ties with the president and therefore morally not qualified to be an umpire in an election involving him. Step down and go away!

245 Likes 31 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Oweku: 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2019
Truth be told, If you are not Buhari's relatives why all the eyebrow around you with the allegations undecided

But if you are...INEC should be change to DNEC sad

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by sarrki(m): 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
All those one know concerns us

4+4=8

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Guestlander: 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
We knew that. It was a lie manufactured by the Profoundly Dishonest Party.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Jonadull: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
sarrki:
All those one know concerns us

4+4=8
Correct man .
Sai baba for life

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Ehiscotch(m): 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
Even if you bring DNA, RNA, fossil, gene and chromosome result they will not still agree.

It's just annoying how dumb people choose to be. Someone has occupied a position for several years and has been assessed and validated even under your masters and all of a sudden you all are spilling poo without waiting for credible info.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Jonadull: 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
Wailers will wail to death

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by sagio09: 7:57pm On Jan 05, 2019
The lazy idiotic pigs of the ghetto Republic wont ever learn. Bunch of miscreants undecided

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by sarrki(m): 7:57pm On Jan 05, 2019
Jonathan:

Correct man .
Sai baba for life

Patriot you are

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by docadams: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
Save it, madam. You can't dribble us with semantics like we're in KG class. Garba Shehu already admitted you married into Bubu's extended family. In that sense you're related, even if not his niece. angry And bmc zombies should save their flabby defenses too. This is not a KG class. That Jonathan appointed you only shows his broad-mindedness, just like he appointed Jega from the north who later betrayed him. Can the chairman of bigotry do same? No, he surrounds himself with his kinsmen, which list is submitted by the green snake and govt controller, Dambazzau. angry angry.
But that's not a surprise. Rotimi Amechi already said Bubu doesn't listen to anyone else, although zombies are deceived by your pretentious austere look and say you're mr 'integrity." Were you, Amina, the only one Jonathan appointed? Bubu could have promoted anyone else as referee, but no, he has to pick his "sister' to fix the match before it's even started. All military heads are his brothers. All heads of security agencies like efcc, customs, nsa and dss are his brothers. Inec head and head of the collation (you, amina) are his kinsmen. Yet, Bubu walks like an "innocenti" grin grin and his worshippers says he's their lord and savior like people who have been jazzed.

MODIFIED: People should stop dodging the issue or trying to play smart by half. I see bmc are already trying to deceive people to gloss over it and view with their tainted eye-glasses. Yes, Jonathan appointed her in to INEC, along with many other people. But was she the only one Jonathan appointed? NO. But, not surprisingly, she was the only one Bubu chose to promote to a sensitive position among all the appointees of Jonathan. Here's the main point again below from the story above. It's the very first line of the story:

"The newly appointed head of election collation centre for the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for the 2019 elections, Mrs. Amina Zakari..."

The keyword here is "Newly appointed." She may have played the same role previously, but if bubu has any iota of moral rectitude in him, why appoint his "sister" again for 2019 election. You guys should stop speaking tongue in cheek and going round in circles. cry lipsrsealed undecided. Jonathan appointed her not as ref, along with hundreds of others. Chief bigot of the century, Bubu picked her and promoted her as referee of the match he's playing in. Classic match fixing. angry angry

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by naptu2: 8:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
The Amina Zakari wahala

1) Amina Zakari was appointed as a national electoral commissioner in 2010 by President Goodluck Jonathan in the run up to the 2015 elections. He said that he appointed her because he wanted someone with integrity in the position.

2) Professor Attahiru Jega's tenure as chairman of INEC came to an end and he decided that he didn't want to serve another term as INEC chairman (despite attempts by some people to convince him to serve one more term).

3) President Muhammadu Buhari appointed Amina Zakari as acting chair of INEC.

4) Rumours surfaced that Mrs Zakari was Buhari's daughter-in-law. The rumours stated that she was married to Buhari's son.

5) Mrs Zakari gave an interview in which she stated that she was not Buhari's in-law in any way.
https://www.nairaland.com/2544322/im-not-married-buharis-son

6) Elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai gave an interview to the Tribune Newspaper and he allegedly criticised the appointment of Mrs Zakari in that interview. He said that he knew Mrs Zakari's father very well (her father was the Emir of Kazaure). He said he knew her father before he became Emir and that her father married Buhari's sister, so it was wrong of Buhari to appoint her as INEC chair.
https://www.nairaland.com/2508932/amina-zakaris-father-married-buharis

7) Alhaji Yakasai gave an interview to Channels TV in which he stated that he never said the things that were published in the Tribune interview. He said that he never criticised the appointment of Mrs Zakari and the reporter added to what he actually said.

I did not criticize her appointment. A reporter only asked me to help him know about her if she was related to President Buhari. I said she was not. She is not even a blood relation of his. What happened is her father married the senior assistant to President Buhari and Buhari went to Kazaure, where her father is from, and stayed there for some time because of the way her father took him like a son.

https://web.archive.org/web/20151002032610/http://www.mailexpressonline.com/buhari-is-not-a-democrat-yakasai/

8 ) President Buhari appointed Professor Mahmud Yakub as INEC chair and the criticisms died down.

9) INEC announced the creation of 2 ad hoc committees ahead of the 2019 election. These are the committee on logistics and the committee on the collation center. Mrs Zakari was appointed as the head of the collation center committee.

10) People criticised INEC and Buhari for appointing Buhari's niece as the person to collate the election results.

11) However, INEC's statement about the creation of the committees shows that Mrs Zakari will not be involved in the collation of the results. Her job is to manage the collation center.

INEC has secured the use of the International Conference Center as the collation center (the same centre was used in 2015) and Mrs Zakari's job is to ensure that there is power at the center (generators/diesel, etc), ensure that there is internet connection for journalists, allocate spaces for OB vans and other equipment for live transmission of the event and ensure that TV stations have all they need to broadcast the event live, etc. It does not involve the actual collation of the result.

https://mobile.twitter.com/inecnigeria/status/1080836363333832704

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by naptu2: 8:29pm On Jan 05, 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Corrinthians(m): 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2019
Let me say this and I want to be as blunt as possible.

Some of us really DON'T CARE if she is Buhari's mother or second wife! As long as the decision hurts that demonic entity called PDP, it is GOOD FOR NIGERIA!

In Olamide's voice: PDP die die die, PDP die! angry

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by naptu2: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Bossontop(m): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2019
undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by AngelicBeing: 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
sad

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Kingspin(m): 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2019
Amina Zakari; why did INEC reverse it decision and restate her?

What is this last minute shopping by INEC for?

9 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by shachris02: 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2019
Shut up.

Your dad married Buhari's sister as one of his wives, making you Buhari's sisters step daughter and Buhari's niece.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by StarUp: 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
Wait a minute... Is she the only competent person there?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Buharimustgo: 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
I wonder why its so hard for this woman to step aside.
Is it that INEC and APC have no Shame?

14 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by AngelicBeing: 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
JasonScoolari:
grin

You're very correct ma, you're not his relative.

We know you to be one of his side chic who warms his bed when he was recuperating in the UK.

We know the unceasing love between you two that's why he calls you back to finish the rigging exercise.

We know you're his preferred pet as Aisha and Lauretta Owochie are no longer seductive enough.

Amina The side chic. grin
Hian, Buhari Al Sudani from Khartoum stopped fúçkiñg since Na, he is too old to fúçk tongue

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Beetobee(f): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
Oweku:
Truth be told, If you are not Buhari's relatives why all the eyebrow around you with the allegations undecided

But if you are...INEC would be change to DNEC sad

Because there are so many evil minded people around. Very mischievous and unproductive.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by philipstanley(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2019
shocked

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Omeokachie: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2019
Why is she lying?

Even Buhari had this to say about their relationship which is also captured in this report...

"An inter-marriage occurred in their extended families..."

Amina, let's try this one more time...Are you 'related' to the president of not?

10 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by sotall(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2019
The intermarriage that occurred between Buhari's family and Amina's family means She and Buhari are in-laws.

This relationship has broken the independent nature of inec.

She can't simply head the collation committee.

That will be tantamount to undue advantage to Buhari

13 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks by Lavoca: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2019
We have heard you, in a country of more than 150m people, it will be criminal to say we can't have another competent and qualified personnel to occupy your seat

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar And Asiwaju Tinubu Net Worth – Checkout Who Is Richer / Osoba Group Dumps APC For PDP In Ogun State / Jonathan Swears In New Ministers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.