Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” (48979 Views)

Emirates And Etihad Airline Staff How Have You Been Surviving? / Man Creates Scene At Airport As He Insist On Traveling Abroad With Passport / Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Prevent Him From Traveling With His “Egusi” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Hotzone(m): 5:52am On Jan 06, 2019
No kidding, I think he deserves whatever they throw at him. Stay in Naija, eat and do any how, no one gives a bleep yet, u choose to go where ur food is not secured

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:53am On Jan 06, 2019
inoki247:
I'm sure if dem tel him to choose between Egusi and London e go choose Egusi...Village people trying to play bet9jaa with is life
Stand for what you believe, sure he's not a first timer to visit London, what is special about London sef, a place you can not displaying madness in peace, unlike Nigeria where you have unlimited freedom.

3 Likes

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Citizen0(m): 5:53am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:
Foreigners are allowed to bring in almost all kind of foods and others they want but for Nigerians to go with ours na wahala.
And this is perpetrated by fellow Nigerians in their quest for bribes.
Buhari claims to be fighting corruption but has not sanitized Nigerian police,customs and all the bribe seeking agencies like NAFDAC, immigration, etc in the airports.
It's outrageous,
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 06, 2019
rentAcock:
Inferiority complex is when the white man is allowed to fly into Nigeria with any food items but you cannot enter their country with common indomie, gala or egusi and these stupid airport workers actually enforce the ban as if their lives depend on it. After going through all this hassle, come .idiot will still spray insecticide on passengers already boarded in the plane right before take off, at least Arik used to do that. This man has a point, we should be exporting Nigerian food and culture overseas and not being restricted because the white man is afraid.

Am afraid it's not the white man enforcing this draconian rule but the old gorillas who run the airport and all the barbaric airport staff who are hell bent on taking bribes and making your lives hell.
There's a different type of depression passengers experience whenever they step into a Nigerian airport. How can I enter the airport with 15k cash and emerge at the security end with 1k remaining. They took almost everything I even had to beg to keep 1k just for a bottle of gulder.

3 Likes

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by dokyOloye: 5:57am On Jan 06, 2019
helinues:

You can't blame the foreigners. We have no good reputations outside Nigeria. Nigerians are being treated specially at almost all the international airport.
We are too wary
If they've searched,scanned the food items,what prevents them from allowing him to proceed with his food?
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by sapeleboi(m): 6:00am On Jan 06, 2019
who will enter London , you or the egusi choose one

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 06, 2019
lol baba wan go eat better soup for london.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 06, 2019
undecided
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by OKorowanta: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:
Foreigners are allowed to bring in almost all kind of foods and others they want but for Nigerians to go with ours na wahala.
Buhari claims to be fighting corruption but has not sanitized Nigerian police,customs and all the bribe seeking agencies like NAFDAC, immigration, etc in the airports.

Must una call Buhari name? Airport authorities and Egusi man get wahala,Buhari! Yahoo boy drink beach water, Buhari! I know say Buhari na mistake buh no be everything him name must appear.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by rentAcock(m): 6:26am On Jan 06, 2019
Bidobado1:

Am afraid it's not the white man enforcing this draconian rule but the old gorillas who run the airport and all the barbaric airport staff who are hell bent on taking bribes and making your lives hell.
There's a different type of depression passengers experience whenever they step into a Nigerian airport. How can I enter the airport with 15k cash and emerge at the security end with 1k remaining. They took almost everything I even had to beg to keep 1k just for a bottle of gulder.

Yeah that's terrible as well, it's a money making scheme

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by AnanseK(m): 6:37am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:

That’s the problem, when Nigerians think Buhari alone should do sanitize The country, it’s people and it’s institutions.

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by AnanseK(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2019
And now...

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by marylandcakes: 6:48am On Jan 06, 2019
I don’t think he should have placed it in his hand luggage.

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by deepwater(f): 6:52am On Jan 06, 2019
rentAcock:
Inferiority complex is when the white man is allowed to fly into Nigeria with any food items but you cannot enter their country with common indomie, gala or egusi and these stupid airport workers actually enforce the ban as if their lives depend on it. After going through all this hassle, come .idiot will still spray insecticide on passengers already boarded in the plane right before take off, at least Arik used to do that. This man has a point, we should be exporting Nigerian food and culture overseas and not being restricted because the white man is afraid.

Emirates does that too

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by efonat(m): 6:54am On Jan 06, 2019
I had that challenge at Gatwick airport but not definitely in Nigeria cos everbody know egusi na. After much explanation, the white man decided to let me go with my egusi.

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Burgerlomo: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2019
paparazzi1987:

baba egusi dey expensive in those stores. Peak milk measurement is $9 here on top wetin grin

Habaa wetin nah D thing no reach 9 bucks cool
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by anonymous1759(m): 6:56am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:

In as much as i don't like Buhari is not everything I blame him for... We Nigerians are naturally wicked to ourselves always taking advantage of the present situation... When there's little traffic bus conductor will triple the tfare for no Reason when the price of fuel is still the same... If you've experienced this before tell me is Buhari's fault...

4 Likes

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2019
Why carry it as part of his hand luggage?
Unnecessary drama.

Except anything oil, one can carry any dry foodstuffs. Even in the almighty British airline.

3 Likes

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by dokyOloye: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2019
anonymous1759:

In as much as i don't like Buhari is not everything I blame him for... We Nigerians are naturally wicked to ourselves always taking advantage of the present situation... When there's little traffic bus conductor will triple the tfare for no Reason when the price of fuel is still the same... If you've experienced this before tell me is Buhari's fault...

If Buhari with his acclaimed toga of non tolerance for corruption(I actually believed him for a little while) has been able to stamp his feet on corruption,d citizens especially public servants will sit up.
For example,if he prosecuted Babachir,Oke,ABBA Kyari etc,don't you feel people would've sat up?
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Cameroonglass(m): 7:05am On Jan 06, 2019
dia country, dia laws.....please Develop ur's
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 7:11am On Jan 06, 2019
SAMBARRY:
isn't it worth it,than carry egusi wet go dey attract unnecessary drama and naija smell

Your load sef go reduce and for how long the egusi go last anyway for him to be making a fuss over one lousy egusi
Last time I checked, carrying egusi & some other food services is not a problem. I want to believe he didn't register & pat at the quarantine services there at the airport. They are the ones that will issue a receipt to you certifying that the food items you are carry are safe to go.

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by anonymous1759(m): 7:11am On Jan 06, 2019
dokyOloye:

If Buhari with his acclaimed toga of non tolerance for corruption(I actually believed him for a little while) has been able to stamp his feet on corruption,d citizens especially public servants will sit up.
For example,if he prosecuted Babachir,Oke,ABBA Kyari etc,don't you feel people would've sat up?

I know PMB is not living up to expectation but Nigerians take advantage of each other... We should be Part of the change too...

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 7:17am On Jan 06, 2019
rentAcock:
Egusi & indomie onion flavour are allowed. But gala, yam, palmoil, maggi chicken etc are not allowed.

Btw, Emirates spray insecticide too. Lol

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 7:21am On Jan 06, 2019
marylandcakes:
I don’t think he should have placed it in his hand luggage.

sassysure:
Why carry it as part of his hand luggage?
Unnecessary drama.

Except anything oil, one can carry any dry foodstuffs. Even in the almighty British airline.
Nobody mentioned hand luggage because it's practically impossible for that thing to be allowed inside the plane.
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by MissJoy29(f): 7:27am On Jan 06, 2019
SAMBARRY:
isn't it worth it,than carry egusi wet go dey attract unnecessary drama and naija smell

Your load sef go reduce and for how long the egusi go last anyway for him to be making a fuss over one lousy egusi
You didn't just say that...

But wait! They are coming for you.

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by simple250: 7:28am On Jan 06, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Stand for what you believe, sure he's not a first timer to visit London, what is special about London sef, a place you can not displaying madness in peace, unlike Nigeria where you have unlimited freedom.

So you like the display of madness in Nigeria

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by fuckboys: 7:32am On Jan 06, 2019
wink2015:

If that eggusi soup get soured will the London bound man not travel abandoning the sour soup?

See how him they show himself for public.
you think he was going with a prepared soup? How can someone be this daft?,

EGUSI SEED!!!!

5 Likes

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Neminc: 7:57am On Jan 06, 2019
This egusi is going to London by fire, by force

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Ishilove: 8:00am On Jan 06, 2019
If the egusi is properly dried then I don't see why he can't carry it along. These overzealous airline staff can be very annoying

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by Ishilove: 8:02am On Jan 06, 2019
MissJoy29:

Egusi & indomie onion flavour are allowed. But gala, yam, palmoil, maggi chicken etc are not allowed.

Btw, Emirates spray insecticide too. Lol
Indomie is no longer allowed. They say it's carcinogenic
Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by bigfather(m): 8:03am On Jan 06, 2019
press9jatv:
London-bound man creates scene as airline staff prevent him from traveling with his “Egusi,” yesterday, in Lagos. watch the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVwrQt-gy6w

Things like dis are not meant to be kept in d hand luggage. He should have kept it in his main luggage.
My last year's vacation,I went with A full roasted goat meat, snails and smoked fish. Though ,those guys can be unnecessarily over zealous atimes, ordinary Eva Water and Gala wey I wan chop b4 take it off, Dem say mke I drop am inside dustbin. I mke sure say I finish am .

1 Like

Re: London Man Creates Scene As Airline Staff Stop Him From Going With His “egusi,” by jrusky(m): 8:04am On Jan 06, 2019
vastolord4:
You can imagine the love he has for egusi soup and the soup demon is disapproving his cargo! Shame to you all searching for visa because an ordinary soup will leave this country without one. Lol

You are not getting the message his anger I'm sure was based on the fact that if it's Asia guy coming to Nigeria with the entire food from China or India he will enter with no stress but when it comes to our citizen those animals at the airport will ask for bribe and if you refused trouble will begin ok.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. / The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It / Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.