Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

What Australians Think About Nigerians - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Australians Think About Nigerians (52608 Views)

Who Noticed This About Nigerians Who Have Family Members Abroad? / Check Out Australians You Would Never See On TV (photos) / New Rwandan Here...what Should I Know About Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by IbrahimDamola: 9:58am On Jan 06, 2019
Nigeria is rotten. The useless country is dead.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by fk001(m): 9:58am On Jan 06, 2019
franchasng:
Shutup!!!

I blame white people for not wiping out entire black and Arab race of which they can do very easily using nuclear and chemical weapons.

People like you hate truth, you are the problem Nigeria has, instead of looking for ways to help curb the corruption and social vices in Nigeria, you are here giving excuses and pointing accusing finger to another nation, are u not ashamed of being a Nigerian and a black man with nothing tangible to contribute to global innovation, growth and development

No wonder great black men like Late Michael Jackson denied being black and tried changing their race, it hurts to be a black person born in West Africa cry

Inferiority complex is your problem bro, your first and last paragraph is so annoying.

Just try and work on your complex issue.

4 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by fk001(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2019
igmacco:
People like u is the reason all this oyibo insult us, i am presently in Australia and have come across incidents like this, i bet they won’t dare say such to me.

I boldly told a fella who badmouth my beloved country. That my father warned me to migrate to Australia due to there drug habit and he apparently look like one. The man nearly faint

Another idiot said something about scam but my response surprised him.. i blatantly said to him that he look poor and malnourished and we can’t scam him. A fuel attendant for that matter

They run crime here, scam and others which is viewed on TV. I use it as a tool when ever i come across this ignorance

Maybe ba moses be my granpapa. Cuz na fire for fire i believe on

God bless you

I will always be proud of my race and skin color wherever I go. And nor matter what happened i will never ever deny my origin and roots.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Jaqenhghar: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2019
datola:
I blame those who are running out of Nigeria. They are compounding the problems.

Let's all stay put here, face the issues ourselves and arrive at solutions to our miralds of problems.

You cant blame those running away. Even if you have a solution how willing are people to change?
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by homirefacuny(m): 10:04am On Jan 06, 2019
dkronicle:
One of my Australian friends used to talk about biafra. She no de tire, she like d topic

My belle o grin
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Joedoyle(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2019
dedons:
We Australians passionately hate Nigerians. We never want to have anything to do with that shit hole country.
I don't blame you for saying that... Your white face didn't tell you that you got a black d*ck under there**. If you think we are more corrupt than your country is, you've clearly seen that the hidden is even more worse than the known.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Timi1990(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2019
urahara:

But why is that Nigerians are synonymous with online scams if Russians are just as worse ?

Nigerian like to show off , you’ll see one small boy that just get $1000 and the whole ikeja and GRA go know say ehn don hammer,video & pics all over Facebook and Instagram; and our media want to make money at all cost particularly bloggers. But if you come across average Russian, Chinese , Philippine scammers they enjoy their money Low key because they know that will happen if the law enforcement agencies find out . There’s a news about a Russian hacker in early 2016 who hacked millions of banks customers details and bought bitcoin with them; then bitcoin value was still low . By the end of 2017 when bitcoin price reached $20,000 that’s when they started suspecting the account owner with so much btc in their wallet . The dude lived in a small studio apartment with millions of cash when he was arrested .

2 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by ADRIAN88(m): 10:14am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Na Nigerians ain't that smart, to be honest Nigeria is a baby in internet fraud business.

Countries like Russia is the king but you'll never ever hear their media reporting such news even USA.

Spot on! If only they knew... South Africans, Brazillians, Russians, the UK, even Americans carry out more internet fraud than Nigerians on a global scale using this particular "Nigerian Prince' scam; we just happen to be the proverbial "Fall guys" of fraud sadly, Lol!

4 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by urahara(m): 10:16am On Jan 06, 2019
Ibrahimanis:
This assertion is based ignorance. It is no where base on fact but perception.

1. Nigeria is not even the most corrupt country in Africa. Heck it's not even among top 10 most corrupt countries. Check Transparency International Corruption perception index.

2. While there is no approved metric for measuring internet fraud, it is generally believed that countries like US, UK and Switzerland, Russia loses more to internet fraud than Nigeria.

And to all those Nigerians who blindly believed what they heard and saw, with verifying first, may God deliver you.

We are not even part of top 30 sef

4 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Joedoyle(m): 10:16am On Jan 06, 2019
Yes! We have corrupt leaders but you white heads stir up the war/conflict in the world... They describe us as formally shithole but can't they see the are actually the present shitholes Sorry, Nairaland, I'll speak plainly here because they need to know what they are. Deceived us and come with the bible and koran to deceive more. God help Nigeria. God deliver us from the adulterers of this world.

2 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by eazriel09: 10:18am On Jan 06, 2019
Nigeria is far behind Vietnam, Algeria, Russia and their Soviets brothers, USA in Darkweb they call Nigerians and Indians Street Kiddo. The Americans knew the biggest scam markets is there in their country and they are numerous of such Markets in The Dark or Deep web which contains more than 80% of the internet unlike the surface web which me and you can access, and for the Russians they have surface web forum where they discuss and share scam tools in the open without the fear of getting arrested.
The truth is most people don't know about the existence of dark web where we have most of this notorious guys but Nigerian scammers give themselves out to the public by perpetrating their scams on Facebook and other surface web website which make everybody thinks they are the real fraudsters.

5 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Jummyju: 10:19am On Jan 06, 2019
dkronicle:
One of my Australian friends used to talk about biafra. She no de tire, she like d topic
like my American woman-friend, telling me about yahoo plus and how pants are now being stolen... I just shock. 9ja don cast.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by urahara(m): 10:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Timi1990:

Nigerian like to show off , you’ll see one small boy that just get $1000 and the whole ikeja and GRA go know say ehn don hammer,video & pics all over Facebook and Instagram; and our media want to make money at all cost particularly bloggers. But if you come across average Russian, Chinese , Philippine scammers they enjoy their money Low key because they know that will happen if the law enforcement agencies find out . There’s a news about a Russian hacker in early 2016 who hacked millions of banks customers details and bought bitcoin with them; then bitcoin value was still low . By the end of 2017 when bitcoin price reached $20,000 that’s when they started suspecting the account owner with so much btc in their wallet . The dude lived in a small studio apartment with millions of cash when he was arrested .

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by StevenOba: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Na Nigerians ain't that smart, to be honest Nigeria is a baby in internet fraud business.

Countries like Russia is the king but you'll never ever hear their media reporting such news even USA.
Opsec and mindset is the watchword. Shout-out to those that keep cashing out cool.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by dajan03: 10:29am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:

na who steal 10 naira dem dey disgrace pass. pesin wey steal billions na hero
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Timi1990(m): 10:29am On Jan 06, 2019
urahara:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

You never hear about Wellsfargo & BOA check scam grin I open cap for Russian & Chinese hackers

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Offpoint: 10:31am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:

God bless you brother, Media is responsible for all this shįt, I'm not saying Nigeria is a saint, but when it comes to internet fraud, Russia and USA are leading... but you'll never hear it on the media.

2 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by godwon01(m): 10:42am On Jan 06, 2019
No white man or woman will say any good things about Africa or nigeria. They see us as poverty riding continent. They knew average nigeria are highly educated and that is the reason why they talk I'll of nigeria all the time. They can never take instructions from any black boss ,that is the reason why they used all those nasty words about us to frustrate us.They are bloody racist. They just pretend as if they like us.They hate black people. The way our people die in the meditaranian they are so happy.They are only pretending to help.

4 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 06, 2019
Most of those blogs are responsible for the portrayal of Nigeria has a degenerate country.

Give high iq people the internet and they build with it , give low iq people the internet and they'll destroy their own image without even realizing.

Instablog should be banned , a big chunk of the negativity is coming from them . Hell bent on ruining our reputation. Nairaland should embrace positive, progressive news .

I came across a video of mob Justice in Nigeria on Facebook, posted by a Nigerian. The whites were calling us savages and every other names under the sun, I reached out to the poster to delete, he refused..

Their is something wrong with the mind of a Nigerian..

I rest my case.

5 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Timi1990(m): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2019
cry chai I remember MMM and the number of people worldwide who lost their money to that Russian idiot .

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Abagworo(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:

Nigerians even bear the brunt of Ghana "Sakawas" as to most Oyibo every dark man with African accent flaunting wealth is Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by celestialAgent(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

My brother God bless you for this..

All these so called gee boiz we have here are babies when it comes to hacking and Internet scams. Russia na number one. infact Russians have the best hackers in the world. but u won't hear them or the government talk about it.

well, like the saying goes ----The empty barrel makes the loudest noise.
If only they know all the tools they use in their scams are coded by the Russians and Indians undecided

Nigeria media truly needs a total overhaul.

2 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by degamemaster(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2019
plainol:
This is Nigeria!
'
A nation with a leader whose Identity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose age is in question.
A nation with a leader whose certificate is in question.
A nation with a leader whose competence is in question;.
A nation with a leader whose integrity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose patriotism is in question.
A nation with a leader whose followers' sanity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose love for humanity is in question
'
Welcome to Nigeria,
'
The home of most gullible and confused people on earth.
The home of people starving to death but chanting Sai Baba!
The home for the Poor and sickly myopic political followers
The home where anomalies are normal
The home where a Failed leader is seeking Re-election
The home where truth is hate-speech and lie is truth
The home where democracy is upturned and youths don't talk
The home with a leader with an open nature of Adolf Hitler.
'
Our home, where we have a leader,
'
Who stole NNPC's $2.8 billion (1977), $25billion (2018)
Who mismanaged $150 million PTF (1998)
Who has caused this nation brain-drain by his incompetence
Who believes that lawful expression is a treason
Who cannot tolerate criricism or opposition
Who has actively supported and encouraged terrorism
Who made our treasury experience rape and drain
Who is legendary for tribal and religious bigortry
Who insults Nigerians at will before foreign audiences
Who defies court order having no regard for Rule of Law
Who is anti-people...never signing bills good for masses.
'
You are welcome to a nation with a leader whose business in office is blame past government while having no competence to deliver on his own campaign promises. Sai, what a nation!.

Beautiful ! Permission to copy/paste and share .
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by adidison(m): 11:05am On Jan 06, 2019
datola:
I blame those who are running out of Nigeria. They are compounding the problems.

Let's all stay put here, face the issues ourselves and arrive at solutions to our miralds of problems.

A lot of people don't even realise there is a serious situation? We are not ready to fix the country man. Change shouldn't start from the leaders, it should start from the people, when we (change our stupid mentality) the leaders will change ... but now they don't even care and take us for granted and nothing will change. It's really sad.

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by dkronicle(m): 11:05am On Jan 06, 2019
Jummyju:
like my American woman-friend, telling me about yahoo plus and how pants are now being stolen... I just shock. 9ja don cast.
chisos
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 06, 2019
plainol:
This is Nigeria!
'
'
Welcome to Nigeria,
'
'
'
'
You are welcome to a nation with a leader whose business in office is blame past government while having no competence to deliver on his own campaign promises. Sai, what a nation!.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by adidison(m): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2019
Freedem:
Most of those blogs are responsible for the portrayal of Nigeria has a degenerate country.

Give high iq people the internet and they build with it , give low iq people the internet and they'll destroy their own image without even realizing.

Instablog should be banned , a big chunk of the negativity is coming from them . Hell bent on ruining our reputation. Nairaland should embrace positive, progressive news .

I came across a video of mob Justice in Nigeria on Facebook, posted by a Nigerian. The whites were calling us savages and every other names under the sun, I reached out to the poster to delete, he refused..

Their is something wrong with the mind of a Nigerian..

I rest my case.

Exactly what I just said ... the mind set needs to change ... but I am happy there are smart people like you around ... because I know one day you will become great and will lead by example. Bless!

3 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:14am On Jan 06, 2019
celestialAgent:
If only they know all the tools they use in their scams are coded by the Russians and Indians undecided

Nigeria media truly needs a total overhaul.

Really??
So all those tools were coded by Indians and Russians before our gee boiz use it??
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Squillionaire: 11:16am On Jan 06, 2019
Ibrahimanis:
This assertion is based ignorance. It is no where base on fact but perception.

1. Nigeria is not even the most corrupt country in Africa. Heck it's not even among top 10 most corrupt countries. Check Transparency International Corruption perception index.

2. While there is no approved metric for measuring internet fraud, it is generally believed that countries like US, UK and Switzerland, Russia loses more to internet fraud than Nigeria.

And to all those Nigerians who blindly believed what they heard and saw, with verifying first, may God deliver you.

I was going to say the same thing. I have had the privilege of travelling and living across climes and as well as meeting quite a number of foreigners over the last 13 years, yet no enlightened person amongst of them have made the kind of sweeping remarks the OP alluded to, on Quora. I personally think it is only ignorant people that will make those type of sweeping remarks. Most well-travelled people, understand that there are bad elements in every society and it is wrong to project the character of a few on the entire country.

Take the case of a 67 year old White man, Micheal Neu arrested in Louisiana for sending out scam mails, posing as a Nigerian. Although he isn't Nigerian, his activities would have been attributed to Nigerians until he was arrested.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/12/30/nigerian-prince-email-scammer-louisiana/992073001/

Most importantly, as Nigerians, we all have an obligation to one another to conduct ourselves properly, wherever we travel to, so that we don't mess things up for the next person coming in.

3 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by boxypane(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2019
Thanks to lazy youths who blame the govt for their share stupidity.

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Elliot2(m): 11:23am On Jan 06, 2019
okonyia:
They are ignorant, and lack research. Even I agree with you we need a lot of work to build and rebuild our image, it also very important for you to keep telling those of them that want to hear about Nigeria. You can also talk to your lecturer, and tell him he is wrong. For your friend,you can start the campaign with him and his family.
telling them that they are wrong is not one hard job to do,but telling them that they should test the next Nigerian to confirmed how true u r is the problem. The average Nigerian will disappoint u even before u could finish your image salvaging lecture.
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by jrusky(m): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2019
plainol:
This is Nigeria!
'
'
Welcome to Nigeria,
'
'
'
'

Bro you deserve 1,000 likes. You 've said it all. God bless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related / Likely Questions To Expect At The Port Of Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.