Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad (3993 Views)

Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Binikingdowm: 8:26am On Jan 06, 2019
These are the most travelled ethnic group found mostly outside Nigeria neck it Europe, America, Asia or other Africa countries.

1: Igbo - they are found virtually everywhere in the world be it Europe or Asia but they are mostly concelebrated in Asia countries.

2:Edo - just like igbo they are found mostly outside their country like USA, Europe they have a population of 10-15 million just in Europe alone.

3: Yoruba- they are found in Togo,benin republic, UK and co, they are wide spread.

4: Hausa- they are found mostly in Africa countries but also in Islamic countries like UAE.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 06, 2019
True

My list

Yoruba
Edo
Igbo
Hausa

4 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by oilPUSSY(f): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2019
OP how many monikers do you have ?

3 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 06, 2019
oilPUSSY:
OP how many monikers do you have ?
undecided

You think I'm the op?
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by iammo(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2019
Nigeria and our love for throwing around unverified, uncoalated figures and statistics.. soon another tribe would come up with a kangaroo statistic about how their tribe is the richest in Nigeria based on what he saw in their village this december, yet another one with fake census would say they are the most populous tribe yet they cant win an election without under age voters

7 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Lajet: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
True

My list

Yoruba
Edo
Igbo
Hausa

This Yoruba man how can Yoruba have more population more than Igbo outside the country

14 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Rednaxelot: 9:09am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
undecided
You think I'm the op?
I don die gringrin
Definitely, this is OP's other monicker.
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by oilPUSSY(f): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2019
Lajet:

This Yoruba man how can Yoruba have more population more than Igbo outside the country
He's the same person with OP.
He opened a thread and replied with an alternative account with different view so as to attract traffic and attract unnecessary argument even when he knows the truth. ..
He's from Edo.. He's only trying to be smart.

10 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by chriskosherbal(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2019
I think I will go with the op on this ...

1. Igbo- these set are found in anywhere in the world cheesy ....infact anywhere you can't find them then you have to start doubting if there exist humans in that country.

2. Edo

3. Yoruba

4. Hausa.....these set don't have time for abroad especially European countries as we as America.

2 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2019
Rednaxelot:
I don die gringrin

Definitely, this is OP's other monicker.
Na you know
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 06, 2019
oilPUSSY:

He opened a thread and replied with an alternative account with different view so as to attract traffic and attract unnecessary argument even when he knows the truth. ..
grin nairaland theory, I'm not the op oo.

Yoruba language is official in Togo, Benin republic, Brazil, Caribbean countries.

They are certainly more populous than igbos on outside Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 06, 2019
chriskosherbal:
I think I will go with the op on this ...

1. Igbo
2. Edo
3. Yoruba
4. Hausa.....these set don't have time for abroad especially European countries as we as America.
Hausa travel to other Africa countries like mail, Niger to trade
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Rotimi47: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
True

My list

Yoruba
Edo
Igbo
Hausa
Yorubas are all over the world.

There is hardly a Yoruba person that don't have a family member or relatives abroad.

I can give you 30 or more from mine straight away and they are all mostly citizens while the remaining ones are residents.

Most travelled in the 60s.and never came back while my dad came back and died here in Nigeria.

We also have lots of igbos whom I met at one time or the other; like pals, friends and business associates.

You even hear them speak igbo in sky rise parking lots and underground lots; They work and have fun just like we do.

8 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by oilPUSSY(f): 9:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:

Yoruba language is official in Togo, Benin republic, Brazil, Caribbean countries.

America, Russia, France and China nko ?..You didn't Include them..

2 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by chriskosherbal(m): 9:26am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Hausa travel to other Africa countries like mail, Niger to trade
ok, what of trading in other part of the world, Europe and America for example, I know it can't be 100%, few do go to Europe and America compared to other tribes that's my point .
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by BolaAdeyemo: 9:30am On Jan 06, 2019
Binikingdowm:
These are the most travelled ethnic group found mostly outside Nigeria neck it Europe, America, Asia or other Africa countries.

1: Igbo - they are found virtually everywhere in the world be it Europe or Asia but they are mostly concelebrated in Asia countries.

2:Edo - just like igbo they are found mostly outside their country like USA, Europe they have a population of 10-15 million just in Europe alone.

3: Yoruba- they are found in Togo,benin republic, UK and co, they are wide spread.

4: Hausa- they are found mostly in Africa countries but also in Islamic countries like UAE.

10 million Edo people in Europe alone

What's the population of Edo or did you include Italians and spaniards too as Edos?

8 Likes

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by PapalsBull(m): 9:33am On Jan 06, 2019
Edo, especially the women are found in places like Naples, silicy in Italy and Germany doing what they know how to do best.

Kiss the truth grin

1 Like

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by PapalsBull(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2019
[s]
oilPUSSY:

[/s]
Hide your your head in shame, bro.

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 06, 2019
oilPUSSY:

America, Russia, France, China nko ?
Igbo outnumbered other tribes in America,russia and China

Edo outnumbered Igbo in France
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by PapalsBull(m): 9:44am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:

The guy behind the oilpussy moniker is man who operate different handles simultaneously.
Pot calling kettle black.

1 Like

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by oilPUSSY(f): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Igbo outnumbered other tribes in America,russia and China

Edo outnumbered Igbo in France
Where is your source for back up ?
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Where is your source ?
where's your source saying igbos outnumbered Edo, Yoruba in all those countries.

The population of igbos in Nigeria is like the population of Edo in Europe, quote me anywhere
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by ngadaAwo: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2019
[s]
PapalsBull:

The guy behind the oilpussy moniker is man who operate different handles simultaneously.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by oilPUSSY(f): 9:49am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
where's your source saying igbos outnumbered Edo, Yoruba in all those countries.

The population of igbos in Nigeria is like the population of Edo in Europe, quote me anywhere
SMH.

1 Like

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2019
PapalsBull:
Edo, especially the women are found in places like Naples, silicy in Italy and Germany doing what they know how to do best.

Kiss the truth grin
oga is okay, those people are like 5% of Edo people in those places.

There are igbos in Asia that are doing drug business, will you say all igbos there are drug pushers?

What about the Yoruba in southern America?

1 Like

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2019
oilPUSSY:

SMH.
bro it's true, every family have people abroad
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by IsaAbubakar: 9:56am On Jan 06, 2019
[s]
PapalsBull:

[/s]
claptrap and stupid trash
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by thatigboman: 9:57am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:

are the yoruba natives of togo and benin Nigerians?
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by PapalsBull(m): 10:46am On Jan 06, 2019
[s]
IsaAbubakar:

claptrap and stupid trash
[/s]

Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by IsaAbubakar: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2019
PapalsBull:
Buhari is a certified kunu sipping monkey
wink
Re: The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad by Pigsandidiots: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2019
Funny op, Edo is 10 to 15 million in europe alone. What us the population of edo people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Southeast And Southsouth Rejects Sowore Led Revolution / Throwback: Ademola Adeleke Kneeling Down To Beg Omisore Not Defect To APC. / Peter Obi Should Remove South South From His Nonesense.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.