Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns (855 Views)

2 Nuns Became Pregnant Working In Africa, Catholic Church Investigates / Pastor Dave Ogbole Accused Of Sexual Abuse After Defending Pastor Fatoyinbo / Diocesan Priests Impregnate 30 Nuns! Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns by Barondenigeria: 10:05am On Jan 06, 2019
More women have been sharing their stories of sexual abuse by Catholic Nuns lately. According to CBS News, an American, Trish Cahill was drugged and sexually abused by nun Sister Eileen Shaw, starting when she was 15 years old. Cahill reportedly went to visit Shaw to confide in her about past molesting by her uncle who was a priest, but what she got instead of protection, was more abuse. Cahill told CBS News, “I would have done anything for her. I would have died for her.” Cahill continued, “She gave me everything that was lacking that I didn’t even know I was lacking. I was so broken. She filled in all those pieces.”

Now, Cahill realizes that what was happening was sexual abuse. According to CBS News, Shaw was giving Cahill drugs and alcohol while also showing her how to have sex with women.

Cahill told the outlet that she would spend her days with friends and nights, weekends and summers with Shaw where she would be sexually abused.

Another woman speaking out about abusive nuns is Mary Dispenza.

Dispenza, who is a former nun, told CBS News that she too was sexually assaulted by a nun.
She recalled the experience in an interview with the outlet. Reportedly, Dispenza was called to her superior’s office. She said, “I knelt down right next to her and she kissed me all over softly, my face… and I want to say, ‘Oh but it wasn’t bad,’ but it was. And I’ve carried it with me until today.”
The former nun is working with The Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests (SNAP) to offer resources and support for victims of sexual abuse by clergy members. Dispenza said that since the Pennsylvania Grand Jury report was released last year outlining hundreds of cases of sexual abuse by priests, she has had 18 people reach out to her to share their stories of sexual abuse by nuns.

While her experience was traumatic and heartbreaking, Cahill told CBS News that she is determined to speak up about her experience. She said, “This is the beginning of many, many times more that I get to speak and I get to educate, and I get to, possibly, prevent this from happening to anyone ever again.”

https://insiderpostonline./2019/01/06/more-women-open-up-on-sexual-abuse-by-nuns/

Re: More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns by kachi19: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2019
They actually believe they could live all their life till death a virgin? na so!!

Re: More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns by Uploadme(m): 11:15am On Jan 06, 2019
lipsrsealed

Re: More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns by EbukaHades10(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2019
Do they mean this nun?

Re: More Women Open Up On Sexual Abuse By Nuns by obonujoker(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2019
They had better go and get married, and stop wasting their time... These mum nuns....

(1) (Reply)

Tolu ilori Message / Shock As Native Doctor Storms Orphanage Home To Do This (photos) / At Last, Prophet Odumeje Apologise To Arondizogu And Awka People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.