Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. (4075 Views)

Asaba Traditionalists Curse Those Sending Money From Abroad To Fuel Cult War / The End Of Mankind / 10 Disturbing Illustrations That Perfectly Depict The Sad Truth Of Mankind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2019
grin grin

I welcome you all to this thread. I opened this thread to talk about ties between Yoruba and Arab.

The Yoruba race is a mystery to many. It is open, yet veiled; it stands in public, yet detached; it shares many knowledge openly of itself, but many remains crypted; you can touch it, but it is metaphysical; from any angle you look, Yoruba remains an intrigue......"the more you look, the further into the beginning of mankind it reveals". Yoruba is an archive of stories of mankind and his beginnings. When you study Yoruba ancient customs, the legends of its epochs, their deeds, practices, traditions, philosophies, it all stands credibly in affirmation of the Old Testament, parts of New Testament and the Quran.

Yoruba should be viewed as a classic of creation, humanity and its living world.

In Yoruba, the purpose and meaning of life and the relationship of phenomenons are indeed explained far beyond the narrations recorded in Holy scriptures, in which by far many factuals are twisted, their concepts misunderstood by the scribes that made the recordings, the gaps in language interpretation left void, and as well becoming victim to succeeding political orders that introduced and ascribed new translations and arrangements into it. There is no Holy Scripture more authentic than the authenticity presented in Yoruba. Yoruba is Holy!

Wholy derived Holy.

In the true scope of mankind and relationship to divine nature and plant life, animal life, terrestrial and celestial....Yoruba is indeed Wholy!

In the quest to unravel, unveil, unearth, decrypt, demystify, decode and delimit Yoruba, the discussions we have had in here in Nairaland about Yoruba is nowhere near the volume of studies, research, inquiries, that are invested into the review of Yoruba as the model and prototype of primordial beginning. As we speak scholars in different fields of specialties are studying Yoruba knowledge of botanicals, of alchemy, of mathematical orders, of sound and harmony, of how physical energies relate, of arts and theatricals, of politics and state rule....and so on.

So on this forum we have discussed at length the perceived relationship between Yoruba and Egypt, Yoruba and Hebrew, Yoruba and Canaan, even went into what was called Yoruba borrowed words from Arabic.

Yoruba never borrowed words from anybody. Yoruba is the authentic language of ancient Hebrew and Aramea, which covered from Mesopotamia to Egypt inclusive, an area popularly called The Fertile Crescent. This is not saying Yoruba is the only language, no, that would be wrong...but Yoruba is the dominant and root of other languages in that place.

In Europe, German is the dominant and root of all their languages and even monarchies. Yet its babies, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese are global lingua franca, not German, the root. This is possible due to change in world order transmitted through political force and religious indoctrination.

Similarly, Yoruba, the parent and root of Semitic and Akkadian languages was displaced by its babies when new orders were introduced in political dominance and religious followings.

In fact not only was Yoruba language displaced, their civilization was also displaced. In the end Yoruba migrated out to find a new civilization in the place where it is currently known in Nigeria.

In this thread I will show that Arabs were successors of Yoruba in Arabia, and that though modern Arabic is a lingua franca across many nations, its root is semitic which derived from Yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by Tobimillar1(m): 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
Waiting for part 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by akigbemaru: 1:24am On Jan 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
grin grin

I welcome you all to this thread. I opened this thread to talk about ties between Yoruba and Arab.

The Yoruba race is a mystery to many. It is open, yet veiled; it stands in public, yet detached; it shares many knowledge openly of itself, but many remains crypted; you can touch it, but it is metaphysical; from any angle you look, Yoruba remains an intrigue......"the more you look, the further into the beginning of mankind it reveals". Yoruba is an archive of stories of mankind and his beginnings. When you study Yoruba ancient customs, the legends of its epochs, their deeds, practices, traditions, philosophies, it all stands credibly in affirmation of the Old Testament, parts of New Testament and the Quran.

Yoruba should be viewed as a classic of creation, humanity and its living world.

In Yoruba, the purpose and meaning of life and the relationship of phenomenons are indeed explained far beyond the narrations recorded in Holy scriptures, in which by far many factuals are twisted, their concepts misunderstood by the scribes that made the recordings, the gaps in language interpretation left void, and as well becoming victim to succeeding political orders that introduced and ascribed new translations and arrangements into it. There is no Holy Scripture more authentic than the authenticity presented in Yoruba. Yoruba is Holy!

Wholy derived Holy.

In the true scope of mankind and relationship to divine nature and plant life, animal life, terrestrial and celestial....Yoruba is indeed Wholy!

In the quest to unravel, unveil, unearth, decrypt, demystify, decode and delimit Yoruba, the discussions we have had in here in Nairaland about Yoruba is nowhere near the volume of studies, research, inquiries, that are invested into the review of Yoruba as the model and prototype of primordial beginning. As we speak scholars in different fields of specialties are studying Yoruba knowledge of botanicals, of alchemy, of mathematical orders, of sound and harmony, of how physical energies relate, of arts and theatricals, of politics and state rule....and so on.

So on this forum we have discussed at length the perceived relationship between Yoruba and Egypt, Yoruba and Hebrew, Yoruba and Canaan, even went into what was called Yoruba borrowed words from Arabic.

Yoruba never borrowed words from anybody. Yoruba is the authentic language of ancient Hebrew and Aramea, which covered from Mesopotamia to Egypt inclusive, an area popularly called The Fertile Crescent. This is not saying Yoruba is the only language, no, that would be wrong...but Yoruba is the dominant and root of other languages in that place.

In Europe, German is the dominant and root of all their languages and even monarchies. Yet its babies, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese are global lingua franca, not German, the root. This is possible due to change in world order transmitted through political force and religious indoctrination.

Similarly, Yoruba, the parent and root of Semitic and Akkadian languages was displaced by its babies when new orders were introduced in political dominance and religious followings.

In fact not only was Yoruba language displaced, their civilization was also displaced. In the end Yoruba migrated out to find a new civilization in the place where it is currently known in Nigeria.

In this thread I will show that Arabs were successors of Yoruba in Arabia, and that though modern Arabic is a lingua franca across many nations, its root is semitic which derived from Yoruba.

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 2:13am On Jan 07, 2019
We are going to do this thing in a way to make it engaging and fun. Im going to give you reasons to think and reflect and question what you knew before now about Yoruba and about Arab.

My first throw of the hand is about a name called GARUBA, or GARBA.

This is not a Yoruba name. It is not an Arabic name. This name is traditionally Hausa. The name predated Islam in Hausaland and belonged in the age when Hausas worshipped gods. Its an ancient Hausa name.

In this name you can see the R--B-- root.

Arabs call Wednesday ARBEA. Hausa call it LARBA. Here you can also see the R--B-- root.

Arabs call themselves ARAB and Hausas call them LARBAWA.

The R--B-- root occur here again.

Look at the similarity between Hausa words for LARBA and for the race of LARBAWA. The WA postfix is usually a possessive to indicate identity or connote a position.

Therefore it can be said that LARBAWA are people of LARBA, or Wednesday. Does this even make any sense? How can Arab be a people of Wednesday, a day of the week? What is the relationship? Thr name will explain itself, perharps.

So we ask Arab to tell us what the name ARAB mean. They say it is the name of their progenitor, Yarab ibn Qahtan. To distinguish themselves from others they adopted his name as their identity....became ARAB.

We ask Hausa what does LARBA mean in their language. They say it is adopted through Islam and Arabic language. In other words, they don't know what it is but whatever it is or means was donated through a foreign religion. Similarly, LARBAWA is denotion for a people known as ARABS.

So in essence we have Arabs that don't know what ARAB means beyond the fact it is name of an ancestor, and we have Hausas who use many of the R--B-- root consonants and just dismiss it as a foreign language brought through religion.

The connection between ARBAE and LARBA on one hand, and ARAB and LARBAWA is explained by YORUBA language and in a very strange but truthful history.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 7:13am On Jan 07, 2019
In the old and ancient days the responsibility and obligation of recording and transmitting Yoruba culture and history was done orally and also through a writing system called Ajami.

There is nothing special about Ajami to be feared. I know mention of Arabic terms sometimes set people on edge, but Ajami is just more intimate and spirited to Yoruba language than latin. In fact when Bishop Crowther standardized Yoruba language he did not use the full diacritics for the letters, thus robbing some of the word pronounciation depth and emotions.
The diacritics on top are tonal reference but the ones on bottom are vowels sounds. He used partial diacritics on bottom.

After the standardization the responsibility to record and preserve our history gradually moved away from oral to written. Initially there were competition between Ajami and Latin scripts but education in western culture gave strength to Latin and thus it became expected that our scribes must be trained in western education.

So what happened to the treasures of Yoruba history previously recorded in Ajami, were they translated into the new style of writing for preservation? No! The new age scribes back then (late 1800s and into early 1900s) were graduates from Christian theology schools and were not trained in Arabic scripts.

The new scribes were faced with a struggle. Understanding enough of meanings in their native oral form and giving it the depth and emotions proper for its meaning and sense. In other words, becoming the transmitter not just of words, but also of the emotive they invoked and the drama that should follow.

As a result Yoruba culture in writing suffered mis interpretations and mis translations in its journey from the oral source and into the libraries.

All the earlier scribes of Yoruba history and culture in Latin script were either catholic, methodist or anglican priest.

As an example of one such works, Rev. Samuel Johnson published The History of The Yorubas. The published work is draft....pieces of thoughts and insights that existed in disjointed form to frame ideas and information into a composition. The original work was sent for publication in UK. It was never found after that....mysteriously dissapeared. After that loss his younger brother, Dr. Obadiah Johnson collected the draft to create a new composition. This reconstructed work is what we now have as academic reference on Yoruba History.

Beside this, the oral history continues to be applied as filter for shaping accuracy on written history.

Finding the Ajami records and interpreting them will be a major but important accomplishment for our knowledge and to fill gaps.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 7:57am On Jan 07, 2019
When we review written records we still often find mis interpretations of meanings and intent. They often reveal a gap and betray the author's shallow grasp of Yoruba cosmos and pantheon.

Yoruba culture and philosophy by default is full of courteous mannerisms and noble and upright usage of words. Yoruba will not give a negatively connotive name to its children. Yoruba will not willingly attract to itself negative vortives in the natural space. Therefore all things in connection with the Yoruba cosmos and ethos are expected to be clean and positively influencing.

So when we look into days of the week in Yoruba we find for Wednesday that it is Ojo Riru. Our scribes have mis interprwted it in their recording as a day of confusion. They call it the day when confusion enter the Yoruba cosmos. grin grin

So can we say all Yorubas born on Wednesday are born into a day of confusion? Im sure Yorubas will reject that association....but it follows logic, that we must not do anything on Wednesday so this confusion will not be our portion. In fact we can start to blame Wednesdays for tasks on that day that resulted in zero accomplishment.

Its absurd!

Riru, iru can mean many different things, but particularly when abbreviated or shortened, it can mislead away from the original sense and meaning. Thats what happened here.

Greco - Wednesday
Yoruba - Ojo IRUBO (the day of offering to the sustainer).

Notice the R--B-- root.

Now, lets take it alltogether....

Greco - Wednesday
Arab - ARBAE (named after ancestor)
Hausa - LARBA (donated by religion)
Yoruba - IRUBO (offering to deity)

I stripped the Hausa because it was a place holder here. It served no origin purpose for my comparison. I will revisit later.

So how did Yoruba come about IRUBO?

Our ancient history show that we are a people of offering and deity worship. The deity is a sustainer and nourisher, while God is the owner and authority on which the sustenance and nourishment is possible.

No person praises and reveres milk that nourished and sustained him as baby. We all praise and reverence mother.....but mother's milk is on the authority of God. So while we reverence mother and gift her and submit to her in appreciation and love....we never forget God we still worship Him who authorized the milk to flow.

This is a sense of relationship Yoruba has with deity and the divine authority of God. In fact Yoruba accept the mother as a cult in her own right....a deity! Orisa bi Iya ko si!

Now, Yoruba also claims it was an occupier in Mondiana in an ancient past. Yoruba has never in its history claimed Arabia. Yoruba does not know anything Arabia because its an identity that came after our departure from that area. What we knew was IRUBO. We made offerings at the altar in the temples...in Jerusalem, in Mecca.

The priest that has power to enter the altar and give the offering is who we call ARABA.

So where did Arabs get their own corresponding LARBA for Wednesday, do they make offering on that day as well?

grin grin

Their fore fore fore fore fathers were originally Yorubas in Mondiana that made offerings to deities. This is what connected them to the R--B-- root.

Their ancestry was into IRUBO.

We go continue this thing o. Make man go chop agoyin beans first. grin

Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

1 Like

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2019
To understand relationships and power politics in The Fertile Crescent in the ancient times the earliest of written records is what is narrated in Old Testament, New Testament and Quran. If we find any parallel record to this and concerning that region it would stand to reason that its narratives would as well be closely comparable and interchangeable....or even act as a proofing to certain degree.

The origin of Yoruba in Mondiana came through oral accounts retold by scions of those who kept record of Yoruba Histories spanning thousands of years through transmissions across generation chains.

Not only did they tell the history, they presented us with the markers as well.

Some of those markers will also feature in this thread discussion, particularly a place called Ado.

I will also reveal why the story of Yoruba as original owner of Mondiana is not corroborated on the Arab side.

Whether they corroborate or not, many features of their language show Arabic to be a corruption of Yoruba language and lexicon.

The prinicipal mode of worship at the genesis of Arabian race was deity worship. We find that even now Islam has displaced and wiped out deity worship all over Arabian land, elements of supplication and rituals to ancient deity worship are still stuck in their new faith, its rites and creeds.

Whether in Mondiana or IleIfe, those same elements are alive in Yoruba cosmos and deity worship till today, consistent with practices of the ancients.

Some of the practices in Arabia that were borrowed from Yoruba...

1. Assigning Wednesday as the day of offering.

2. Circumambulating the Kaaba

3. The altar in Kaaba

4. Prostration to the Sustainer and Nourisher of the worlds.

In next posting I will talk on Ado and why its prominent in Yoruba.

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:28am On Jan 08, 2019
I had a second thought about going into discussion on Ado. I think this will be premature at moment to do so. I do not believe what I have shared so far is convincing enough to tie Yoruba and Arab fast together. That must first happen before discussion on Ado.

I am going to establish convincingly....in a way it would be hard to disprove that Yoruba was an occupant and Priests of Mecca before Arabs arrived later and took it over.

I want to reproduce for you at this point an interaction that took place between two of my revered teachers here on this forum. This interaction between these two guys opened my eyes and led me to my own discoveries. Enjoy it. grin
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:30am On Jan 08, 2019
Here is their exchange...

2prexios:
Bros me, you are right o, but my tot is, it is an oriki of the same sort as 'Olokiki Oru'. It is the same idea that some brilliant ancient wordsmith made to 'midnite britening monarch'. Ancient Yoruba had scholars, maybe they were responsible for all Yoruba keywords. As to RU, riru ebo, I think it is the process of 'carrying' the ebo that is 'ru'. But when you say 'A bo RU bo Ye o! RU is identical with Ye. RU-BO is BO-RU, BO-YE. To bo Ye is to make sacrifice to Ye. Then study the response of the priest: A bo Ye bo Sise o.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:31am On Jan 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Exactly!
So then, what is ebo? Why do we give an offering at all?
You are creeping up on something..
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:32am On Jan 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:
On the distinction between the Sun and the moon. Remember in the Yoruba cosmos, there is a principle of duality. Visualize Sun and Moon in terms of the duality present in the Land of the Living and Land of the Dead!

Sun is the principal deity of the living consciousness.
There are other stars in the day time but are not visible to the naked eye.

Moon is the principal deity of the living "unconsciousness".

The Sun guide our outward actions - will, and the Moon guide our inner feelings - mood.

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:32am On Jan 08, 2019
2prexios:
Absolutely. The Yoruba are aware of the sun and if they choose to allude to it they can. They have a concept that says Irawo osan ti bagba l'eru, that is, there are symbolic afternoon stars. But as to Yoruba, they were saying 'beacon in the dark' or ObaYoRu, that is, ruler of midnight brightness. The light that rule other starlets, so to speak. We have a great name. I'm proud to be Yoruba.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:33am On Jan 08, 2019
2prexios:
Thanks baba. You know you subscribe to Noa, I subscribe to Abraham. The name Ebora is Yoruba version of Abram. It is only in Hebrew culture that you have ebo (sacrifice) central to a peoples existence, as you have it in Yoruba. Ebo is offer, Irubo or Ibo is offering, something (food) you give in anticipation of favour. When Abraham offered ebo, birds came to feed on it, likewise Yoruba will say 'bi a ko ba rigun, a ko gbodo sebo'. Ebo is what you give to the ancestors to receive their favour. If the ebo vanish-Ebora, then it is said 'Ebo fin, Ebo gba, ire wa de Orun'. Ebo is the ancient Yorubas way of saying their prayer. Riru Ebo Ni Gbeni.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:34am On Jan 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Lmao! Thats very true, my obsession with Noa is endless!

You have hit the nail on its head and truly this is the root of the name Yoruba. You provided the skeletal version, I will add meat to it.

Yoruba has no religion. Ifa and Orisa are our culture and sprout with our origin.

We believe in one Supreme Being from which emanated the divinity of deities.

There is creativity, that which the Supreme Being spoke or caused to BE. There is divinity, that which was before creations.

So in creation itself there were witnesses or aids or chaperons or ushers or handlers....whatever suits our imagination to call them.

The divine class is the target of EBO. So that when we offer EBO we do so in supplication for their aid and their guide and their love.

But why even make the offering at all? Their aid and guide and love for what...why?

Because Ori was created, and Ori exists in a malevolent realm and Ori is blind. In order for Ori to see he must have a guide, an aid and the love of benevolence.

So Ori needs a diviner and the diviner is who Yoruba call ARABA.

We have lost many ancient words with origin in the Yoruba language...fortunately ARABA is still with us.

Araba is the master diviner
Irubo is the act of offering
Atan or Aton is the altar dedicated for giving the offering
Ebo is the offering itself.

How did all these end in a people coming to be known and called YORUBA?

The livelihood of Yoruba in its birth, life and death stages is enshrined in IRUBO.

The name AKU stuck on us because every motion and stillness of a Yoruba society is expressed as an AKU moment. We never miss an opportunity to AKU-something. AKU is our time clock for recognising state of motion and inertia. We therefore can call it our statement of ENERGY in the universal rule that energy is never created but changes state and form. ...whether it is kinetic or stationary.

Eku Irin, Eku Ijoko, Eku Ise, Eku Isimi....

Araba is not a borrowed word, it is authentic Yoruba word. Yoruba is derivative of Araba, meaning those who divine. So what is the etymology of ARABA and why is this important?

Repeatedly through the ages and from credible sources in oral and written history it is established that the foundation for the Kaaba was laid by Abraham. It was an altar for sacrificing to the divine. This was before Judaism, which came when Children of Israel were given faith through Moses, who was of the lineage of diviners. Moses' brother, Aaron, was the Chief Priest of the people and from him the articles of faith and the creed of altar worship and blood offering evolved to become a faith.

So Aaron was a Master Diviner, Abraham was a Master Diviner, Noah was a Master Diviner. In fact Noah was perharps the first instructed on animal and blood sacrifice on the altar.

These were all Semitic people, or so we believe. Master Diviner in their tongue is called Rabbi.

Master Diviner in Yoruba is called Araba.

Yoruba would have been in its original something close to Araba, such as Ya'Raba, the followers of Araba or the People of Divination.

Araba, Rabbi, Arab, Yoruba, are all the same lineage in form and meaning.

To truly drive this home and drop a bombshell that for a long time I have restrained myself from bringing up in here, I would like to take all the readers and observers in here back to the Yoruba oral roots.

First, I would like my Muslim and Christian readers to please have an open mind here. This is not a religious discussion, it is strictly an exploration into the culture and meaning of Yoruba and I am not able to fully unveil and demistify the knowledge without touching on subjects very dear and close to your faith and heart. This is not a disrespect or lack of belief, I believe in Oneness of God as taught and practiced in Yoruba philosophy and I also believe in the divinity of his Highness. So bear with me brothers and sisters.

The tradition that Yoruba came out of Midian is true, and it is a fact that the Kaaba in Mecca is a shrine that housed an altar which at one time before Judaism, Christianity and Islam, belonged to Yoruba diviners who housed their objects of deity worship in it and offered their sacrifices in it.

I asked if any Yoruba know where the Yoruba name Salome came from. No one has yet answered this question. How about Gebu, anyone know where it came from? Dawuda, Apata, Gebu, Salome...all authentic Yoruba names used culturally long before we knew Islam or Christianity...and yet are all present in the Bible. How is it possible?

Many people still believe that Arabic or Semitic sounding terms in Yoruba language are non-origin and were results of assimilation from our closeness and sharing border territory with Hausa. I started to expose authentic Yoruba names and terms that are cognate with Semitic tongue and for which no equivalence exist in Hausa language. I would like here now to stretch the expose further and let Yoruba take pride in their own origin and authenticity.

At a time when world order revolved around Babylonia and Egypt and Mesopotamia, Yoruba was a Supreme power and colonist in Afro Asia. Yoruba left and relocated after loosing power and influence and refusing to conform to a new world order that emerged behind it.

Ifa was a progeny of the Abrahamic faiths and the Yoruba cultural rituals is the legacy which founded Islamic prayers.

In Mecca, shortly before the beginning of the ordained Hajj they have a period they call Umrah. Loosely it is called lesser Hajj but technically it was meant as a cushion window between the material and the spiritual

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:35am On Jan 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Here are some of the questions I raised in the lost post.

1. Hajj is a visitation or a journey tha takes one away from home for a period of time and is Arabic.

Ajo is a journey away from home for a period of time and is Yoruba.

2. Umrah is preparation or readiness for the spiritual Hajj ordained as a tenet in Islam.

Imura is the Yoruba word for preparation or readiness to enter or begin an act.

3. During Hajj pilgrims entering the sanctuary called Bayt Allah shave all body hair, men shave the head in addition, and wrap a white loin cloth around the body to perform circumambulation of the Kaaba.

Ifa initiates, in particular Obatala devotees, shave head and are wrapped in white loin clothe as they entrr into the shrine.

These rituals are corresponding. Is there a connection between Bayt Allah and Obatala?

4. Kaaba is derived from Kaab, meaning in Arabic, a position of grandeur, honor, prestige and glory.

Yoruba say Kaabiyesi to a King in grandeur, honor and prestige.

5. Muslims are enjoined to face qiblah when worshipping in prayer. In other words, face towards the Kaaba to worship Allah.

Ojubo in Yoruba is literally the center or facing of the altar where offering is sacrificed to the divinities.

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:38am On Jan 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

6. At the entrance to the Kaaba is a black stone. It is a laterite rock.

Why is this stone at the entrance to Kaaba? Well, it is explained very well in Yoruba culture.

In Yoruba divinity Esu Elegbara is the gatekeeper and interlocutor between divinity and humanity. He is the one thst opens doors so Ori can access the portal, matrix, womb, and partake in divine blessings. Esu is the access to salvation.

Christians, take note...nobody goes through the divine father except through Esu!

Muslims, pay attention...El, Ala, are Yoruba denotes for Allah. El - God, Agbara - Greatness or Powerful. What do you say when you praise God as the Greatest or Most Powerful? You say Allahu Akbar!

Gebar, Gebur is Semitic for Greatness or Most Powerful.
This is where the name Gabrel came from. The Yoruba equivalent is Gebu.

Yoruba associate Esu with laterite rock...and in every shrine of Esu in Yorubaland there is a laterite black stone sitting in there....just as a black stone is mounted at the entrance to the Kaaba.

There is more to discuss on this topic of finding the meaning of Yoruba andthe root of its origin and it cannot all be covered in here. I do want to say to those who are ignorant of the knowledge that Yoruba is a progeny ofthe Abrahamic faiths. Muhammed (May Peace and Blessings of Allah be with him) did not approve of heretical practice but I doubt that he was against Ifa practice considering that all the rituals of Islamic worship took their roots in Ifa principles and the habits of worshipping divinities in and around Mecca.

Im stopping here for now.

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:41am On Jan 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Before signing out I consider it very important that i again ask for forgiveness if i offend anyone's faith or belief system. Im only pointing to the root of my own culture and finding truth and pride in its greatness.

Noah, Abraham, Moses, Aaron, Jesus, Mohammed, were all Arabas and they divined.

Yoruba stuck on us because we are the true progeny of the line of Noah, a people of divination.

Arabs will supplicate to God and say Ya Rabb or Ya Rabbi. Well, Rabb or Rabbi is not one of the names or attributes of Allah. So who is Rabb?

Irubo - divine grace!

Edumare a fun wa se o, mo ki gbogbo wa ku odun!

This is what inspired me to find out more about the R--B-- root.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:46am On Jan 08, 2019
Their converstion and exchange went further into even deeper clarifications and interesting additional points. I cannot be these guys but I am a good student and learnt a lot here. If you want to follow them go here.....

https://www.nairaland.com/1976967/origin-name-yoruba/3#29156146
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 4:48am On Jan 08, 2019
I will be sharing more information later to tie Yoruba and Arab together...

Modified
grin grin grin
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 5:49am On Jan 09, 2019
So I continue with the exercise of tying Yoruba and Arab together as one consistent link of culture separated by civilization, one the originator, the other a successor.

There are two prominent markers for Arabs.

1. The pre-Islamic deity worshipers in the North.

2- the post-Islamic dynasties in the South.

The pre-Islamic was identified as Koreish, also called Quraysh or Quraishi or Koreishi.

The second, that of dynasties is identified as Qahtan and tribes of Adramit (Hadramaut) and their settlement of Oman and the Hijaz. I will discuss these people when I get to talk about Ado and Adimu and all that.

For now lets inspect KOREISH.
This is a marker for those known as a people that greet or reverence or give obeisance to ORISHA.

Ki orisha
Ki oreish
K'oreish
Koreish

The Koreish occupied and controlled Mecca. The Koreish were descended from the lineage of Kinana, the same lineage which Sultan Bello and Ahmed Baba recorded when they described Yoruba as Banu Kanaana, the tribe of Nimrud.

Progenitor of Koreish was Adnan, son of Ad.

The Koreish controlled Mecca and vicinity, Kaaba included. Inside the Kaaba they had an altar and also carved images symbolizing their deities (Orishas). To these images they will prostrate and give greetings and offerings to the Orishas who they will beg to intercede on their behalf before Almighty God, the one and only. The images served only as physical object to focus the service and meaning for their faith in the unseen and invincible Orishas. These carved images were called SIGIDI. This is already explained by metaphysical in one of the quotes from him on this thread.

When Koreish prostrate he will touch his forehead to the ground and implore his Orisha to bring him divine goodies and give him salvation and success in his material posessions and in afterlife.

This act of prostration exist in Yoruba culture as well. The Yoruba always has a altar in his household or in a shrine. The first act of the day is Ibori. He prostrates infront of his sigidi and pray to Orisha for his survival overnight, for his daily bread, for his family and material posession and then for his return home in safety and wellness. This prostration Yoruba call ISOJUDE.

A new world order then arrived and disrupted the normal and mainstream culture in Mecca. That new order was Islam. It came through Prophet Muhammad (saws).

Muhammad himself was a son of Koreish. He grew up in the ways and traditions of those who prostrate to Orisha. His practice in divine glory, through greetings and offerings to deities served as a conduit through which his consciousness opened and able to receive holy inspirations when Angel Gabriel or Jubril appeared to him. He became an awakener for his own people and a leader throughout the whole world. May his soul rest in everlasting peace, Amin!

He set many pillars around the practice of the faith. One of them is daily prayer for his followers, Muslims.

A muslim will first perform ablution to enter a state of cleanliness.

He will then stand facing Kaaba, the sacred Temple.

Next he will begin with an intent to clear his mind.

He will then say Allahu Akbar.
Metaphysical explained this. He said this means God is the Greatest. He then gives its Yoruba cognate to be Olorun Al' Agbara.

He recites Fatiha (1st chapter of Quran) followed by another chapter and then bow over with hands placed on the knees. Muslims call this position Rukuuh.
Metaphysical explains its Yoruba cognate as Orukun, which in the language refers to knee.

The muslim will come out of the bow position and stand upright, then immediately go into prostration and touch his head to the ground. Muslims call this Sujuud.
Metaphysical explains this is Yoruba position for Isojude.

So it appears that certain aspects of muslim rites of prayer took origin from the practices in Kaaba where the Koreishi submit himself in prostration to greet and honor his Orisha. In fact the positions in those prayers coincide with similar positions observed by Yoruba when he goes before his altar to greet his Orisha. In addition, the muslim lexicon in the rite of prayer are cognates in Yoruba descriptive words for body parts employed or engaged in that respective action.

The Koreish were Aborisha like the Yorubas. They would enter Kaaba and give offerings on Wednesday. That's how IRUBO (ARBA) became a day of reckoning on their calendar just like it did for Yorubas Wednesday called IRUBO (Ojo Ru).

Yoruba and Koreish shared culture but were separated by civilizations.

When we talk of borrowed words, Arabic borrowed from Yoruba.
I will show this more clearly when we do name attributes. That would come after discussion on Ado.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by labani06(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
#ImperialYoruba I don land woo

1 Like

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by labani06(m): 4:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
We are going to do this thing in a way to make it engaging and fun. Im going to give you reasons to think and reflect and question what you knew before now about Yoruba and about Arab.

My first throw of the hand is about a name called GARUBA, or GARBA.

This is not a Yoruba name. It is not an Arabic name. This name is traditionally Hausa. The name predated Islam in Hausaland and belonged in the age when Hausas worshipped gods. Its an ancient Hausa name.

In this name you can see the R--B-- root.

Arabs call Wednesday ARBEA. Hausa call it LARBA. Here you can also see the R--B-- root.

Arabs call themselves ARAB and Hausas call them LARBAWA.

The R--B-- root occur here again.

Look at the similarity between Hausa words for LARBA and for the race of LARBAWA. The WA postfix is usually a possessive to indicate identity or connote a position.

Therefore it can be said that LARBAWA are people of LARBA, or Wednesday. Does this even make any sense? How can Arab be a people of Wednesday, a day of the week? What is the relationship? Thr name will explain itself, perharps.

So we ask Arab to tell us what the name ARAB mean. They say it is the name of their progenitor, Yarab ibn Qahtan. To distinguish themselves from others they adopted his name as their identity....became ARAB.

We ask Hausa what does LARBA mean in their language. They say it is adopted through Islam and Arabic language. In other words, they don't know what it is but whatever it is or means was donated through a foreign religion. Similarly, LARBAWA is denotion for a people known as ARABS.

So in essence we have Arabs that don't know what ARAB means beyond the fact it is name of an ancestor, and we have Hausas who use many of the R--B-- root consonants and just dismiss it as a foreign language brought through religion.

The connection between ARBAE and LARBA on one hand, and ARAB and LARBAWA is explained by YORUBA language and in a very strange but truthful history.

I am a hausa man from north actually the arab call Wednesday as Yaumul arba' not Larba and it our tradition in the north to name a baby base on the day the baby was born Garba is a name giving to a baby that was born on wednesday .
and the word Larabawa is not derived from wednesday u have to know this Hausa people are known for trading even before the coming of Islam our Ancestors Travel as far to middle east On Camel and horses our ancestors made a contact with the arab hundreds years from the coming of Islam the arabs use to come to hausaland and buy what they want without introducing islam to hausa people . i think those hausa people u mate are illitrate so all those word you hear in hausa lang are not brought throught religion please .

1 Like

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 3:35am On Jan 11, 2019
Welcome bro, and thanks for joining me here.

Thanks for elaborating on the pre-Islamic contact between Hausa and Arab. This would be at a time when both cultures observed worship to deities. Correct?

On the Arab side.
Yauwma - the day of....
Yauwma arba - the day of arba.

What does the arba mean?

On the Hausa side.
Larba - Wednesday.
Garba - child born on Wednesday

What does this arba mean in Hausa?

In fact, Yoruba will say "ayamo", or "ojo" to signify "day". I didn't even know there is Yauwma in Arabic with same meaning. Im glad you shared that.

2 Likes

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by Olu317(m): 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
So I continue with the exercise of tying Yoruba and Arab together as one consistent link of culture separated by civilization, one the originator, the other a successor.

There are two prominent markers for Arabs.

1. The pre-Islamic deity worshipers in the North.

2- the post-Islamic dynasties in the South.

The pre-Islamic was identified as Koreish, also called Quraysh or Quraishi or Koreishi.

The second, that of dynasties is identified as Qahtan and tribes of Adramit (Hadramaut) and their settlement of Oman and the Hijaz. I will discuss these people when I get to talk about Ado and Adimu and all that.

For now lets inspect KOREISH.
This is a marker for those known as a people that greet or reverence or give obeisance to ORISHA.

Ki orisha
Ki oreish
K'oreish
Koreish

The Koreish occupied and controlled Mecca. The Koreish were descended from the lineage of Kinana, the same lineage which Sultan Bello and Ahmed Baba recorded when they described Yoruba as Banu Kanaana, the tribe of Nimrud.

Progenitor of Koreish was Adnan, son of Ad.

The Koreish controlled Mecca and vicinity, Kaaba included. Inside the Kaaba they had an altar and also carved images symbolizing their deities (Orishas). To these images they will prostrate and give greetings and offerings to the Orishas who they will beg to intercede on their behalf before Almighty God, the one and only. The images served only as physical object to focus the service and meaning for their faith in the unseen and invincible Orishas. These carved images were called SIGIDI. This is already explained by metaphysical in one of the quotes from him on this thread.

When Koreish prostrate he will touch his forehead to the ground and implore his Orisha to bring him divine goodies and give him salvation and success in his material posessions and in afterlife.

This act of prostration exist in Yoruba culture as well. The Yoruba always has a altar in his household or in a shrine. The first act of the day is Ibori. He prostrates infront of his sigidi and pray to Orisha for his survival overnight, for his daily bread, for his family and material posession and then for his return home in safety and wellness. This prostration Yoruba call ISOJUDE.

A new world order then arrived and disrupted the normal and mainstream culture in Mecca. That new order was Islam. It came through Prophet Muhammad (saws).

Muhammad himself was a son of Koreish. He grew up in the ways and traditions of those who prostrate to Orisha. His practice in divine glory, through greetings and offerings to deities served as a conduit through which his consciousness opened and able to receive holy inspirations when Angel Gabriel or Jubril appeared to him. He became an awakener for his own people and a leader throughout the whole world. May his soul rest in everlasting peace, Amin!

He set many pillars around the practice of the faith. One of them is daily prayer for his followers, Muslims.

A muslim will first perform ablution to enter a state of cleanliness.

He will then stand facing Kaaba, the sacred Temple.

Next he will begin with an intent to clear his mind.

He will then say Allahu Akbar.
Metaphysical explained this. He said this means God is the Greatest. He then gives its Yoruba cognate to be Olorun Al' Agbara.

He recites Fatiha (1st chapter of Quran) followed by another chapter and then bow over with hands placed on the knees. Muslims call this position Rukuuh.
Metaphysical explains its Yoruba cognate as Orukun, which in the language refers to knee.

The muslim will come out of the bow position and stand upright, then immediately go into prostration and touch his head to the ground. Muslims call this Sujuud.
Metaphysical explains this is Yoruba position for Isojude.

So it appears that certain aspects of muslim rites of prayer took origin from the practices in Kaaba where the Koreishi submit himself in prostration to greet and honor his Orisha. In fact the positions in those prayers coincide with similar positions observed by Yoruba when he goes before his altar to greet his Orisha. In addition, the muslim lexicon in the rite of prayer are cognates in Yoruba descriptive words for body parts employed or engaged in that respective action.

The Koreish were Aborisha like the Yorubas. They would enter Kaaba and give offerings on Wednesday. That's how IRUBO (ARBA) became a day of reckoning on their calendar just like it did for Yorubas Wednesday called IRUBO (Ojo Ru).

Yoruba and Koreish shared culture but were separated by civilizations.

When we talk of borrowed words, Arabic borrowed from Yoruba.
I will show this more clearly when we do name attributes. That would come after discussion on Ado.

The Paleo-Hebrew call it : zabah
verb
Meaning:to slaughter, and since "all eating of flesh among the ancient Hebrews was sacrificial" (says BDB Theological Dictionary), it's also the verb for to sacrifice in a ritualistic sense.

Yoruba call it: Ìs'ébó,Sébó
Meaning: sacrifice performance,to perform sacrifice
Thereafter,Ébo ru ,Ébo gbà

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 1:50am On Jan 12, 2019
Olu,
This screenshot and its explanation tells us what zabah is, i.e. sacrifice.

Sacrifice is generic. Irubo (offering) is unique.

I dont think they looked at it from spiritual angle, this is more like dictionary explanation.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by Olu317(m): 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
Olu,
This screenshot and its explanation tells us what zabah is, i.e. sacrifice.

Sacrifice is generic. Irubo (offering) is unique.

I dont think they looked at it from spiritual angle, this is more like dictionary explanation.

It is wrong to assume that, Hebrew publication-dictionaries don't explain it deeper than one another and this screenshot only posit its opinion through careful study of the paleo Hebrew. So,it is more than sacrifice from generic definition of the word as you stated because, other Paleo Hebrew dictionaries explains deeper.

My take on the following:

Isébo-Sébo : it is act of making of sacrifice.

Ébo: that to be sacrificed as offering.

Irú-èbó yí rú: evaporation, ascension or acceptance of offering by God.

It is important to realise that Yoruba language's words don't just exist per se without a purpose which is always being descriptive. So, Yoruba language is always with its undersandable syllables,which is the reason it's easy to know a borrowed,shared,owner of such words in Yoruba lexicons.

Lastly,the PALEO HEBREW looked at ZABUR from DEEPER RITUALISTIC ANGLE as the ancestors of Yoruba did with animals slaughtering to even the most sacred blood letting/spill of the highest creature on earth.......

So did the Classical Hebrew because the opinion are different from publication of classical hebrew ,despite the claimed usage of animals as sacrifices and the usage of Jesus blood as sacrifice-redemption. In fact, the Paleo Hebrew became banished by God when they begun to use human beings as sacrifices at a point in time since it is the most sacred blood on earth.

Cheers.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by ImperialYoruba: 5:30am On Sep 09, 2019
I have not contributed to this thread in a while. I was on a ban for over six months. I am back now and will soon continue where I left off; possibly during week or at end of the week.

See you all soon!
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by MetaPhysical: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
Following the controversy raised by FFK on Yoruba name, I immediately reckoned that this thread is indeed very important and necessary. So I tried to get Imperial Yoruba's attention and beg him to return and continue his contributions to this thread. I just received response few hours ago. Look at his last post above...he went on a six months ban, returned and soon after got another ban, this time for a year he told me. I have advised him to leave everything by the side and focus on this thread upon return. This thread has vast reach and meaning. This thread can serve as input into an academic research, only if he would continue and build it to a meaningful conclusion.

Meanwhile, he said anyone with relevant knowledge and value to add to the thread can do so to keep the pace going pending his return to continue where he left off.

I will be adding some stuffs and keep it in view. If you are reading and have input on this R-B theme please add value.

Oduduwa A gbe Wa O!

1 Like

Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by Olu317(m): 9:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Shocking to note that imperialYoruba was banned for six months. Any way, I hope these moderators will be fair to all,irrespective of ethnic background or opinion.
Re: R--B--. A Cult Of The Sustainer, The Nourisher Of Mankind. by kumulus(m): 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
The most fascinating of all, Yoruba!!!

......very interesting read, good one by all contributors. More wisdom I pray for all.

Looking forward to more insightful reads.....blessings!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Leader Of The Popular Aba Women's Riot Of 1929 (photo) / What Is Agemo? The Jebusites / How Many Igbo Dialects Do U Speak And Understand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.