Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

100 Years Of Igbo Beauty - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty (3947 Views)

Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land / The Economics Of Igbo Marriage Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by YellowSimba: 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2019

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 2:28am On Jan 07, 2019
Why you using others to push falsehood? I spotted two Yoruba in that video.

If i talk now mod go ban me. Look, i go let this one pass. Im working on a very important task at moment.

I dare you to post something like this again when im willing and hoping for a six month ban. Yeye angry
Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by OrangeOlamide: 3:12am On Jan 07, 2019
It's called cross cultural influence.

You're very tribalistic.

So much unnecessary negativity.

I hope you find peace.

ImperialYoruba:
Why you using others to push falsehood? I spotted two Yoruba in that video.

If i talk now mod go ban me. Look, i go let this one pass. Im working on a very important task at moment.

I dare you to post something like this again when im willing and hoping for a six month ban. Yeye angry

5 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 6:32am On Jan 07, 2019
OrangeOlamide:
It's called cross cultural influence.

You're very tribalistic.

So much unnecessary negativity.

I hope you find peace.

grin grin
So it is cross-cultural beauty after all. Why start out with falsehood?
Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by OrangeOlamide: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2019
It's on the popular hairstyles tht Igbos have used.

Hairstyles are rarely exclusiv to one group.

You people on here hate Igbos so much it's sickening.

This it literally the least offensive video, it's celebrating hair and beauty

And you try and turn into tribal wars.

Shame on you

ImperialYoruba:

grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 8:11am On Jan 07, 2019
OrangeOlamide:
It's on the popular hairstyles tht Igbos have used.

Hairstyles are rarely exclusiv to one group.

You people on here hate Igbos so much it's sickening.

This it literally the least offensive video, it's celebrating hair and beauty

And you try and turn into tribal wars.

Shame on you

Shame on you for falsifying information. Dont make exclusive claim for a cross cultural product or work of art if indeed you know its global.

What you guys do is deliberate misinformation to people in foreign lands whose access to information is only via social media. They have no clue whos is Ibo and who is not Ibo....so when you make a claim as exclusively yours, when they see that same hairstyle on a non-Igbo they will have doubts.

Some of them also are looking for ethnic materials to make journals, books, blog sites. They will take this video and call it Igbo.

We have many many such records online submitted by your lying brothers to defraud and deceive the world.

See attached....this is women of Akure/Akoko background deceitfully claimed as Igbo.

Stop your fraud and misinformation. Be content in your own culture and stop stealing other's to claim as yours.

The women in this picture have never been Ibo, are not Ibo and will never be Ibo....yet they are claimed as Ibo women. Why? grin

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by YellowSimba: 10:53am On Jan 07, 2019
If you people ever want to know why One Nigeria is a myth.

It's because of men like this

A simple hair and beauty video celebrating the popular beauty styles among Igbos.

And this man has turned into tribal wars.

ImperialYoruba:

Shame on you for falsifying information. Dont make exclusive claim for a cross cultural product or work of art if indeed you know its global.

What you guys do is deliberate misinformation to people in foreign lands whose access to information is only via social media. They have no clue whos is Ibo and who is not Ibo....so when you make a claim as exclusively yours, when they see that same hairstyle on a non-Igbo they will have doubts.

Some of them also are looking for ethnic materials to make journals, books, blog sites. They will take this video and call it Igbo.

We have many many such records online submitted by your lying brothers to defraud and deceive the world.

See attached....this is women of Akure/Akoko background deceitfully claimed as Igbo.

Stop your fraud and misinformation. Be content in your own culture and stop stealing other's to claim as yours.

The women in this picture have never been Ibo, are not Ibo and will never be Ibo....yet they are claimed as Ibo women. Why? grin

6 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by Fatherofdragons: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2019
Beautiful

Pay no mind to that yoruber bigot. That's how all yorubers behave, very disgusting and tribalistic set of people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by YellowSimba: 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
It's sad that people use any opportunity to see division.

Fatherofdragons:
Beautiful

Pay no mind to that yoruber bigot. That's how all yorubers behave, very disgusting and tribalistic set of people

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by YellowSimba: 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
It's sad that people use any opportunity to see division

Fatherofdragons:
Beautiful

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2019
YellowSimba:
If you people ever want to know why One Nigeria is a myth.

It's because of men like this

A simple hair and beauty video celebrating the popular beauty styles among Igbos.

And this man has turned into tribal wars.

It is not a tribal war. You lack capacity for reasoning.

Is it a show of hair styles amongst Igbo, or is it to show cross-cultural styles?

Igbo hair style does not represent Nigeria. So when you have Yoruba in there you are working on pushing an idea that Igbo own that hairstyle.

There are people who market hairstyling and there are hairstylists that make income from ethnic hair styles. When you push out false and misrepresented information you impact their business.

Can you see the multiplying effect it can have?

1 Like

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by staytravel: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2019

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by staytravel: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

grin grin

It makes sense, during the colonial era, different Nigerian ethnic groups were more exposed to each other and people took different styles and cultural nuances.

I don't understand why this has to be an issue. The video was amazing. I hope they do other Nigerian tribes soon!

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
staytravel:

It makes sense, during the colonial era, different Nigerian ethnic groups were more exposed to each other and people took different styles and cultural nuances.

I don't understand why this has to be an issue. The video was amazing. I hope they do other Nigerian tribes soon!

The video is not produced in colonial time. The title was not made in colonial time. The collage were pictures spanning different times. In fact the video is intended to showcase the Igbo in a particular social image. There is nothing wrong in that....but it is fraudulent to use non-Igbos and promote them as Igbo cultural value.

It is a fraud! Thats why this is important.

Did you see the picture of Ondo/Edo axis women I attached?

Everytime you type Igbo women they show up in list of results. This happens because an Igbo person has blogged or written about Igbo and used non-Igbo women to feature the article. They wrote about Igbo women that rebelled against whites. Well, where are the Igbo women....? They splashed Yoruba women on the story. Fraud!

Type Yoruba women in internet, all the pictures will be Yoruba. Type Hausa women. It will all be Hausa and Fulani. Type Ijaw or Edo, thats all you see for each type. Do same for Igbo....you see Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Edo, Ijaw....you even see African Americans that have no clue where on map to find Igbo.

Have some pride in what is yours....stop claiming what doesnt belong to you as yours. Its fraud!

Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

1 Like

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by YellowSimba: 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2019
No one said Igbos own any of the hairstyles. The video is of the hairstyles popular among Igbos.

Nothing about the video suggested any of your assumptions.

I don't know if you have a personal problem with Igbos.

But it's literally just a hair video.

ImperialYoruba:

It is not a tribal war. You lack capacity for reasoning.

Is it a show of hair styles amongst Igbo, or is it to show cross-cultural styles?

Igbo hair style does not represent Nigeria. So when you have Yoruba in there you are working on pushing an idea that Igbo own that hairstyle.

There are people who market hairstyling and there are hairstylists that make income from ethnic hair styles. When you push out false and misrepresented information you impact their business.

Can you see the multiplying effect it can have?

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2019
YellowSimba:
No one said Igbos own any of the hairstyles. The video is of the hairstyles popular among Igbos.

Nothing about the video suggested any of your assumptions.

I don't know if you have a personal problem with Igbos.

But it's literally just a hair video.

Bros, we are versed in tactics and strategies of cultural campaigns. Very versed indeed!

There are many many similar publications and images on internet using other cultures with deliberate intent to serve as net Igbo promoter. You cannot deny this truth. I gave you one already and even asked you to query the internet and judge for yourself.

This is another production aimed at repeating your fraud on internet.

Like I said it will be nice and cool if you use your own to produce and promote your own, not using works of people you denigrate and label as enemy to earn credit for your advantage. It is fraud! grin

1 Like

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by OrangeOlamide: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
Crazy guy thinks theres some grand Igbo conspiracy grin grin

ImperialYoruba:

Bros, we are versed in tactics and strategies of cultural campaigns. Very versed indeed!

There are many many similar publications and images on internet using other cultures with deliberate intent to serve as net Igbo promoter. You cannot deny this truth. I gave you one already and even asked you to query the internet and judge for yourself.

This is another production aimed at repeating your fraud on internet.

Like I said it will be nice and cool if you use your own to produce and promote your own, not using works of people you denigrate and label as enemy to earn credit for your advantage. It is fraud! grin

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
OrangeOlamide:
Crazy guy thinks theres some grand Igbo conspiracy grin grin

No, you think everyone is conspired against you. You are paranoid! grin

This is fraud...not conspiracy.

I maintain that message.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by staytravel: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

The video is not produced in colonial time. The title was not made in colonial time. The collage were pictures spanning different times. In fact the video is intended to showcase the Igbo in a particular social image. There is nothing wrong in that....but it is fraudulent to use non-Igbos and promote them as Igbo cultural value.

It is a fraud! Thats why this is important.

Did you see the picture of Ondo/Edo axis women I attached?

Everytime you type Igbo women they show up in list of results. This happens because an Igbo person has blogged or written about Igbo and used non-Igbo women to feature the article. They wrote about Igbo women that rebelled against whites. Well, where are the Igbo women....? They splashed Yoruba women on the story. Fraud!

Type Yoruba women in internet, all the pictures will be Yoruba. Type Hausa women. It will all be Hausa and Fulani. Type Ijaw or Edo, thats all you see for each type. Do same for Igbo....you see Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Edo, Ijaw....you even see African Americans that have no clue where on map to find Igbo.

Have some pride in what is yours....stop claiming what doesnt belong to you as yours. Its fraud!

While there may be some representing on other sites, I think it's obvious that the intention of the video was not to do that. Aside from the influence of the gele in 1950 and world influence from 1970, the other styles are Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2019
staytravel:

While there may be some representing on other sites, I think it's obvious that the intention of the video was not to do that. Aside from the influence of the gele in 1950 and world influence from 1970, the other styles are Igbo.

I think where someone mentioned it was cross cultural influence did the best justice to the thread. I found two known Yoruba images in there, the gele is one. In factvthat woman in Gele is Mrs Kuti, Fela's mother in her youth.

Again, cross cultural influence of Nigerian hairstyles would have been appropriate as a label.

Most times intent is hidden. For whatever it is, it can even be damaged when the outward narration is explicit. ...but I get your point. grin

1 Like

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by staytravel: 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

I think where someone mentioned it was cross cultural influence did the best justice to the thread. I found two known Yoruba images in there, the gele is one. In factvthat woman in Gele is Mrs Kuti, Fela's mother in her youth.

Again, cross cultural influence of Nigerian hairstyles would have been appropriate as a label.

Most times intent is hidden. For whatever it is, it can even be damaged when the outward narration is explicit. ...but I get your point. grin

Which was the other Yoruba woman?
Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by Omnipresent(m): 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
staytravel:

Stop explaining yourself to an evil Muslim or you derail a good thread.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by OrangeOlamide: 12:06am On Jan 08, 2019
I enjoyed the styles anyway.

Especially 1970s

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by OrangeOlamide: 9:10am On Jan 09, 2019
What state is this model from?

1 Like

Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by staytravel: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2019
OrangeOlamide:
What state is this model from?

She is Igbo, maybe from Enugu or Anambra.
Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by YellowSimba: 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2019
Anambra and Kogi state have the most beautiful women.
Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by ImperialYoruba: 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2019
You dont have beautiful women.

What you have is cosmetically beautified women.

There is difference. If i hear one more word about Ibo beautiful you will be in serious trouble.
Re: 100 Years Of Igbo Beauty by DejiSantos: 12:30am On Feb 26, 2019
Typical tribalism

These are our Nigerian comrades

There are beautiful women from every region

ImperialYoruba:
You dont have beautiful women.

What you have is cosmetically beautified women.

There is difference. If i hear one more word about Ibo beautiful you will be in serious trouble.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Are These So Called Nigerians That Shakes The Whole World? / Need To Speak Ibibio / Osu, Ume: All You Need To Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.