Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) (27461 Views)

Nigerians Are Tearing Daily Trust Newspaper Apart Over This (photo) / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by KingEfeThe13th: 10:36am On Jan 07, 2019
They should be more worried about how such classified information got out of the army. Why go after reporters when you should be trying to investigate internally how the news got out. There's clearly a mole in the army..
Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by Sammyblaq(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2019
No be 2day en start...
The media house printed the information gathered.

#NA #ZeroIntelligence.
Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by dochenaj: 10:53am On Jan 07, 2019
Corrinthians:
Good one. Placing money over and above national security.

Let them tell the security agencies who their source is so the mole can be identified and dealt with accordingly.

Same person has probably been divulging plans by our security forces to enemies of state as well.
A good journalist will never give up who his source is no matter what.

The Army should rather carry out an investigation to know who made a classified information unclassified.

And how was Daily Trust to know that the information was sealed. The raid was unnecessary and this explanation doesn't stick.
Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by daimsy(f): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
Shame shame shame shame!!!
If na common man una go flex muscle.

Nonsense illiterates!
Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by Ifyhills(f): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2019
Officialpdpnig:

Really? Do you know what the word CLASSIFIED means?

Do you know what the word TREASON means?

Do you know what it means to trade national secrets to the enemy?

Journalism as a job does not grant one immunity and certainly does not promote stupidity
I don't know, tell me. I asked a simple question, who gave dem the information? the treason wasn't committed by dem but d informat dat gave out the so called classified information. my opinion
Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by Officialpdpnig: 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ifyhills:

I don't know, tell me. I asked a simple question, who gave dem the information? the treason wasn't committed by dem but d informat dat gave out the so called classified information. my opinion

Buyer and seller are culpable. When something is stolen and you know it is stolen and you buy it. When caught will you claim innocence?

Daily trust being aware of the sensitivity of such information and how it would jeopardize the nations efforts against boko haram still went ahead to public it. Are they innocent or guilty ?
Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by OBAGADAFFI: 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
Officialpdpnig:

Really? Do you know what the word CLASSIFIED means?

Do you know what the word TREASON means?

Do you know what it means to trade national secrets to the enemy?

Journalism as a job does not grant one immunity and certainly does not promote stupidity

Oga, if it was classified how did the information got to the media?
Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by fabolisms: 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2019
Security chiefs with pot belly have so long been making blood money from the killing of our soldiers, if not, tell me how will military strategies, operations and classified informations will be leaked to the press. Am surprised when the military keep saying the "the fight against BH" when they said this same BH has been TECHNICALLY DEFEATED.But BH keep killing troops on daily basis yet the man at the helm of affairs has refused to sack any of the security chiefs and for whatever reasons, we don't know. THE WORLD IS WATCHING US. NOT ONLY THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.
Re: Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) by Officialpdpnig: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

Oga, if it was classified how did the information got to the media?

That's why investigations are required. News media buy information all the time and have people in certain positions who steal or who leak information to them at a price.

For example Reno Omokri the fraud when he wanted to leak the doctored audio of Amaechi said a news media begged to be given 10mins to leak the audio first before he does. This shows he sold the audio to that media house and thus gave them the edge in leaking the info.

This is standard practice for media outlets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mary Beth Leonard Denies Purported List Of Nigerians Banned From The US / Kwankwaso: I Regret Supporting Buhari Against Jonathan / Godswill Akpabio Held Hostage By Crowd After His Court Of Appeal Victory. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.