Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm (726 Views)

Selling Iphone X 256gig At A Giveaway Price / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 / Qualcomm Drags Apple To Court, Accuses Apple Of Stealing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by Techcribs: 7:10am On Jan 07, 2019

Apple have been banned from the sale of iphone 7 and 8 in german stores. A report from Theverge states clearly that

Apple has pulled the sales of the iPhone 7 and 8 from its German website and stores, following a ruling in the District Court of Munich. The ruling said that those two models of the iPhone were infringing on Qualcomm’s intellectual property related to power savings in smartphones, via TechCrunch.

The iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 are nowhere to be found
While the ruling occurred last month, Qualcomm was required by the court to post €1.34 billion in security bonds before it would be enforced, which is now occurring. A quick check of Apple’s German site confirms the change: only the newer iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max are listed; the iPhone 7 and 8 are nowhere to be found. Apple has already said that it plans to appeal the ruling, but while that process takes place, it won’t be able to sell the iPhone 7 or 8 in its own retail channels.
>
It’s unclear whether third-party sellers and carriers will still be allowed to sell the phones. Qualcomm says the court has “also ordered Apple to recall infringing iPhones from third party resellers.” But back in December, Apple said “all iPhone models remain available to customers through carriers and resellers in 4,300 locations across Germany,” even while it appeals the ban for its own stores.

The ban in Germany is the latest escalation of the ongoing feud between Apple and Qualcomm, which began when Apple first accused Qualcomm of charging unfair prices for its modem chips back in 2017. Qualcomm responded with a variety of lawsuits around the globe. Apple is also facing a similar situation in China where Qualcomm has also won a sales ban over patent infringement issues. In that case, Apple has not pulled its products and claims the issue was only present on older.

Source>> https://techcribs.com.ng/apple-banned-from-selling-iphone-7-and-8-in-its-german-stores-following-qualcomm-court-win/
Re: Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by MrSix: 7:17am On Jan 07, 2019
Naija can not barn een chewing stick from being sold in the country. Wetin concern us concern Germany. Mitcheeeeew...

Need a laptop?
Check my signature
Re: Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by seunfly: 8:39am On Jan 07, 2019
Nawah oooo, Qualcomm wants to kill Apple, Apple that is already facing serious market decline is been pushed around by Qualcomm again.
Re: Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by princemillla(m): 10:26am On Jan 07, 2019
Beginning of the end for Apple Inc. These guys r losing it just like Nokia did
Re: Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by Opistorincos(m): 10:34am On Jan 07, 2019
princemillla:

That Nokia own pain me that time ehn before dem con start dey comeback now... Make apple kuku fall make e turn wetin our kids go dey take watch cartoon... It'll teach a lot of people a great life lesson

1 Like

Re: Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by seunfly: 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
Honestly I don't feel anything for apple, apple rise on the back of pull them down syndrome which Nokia does not have time during it time.

If Qualcomm likes, they can block the sales of Apple everywhere on earth, it won't move me, they are simply paying back their evil deed. I think Samsung will be very happy now.

Opistorincos:

That Nokia own pain me that time ehn before dem con start dey comeback now... Make apple kuku fall make e turn wetin our kids go dey take watch cartoon... It'll teach a lot of people a great life lesson
princemillla:

1 Like

Re: Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by lilmax(m): 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2019
apple will go like black berry, anything is possible

can't believe I sold my virginity when I needed a BlackBerry
Re: Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by seunfly: 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
lilmax:
apple will go like black berry, anything is possible

can't believe I sold my virginity when I needed a BlackBerry

Some people sold their kidney for iPhone 4 shocked cool shocked shocked for that matter oo.

Re: Apple Banned From Selling Iphone 7 And 8 In Its German Stores Following Qualcomm by princemillla(m): 7:43am On Jan 08, 2019
seunfly:
Honestly I don't feel anything for apple, apple rise on the back of pull them down syndrome which Nokia does not have time during it time.

If Qualcomm likes, they can block the sales of Apple everywhere on earth, it won't move me, they are simply paying back their evil deed. I think Samsung will be very happy now.

Samsung time to smile indeed.
Way to go for qualcomm

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Account For Sale / Samsung’s Galaxy S10 5G Finally Has An Official Price And Release Date, But Not / Samsung Galazy J7 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.