Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) (9337 Views)

Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B / 5 Tips To Build Your Confidence / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by tosteMedia: 7:59am On Jan 07, 2019
Back to work?
Here're 5 quick tips to help you deliver more @ work this year

1) Show up. Like physically and with your mind..dont be mindlessly present.Plan to be in control of distractions this year..phones or whatever else distracts you at those meetings. Participate. Share your view professionally.Use your voice.

2) Read More( sorry there's no short cut�)
You are what you know therefore you dont know what you dont know.Find news bulletins that bring you a summary of business, poitical, social news..thankfully many of these sites offer whatsapp subcriptions..subscribe, read books; self help..business..pertaining to your work area or otherwise.

Join a book club it helps you read or even forces you to.
There're many virtual book clubs now.

3) Find a work ally..a 2nd pair of eyes(&head) to run thoughts by.

4) Find a 'thinking time'...this year block out a minimum of 1hour a week in your diary if you can for this.
People are increasingly doing more of 'doing' than thinking ..and just having time to think can help you bring more to the table.

5) Keep making demands of your self..challenging yourself as you pack up to go home each day with "what value did i bring to the table today"?

Otherwise have a value yielding working year and i hope you find some joy from your work!

Written by Nkiru Olumide-Ojo
For TosteMedia Inc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by dannyoungstick(m): 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
FTC!!!

Thanks for the tips Op.
But is this applicable to Nigerian politicians.
Because with these tips ehnnn....They will do more of Evil and Kwaraption.
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by alvan06(m): 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ok
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by lewis512(m): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2019
Heard you you
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by DEHVEHLOP(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2019
Igbo guys no worries...

those things are not applicable to traffic gala trading..

Igbo amaka
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by Hydrolysis(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2019
How does this help in voting out the lifeless one
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
Nice one op
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by FuckoffMOD: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ok na tomorrow I go resume work...make I knack this babe today her wahala too much grin
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by Wizpa(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2019
Thanks for this
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
DEHVEHLOP:
Igbo guys no worries...

those things are not applicable to traffic gala trading..

Igbo amaka

Was thinking wot to really say to you but in the end I realize you are not worth it

1 Like

Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by rexgold(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
cool
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by Bustincole(m): 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
NIce tips

Hausa Amaka
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by ItzNas(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2019
Right now, my motivation to work is very low. December, I thought what I needed was a break to refresh but I was wrong. I was in Lagos during the festive season and I had fun. I resumed work today, its almost 2pm and I'm yet to treat a single file.

The reason is definitely not the pay because its very very okay.

The environment is becoming too familiar and I'm used to the system.
I think I need a change. Lemme start applying to other places sef.
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by zyzxx(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2019
kudos
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
really good
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by Iykesmooth: 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
FuckoffMOD:
Ok na tomorrow I go resume work...make I knack this babe today her wahala too much grin

Some have fun and some suffer silently

Unfortunately I am with the latter

Please bro could u please help me out with anything u can no matter how small. Am dead broke and hungry

I'm begging
Re: Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) by Iykesmooth: 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
ItzNas:
Right now, my motivation to work is very low. December, I thought what I needed was a break to refresh but I was wrong. I was in Lagos during the festive season and I had fun. I resumed work today, its almost 2pm and I'm yet to treat a single file.

The reason is definitely not the pay because its very very okay.

The environment is becoming too familiar and I'm used to the system.
I think I need a change. Lemme start applying to other places sef.

What a good problem to have

Wish I had a job or even money to feed myself everyday. Unfortunately that's just a dream right now cos I'm not even sure of tomorrow's meal

(1) (Reply)

For The Nurses And Nursing Students / Diary Of A Field Worker / Work Hard Or Smart? What's Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.