Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Advice On Buying A Tokunbor Ml230 2.3l Manual Trans - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Buying A Tokunbor Ml230 2.3l Manual Trans (1013 Views)

He Wants Advice On Buying His First Car. / Engine Autopsy 3.3L V6 242 Hp Hyundai Santafe 2008 Engine / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Buying A Tokunbor Ml230 2.3l Manual Trans by Odiscoc: 2:56am On Jan 08, 2019
Hello to the Benz team, Benz is really coursing confusion here, I need a sharp advice plz before I make the wrong decision.

I had an offer from a brother in Europe, actually he thought he was going to be coming back to 9ja but he couldn’t. And he already brought back a clean European Benz ml230 from Germany but I asked he said it was 2004 but not sure I read about the car info and was from 1997-2000 model available and ml230 was only made for European market.

Currently I own an Honda Accord 2007 V6 auto, and it works fine and good condition but when ever I drive the ml230 I felt some kind of comfort, sense of feels, solid body, space, despite its like an old 2000 model compare to the DC 2007 V6.

It’s high on ground and perfect for niger road but has a 4 cylinder and manual trans, tho am concern about the shift gear, but the manual trans made it even more unique. thinking of coming down from a accord 2007 V6 auto trans to a 2000 Benz ml230 manual 4cylinde. Downgrade or upgrade? Have seen lots of ml320 and have hard a lot of bad news and reviews online. but the ml230 really scars in 9ja, and no too many reviews about it, not even sold in USA or 9ja only on European sell website I can find it, but parts available in ladipor.

Please I will appreciate if I hear from the current owners of that same model ml230 problems and headache am an interstate driver can travel far. And also spend many time in the city. What baffles me is that fuel consumption with my V6 accord is same with all the comfort in the ml230 or even better. But Honda V6 faster ,Everything works on the ml230 and have used the Honda for almost 3 years without headaches and I think I need to sell out because I don’t like using Japanesee for so long.

Get my view, the ml230 has over 370 ,000km, and my Honda has just 150,000km run total. Still yet the ml230 still looks clean, solid and work good, and I think perfect for the high way, Honda moves like air in city drive have never traveled with it tho, but the ml230 feels confortable for a long drive,

Every Japanesee Kazeems I ask they just advice me to keep my Honda.

Please if you know this car too well advice me for this particular model not the ml320, it’s Ml230.

Can’t keep both cars one has to go.

Thank you.

Re: Advice On Buying A Tokunbor Ml230 2.3l Manual Trans by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:20am On Jan 08, 2019
Cc Heavenlybang
Weyreypey
Re: Advice On Buying A Tokunbor Ml230 2.3l Manual Trans by weyreypey: 9:18am On Jan 08, 2019

thinking of coming down from a accord 2007 V6 auto trans to a 2000 Benz ml230 manual 4cylinde.

Coming down? Oga nothing rides like a Mercedes Benz. The ml 230 is a rare variant but not less reliable though
Re: Advice On Buying A Tokunbor Ml230 2.3l Manual Trans by nurey(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2019
Odiscoc:
Hello to the Benz team, Benz is really coursing confusion here, I need a sharp advice plz before I make the wrong decision.

I had an offer from a brother in Europe, actually he thought he was going to be coming back to 9ja but he couldn’t. And he already brought back a clean European Benz ml230 from Germany but I asked he said it was 2004 but not sure I read about the car info and was from 1997-2000 model available and ml230 was only made for European market.

Currently I own an Honda Accord 2007 V6 auto, and it works fine and good condition but when ever I drive the ml230 I felt some kind of comfort, sense of feels, solid body, space, despite its like an old 2000 model compare to the DC 2007 V6.

It’s high on ground and perfect for niger road but has a 4 cylinder and manual trans, tho am concern about the shift gear, but the manual trans made it even more unique. thinking of coming down from a accord 2007 V6 auto trans to a 2000 Benz ml230 manual 4cylinde. Downgrade or upgrade? Have seen lots of ml320 and have hard a lot of bad news and reviews online. but the ml230 really scars in 9ja, and no too many reviews about it, not even sold in USA or 9ja only on European sell website I can find it, but parts available in ladipor.

Please I will appreciate if I hear from the current owners of that same model ml230 problems and headache am an interstate driver can travel far. And also spend many time in the city. What baffles me is that fuel consumption with my V6 accord is same with all the comfort in the ml230 or even better. But Honda V6 faster ,Everything works on the ml230 and have used the Honda for almost 3 years without headaches and I think I need to sell out because I don’t like using Japanesee for so long.

Get my view, the ml230 has over 370 ,000km, and my Honda has just 150,000km run total. Still yet the ml230 still looks clean, solid and work good, and I think perfect for the high way, Honda moves like air in city drive have never traveled with it tho, but the ml230 feels confortable for a long drive,

Please if you know this car too well advice me for this particular model not the ml320, it’s Ml230.

Thank you.

Its a reliable car, the difference is this particular one is fitted with 4cylinder, slow acceleration, slow response.

if you want ground clearance with fuel economy you should find a CUV instead. But you know the history of this car and you will even get a good deal on it. if you are comfortable with what you see buy whether is downgrade or upgrade, your happiness is all that matters
Re: Advice On Buying A Tokunbor Ml230 2.3l Manual Trans by weyreypey: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2019
Odiscoc:

Thank you.
Can you kindly give me the location of the ml230? Thanks for doing so

(1) (Reply)

[urgent] - Automobile Content Writers Wanted – Very Attractive Salary / Toyota Sienna Le 2005 (orobo) For Sale At Give Away Price / 2000 Camry Late Shift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.