Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,535 members, 7,954,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her (46548 Views)

Woman Arrested For Allegedly Hiring A Criminal To Rob Her Friend Of Her Iphone / House Maid Leads Armed Gang To Rob Her Employer Of ₦‎2.8m In Lagos / White Woman Shoots Man Who Tried To Rob Her In South Africa (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Crixina(f): 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
LZAA:
No woman can deck a naija man like this oh
Lie lie
who told you that one?

Make man go siddon dey chop akpu morning, afternoon evening, make 15 years old girl go dey do better training, martial art, or whatever.

Na body go tell that kind man.
This has nothing to do with age or gender, consistent and "vicious" training makes all the difference.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Amahzing(m): 3:23pm On Jan 08, 2019
ChimuchiYola:
Ewoo.... Super woman

I watched this lady beat the current WWE women champion Ronda Rousey at UFC
Big lie....they are not in the same weight division plus Ronda has already left UFC and now she's in WWE...

1 Like

Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by laliga01: 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A UFC fighter Polyana Viana waiting for an Uber in Rio de Janeiro may have appeared an easy target to a would-be thief, but he obviously miscalculated.

The only problem for the perpetrator was his target was a strawweight UFC fighter, who turned the tables on the thief with punches, a kick and a "rear-naked choke" before forcing him to sit and wait for the police.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Polyana Viana, nicknamed "the Iron Lady", told website MMA Junkie the thief used a fake gun to try and steal her mobile phone while she waited outside her apartment block on Saturday night.

"When he saw I saw him, he sat next to me," Viana said.

"He asked me the time, I said it, and I saw he wasn't going to leave. So I already moved to put my cell phone in my waist.

"And then he said, 'Give me the phone. Don't try to react, because I'm armed.' Then he put his hand over [a gun], but I realised it was too soft.

"He was really close to me. So I thought 'if it's a gun, he won't have time to draw it.' So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear-naked choke.

"Then I sat him down in the same place we were before and said 'now we'll wait for the police'."

With her assailant subdued, Viana found the gun was in fact just a cardboard cut-out of a pistol.

She said she asked passers-by to call the police while she kept the man pinned.

"I was fine because he didn't even react after. Since he took the punches very quickly, I think he was scared. So he didn't react anymore," she said.

"He told me to let him go, like 'I just asked for the time.' I said, 'Asked for the time my ass,' because he saw I was very angry.

"I said I wouldn't let go and that I was going to call the police. He said 'call the police, then', because he was scared I was going to beat him up more."

Viana said police took the man to a medical facility to treat his wounds and then to the police station, where she filed a report.

UFC president Dana White applauded Viana, tweeting an image of the fighter alongside the mugger.

"On the left is @Polyana_VianaDF, one of our @UFC fighters and on the right is the guy who tried to rob her #badf***ingidea," White tweeted.

Viana said she simply went home and made dinner after leaving the police station, adding her hands hurt a little the day after, but it was nothing serious.

https://lailasnews.com/female-ufc-fighter-polyana-viana-brutally-beats-thief

Wrong target.
Unfortunate luck next time again.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by ugbede69(m): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
victrick105:
grin
Pls... Who knows where she lives, I want to marry her so that she can help beat this boy's looking for trouble in my area and this nepa people that always come to cut our light even when we no dey see the light.
If only half of our ladies are this strong, the issue of domestic violence and rape would have been history in this country .
all they want is shawarma and ice cream....
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by henrybomb(m): 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2019
LZAA:
No woman can deck a naija man like this oh
Lie lie
Says who?
Not a UFC fighter
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Tomoyayi(m): 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2019
izito:
the guy will be saying had I known.....

.imagine if the boyfriend cheat on her/!?

Don't be surprised if she starts to cry.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Tomoyayi(m): 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2019
Crixina:
who told you that one?

Make man go siddon dey chop akpu morning, afternoon evening, make 15 years old girl go dey do better training, martial art, or whatever.

Na body go tell that kind man.
This has nothing to do with age or gender, consistent and "vicious" training makes all the difference.

Even if the dude is a fighter, the 2 punches and kick were unexpected and might have even concussed him.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by sayisayi(m): 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2019
Topmaike007:
This guy is a disgrace to manhood grin imagine Lady not even woman beat nonsense out of him........

Forget chest beating...she would do the same.to you...�

1 Like

Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Fxwarrior: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2019
He who price must pay. The dude really collected. To think she was even wearing UFC top but he took it for granted.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by mechanics(m): 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
hahahaha, the man won't steal again.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by meobizy(f): 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
I bet the same boys saying ‘the man is a disgrace for letting a trained female fighter beat him up’ are the same people who believe a six year old child can not kill a fully grown man using an AK47.
It makes sense. It means child soldiers are a whiteman’s myth, abi?
Look at their size in the photograph, they are the same weight hence her advantage in skill and training.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Amkeh125: 5:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
goldcoinhub:
A UFC fighter Polyana Viana waiting for an Uber in Rio de Janeiro may have appeared an easy target to a would-be thief, but he obviously miscalculated.

The only problem for the perpetrator was his target was a strawweight UFC fighter, who turned the tables on the thief with punches, a kick and a "rear-naked choke" before forcing him to sit and wait for the police.

Mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Polyana Viana, nicknamed "the Iron Lady", told website MMA Junkie the thief used a fake gun to try and steal her mobile phone while she waited outside her apartment block on Saturday night.

"When he saw I saw him, he sat next to me," Viana said.

"He asked me the time, I said it, and I saw he wasn't going to leave. So I already moved to put my cell phone in my waist.

"And then he said, 'Give me the phone. Don't try to react, because I'm armed.' Then he put his hand over [a gun], but I realised it was too soft.

"He was really close to me. So I thought 'if it's a gun, he won't have time to draw it.' So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear-naked choke.

"Then I sat him down in the same place we were before and said 'now we'll wait for the police'."

With her assailant subdued, Viana found the gun was in fact just a cardboard cut-out of a pistol.

She said she asked passers-by to call the police while she kept the man pinned.

"I was fine because he didn't even react after. Since he took the punches very quickly, I think he was scared. So he didn't react anymore," she said.

"He told me to let him go, like 'I just asked for the time.' I said, 'Asked for the time my ass,' because he saw I was very angry.

"I said I wouldn't let go and that I was going to call the police. He said 'call the police, then', because he was scared I was going to beat him up more."

Viana said police took the man to a medical facility to treat his wounds and then to the police station, where she filed a report.

UFC president Dana White applauded Viana, tweeting an image of the fighter alongside the mugger.

"On the left is @Polyana_VianaDF, one of our @UFC fighters and on the right is the guy who tried to rob her #badf***ingidea," White tweeted.

Viana said she simply went home and made dinner after leaving the police station, adding her hands hurt a little the day after, but it was nothing serious.

https://lailasnews.com/female-ufc-fighter-polyana-viana-brutally-beats-thief

this just made my day
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by kenoz(m): 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
grin
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Topmaike007(m): 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2019
sayisayi:

Forget chest beating...she would do the same.to you...�
indirectly you're saying she will beat you
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
blacq2009:
When they say a woman has beaten a man, see the man first. It's not all men that are men. She couldn't have done this to my man, Lefulefu
grin
blacq2009:
When they say a woman has beaten a man, see the man first. It's not all men that are men. She couldn't have done this to my man, Lefulefu
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Felicox(m): 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2019
Hmm.. now she took the risk of attacking a supposed thief and got away with it and everybody is praising her. But we forget that if that man were to be a real thief and well armed, what she did could have easily gotten her killed. Many people have lost their lives trying to do something like that. And we will all say that such people are foolish. It's all unnecessary risk.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by ChimuchiYola(f): 10:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
Amahzing:

Big lie....they are not in the same weight division plus Ronda has already left UFC and now she's in WWE...

I watched this lady beat Ronda after suffering that heavy defeat Ronda couldn't bear the shame and was forced to quit UFC and joined WWE..

Ask Google and Wikipedia
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Crixina(f): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2019
Tomoyayi:

Even if the dude is a fighter, the 2 punches and kick were unexpected and might have even concussed him.
Exactly.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Threebear(m): 1:23am On Jan 09, 2019
ChimuchiYola:
Ewoo.... Super woman

I watched this lady beat the current WWE women champion Ronda Rousey at UFC
Liar!
Amanda and Holly beat Ronda.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Threebear(m): 1:29am On Jan 09, 2019
ChimuchiYola:

I watched this lady beat Ronda after suffering that heavy defeat Ronda couldn't bear the shame and was forced to quit UFC and joined WWE..

Ask Google and Wikipedia
Stop embarrassing yourself, only two women beat Ronda, that's Amanda nunes and Holly Holms .
Ronda is not even on the same weight division with this lady.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by BluntBoy(m): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2019
stanisbaratheon:

Even a trained Nigerian boxer cannot near her. If only you know what MMA is.

Says who?

We saw what happened when an MMA guy faced a boxer cheesy
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by Ayobami7(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
lol
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by stanisbaratheon: 12:20am On Jan 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

Says who?

We saw what happened when an MMA guy faced a boxer cheesy

With only boxing rules abi?? The organizers knew the risk they're were faced with that's why McGregor didn't fight as MMA fighter.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by BluntBoy(m): 10:00am On Jan 10, 2019
stanisbaratheon:

With only boxing rules abi?? The organizers knew the risk they're were faced with that's why McGregor didn't fight as MMA fighter.

I am not talking about McGregor.

Rachel Ostovich (an MMA fighter) attacked her husband (a boxer) and was so beaten up that she ended up in a hospital with many broken facial bones. grin
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by stanisbaratheon: 3:31am On Jan 11, 2019
BluntBoy:

I am not talking about McGregor.

Rachel Ostovich (an MMA fighter) attacked her husband (a boxer) and was so beaten up that she ended up in a hospital with many broken facial bones. grin

Calm down oga the husband Arnold Berdon is also an MMA fighter.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by BluntBoy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2019
stanisbaratheon:

Calm down oga the husband Arnold Berdon is also an MMA fighter.

I think you are the one who should calm down and stop making blanket statements.

Ray Mercer (a boxer) beat Tim Sylvia (a one time UFC champion) in the Cage.

In a street fight, it could go either way. As long as a boxer stays out of reach and lands a heavy one like Mercer landed on Sylvia, it can't be so easy as you are making it.

A pro boxer is not just a brawler that an MMA fighter will just toss around.
Re: Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her by stanisbaratheon: 9:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

I think you are the one who should calm down and stop making blanket statements.

Ray Mercer (a boxer) beat Tim Sylvia (a one time UFC champion) in the Cage.

In a street fight, it could go either way. As long as a boxer stays out of reach and lands a heavy one like Mercer landed on Sylvia, it can't be so easy as you are making it.

A pro boxer is not just a brawler that an MMA fighter will just toss around.

Abeg I no get strength for argument. Suite yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Couple, Leave Their Kids In The Car In Enugu - Man Claims / Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. / Lady Chops Off Neighbor’s Tongue For Rituals (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.