Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Raw Nerves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Raw Nerves (196 Views)

Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Raw Nerves / This Church Is Getting On My Nerves With Their Noises ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Raw Nerves by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2019
Words of Comfort: Raw Nerve.

"And all the city was moved, and the people ran together: and they took Paul, and drew him out of the temple: and forthwith the doors were shut" (Acts 21:30).

If you ever get to preach in the open-air, don't let angry reactions from the crowd concern you. A dentist knows where to work on a patient when he touches a raw nerve. When you touch a raw nerve in the heart of the sinner, it means that you are in business. Anger is a thousand times better than apathy. Anger is a sign of conviction. If I have an argument with my wife and suddenly realize that I am in the wrong, I can come to her in a repentant attitude and apologize, or I can save face by lashing out in anger. Read Acts 19 and see how Paul was a dentist with an eye for decay. He probed raw nerves wherever he went. At one point, he had to be carried shoulder height by soldiers because of the "violence of the people" (Acts 21:36). Now there's a successful preacher! He didn't seek the praise of men. John Wesley told his evangelist trainees that when they preached, people should either get angry or get converted. No doubt, he wasn't speaking about the "Jesus loves you" gospel, but about sin, Law, righteousness, judgment, and Hell.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 7 January 2015 at 17:11 ยท

(1) (Reply)

Things That Will Help Your Spiritual Life. / Faith And Grace / Heart Of The Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.