Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? (7639 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Women And Regret: When There Marry Someone Thinking He Is Rich(photo) / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Navi613: 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2010
Let us say u met/saw some body who got physical limitations and you feel them but it become clear to you they need more than feeling sorry, they might not get some body to marry easily because they are physically challenged i.e. blind, deaf or other forms of physical disabling.
Would you marry them for sake of God  or sympathy in that matter?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by NaijaSisi(f): 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2010
No, I wouldn't because the marriage would not be productive if i married only out of pity.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Sariba(f): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
No! Why would you mary somebody for sympathy?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by NaijaSisi(f): 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
Basis of marriage should be love not pity, marriage of such kind stands no chance of lasting, no matter how hard the couple may try. That kind of marriage is just doomed for failure.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by coolier(f): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
No.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2010
I wouldn't, no.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by femmy2010(m): 6:22am On Aug 11, 2010
What happens when the sympathetic disposition wane off?end of the marriage.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Ranoscky(m): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2010
Omo men, na WEAC question be dis O! But i no fit sha, make i no lie! (E be as e get!)
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Carlosein(m): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2010
by virtue of the fact that marriage is a covenant between two people, it would be wise not to embark on it for sympathy sake.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by okenwa(m): 11:36am On Aug 11, 2010
no, i nearly did but not to a disabled person.
i would not marry out of sympathy
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Theblessed(f): 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
[size=28pt]Why  Because, all men and women in the world have been extinct,  is it?  Sorio o o o o o o o o, eh![/size]
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by kemisuga(f): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2010
I almost did, but to a jobless guy. I tried to help him, but he back stab me.

NO MORE SYMPATHY
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by NaijaSisi(f): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2010
kemisuga:

I almost did, but to a jobless guy. I tried to help him, but he back stab me.

NO MORE SYMPATHY

Guys can be so silly atimes  angry
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by yme1(f): 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
NOPE not in this life and not in the next one that is if there is any cheesy
its just like standing on a rope knowingly fully well you are gonna fall in no time
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Thespecialone(m): 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ poster: would you?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by midep: 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2010
Most Nigerian marry out of pity, family influence e. t. c dts why we have many failed marriage in the country with many more to follow in the recent years, Parley no even try and marry for sympathy oooo.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by quadrillio(m): 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2010
Naija_Sisi:

Guys can be so silly atimes angry
women are d worst. please, don't ask me to to state my example cos I will make a book.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by chinedumo(m): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
", but i must say it is better than marring someone for beauty and money or whatever you can get from the relationship other than what you can give to the relationship."
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by shakerz1: 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2010
No, but I would definitely marry a MUTE girl. In fact, its #2 on my list things my future wife should have/be
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by chinedumo(m): 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2010
[b]

I want to ask when LOVE became on absence of pity/compassion?
for me Love(Agape lOVE THOUGH),pity and compassion are synonymous.
COS I KNOW VERY WELL THAT THE LOVE OF THIS WORLD(in the actual sense "lust') excludes pity and compassion(to be compassionate).
there is nobody who does not need sympathy one way or the other
some people's deficiency/deformity/incapability is obvious. others is hidden and secret but will come to light in due time, and can be worse than physical disability.

Gold that we seek does not always come in a platter of gold.
As that glitters(healthy, absence of deformity,clean and flawless) is not gold.
this is the reason why people will never be found by love cos they are looking in wrong places(preconceived ideas of where love can be found).

Just like any relationship which runs out of love crashes, so will any relationship that runs out of pity crash! That is not a new thing.!!!

what is must important is:
a marriage is an agreement between the parties involves( "can two work together unless they agree?"wink
so therefor as both the man and his wife continue to love, cherish, pity and have compassion on each other the unit will succeed.

Both must pity each other at all times. the husband the wife: the wife the husband.

that is better than criticizing murmuring
bearing each others burdens
accepting the faults of ur partner and complementing them!!!
being respectful and proud of your partner in the presence of all.

(some to avoid spite hide their faults and inadequacies, lie, put up a false front, deceive their spouses-to-be)

it is not those who inadequacies are physical and impossible to hide that are now the worse of.

[/b]
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by marcus1234: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2010
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by luap: 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
Do not marry out of pity. U R hurting the person you are marrying. They deserve to be married for love and nothing short of that.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by psdave: 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2010
you should never use temporal emotions(pity) to solve a permanant situation(marriage)
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
Now let me ask, what if you had a relationship where suddenly she had an okada accident, and that gave her a little limp, and before then she was your perfect dream girl, and you loved her, would you still go ahead in the relationship? would you call that pity? can someone answer this!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by buzugee(m): 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2010
if she is very hot ? yes. i wouldnt let a little thing like being deaf or blind get in the way of my marrying someone who looks like alicia keyes  grin
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by mamagee3(f): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2010
Why would anyone marry some one for sympathy?

That doesn't even make sense, if you want to marry, marry for someone for his/her behaviour.

Not out of pity or sympathy, it's ridiculous.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by femmy2010(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2010
As silly as it is people does.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Chongaiman: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Why would anyone marry some one for sympathy?

That doesn't even make sense, if you want to marry, marry for someone for his/her behaviour.

Not out of pity or sympathy, it's ridiculous.

Marrying because of one's behaviour could as well be for sympathy. I believe love should be the basis of marriage as it covers a multitude of sins. Hope I would not marry due to sympathy - but who can say?
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by tEsLim(m): 3:59am On Aug 12, 2010
No! YOu will regret itr if you do so. I had a terrible experience already
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by Ranoscky(m): 6:31am On Aug 12, 2010
@Valacious,
such case lyk dat, i'll stil marry her not out of pity buh, for d sake dat she's stil my gurlfriend amid her accident!
But somhow i can stil marry a gurl out pity. y? my reason goes lyk dis- what if i know a gurl dat is not dat beautiful n b'cos of dat guy's don't always aproach her buh, she's a wyfy material, den, y won't i marry her/such gurl? is it a must dat every man must marry beautiful gurls? after all, not all so called beaytiful gurls r wyfy materials, dey'r just "beautiful for nottin". Dia beauty is just to attract boy's n next is to have dem on bed, after dat, dey'r useless!
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by larimo(m): 7:16am On Aug 12, 2010
@Poster, Have you pictured living with someone out of pity for at least 40 years?

We must never marry because of one thing or the other. Marriage has its purposes as clearly taught in the scriptures. Its a godly thing not a pity/sympathy thing.
Re: Would You Marry Someone Out Of Sympathy? by cyril10(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2010
It is not advisable to marry someone out of pity, if anybody tries that, they will live to regret it, marriage only thrives on true love.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Registry Wedding In Lagos! / Should Family Position Of Your Partner Be Considered Before Marriage? / Social Media Begging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.