Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,787 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? (3115 Views)

High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria / My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Here Are The Sony Phones That Will Be Updated To Android 8.0 Oreo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by nuclearboy(m): 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
Thinking to get a Sony Xperia XZ and am wondering if they can be fixed and how durable they are

Would appreciate phone(s) engineer inputs
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by HeyCorleone(m): 1:01am On Jan 09, 2019
nuclearboy:
Thinking to get a Sony Xperia XZ and am wondering if they can be fixed and how durable they are

Would appreciate phone(s) engineer inputs

Though I have never used a Sony device, but my knowledge of smartphones is fairly wide, and I'd say Sony is pretty much a good deal.

Naturally, I think at the highest level of Smartphones, we have iPhone, Samsung, Pixel, and Sony, in no particular order. Sony is top dog. What are we talking about? Durability? Sony was the among the first to start the water resistant thing. Xperias are built to be Solid. The camera is one of the best you'd ever get in a device. Display is top-notch. Speed, no be here.

Sony isn't a phone that anyone should buy with doubts. It's durable. And how often does your phone spoil? Sony phones come with Gorilla Screens, but you can add screen guards for extra support, and make use of phone guards too.

Of a truth, Sony is a very brilliant device. Their phones from 2013 would beat most Androids today. No jokes. Look it up yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by ddjay: 8:12am On Jan 09, 2019
The only problem with sony Xperia phones is that they are "EXPENSIVE" and nothing else, so if you have money to spend, go ahead. That xz can buy you plenty tecno, infinix, umidigi etc. You can also add money and buy any of the xz2, xz3 series (2018 models) or the cheaper xa2 series

1 Like

Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by nuclearboy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
ddjay:
The only problem with sony Xperia phones is that they are "EXPENSIVE" and nothing else, so if you have money to spend, go ahead. That xz can buy you plenty tecno, infinix, umidigi etc. You can also add money and buy any of the xz2, xz3 series (2018 models) or the cheaper xa2 series

Thanks.... the problem that makes me hesitate is reviews I saw, mostly on Amazon... quite a few say they are fantastic but can go dead at NO notice and not many engineers can handle Japanese built phones

That's why I asked input from "engineers"... If I find someone who can handle, I definitely will go for one....
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by nuclearboy(m): 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Though I have never used a Sony device, but my knowledge of smartphones is fairly wide, and I'd say Sony is pretty much a good deal.

Naturally, I think at the highest level of Smartphones, we have iPhone, Samsung, Pixel, and Sony, in no particular order. Sony is top dog. What are we talking about? Durability? Sony was the among the first to start the water resistant thing. Xperias are built to be Solid. The camera is one of the best you'd ever get in a device. Display is top-notch. Speed, no be here.

Sony isn't a phone that anyone should buy with doubts. It's durable. And how often does your phone spoil? Sony phones come with Gorilla Screens, but you can add screen guards for extra support, and make use of phone guards too.

Of a truth, Sony is a very brilliant device. Their phones from 2013 would beat most Androids today. No jokes. Look it up yourself.

Thanks, will likely get one... just want assurance someone is out there who can fix them
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2019
Someone Will soon come and say tecno and infinix naw grin
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by ddjay: 7:55am On Jan 10, 2019
nuclearboy:

Thanks.... the problem that makes me hesitate is reviews I saw, mostly on Amazon... quite a few say they are fantastic but can go dead at NO notice and not many engineers can handle Japanese built phones

That's why I asked input from "engineers"... If I find someone who can handle, I definitely will go for one....
Going dead? Then that must be faulty phone. Just buy from a good and reliable store around you
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Elpacino481(m): 7:40am On Aug 18, 2019
HeyCorleone:

I totally agree with. My Sony Z1 of 2013 is still rocking till date. Only changed battery once. Phone is very fast with just 2GB of ram. This is truly a rugged phone. This post is via Sony Xperia Z1

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by pappybarry(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2019
Sony is a great device but hope you can easily get a good repairer for the phone incase it gets spoilt? Better still get the normal phones available in Nigeria and that have centers you can get them repaired incase it gets spiklt
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by skywalker240(m): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
I would gladly pick sony z3 Of 2013 over that tecno phantom 9.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by ddjay: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
skywalker240:
I would gladly pick sony z3 Of 2013 over that tecno phantom 9.
Even a 2011 Sony Ericsson is better than the phantom 9 sef
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Wizywiz(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
I will gladly pick the sony z3 2013 over redmi note 7 and even the k20 whatever
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by skywalker240(m): 6:30am On Aug 19, 2019
ddjay:
Even a 2011 Sony Ericsson is better than the phantom 9 sef
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
am rolling here already, but i agree with you.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by MrBONE2(m): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2019
Wizywiz:
I will gladly pick the sony z3 2013 over redmi note 7 and even the k20 whatever

grin

Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by ddjay: 10:56am On Aug 19, 2019
skywalker240:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

am rolling here already, but i agree with you.
Sony Xperia e4 (2014) with 5mp main cam and 2mp selfie, resolution of 540x960 pixiels is clearer and better than infinix note 6 (2019) that has 16mp,8mp,2mp main cam and 16mp selfie, 1080x2060 pixel resolution. This one i compared got me laughing loud
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Elpacino481(m): 6:56am On Aug 20, 2019
Where were Tecno, Infinix in fact even Samsung when Sony (Ericsson) was King?
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
Elpacino481:
Where were Tecno, Infinix in fact even Samsung when Sony (Ericsson) was King?
where were where do you expect them to were've been grin
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by mastig: 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
I use an xperia xz2 and I can tell you it's super fast, the benchmark shows it's a truly flagship, very rugged and durable, I had to sell my Huawei p30lite which though flashy and alluring isn't powerful or strong as the Sony and their ip68 rating is the icing too.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by bravesoul247(m): 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
mastig:
I use an xperia xz2 and I can tell you it's super fast, the benchmark shows it's a truly flagship, very rugged and durable, I had to sell my Huawei p30lite which though flashy and alluring isn't powerful or strong as the Sony and their ip68 rating is the icing too.
What's the spec and how much?
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Elpacino481(m): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
mastig:
My XZ2 landing next week too.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Elpacino481(m): 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
bravesoul247:
What's the spec and how much?
Contact Dwrightrules for it
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Lawrencestix(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
HeyCorleone:

i still own a sony xperia z1 smartphone which i bought in 2016 and d phone has never disappointed me,shatter proof screen,water and dust resistant,the back of the fone is shatter proof glass,camera 21mp full hd display,wireless charging,sd800@2.2ghz quadcore,4k videos,3000mah ba3 and its a 2013 flagship fone.it has drop many tyms n no scratch.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Lawrencestix(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
Elpacino481:

I totally agree with. My Sony Z1 of 2013 is still rocking till date. Only changed battery once. Phone is very fast with just 2GB of ram. This is truly a rugged phone. This post is via Sony Xperia Z1
i so much love dat fone did u know that i made a guy changed his fone twice because d games my sony z1 can handle flawlessly his tecno couldnt play need for speed,he later bought gionee m5 same thing occurred.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by longestwai: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
Which android phone is pocket friendly with good camera for 50k
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Elpacino481(m): 12:01am On Aug 25, 2019
Lawrencestix:
i so much love dat fone did u know that i made a guy changed his fone twice because d games my sony z1 can handle flawlessly his tecno couldnt play need for speed,he later bought gionee m5 same thing occurred.
till date Sony is the fastest android. goto youtube and watch the speed test between Xperia 1 and Galaxy S10+. I respect Sony any day anytime. too bad they don't market their products here
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by skywalker240(m): 6:24am On Aug 25, 2019
My sony ericcsson k750i, is a phone i will never forget, back then in 2010. i even prefered it to nokia 2700 classic.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Lawrencestix(m): 3:40am On Aug 26, 2019
Elpacino481:
till date Sony is the fastest android. goto youtube and watch the speed test between Xperia 1 and Galaxy S10+. I respect Sony any day anytime. too bad they don't market their products here
exactly
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by trueking: 4:10am On Aug 26, 2019
OP I'll advise you go for a phone with warranty and can be fixed easily in Nigeria, don't come and open thread on how your Sony is misbehaving, by then you will not see the people giving you advice now O. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by trueking: 4:12am On Aug 26, 2019
They do not even rank among world best phones sef
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Sammiel: 5:53am On Aug 26, 2019
Sony phones are quite on the heavy side as well.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by certifiedvik(m): 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
Please am in need of Sony xperia Z battery,, please if you know anyone kindly direct to me PLEASE.
Re: Thoughts On Sony Phones In Nigeria..... Any Ideas? by Wizywiz(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Someone Will soon come and say tecno and infinix naw grin
and anoda will also come and say redmi...or zaiomi now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!!!! I Need A New Smartphone With A Budget Of #40,000 - #50,000 / Key For Concise Oxford English Dictionary 11e / Free Unlock Code E5372 , ( Use All Networks Worldwide ) Free Code Calculator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.