Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu (3849 Views)

Le Guen To Coach Super Eagles / El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by 12large: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2010
Former Super Eagles handler. Shuaibu Amodu has kicked against the choice of Samson Siasia for the Super Eagles Manager's job.

Amodu declared that danger looms for the national team if caution and meritocracy are not applied in the choice or who will manage the Super Eagles in place of Lars Lagerback whose contract was not renewed after the 2010 World Cup.

Amodu who qualified the nation for the first-ever World Cup on African soil before Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) chieftains brought in Lagerback said that a lot of sentiments are already being used to give out the job which should not be so. Already, the media has determined that the job should be given to Siasia. Is he competent to manage the team? Does he have the pedigree?

"A lot of factors are supposed to be used in determining who manage the national team. Are we following due process in our choice of him?

Though he paid glowing tribute to the achievement of the former Flying Eagles Head Coach Samson Siasia, describing him as one of the country's brightest and upcoming coaches, he insisted that the NFF must not use sentiment but scratinize all those interested in the job currently occupied by Caretaker Coach ,Austin Equavoen.

The former BCC Lions and Orlando Pirates of South Africa handler spoke about his readiness to face the House of Representatives inquiry about the country's flop at the 2010 World Cup which will get underway on Tuesday in Abuja.

"Actually, this is not the first time I will be facing the National Assembly after dismal outing at various tournament. After Japan/Korea 2002 World Cup, I was invited by the National Assembly. My findings are already in place and I'm ready to state how we got it wrong in South Africa."
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by honeric01(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
What is your source to this lie?

[size=13pt]I listened to the audio interview on brila fm and there was no time he said that Siasia is incompetent.[/size]

Why can't you people stop running after this man? angry angry angry
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by 12large: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
so do you agree or disagree with amodu. for me as long as eguavoen,chukwu and amodu was once nigeria coach, then i think siasia deserves his chance because his better than those 3. the only problem i have with siasia is his arrogance. should he get it job it won't suprise me if he starts inviting players like ambrose vanzekin,promise isaac,efe ambrose so people would say ohh thats siasia boys. thats what he did in 2009 instead of taking chrisantus and udoh he was too arrogant even lied that santus was injured, while he clearly knew that chrisantus was going to be fit for that tornament. if he get the job hope he realize that his no more coaching "siasia siasia boys' but super eagles.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by honeric01(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2010
Agree with what? BTW, what is your source or did you just write it yourself?

If you wrote it yourself fine, if not, then include your source.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by 12large: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2010
honeric does this look like something that i made up. allnigeriasoccer.com and mtn football.com is my sources
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by mamagee3(f): 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2010
So, who is competent enough to coach the eagles? Lagerback?

Amodu needs to get right back under the whole in which he came out from.

Where was he to criticize when the white man, lagerback destroyed our squad and made them perform very poorly in the World cup?

He couldn't rise up against the white man but he can run his mouth when it has to do with siasia.

Coward!
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by medjai(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2010
cant see where he said Sia1 is incompetent and infact nothing in this write up implies that. I think he was only tryin to offer an advice
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by semid4lyfe(m): 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
12large:
does this look like something that i made up.
No simply because you written English, grammar & sentence construction is terrible.
12large:
allnigeriasoccer.com and mtn football.com is my sources
F.0.0.L. . .next time post your story with a link and don't wait to be asked.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by 12large: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2010
maalam abeg i need sum suya jare
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by medjai(m): 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2010
the part where something was said about competency is not in quotes which means it is most likely an inference from whoever wrote up the piece
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by 12large: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
semid which side for kano or kaduna u dey live. abeg e don te wen i chop suya i go pay you well. -
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by 12large: 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ibime please we are all grown up's here why are you cursing amodu father and mother. moderator please remove that ibime post it is disgustingly disrespectful
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by honeric01(m): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ibime:

Moral Police, I think your name 12large is also disgustingly disrespectful.

Is Amodu your relative? Dont bring local way of thinking here abeg.

Amodu has long insult the intelligence of all Nigerians with all manner of corruption in our Super Eagles. . . .

But i hope you know he's more valuable and important in Nigeria than you?

Where he enters, you won't be allowed to enter, if you doubt that then go to the glass house and let's see if you'd be allowed inside. grin grin
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by Ibime(m): 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^^So why you come delete my post nah?. . . . is it against the rules to diss the family of incompetent and corrupt public officials?  cool

If I say thunder fire IBB and all his family, down to the 4th generation, would you also delete my post?

Make una take time o!  tongue
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by honeric01(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^

Did he steal anything from you? did you employ him? did his family collect your wife?

If you don't want your posts get deleted, then type with manners and stop insulting a man just because of an article that lacks merit.

Like i said, HE NEVER SAID (the siasia not being competent part) what this useless article wrote he said, I LISTENED to the interview and heard everything he said.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by Ibime(m): 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^^Erm. . . . it is my prerogative to cuss Amodu if I want. I have been cussing Amodu on here for ages, why only now you come dey act? Because someone who takes his name from the size of his manliness (12large) believes I am being vulgar? The irony. . . .

Can you show me on your moderator handbook where it says that we cant cuss celebs?

Who made y'all the moral arbiter of what I can or cannot say about unknown people who are not members of Nairaland?

You have made a wrong judgement here. Its not your remit to decide whether me cussing a public figure is an offence.

Again, I ask:

If I curse IBB and all his generations, would you also delete my posts?
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by 12large: 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2010
ibime am sorry you need to check your head. you do not even know if amodu father and mother is alive how can you just insult the two of them like that just because you disagree with his opinion. you could have talked bad about amodu, but to add his father and mother when i think his father is "late" should not be tolerated on his place
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by honeric01(m): 4:07am On Aug 11, 2010
Ibime:

^^^Erm. . . . it is my prerogative to cuss Amodu if I want. I have been cussing Amodu on here for ages, why only now you come dey act? Because someone who takes his name from the size of his manliness (12large) believes I am being vulgar? The irony. . . .

Can you show me on your moderator handbook where it says that we cant cuss celebs?

Who made y'all the moral arbiter of what I can or cannot say about unknown people who are not members of Nairaland?

You have made a wrong judgement here. Its not your remit to decide whether me cussing a public figure is an offence.

Again, I ask:

If I curse IBB and all his generations, would you also delete my posts?

hé's a no public servant, he does not work for the government again, so free the man, abi u employ am?

if u cuss IBB, fine, it's not a sport thing, the mods on politics know what to do.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by Ranoscky(m): 11:42am On Aug 11, 2010
I hold my peace!
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by bisiaet: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2010
To be honest I'm not very sure Amodu would say such. We need more evidence on this thread
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by Kgdavid(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2010
is it 12large that is complaining about someone else being vulgar?? LMAO!! guy go and check how vulgur your own posts on this forum are before you begin to talk of another persons own.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by Fogman(m): 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2010
Amodu is not competent enough to talk about Siasia competence or not! Was Amodu competent to coach the Eagles? Anyway, this is a debate for another day.  I expect Amodu to be silent, so his misadventures with Eagles ll erase from our memory.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by mckaycee(m): 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
During the last nations cup, Amodu was simply a SENIOR SPECTATOR, he could not talk to his players, was fielding OVER-FAT YAKUBU who prefered chewing gums to playing soccer and scoring goals. Could not read games, and made some stupid changes in games. Sia1 was rated no 15 by professional coaches worldwide, what is Amodu's rating. Wherever he got that liver to talk self? He's got no brains cos he couldn't learn the simplest things from Ferguson and Ancelloti. He'd better go upgrade himself as a good coach.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by honeric01(m): 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2010
SOME NIGERIANS ARE SO GULLIBLE, YOU LOT CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING AS LONG AS THE PERSON INVOLVED IS SOMEONE YOU LOVE OR HATE.

This Article is plain lies, i mean there are alot of lies in there just to sell their story.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by GBT(m): 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2010
Really if the story truely is from Amodu then  i am sad. i dont understand what he meant by due process but he needs to be informed that 5 of Amodus, Austin and Chuckwu can't match Saisa ANYTIME!

HE  SHOULD GO AND FORM AN ACADEMY IF HE THINKS HE STILL HAS ANYTHING TO GIVE AND STOP PLAYER HATING  AS HE HAD HIS PERIODS AND FAILED.

Siasa obvious has his faults just like every human being but inspite of this will do a better job than Amodu. Amodu should learn to know when to draw the line and stop crying over spilled milk.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by Pappij: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2010
abeg, just drop the talk already, d topic is a lie.

Amodu is still respected and whether you like it or not, he is alot more successful than any other local coach. Please let the man be, if he was dissin anyone its NFF and their modus operandi, not Siasia, 12large just got all of us on a wrong plane for a second.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by sley4life(m): 2:16pm On Aug 11, 2010
Amodu should just take a rest & open a shop @ alaba international
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by HighChief4(m): 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2010
Is it Amodu that sits on the bench eating suya(yes suya,not gum) while d super chickens run around the pitch like headless chickens will tell us who to take the job, meanwhile people should stop creditin him with our qualification for the world, i think d glory should go to the Tunisians who failed to win their last match. I sanction Sia Sia to take charge of super eagles and i know he will do well, cos he is a winner.
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by hackney(m): 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2010
I just think that a nigerian should not be assigned that post.
The reason being that nigerians (especially the ones in nigeria) are inherently corrupt.
(No sense of image to preserve or even self respect)

With a nigerian in charge , Yakubu can just give  £20,000 and for the next 3 world cups he will be
the main striker with any of his cousins playing left back all in the koro koro of your before.
(laff no gree me type oooo)
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by Exponental(m): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

What is your source to this lie?

[size=13pt]I listened to the audio interview on brila fm and there was no time he said that Siasia is incompetent.[/size]

Why can't you people stop running after this man? angry angry angry

if truly Amodu said this, then, " WHO IS GIN TO ACCUSE SMALL STOUT OF BEING ALCOHOLIC"
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by Ibime(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2010
12large:

ibime am sorry you need to check your head. you do not even know if amodu father and mother is alive how can you just insult the two of them like that just because you disagree with his opinion.

hehehe. . . . were you not the one that said this a couple of days ago. . .

12large:

emmanuel thunder strike your family. mikel your father best player. a player that passes the ball sideways and backpass almost all the time, a player with no dribbling skill a player that have not score any goal in 200games na naija best player i for use cultlass cut that hand wey u use type this non-sense

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-493492.0.html

Laugh want kill me die. . .
Re: Siasia Not Competent Enough To Coach Eagles - Amodu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2010
While it is unwise to assume Amodu has said such as described by the poster, it brings up other issues mentioned nonetheless, Is NFF applying reason and logic to his selection? or are they just pandering to the much more comfortable option given the tight position they are in at present. I totally adore Siasia's achievements as a player in the Glory days of the Super Eagles and as a coach  for the Youth team. you cannot take that away from him, he deserves a take at the Job of SE Chief Coach. I believe that Amodu also presents worthy achievements as a local league and CAF  Champion and with his recent qualification of a ragtag Super Eagles to SA2010 (against the odds). neither Siasia nor Amodu were given their comeuppance to the SE in SA2010 with Lagerback at the helm.

We cannot totally Blame Amodu or Lagerback for the SE's regrettably besot performance (Kaita's and Yakubu's especially). the team showed clear signs they could not pack a good performance at SA2010 from the get-go.

In the end it is all a matter of blending the best of either coaches to help bring back the glory days of the SE, whether they will be mature enough to work together (sentiments, arrogance and ego aside) is another matter

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Mason Greenwood Never Raped Me- Mason Greenwoods Ex / Champions League Quater Final Draw: Whats Your Take ? / David De Gea New Christmas Meme Picture Got Football Fans Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.