Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket (7343 Views)

St / Fashola: "I Paid For My Grave Four Years Ago" / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2010
AC should give the ticket back to Buhari ooo and maybe Ribadu can be his running mate. But I doubt a Ribadu ticket can make sense to the majority in so short a period because we all know his story . . . it is fresh on our minds and it is not that of a leader but of a man who was able to fight his fight, NOTE: HIS FIGHT.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2010
adconline:

The point is that you have not answered my questions. Where were you when AD was formed to only protect the interest of only one tribe in Nigeria? Where were you when AD transformed into AC. Why didnt you not complain that no Igbo name has been mentioned in AC names that are flying around. Why is ANPP a northern party? Your sense of one Nigeria is expressed whenever APGA is mentioned? It's either you are xenophobic or a poor student of political events. Nigeria has always had tribal/regional parties. So check your ignorant coat at your computer desktop before coming here to insinuate that APGA wants to break up Nigeria.
APGA has not said that it would protect only the interest of Igbos, so telling them to win all Igbo states is like telling OBJ to win all South western states in 1999 or telling AC to win all south western states. There is no balance in your thought process

Stop jumping the gun, answer my question squarely please ok?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2010
asha 80:

Sorry bros but i hold the belief that the country is structurally flawed and the system we are operating on encourages corruption.that is why i hardly contrbute to political debates these days.

You got that right bro. Too right.
True federalism is the only way and anyone aspiring to lead us must have that aspiration (or his section of the country at the very least).
True federalism or burst. cool
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2010
One thing I've noticed is people seem to be hung on political parties. You can actually vote for completely different parties at different levels; presidency, legislature, governoship, lg etc; the voting days are even different for the different levels as well.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by adconline(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
Stop jumping the gun, answer my question squarely please ok?

You have not posed any questions to be answered or have you?  You are sounding like one of Naija's demagogues coached you. My question to you is this. Why  is APGA viewed from your obscure and xenophobic lens as a party that is advocating for Nigeria's break-up because of its regional formation while ANPP and AC are not viewed from the same standpoint not minding the fact they both have the same tribal appeal ?  It seems you are too afraid to finish this debate you started?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2010
^^

Fed up with you and your likes, BTW, i don't vote for party, i vote for personalty
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by chosen04(f): 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

^^

Fed up with you and your likes, BTW, i don't vote for party, i vote for personalty

Even if the party of your personality is pro-corruption and anti-people?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2010
chosen04:

Leave that to me to decide when i get there.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by chosen04(f): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

Leave that to me to decide when i get there.

. . . . . .Your response sounds like postponing the evil days. . .Hope you not one of the evil days postponers?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . . .Your response sounds like postponing the evil days. . .Hope you not one of the evil days postponers?

Lol . . .
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2010
chosen04:

That is a good question. So what options do we have as a people?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by DoubleN(m): 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
The Dude you should better respect himself and collect his second term Jeje. Running as VP at this time in our politics is just him making himself a non-entity!
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by paddylo1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 12, 2010
None, AC just looks positive because it's an opposition but i can bet you that they'll be worse than PDP if they get into power so i'll stick with APGA which has Igbo interest.

Afam. . which one is igbo interest. . never knew u were an ethnic jingoist

If u want to protect/project Igbo interest then vote for the PDP which is a national party that has all Nigerians in its fold

A sectional party like APGA,will not do anything for u. . . . cool
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by bones1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2010
In response to the original thread/ issue posted, without any prejudice to the reason(s) Fashola might have given Ribadu for not wanting to be his vice presidential running mate, I think the decision he took is right.

Fashola has much more to offer Lagos state, as its governor for a second term, albeit with the corruption tendencies !
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2010
I prefer Fashola as a governor for now than being a president, maybe in 8yrs time, both him and Bukola Saraki can have a joint ticket if both of them come to good terms (running on a new party or Saraki coming to join ACN)
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by kelvin(m): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
I think Fashola made the right choice. He chose not to lose in 2011, which is what is going to happen to Ribadu and whoever joins as his running mate.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by marcus1234: 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by muy(m): 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2010
d
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by becomrich3: 1:25am On Aug 13, 2010
Some of this nigeria newspaper make us laugh. Give me one reason why AC would want to field Nuru Ribadu. There is No reason, why they would field Nuru Ribadu. Can you name one state Nuru Ribadu would win in NIgeria. What about ZERO, sound to you like. Even in the North, the superpowers in the North would never agree to allow Nuru Ribadu.

IBB would rather die than see Nuru ribadu has president.  90% of northern business would make sure Nuru ribadu NO. He cant win the north. Nuru ribadu is not popular in the north.  And going about saying northerner would be minority, it show you nuru ribadu is not in touch with north. (electotal reform).

Forget Nuru ribadu. He would never be president. It is PDP that want AC to field Nuru Ribadu. Nuru Ribadu can not win a state in Nigeria. He can not win even Adamawa. Nigeria is a corrupt society.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 1:29am On Aug 13, 2010
^
Becomerich when will you learn that it is Nuhu Ribadu. Why do you always write Nuru Ribadu? Damn!
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by becomrich3: 3:26am On Aug 13, 2010
Fashola has a chance in AC to win the presidency.  If Fashola run for president. What it means is that AC would pick up 15 states or more. If he pick someone that I have in mind to be vice president.  He would defeat Jonathan in a free and fair election. But how free is the election in nigeria. ?  Fashola is ahead  , he can show people what he has done for a short time. There is someone in the PDP from the north that if Fashola pick as vice president, the show is over for Jonathan.  I do not want to name that person over the internet. Oshimole major problem is that he is just a new governor and would take time for any project to be finished. The AC if they play thier card very well , can come to power.  Fashola main fear is , he loss the election. He would have nothing to fall back. But look at it this way, he would have won more state for his party in the governorship election.  But the AC has to merge with the Labour congress party. It is very important for a win.

Saraki stand even a better chance of been president than Jonathan, with Amachie.  A saraki presidency/Amachie vice president. is another option. And that why the Supporter of Jonathan knowing this have been trying to destroy saraki and amachie names. So that the PDP do not take that option.  Jonathan main problem is the last 11 years achievement in politics. It has been hard for them to even post it on the internet.And other politician should learn from this, if you have nothing to show people.  This is one obstacle Jonathan would face.

Another factor  Jonathan would have a problem, is that he is from Bayelsa state, the state with the largest per capital head in Nigeria. Billion have been pump to the state, but nothing have been seen. Stole by a criminal group. The people of bayelsa are among the poorers in nigeria. They have never seen the billion pump to them.
Another factor  Jonathan would have a problem is his close friend and political associate Diepreye Alamieyeseigha , who was arrested in London by scotland yard for fraud.  Another factor  Jonathan would have a problem is the arrest of Akingbola, a Pastor of the redeemed church, and a close associate of Pastor Adeboye.  the church has over 9000 branches in Nigeria. 100 times more member than the PDP.  And I do not think the church member would be smiling at the moment.   Is party the PDP chance in Yorubaland is low. Yoruba tend to support Yoruba activitist. Bankole , Obasanjo etc have never been seen as one. So his chance in Yorubaland is ver very  low. No party can win Yorubaland without having  Yoruba activitist. The only way Jonathan can win is structural reform. remove the Edo,delta Yorubas from nigeria. Making him the only southerner candidate against the north.   Jonathan is  fighting too many battle. Buying 3 private jet during an election is not the best decision to take. While  citizen do not have food to eat. Negative vibe is not good for election.

On IBB, IBB cant win as long as Buhari is running. most northerner do not like IBB too. It is not only in the south. Buhari stand a better chance than IBB. In term of an average northerner , Buhari is more liked than IBB. This would be critical to where they vote.

Honest between me and you Jonathan is fighting too many battle. I wonder how his advisers think.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Ikengawo: 3:35am On Aug 13, 2010
. . . . .And one of his unfinished works must be another increase in BRT buses fare?
hey ungrateful LovePeddler.

if it wasn't for fashola you wouldn't have a BRT to begin with LOL go die.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by opeo2000: 6:09am On Aug 13, 2010
I think AC SHOULD TRY THIS FORMULATION Ribadu-Utomi.A Northerner and a south-south candidate.This might work cos if the Northerner gets the Pdp ticket,Jonathan is likely to shift sides and if Jonathan gets the ticket the North might decide to support one of their own.TINUBU Please leave Fashola to do his second term weather u like it or not he is coming back.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 6:31am On Aug 13, 2010
opeo2000:

I think AC SHOULD TRY THIS FORMULATION Ribadu-Utomi.A Northerner and a south-south candidate.This might work cos if the Northerner gets the Pdp ticket,Jonathan is likely to shift sides and if Jonathan gets the ticket the North might decide to support one of their own.TINUBU Please leave Fashola to do his second term weather u like it or not he is coming back.

AC[i]N[/i] doesn't even know under what name they will face the elections. How many names have they had? That party doesn't project seriousness and is very tiny anyway. They might win presidential elections next century, but of course, only God knows what their name will be then.

If they ever want to challenge the PDP, then they must look to ally with other parties and grow into a national force; not a party running only Edo and Lagos.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by becomrich3: 6:45am On Aug 13, 2010
You have to understand how politics works. You try to win as many state as possible.

Ribadu can not win any state in nigeria politics, even in the north. Any one not pro north among northerner is finshed in northern politics.  In northern politics. People who do not believe in Arewa(north) first do not win.  You see, go on youtube Ribadu went around the world talking about electoral reform, which would put the north into minority. Northerner hate that. And for talking about electoral reform that would put northerner into minority status. Some northerner may even kill him , if he step his foot on the soil of kano.

The satellite picture are powerful. I would not be shock if i  beat Ribadu in north , even while I am not a northerner, just because I have been pushing for them to cut off edo,delta and yoruba from nigeria so that the north become majority. Northerner prefer that, and anyone telling them nonsense like Ribadu have been saying. Does not speak for them.

And ribadu is just speaking Turashi, northerners are not looking for people who are speaking Turashi. I am telling you of deep ethnics politics. If I can make them majority, they are ready to give me wife in every state in the north and send them all of them to me in canada if the canadian embassy allow them 18 or so women to get visa as one man wife. This is how deep it is.  That why they keep on posting one of Yar adua child. I am telling you knowing Northerner, he would give me his child for making the north majority.  We had a civil war over North and south, which were aftermath of a south coup. It lead to a civil war, more than 1,000,000 people was killed.

Former Sultan of Sokoto children Dasuki went to a primary school in sokoto that is own by my friend mother, her surname start with M. Dasuki can go and find out from them. If I would be telling lies over this. I lived in the north before. They can kill over the issue of the satellie picture.

The satellite picture are deep. Northerner do not need people who want to speak Turashi to them. As far as they are concern ,  Ribadu is a Turashi man. And Ba turashi in the north. Turashi mean english. Ko ba kaba.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 7:06am On Aug 13, 2010
^
All dat yama yama no be Hausa. "Turashi!" Lol
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Elaineh: 7:08am On Aug 13, 2010
Congrats becomrich abi becompoor. You have just decimated the Hausa language! Turashi ko, turashi ni. Mcchheew!
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by marcus1234: 7:15am On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by VALIDATOR: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2010
Ikengawo:

hey ungrateful LovePeddler.

if it wasn't for fashola you wouldn't have a BRT to begin with LOL go die.

@ ikengawo,
BRT started with the Tinubu administration and was already well established before Fashola came on board.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 10:04am On Aug 13, 2010
VALIDATOR:

@ ikengawo,
BRT started with the Tinubu administration and was already well established before Fashola came on board.

Are you serious? i thought BRT start mid/late 2007 or do you have any contrary opinion? undecided undecided undecided

Beaf:

AC[i]N[/i] doesn't even know under what name they will face the elections. How many names have they had?

The party name is ACN
A : Action
C : Congress of
N : Nigeria
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by dipotech: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2010
[quote][/quote]Can this country ever enjoy true democracy? We keep talking about voting for parties, voting for clans, zoning bla bla bla, instead of looking for credible people regardless of their party, clan, ethnicity or popularity. My people please grow up. I will vote for sincerity, dignity, professionalism, intelligence, transparency regardless of the party such person with the attributes belong to.

I think Nigerians need a God-sent candidate to rule us. Believe you me no candidate mentioned so far is good except Pat Utomi who is yet to be tested.

If Ribadu emerges a winner today, someone like OBJ will not allow him to perform, Jonathan is also a tool in the hand of OBJ and so on and so forth. Another thing in politics is that whichever party emerges at the top draw the bad politicians to itself. PDP is reigning because it's in power, if any other party wins all these bad politicians move straight into the party. Late Adedibu wasn't in PDP in 1999 but later hijacked the party so also Saraki from Ilorin.

In short, let us all pray for GOD-SENT candidates at all levels this time around, another 4 years mean a lot in everybody's life.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by bones1(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2010
All I know is Fashola for second term !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unauthorized Withdrawal Of NLNG Dividends: NNPC Insists On Full Disclosure / 2019: APC, PDP Eye Contractors, Lawmakers For Campaign Funds / Sanwo-Olu List Achievements In Agriculture In 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.