Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,306 members, 7,957,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? (2196 Views)

If God Created This Universe, What's To Say He Didn't Create Another? / God Is Not From/in This Universe Or Heaven , Where Was God Before Creation?? / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 10:16am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
I would like you to read Revelations chapter 21 verses 9-22. It is the place you are talking about and like I said it is a metaphor for the Lamb's bride and not even Heaven. You read it out of context or misunderstood it. Read again, please

LoL na wa o! So the description of a city is now metaphor for a bride. LMFAO!

So the throne and 24elders with crowns of gold are also a metaphor right? LMFAO!
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 10:22am On Jan 09, 2019
You are mixing things up. Clearly, you don't want to know. Thanks, though, for the brief moment
LordReed:

LoL na wa o! So the description of a city is now metaphor for a bride. LMFAO!

So the throne and 24elders with crowns of gold are also a metaphor right? LMFAO!
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 10:25am On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

According to the Bible (which you are challenging), the issue is Faith. So, we are given evidence that CAN be denied. If God were to manifest Himself in His Glory, you would not be able to deny His Existence but then you could no longer freely choose to submit to Him. As I have already told you before, in time God will come to judge the world. You will see Him then. And you will have no choice but to believe. But that will not help you one whit then.

The angels and, yes, dead believers.

They are more alive than you could ever hope to be, LordReed. They have these "bodies" right now that allow them to enjoy the physical delights of Heaven as they rest from the war on Earth and wait for their victorious return with the Lord Jesus.

God obviously does not need to manifest anything. And I never said anything about manifested mansions and gold, that's all you. God created Heaven where He maintains a battle headquarters and a place of rest for warriors who have won through the war on Earth. The delights of Heaven are incredible but they were all created, not manifested. Only the Appearances of the Three Persons of the Trinity are manifestations since They are uncreated, except for the Lord Jesus's Humanity.

Asked and answered.

LOL.

LMFAO! Interesting. So somehow dead people are more alive than they were when they were alive?

I don't know if you guys don't realise how so childish it sounds when you go the god will come and punish you track? LMFAO!
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 10:27am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
You are mixing things up. Clearly, you don't want to know. Thanks, though, for the brief moment

You said gold in heaven is a metaphor yet there are supposedly people there wearing it on their heads. A simple question are those metaphors too? And back to the original one how do you know?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 10:37am On Jan 09, 2019
I said gold in the context it is used. You talked of pearly gates. Let's finish that one then we can move to another
LordReed:

You said gold in heaven is a metaphor yet there are supposedly people there wearing it on their heads. A simple question are those metaphors too? And back to the original one how do you know?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 10:39am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Interesting. So somehow dead people are more alive than they were when they were alive?

I don't know if you guys don't realise how so childish it sounds when you go the god will come and punish you track? LMFAO!
Why you think this should faze me is completely beyond me. You laugh at Faith. Why would you not laugh at anything the Bible says?

I don't care how what I say sounds to you, LordReed. I don't measure my words by your feelings and idiosyncrasies. I measure them by the Bible which I believe completely. That you don't share my confidence in the Bible would be laughable to me if I didn't also believe that nothing about Hell is funny.

So, maybe, actually make arguments that are worth responding to instead of throwing quips that count for nothing.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 10:46am On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Why you think this should faze me is completely beyond me. You laugh at Faith. Why would you not laugh at anything the Bible says?

I don't care how what I say sounds to you, LordReed. I don't measure my words by your feelings and idiosyncrasies. I measure them by the Bible which I believe completely. That you don't share my confidence in the Bible would be laughable to me if I didn't also believe that nothing about Hell is funny.

So, maybe, actually make arguments that are worth responding to instead of throwing quips that count for nothing.

LMFAO! Its not not getting to me the tears in my eyes are because something entered my eyes! LMFAO!

I didn't argue with you, I just stressed on something you said or is that not what you wrote?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2019
Shelumiel:
Why should I reply a jobless fool ....eh?
You just implied that I'm not worth replying, but you still replied. LOL. Hold this L, dumbass. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
I said gold in the context it is used. You talked of pearly gates. Let's finish that one then we can move to another

It is only one example of gold in heaven or even of other supposed riches. If one is a metaphor, are the others?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
By context. When the Bible says that if all the deeds of Jesus Christ were to be written down, I reckon the whole world won't contain them, the writer was using metaphors. When Isaiah's lips were touched with the burning coal, it was not physical was it? The way to grasp a thing is to read about what it says and juxtapose with what is being said and what you think. Have you read the Bible today?
So If i may ask, what's your perception of heaven? Just curious.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 10:53am On Jan 09, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

LOL. The way they talk at times, you'd think they're the original authors of the bible and are the only ones who understand what their God was trying to say in certain passages of the bible.

I tire. Ask him how he knows and he goes back to the original premise, god is incomprehensible but yet you know it and its heaven home. LoL!

1 Like

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 10:56am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Its not not getting to me the tears in my eyes are because something entered my eyes! LMFAO!

I didn't argue with you, I just stressed on something you said or is that not what you wrote?
Obviously you didn't. That was why I told you to spend your time, energy and data better. If you want to laugh at me, why you think that that would accomplish anything at all for you is beyond me. Perhaps, you could find more people to laugh with and feel comfortable in your numbers? That may be a reason. But if you thought it would make some kind of difference to me, I'm not sure why you would think so.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by pressplay411(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

FINALLY IT'S TIME FOR FOLKS TO YIELD THAT THEIR BIBLE AND STORIES TOLD OF THEIR RELIGION IS NOTHING BUT THE WORKS OF THE PRIMITIVE MEN'S IMAGINATION.
IF THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN IN OUR TIME IT'LL CONTAIN STUFF LIKE TABLETS AND ROBOTS INSTEAD OF MUSTARD SEED AND SCROLLS.

YOU SOUND REAL STUPID WITH THIS CLAIM, NO DISRESPECT INTENDED.

THINK. WHAT DOES YAHWEH NEED PRECIOUS STONES FOR? FOR FASHION OR WHAT?

STACKING RICHES, PLANTING TREES, ENJOYING TRUMPET TUNES AND JUDGING PEOPLE SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING A MORTAL MAN WOULD DO.

I am actually not only very stupid, but very foolish too when it comes to God. And that's what makes Grace abound to me and unfortunately that's what makes God resist you.
Who loses? You who is so wise and lost or we who are foolish about things of God and have Rest.

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; 1 Corinthians 1:27

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. Matthew 11:25-27
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Obviously you didn't. That was why I told you to spend your time, energy and data better. If you want to laugh at me, why you think that that would accomplish anything at all for you is beyond me. Perhaps, you could find more people to laugh with and feel comfortable in your numbers? That may be a reason. But if you thought it would make some kind of difference to me, I'm not sure why you would think so.

LMFAO! It accomplishes my entertainment. Dead people are more alive than living people, seriously you should write movie scripts for a living. Harry Potter will pale in comparison with your story crafting. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! It accomplishes my entertainment. Dead people are more alive than living people, seriously you should write movie scripts for a living. Harry Potter will pale in comparison with your story crafting. LMFAO!
If that entertained you, you should read the Bible itself. You'd probably laugh until you couldn't breathe anymore. I don't need to write a script with the Bible saying everything I am saying and more besides.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

If that entertained you, you should read the Bible itself. You'd probably laugh until you couldn't breathe anymore. I don't need to write a script with the Bible saying everything I am saying and more besides.

There are better tales than the bible quite frankly, Game of Thrones for example or even Lord of the Rings. Someone once said he wished JRR Tolkien had written the bible, I suppose because he wrote such an elaborate fictional account of creation that was way better than that of the bible. However your apologetic interjections give the bible more colour. LMFAO!
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

There are better tales than the bible quite frankly, Game of Thrones for example or even Lord of the Rings. Someone once said he wished JRR Tolkien had written the bible, I suppose because he wrote such an elaborate fictional account of creation that was way better than that of the bible. However your apologetic interjections give the bible more colour. LMFAO!
That's just because you don't know the Bible like I do. I used to think Tolkien was cool too until I understood what the Bible was saying. My love for high fantasy started to die then. Nothing is more colorful than the Truth itself. The only problem anyone has with it is that it is unyielding. Either you bow to the Truth or you are broken by it.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

That's just because you don't know the Bible like I do. I used to think Tolkien was cool too until I understood what the Bible was saying. My love for high fantasy started to die then. Nothing is more colorful than the Truth itself. The only problem anyone has with it is that it is unyielding. Either you bow to the Truth or you are broken by it.

Apparently no one does! LMFAO! More reason why you should do a movie treatment let's blow Gods of Egypt and the 10 Commandments out of the water! LMFAO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Heartbender: 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
If I say "I will beat you black and blue" and also said "I beat him black and blue" what sense do you make of it?
LordReed:

It is only one example of gold in heaven or even of other supposed riches. If one is a metaphor, are the others?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
Heartbender:
If I say "I will beat you black and blue" and also said "I beat him black and blue" what sense do you make of it?

Both are metaphors. So your answer is gold and riches in heaven are metaphors?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

Apparently no one does! LMFAO! More reason why you should do a movie treatment let's blow Gods of Egypt and the 10 Commandments out of the water! LMFAO!
What? No one does what?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

What? No one does what?

Know the bible like you.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

Know the bible like you.
I learned from someone else, didn't I?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I learned from someone else, didn't I?

Doesn't sound like that at all.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
LordReed:

Doesn't sound like that at all.
I'm not sure that that has anything to do with me. I've seen how you interpret a lot of things so I can only imagine how much else you make such a hash of.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I'm not sure that that has anything to do with me. I've seen how you interpret a lot of things so I can only imagine how much else you make such a hash of.

Your cup of tea mate.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Niflheim(m): 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
Gold that can be found in the ground exists In heaven? So who refined the gold?God owns a gold refinery in heaven? The Jews love gold and claim that you will get gold in heaven........Scandinavians loved roasted meat and said you will see a dining hall in heaven......Muslims love fresh t*t* and said you will get 72 in heaven!!! Cavemen stories for stupid baboons!!!

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Martinez19(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
Heartbender:
Heaven is not a part of the universe. Gold, in this context, is a metaphor. It represents something close to what human knowledge can grasp and imperfect language can transmit. Indeed, anything so precious is often called gold to "communicate" the writer's sense-perception in mortal understanding.
How did you know this? Who told you this?
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2019
There is nothing logically amazing about heaven assuming it exists.
Same goes for spirit realms.
Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by LordReed(m): 2:40am On Jan 11, 2019
Niflheim:
Gold that can be found in the ground exists In heaven? So who refined the gold?God owns a gold refinery in heaven? The Jews love gold and claim that you will get gold in heaven........Scandinavians loved roasted meat and said you will see a dining hall in heaven......Muslims love fresh t*t* and said you will get 72 in heaven!!! Cavemen stories for stupid baboons!!!

LMFAO @ fresh Toto. The Muslims like enjoyment sha! LoL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Is Beyond This Universe How Is There Gold In Heaven? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 11, 2019
Niflheim:
grin grin grin grin grin
Lmao, I literally split my sides reading this comment. Religion is pure comedy.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Block Lustful Desires From Coming To My Mind? / My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening / There Is No Single Church In This Arabian Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.